[Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2, 으라차차 와이키키2

0ly40

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MarianM said:

Maybe it's in the early stages yet, poster shooting was around Jan and his Marie Claire interview was around Feb-Mar (I think).

If you check in Salt Ent's blog, I think Sunho has bonded with Hyunsoo and Gayoung.

From the game video, true.. Looks like Seonho and Hyunsoo already close enough. I remember Yikyung said in an interview the team already started shooting and they're waiting for him.

Agree, it's just early stage. They still have more time, more scene, and more and more to get close. Let's wait and see.. :kiss_closed:

JTBC has this event called 'What is my name', kindly guess their names and tag at least 2 friends to inform that S2 is coming.

Prizes:

* 1st gen Apple Airpods (1 winner)

* 1GB data coupon(?) (5 winners)

* Starbucks Gift Card (10 winners)

Shin Hyunsoo also participated the event and tag his cast members. :lol:

5hTBxBOX_o.jpg

There's an article about the writers and director expressed their thoughts about S2, the casting and the like. It's quite long, and it's a good read.

My rough trans: (please correct me if there are any mistakes, my skills are limited T.T) ^^v

link

Waikiki 2 Director: Just feel comfortable and have fun. I want you to laugh and watch without any worries.

0003974837_001_20190323161604936.jpg

'Eulachacha Waikiki 2' is equipped with a powerful smile and a youthful empathy and brings a new laughing breeze.

JTBC new Mon-Tue drama, Eulachacha Waikiki 2 (directed by Lee Changmin, writers Kim Kiho, Song Jieun, Song Miso and Seo Dongbum, produced by CJES Entertainment, Dramahouse). The guesthouse 'Waikiki' is gathered once again that draws the challenge of friendship, love and dreams of the youth.

'Eulachacha Waikiki', a new concept of youth drama by pointing out the current address of the youth with a story that reflects pleasant laughter and empathy, will open it's second season this year. Expectations of the new season are higher than ever, as the strong script features fresh and ingenious episodes, sensuous production with sharp adjustments of laughter, and the passionate performance of young actors who amplified their laughter with their unrelenting performances. Plus, the reunion of Director Lee Changmin and Writer Kim Kiho, who will provide another legendary laughter following last season, is the reason why viewers are more excited to tune in. In response, Director Lee Changmin and Writer Kim Kiho of 'Laughter-making Dream Team' express their thoughts about 'Eulachacha Waikiki 2'

'Eulachacha Waikiki's' appeal for the 2nd season has been constant keen interest that rarely cools down even after the end of the 1st season. Director Lee Changmin and Writer Kim Kiho responded that the 2nd season made possible because of the viewers who loved Season 1. In addition, Director Lee Changmin confessed, "It's true that we feel so much pressure not to disappoint our viewers" while Writer Kim Kiho also expressed his intention to prepare for the 2nd season saying, "We are working happily with the new actors, although, the burden is big."

Regarding the difference of the last season, Director Lee Changmin explained, "The basic framework has not changed in that we can see it in a fun and comfortable way". Writer Kim Kiho said, "The atmosphere is similar to Season 1, but it has more comical and the scale of the accident has gotten much bigger. I hope you'll look forward to a parade of events involving three high school friends".

The new story, which will be presented by 'Laughter-making Dream Team' is not unusual from the beginning. Kim Kiho said, "Wouldn't something fun happen if they meet their first love back in high school and live together again?". He added, "Even in the characters that appear in the new world are pathetic young individuals who don't really solve their dreams. I wanted to show them how any adversity was going through the energy of the youth. It's a reminder of the depth and laughter and empathy that will be portrayed through the extreme youth who joined Waikiki.

Eulachacha Waikiki has made another breakthrough in rediscovery of gem-like young actors. So much that the meeting of actors who will lead the second season itself stimulates expectations and the biggest reason why this season is expected. It is interesting to know why Lee Changmin casted them. "Kim Sunho is an actor I wanted to work with since the 1st season. In fact, I was watching his videos as reference during the casting stage for Kang Seojin (Go Wonhee). As for Shin Hyunsoo, he made a debut in my drama in the past, I know him well and I was sure that he'll fit to this genre."

