Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2, 으라차차 와이키키2

Kim Seon Ho Is Romantic And Gentle Towards Moon Ga Young In “Welcome To Waikiki 2”

Apr 29, 2019
by K. Lew

Kim Seon Ho is ever the romantic as he pulls off a “Love Actually”-style confession to Moon Ga Young in “Welcome to Waikiki 2.”

“Welcome to Waikiki 2” is the second season about the Waikiki guesthouse and the six young people that operate and live in it. The heartwarming drama follows the young men and women as they navigate through and experience the hardships of their careers, love, and friendship.

In the released photos, Kim Seon Ho is determined to confess to Moon Ga Young. She appears to be unable to hear, as her ears are bandaged. He holds up a sketchbook for her to read that says, “I have something to tell you.” However, something appears to be wrong with her eyes soon after, as she is seen with bandages over them next.

Moon-Ga-Young-Kim-Seon-Ho-2.jpg

Spoiler

Moon-Ga-Young-Kim-Seon-Ho.jpg

Spoiler

Previously, Han Soo Yeon made her debut as a reporter and went to get drinks with the producing director (PD). Cha Woo Sik was worried about her being drunk and came to pick her up. Seeing the situation, he convinced the PD to have drinks with him in order to make him black out. After returning to the guesthouse, he drunkenly yet bravely confessed to Han Soo Yeon, saying, “I like you. A lot. I haven’t forgotten about you for a second since the first time I saw you.”

The production staff stated, “Though he’s unlucky in that he is hindered by some unpredictable event every time he gets a chance to confess his feelings, which is something he waited 10 years for, Woo Sik’s funny yet sad one-sided love will be both refreshing and cute. Please look forward to finding out when Woo Sik’s forward romance will reach Soo Yeon’s heart.”

Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Still cuts for this week episode (11 - 12)

Woosik & Kibong

Spoiler

20190429_151238_7461.png

20190429_151246_0240.png

20190429_151252_3698.png

20190429_151258_2877.png

20190429_151306_8106.png

Woosik & Sooyeon (Love Actually Parody??)

Spoiler

20190429_152808_9690.png

20190429_152826_1458.png

20190429_152903_1592.png

20190429_152947_5888.png

20190429_153035_6204.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Looking forward to Wooshik-Kibong duo, at least we may see an interesting change compared to the usual housemates they've being hanging out too. :)

Spoiler

Based on the stills,  I have a feeling that Kibong got fired and Wooshik try to cheer him up and he has no idea what to do. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hahaaa.. So many emotions for today's episode. LOL. :D Can't wait for English sub tomorrow. At least for now, their relationship status is clear. Hahahaha.. Yeaaaayy..

Becca! Please live long together with Junki.. We love you Becca. She and Junki are really "the bridge" for season 1 and 2.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My other drama is on its finale week , so I am only now just watching some cuts.

It seems that SY has a new ( and handsome PD as per preview). And YR , worried that he would be competition tells her bro to confess to SY. The first round did not go as planned...she was having hearing problems just was he was about to say how he feels 

The JTBC cuts are all in a mess...i think this happened first ...So WS , worried for SY..went to look for her...I think her hearing problems are causing her to be imbalanced and unaware of her surroundings. She almost got hit by a car, but luckily WS saved her.  He was so upset that he finally told her he was really worried for her & likes her. She was shocked. 

Aigoooooo ....WS ran back and was so embarrased by his outburst ...SY followed. She pulled him aside privately ..and I think she tells him she's not in a position to date , and asked if they can remain as friends.  Poor WS. Sis ask if he was ok...well he said what else can he do...he'll be alright...

Spoiler

But towards the end of the drama...it was clear he was not okay...poor baby crying...he keeps saying they are just friends but of course not ...:bawling:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I ended up watching the whole ep before JTBC uploaded their vids. 

I laughed a lot in the beginning and cried like a river in the end. It's okay, Wooshik-ah, you should focus on your career instead.

I felt bad for both Jungeun and Wooshik to hear the word to the person they liked. I guess that's it for them and nothing that can be more than just that.

• Like 2

Rebekah!!! The car needed a major overhaul. Good golly did they get some quacks to fix the car? 

Spoiler

But car is beyond repair, but just as KB was trying to sell a new car to JK...rebekah engines turned on...ahhahah...:lol: it is a miracle

Spoiler

In fact, KB tried to disconnect the wires ( he desparately needed to sell a car :D )...at night the Spirit of Rebekah haunts him 

Spoiler

The next day , Rebekah won't start of course...JK mourns for it. KB again tries to hard sell his new cars...Rebekah resurrects again each time that happens :joy:

JE still can't understand how she can fall for childish JK 

Spoiler

• Like 2

Yup she got friendzoned....

KB being a sweetheart takes WS camping and brings some dates ....to help him get over SY

The two end up having a tiff and fought ..ahahahah...but it was good as it gave WS an outlet to feel better

Spoiler

Preview shows WS starting to write songs  and sing again...i guess his broken heart gives inspiration. KB and YR set up the food truck but the competition is fierce...and oh my is SY feeling jealous seeing WS with another girl?