The three actresses, Moon Gayoung, Ahn Sohee and Kim Yewon, thought their charm was perfect for their roles. As for Lee Yikyung, who played a big role in the last season, he said, 'Eulachacha Waikiki' is Lee Yikyung'. In short, it showed strong trust and affection in him"

Finally, Lee Changmin said, "Just feel comfortable and have fun. I want you to laugh and watch without any worries." Kim Kiho also said, "It's' early to tell the great point of view. I have the confidence to make them laugh. I hope many people watch the show because I will give you a lot of stress and laughter".

'Eulachacha Waikiki 2' premieres on March 25th, every Monday-Tuesday at 21:30 KST.

moongayoung_fans posted the eng subs of 'guessing the slang words'

Part 1: Eulachacha Team (Cha Wooshik x Kook Kibong)

Part 2: Season 2 Team (Han Sooyeon x Cha Yoori)

Part 3: Waikiki Team (Lee Junki x Kim Jungeun)

The casts will finally meet their viewers tomorrow at 21:30 KST!

Spoiler

75VHJyJmIWJLiuXykIsdKz.jpg

Relationship Chart6SeYBfBvhiBP0b3yaXwIe7.jpg

My rough trans:

Description:

* Cha Yoori - A cook. Wooshik's older sister. A top predator in the guesthouse.

* Kim Jungeun - Queen of part-time jobs. Junki's longtime female friend. (여자 사람 친구)

* Cha Wooshik - Co-CEO of Waikiki Guesthouse. An aspiring singer.

* Lee Junki - Co-CEO of Waikiki Guesthouse. A minor actor.

* Kook Kibong - Co-CEO of Waikiki Guesthouse. A professional baseball player in the 2nd division.

* Han Sooyeon - The Waikiki guys' first love.

Yellow Arrows:

* Cha Yoori <-> Cha Wooshik - siblings

* Kim Jungeun <-> Lee Junki - both majored in theater. They quarrel a lot(?)

* Cha Wooshik--Lee Junki--Kook Kibong - high school classmates

* Cha Wooshik--Lee Junki--Kook Kibong -> Han Sooyeon - first love

* Cha Wooshik -> Han Sooyeon - my heart is beating again.

Finally.. D-Day!

96a4c8b8c84f4016a9a89c2199ea7f49.jpeg?s=

Reasons To Tune In To The Premiere Of Hilarious Comedy “Welcome To Waikiki 2”

Mar 25, 2019
by U. Kim

JTBC’s highly-anticipated comedy drama “Welcome to Waikiki 2” will be premiering soon!

The drama follows a young group of men and women at a guest house named Waikiki as they deal with the hardships of life in the brightest and most cheerful way possible. Following the first season that received lots of love for its relatable and entertaining story, the second season will show the crazy antics of the main characters as they try to get through their lives.

Here are three things to look out for when watching the drama:

Superb acting skills

Several gems were discovered through the first season of “Welcome to Waikiki,” which is why the the expectations are high for the new cast members of the second season. Lee Yi Kyung will continue to play the funny yet slightly pitiful Lee Joon Ki, while Kim Seon Howill play Cha Woo Shik, an unsuccessful idol who aspires to be a singer again. Shin Hyun Soo will represent all of the problems of youth as Kook Ki Bong, a man with a pure mind and soul. Playing everyone’s first love Han Soo Yeon is Moon Ga Young, and Ahn So Hee will play Kim Jung Eun, Joon Ki’s old classmate and a master of part-time jobs. Lastly, Kim Ye Wonwill take on the role of Cha Woo Shik’s sister Cha Yoo Ri, who rules over everyone at Waikiki.