• Like 2

So I watched today's episode, and I have to say I understand perfectly why JK would friendzone JE like that, in a sense he refuses to consider her as a potential romantic partner.  Remember who he dated in S1? They broke up and he doesn't talk to her brother anymore either (as far as we can tell).  He wants JE to be with him as a friend forever, so he told her that. I don't think it even crossed his mind that she might like him, he just thinks she felt insulted that he doesn't view her as a woman. So while SY turned WS down JK inadvertently blocked JE from even telling him her feelings because to him if they were to enter a romantic relationship it'll doom their friendship.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Had no time to watch all the cuts , just got back from a function but omaigaddddd

While the other love lines hit a snag this week , this couple turned on the heat , fuelled  by  tonnes of alcohol :w00t:. Lol , So YR is KB’s first time for everything! 

Preview 

• LOL 3

Haaaaaaaa. I give up with woosik - sooyeon story. The best dev story in this drama is kibong and yoori. And the best couple for me is joonki and rebecca. :lol:

As I know the two writers (I think they're the main writers) are still with this second season, but the other writers aren't.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sadly for JE her romance with JK is the least likely. At least the other two are making some progress with SY beginning to regret turning WS down while KB and YR are basically two trains going in opposite directions on the same track. Seems JE gave up on a relationship with JK completely, when she started talking about the kind of guy she would like to date. @ixxdhx81 I agree with you about JK and Rebecca, no room for another woman in JK's heart. :D

• LOL 2

Spoiler

In early episode they talked about JK's romance story, how bakka dumped him but he insisted that it was mutual break up. The writers tried to give him another romance with blind date story but once again failed (because he's bareun ajussi :lol:). In recent episode, He firmly said to JE to always stay by his side as his very best friend just like WS and KB. So, I don't think the writers will make another level relationship for JK and JE.

I'm so sorry for all the fans, but if the production team have plan to make another season for this drama, I just want cha-cha sibling, junkibong, and rebecca. If they changed all the casts and only reinstate JK and becca, Lee Yi Kyung once again will be working very hard alone.. I don't want that, even though we all know he and rebecca are like the mascot of waikiki.

Spoiler

@zoks I hate that WS needs 10 episodes to confess. He always helped SY, but what's with his dream and job? Hahaaa.. I like KB and YR better. If WS found out what happened between his sister and KB, I bet he'll do something.. :joy: I'm looking forward to his reaction.

Making Vid!

• LOL 2

I see some similarities about the main couples in both seasons. (Donggu x Yoona || Wooshik x Sooyeon). The guys confessed in Ep 10 and got rejected on Ep 11. The difference is that Donggu refused to accept her rejection while Wooshik slowly accept it and tries to move on by writing some songs. Also, in S1 his friends had no idea that he liked Yoona apart from Sooah while S2 majority of it knows except Jungeun. The S1 MC suffered due to a love triangle that they dragged too long and the 4 eps extension somehow contribute it.

About our S2 MC, I thought that it will resolve quickly when Wooshik found out that Sooyeon is his first love too, there isn't much to tell it, thus that he's struggling to tell how he feels and they spend their time together especially to their favorite hotteok spot. Plus, there's no triangle that they'll block their way (so far), the only thing that went wrong with them is timing.

With only 4 eps left, I wonder if the writers can manage all 3 couples to get together. I only see Junki x Jungeun very unlikely to happen, Junki is shutting himself down by using the 'friend' word to Jungeun. He enjoys hanging out with her but doesn't want to be more than just that.

About Yuri and Kibong, they're just on another level! Can they make a spin-off just about them only? I love everything about them.

@ixxdhx81, there are 3 writers btw who took part in the former season with the addition of Seo Dongbeom. :)

I read some posts that they're demanding for S3 and S4(?!) with Junki and Becca remaining. They're the heart of the show but I don't want Junki forever as a minor actor, I want him to succeed too!! 

• Love 1

Personal view- I think we should not drag to the next season.  I am enjoying this season, but I am worried that fresh ideas are hard to come by. LYK is the heart of this drama just like in Season 1. I am glad he has taken on some serious roles ( Partners for Justice and Children of Nobody) just before this season. He's really talented and won't want him to be typecast. 

I adore Mr Dimples. He keeps me motivated to watch this season but I feel he has the least personal development. They did spend two thirds of the drama on him chasing SY and now getting rejected.  Of course there's hope now that SY seems jealous, but why must we go the route of only realising we miss or cherish someone only when we have lost them...lol...I agree with most here that the best storyline is for me Ki Bong and YR - both in terms of personal development and romance. And I find that they have the most chemie out of the 3 couples...

K netz response for eps 11 (monday) melohwa

[Welcome to Waikiki 2] Ep 11 spoilers, Kim Seon Ho & Mun Ka Young x Ahn So Hee & Lee Yi Kyung

Posted on Monday, April 29, 2019

Spoiler

Article: Naver 'Welcome to Waikiki 2' Kim Seon Ho.Ahn So Hee out of love because of Mun Ka Young.Lee Yi Kyung "Just friends" 

1. [+212,-13]
Please let Jung Eun and Jun Ki get together. 

2. [+116,-3]
Don't cry, silly. ㅠㅠㅠ Woo Shik, don't cry. 

3. [+107,-7]
I watch for Jung Eun and Jun Ki. Please give them more screen time. 

4. [+90,-1]
Everything is exaggerated but I don't hate it. It's fun. 

5. [+61,-4]
Cha Woo Shik ♡ Han Soo Yeon, Lee Jun Ki  ♡ Kim Jung Eun, Kook Ki Bong  ♡ Cha Yoo Ri. These are the couple lines I have predicted. 

6. [+22,-1]
Woo Shik has a nice voice and his acting is good too. 

7. [+17,-1]
The preview for tomorrow.... Soo Yeon is going to fall for Woo Shik. ㅠㅠ

8. [+15,-2]
It's fun, but it's a pity that there is no strong character like Chewbacca in this season. 

• Like 2

Indeed. If they're planning to continue with 3rd season, the writers def need fresh idea. It'll be too much if they still make Junki as only cameo actor. Even his friends in 1st season are all success. :tears: I read an article, at the drama press con the pd talked about season 3 and hope for the season 2 rating.

In the drama official page there's a place for discussing the drama (you can participate with just log in with your naver account or line, but no one talks in other languages except Korean), I've been leaving some comments and participate in the discussion. Some of fans said they want season 3 and with the current members. I have mix feelings about it actually. The reason I watch waikiki2 is because Kim Seon Ho, I even didn't watch the first season. I like the idea with 3rd season because it means I can see more of him on screen, but looking at the current season the writers need to work really harder. :mellow:And I don't know if I'll watch the next season or not. I think I'll not watch it if Kim Seon Ho wasn't one of the casts. Hehe. I remember someone said the reason why waikiki2 is good is because Kim Seon Ho. :lol:

Remember when Lee Yi Kyung said he was actually afraid when he got the offer for waikiki2, even someone from his company asked him to be sure before accepting the role. Because Junki is such strong character and he's afraid to be only known as actor who played Junki. And yes! Def agree, Yikyung is great actor. He can act in comedic way and also great portraying serious role. He deserves an award!

Many fans asking for re-run as well. I don't understand why jtbc did not do it. Jtbc has schedule for the re-run but not as many as fans demand. And the ost! When woosik fell asleep in car with sooyeon and when woosik cried while eating hotdeok. Until now jtbc hasn't released or given any info about the song and the singer.

Well.. We have 4 episodes left. Gonna watch it till the end. Let's enjoy the show! :lol:

P.S. Only 7 days left until Woosik.. I mean Kim Seon Ho birthday (May 8th). Yeayy! :P

• Love 1

It is a real love...JK and Beka...:D

Changing the tires, and the  water  bottle  stole the 

spotlight in this episode. :lol:

Also WS' smile, when he told that girl that its been long

since they have seen eachother. :)

• Love 1

@ixxdhx81 as someone who's watched S1 and hoped for S2, I was excited that we may see the gang again but when the news that Kang Hanna was offered 1st and it will be a new brand cast, I got disappointed. But when the news of Kim Sunho was offered for S2, I got excited and hoping that he'll accept immediately. Waikiki and Kim Sunho in one is already a treat for me. (Gosh, I'm such a trash for Kim Sunho xD)

Actually, Waikiki is one of the dramas that can work in multiple seasons. As someone who grew up watching sitcoms like Friends, The Big Bang Theory etc, Waikiki just fits in these criteria. The writers just need better writing and storyline. In Lee Joowoo's interview (S1), she said that it's just like the Kversion of 'Friends'. She added that writer and director would love to have that 'Friends' atmosphere in the drama.

Also the characters in S2 is so like Friends. Wooshik (Ross), a hopeless romantic, plays instruments, has an older sister Yuri (Monica), who's a cook and likes Sooyeon (Rachel) since high school. Also, Sooyeon suffers from a failed wedding too in first ep like Rachel. Junki is much like Joey, a struggling actor.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My rough trans for plot of Ep 13.

누나 우리 이제 어떡해...?

한 침대에서 눈을 뜬 기봉과 유리! 다른 친구들에게 들키지 않기 위한 필사의 노력을 하게 되는데... 과연 둘의 관계는 어떻게 될 것인가?! 민아가 우식에게 보낸 의문의 메시지. 정은과 수연은 과연 그 암호를 풀 수 있을까? 간만에 일복 터진 준기! 주인공 상대역에 비중도 엄청 큰 배역이라고? 이제 뜨는 건 시간문제라고 좋아하던 준기가 갑자기 연기를 그만두겠다고 선언한 사연은?!

Noona, what should we do?

Kibong and Yoori widened their eyes when they found out that they spent a night together! They'll try their best by not to be caught of their friends. What will happen between them?! Minah sent Wooshik a message then Sooyeon and Jungeun will try to decipher that message. It's been a while that Junki broke down, he's a big part of the family and what's with the sudden announcement that he decided to quit acting?!

• Thanks 1