A dream production team

Producing director Lee Chang Min and writer Kim Ki Ho are referred to as the “Dream team of laughter,” as they’ve succeeded in drawing endless laughter from viewers of the show’s first season. Regarding the differences between the two seasons, PD Lee Chang Min said, “It’s similar to the first season in that it’ll be fun and easy to watch,” and the screenwriter shared, “It has a similar atmosphere with the first season, but this season is more comical, and the scale of the characters’ accidents and events has gotten much larger. Keep an eye out and look forward to the countless events that will fall on the three old high school classmates. The new characters are all young people having trouble solving problems in their lives, but they have the energy and passion to follow their dreams. I wanted to show how the positive energy of youth can overcome adversity.” Together, the “Dream team” assured that they will make people laugh uncontrollably and help rid them of stress.

Special cameos

The amazing cameo appearances from the first season will continue in the second season. Actors Park Sung Woong, Kim Seo Hyung, Lee Deok Hwa, Yoon Se Ah, and Kim Ki Hyunhelped make the previous season shine, and in the new season, Joo Sang Wook, Oh Na Ra, Lee Si Eon, Jung Man Sik, Moon Hee Kyung, and other skilled actors will make special appearances. It is worth looking forward to how these actors will interact with the main cast and make the drama even more enjoyable.

“Welcome to Waikiki” premieres on March 25 at 9:30 p.m. KST via JTBC and will be available on Viki!

Source

Na Sungho of 'Noel' will take part in singing the 1st OST called 'Waikiki'. Kim Sunho, Lee Yikyung and Shin Hyunsoo will take part as well in 'Actors Version'.

The OST will be released tonight at 18:00 KST

BBVbfS7.img

source

---

No more Waikiki Wonderland ㅠ.ㅠ

---

Highlights special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1y0RNDnpJQ

(can't embedded video, hmmm)

LOL! When the OST by these three musketeer (Kim Seon Ho, Le Yi Kyung, and Shin Hyun Soo) is out, please stream, buy, listen to the song many times so it can enter the chart and they can go to MAMA as Kim Seon Ho wishes! :joy:

P.S. What is MAMA actually?

Press Conference today if anyone interesting to watch..

OST 1 - Waikiki is out

Na Sungho (Noel)

Kim Sunho, Lee Yikyung, Shin Hyunsoo (Actors' Version)

I personally like the Actors' Ver more. <3. Hope it will be also available on Spotify.

♫Waikiki, it makes me happy every day~~~♫ 

df9a48b65ebf41f4a3633055cceab525.jpeg?s=

Exclusive: “Welcome To Waikiki 2” Cast Talks About New Season, Working Together, Ratings Promises, And More

Mar 25, 2019
by K. Do

Ahead of the premiere of JTBC’s “Welcome to Waikiki 2,” the main cast and director held a press conference to discuss the show. Actors Kim Seon Ho, Lee Yi Kyung, Shin Hyun Soo, Moon Ga Young, Ahn So Hee, Kim Ye Won, and director Lee Chang Min were present.

Staying true to its comedic roots, the cast was playful and exhibited laughs through making funny poses during photo time and chuckling cheerfully throughout the event.

Lee Yi Kyung is the only actor to reprise his role from the first season of “Welcome to Waikiki.” The director revealed that Lee Yi Kyung came to his studio and visited him often, so he didn’t have to think very hard about casting Lee Yi Kyung for the second season.

As for casting the other actors, the director said, “They are all really good.” He later further explained, “I wanted to show an opposite image for them. The actors here get scolded by me a lot, but they work really hard. Showing an image that they haven’t shown before was the biggest reason.”

Making a drama comeback in over two years, Ahn So Hee talked about her return and said, “Since it’s been a long time, I worried a lot and thought a lot. I practiced a lot and talked to the director a lot. I try to be accurate, detailed, and I worked hard so I hope I can show a good image. I’m filming and working very hard.”

Both seasons of “Welcome to Waikiki” feature a lot of comedic scenes with characters “wrecking their images” in order to achieve funny results. Kim Seon Ho commented, “It’s hard to find a middle ground when acting out comedic skits. I ask a lot of questions to confirm and discuss. I’m still trying to find [a balance] and I’m looking forward to achieving it.”

The actors were asked to select a season that best represents “Welcome to Waikiki” and while answering, they shared various thoughts on the show. Lee Yi Kyung said, “I personally really like summer, but I think this youthful ‘Waikiki’ is winter. We filmed in cold weather and finished in warmer weather, so I think this project is like winter to me.” Meanwhile, Moon Ga Young picked spring saying, “Young people in their 20s can relate to the show very well.”

On the other hand, Shin Hyun Soo, Ahn So Hee, and Kim Ye Won picked summer. Shin Hyun Soo stated, “We’re filming warmly. Everyone is working hard and doing their best so there’s heated excitement.”

Lee Yi Kyung displayed hilarious acting in the first season, so he was asked about how much he is planning on wrecking himself this season. He answered, “Season 1, I thought I’ll wreck myself as much as I can. Season 2, you could think I’m overacting so I discussed the balance with the director. I hope that viewers can be satisfied while watching.”

Shin Hyun Soo complimented Lee Yi Kyung and reflected, “I thought I knew about ‘Waikiki 1’ but that was a misjudgment. During the script reading I realized that Lee Yi Kyung was so funny. So the three of us guys gathered together often and had fun filming.” Kim Seon Ho also mentioned talking a lot with Lee Yi Kyung when trying to find a middle ground for comedic acting.

Regarding differences between season 1 and 2, the director replied, “I can’t say that season 2 is greatly different from season 1.” Lee Yi Kyung added, “Since everyone is the same from the director to the staff members, it felt very welcome. Rather than feeling like I survived season 1, I feel excited and nervous. I was so nervous I couldn’t sleep well and I stayed up talking with the director.”

Ahn So Hee answered a question about her chemistry in scenes with Lee Yi Kyung and said, “Lee Yi Kyung is really funny, so it’s hard to not laugh. I try to not laugh by thinking like my character who is exasperated that he’s doing something again, but sometimes it’s hard and I explode with laughter.”

Since Kim Seon Ho’s character is a former idol member who is trying to become a successful singer, he was asked if he took any singing lessons. The actor said, “I didn’t get any special vocal training. I just sang naturally as I am. I’m not that good at singing, but I’m having fun while filming. I also have to play guitar, but there are times when my playing doesn’t match the music.” Kim Seon Ho also talked about exercising to prepare for shirtless scenes.

Lee Yi Kyung shared, “The three [Kim Seon Ho, Lee Yi Kyung, and Shin Hyun Soo] of us sang an OST song together.” Kim Seon Ho relayed his hopes for the song to make it in the top 100 in music charts. Lee Yi Kyung said, “Kim Seon Ho wants us to go to MAMA.”

Near the end of the press conference, the director and cast answered questions about ratings and ratings promises. Director Lee Chang Min said, “I wanted to surpass ‘SKY Castle‘ ratings but they got 23 percent. During season 1 we got 2.2 percent or so. I’ll be completely happy if we get anything higher than that.”

Welcome-to-Waikiki-2-3.jpg

As for ratings promise ideas, Kim Ye Won suggested doing the dance the cast performed in their first teaser video in a public place. Moon Ga Young added on to that and suggested having a flash mob.

Ahn So Hee said, “The three guys have an OST, but I think having all six of us singing an OST would be nice.”

The press conference ended with everyone sharing their hopes that many viewers will tune in and enjoy “Welcome to Waikiki 2.”

Source

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2 - 으라차차 와이키키2 - Mon & Tue 21:30 KST - Kim Sun Ho & Lee Yi Kyung - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2 으라차차 와이키키2 - Mon & Tue 21:30 KST

otoke season 1 was so funny, but i can barely keep up with the 1 ongoing and 1 completed dramas that i'm watching. i still want to watch he is psychometic and the park min young drama is coming up. that's it, i need to quit my job and become a full-time kdrama watcher. 

12 minutes ago, triplem said:

There's no need to watch the 1st season. But I know you are watching quite a few, so might have drama overload. Maybe when TYH ends... :D

That's true... TYH ending this week. But Siwon and KJW coming up soon... 

I really like these three male leads, don't remember ever wactching any of the female leads...

@turtlegirl we need to find a job that pays to watch kdramas! 

Archived