[Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2, 으라차차 와이키키2

0ly40

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. If they're planning to continue with 3rd season, the writers def need fresh idea. It'll be too much if they still make Junki as only cameo actor. Even his friends in 1st season are all success. :tears: I read an article, at the drama press con the pd talked about season 3 and hope for the season 2 rating.

In the drama official page there's a place for discussing the drama (you can participate with just log in with your naver account or line, but no one talks in other languages except Korean), I've been leaving some comments and participate in the discussion. Some of fans said they want season 3 and with the current members. I have mix feelings about it actually. The reason I watch waikiki2 is because Kim Seon Ho, I even didn't watch the first season. I like the idea with 3rd season because it means I can see more of him on screen, but looking at the current season the writers need to work really harder. :mellow:And I don't know if I'll watch the next season or not. I think I'll not watch it if Kim Seon Ho wasn't one of the casts. Hehe. I remember someone said the reason why waikiki2 is good is because Kim Seon Ho. :lol:

Remember when Lee Yi Kyung said he was actually afraid when he got the offer for waikiki2, even someone from his company asked him to be sure before accepting the role. Because Junki is such strong character and he's afraid to be only known as actor who played Junki. And yes! Def agree, Yikyung is great actor. He can act in comedic way and also great portraying serious role. He deserves an award!

Many fans asking for re-run as well. I don't understand why jtbc did not do it. Jtbc has schedule for the re-run but not as many as fans demand. And the ost! When woosik fell asleep in car with sooyeon and when woosik cried while eating hotdeok. Until now jtbc hasn't released or given any info about the song and the singer.

Well.. We have 4 episodes left. Gonna watch it till the end. Let's enjoy the show! :lol:

P.S. Only 7 days left until Woosik.. I mean Kim Seon Ho birthday (May 8th). Yeayy! :P

It is a real love...JK and Beka...:D

Changing the tires, and the  water  bottle  stole the 

spotlight in this episode. :lol:

Also WS' smile, when he told that girl that its been long

since they have seen eachother. :)

@ixxdhx81 as someone who's watched S1 and hoped for S2, I was excited that we may see the gang again but when the news that Kang Hanna was offered 1st and it will be a new brand cast, I got disappointed. But when the news of Kim Sunho was offered for S2, I got excited and hoping that he'll accept immediately. Waikiki and Kim Sunho in one is already a treat for me. (Gosh, I'm such a trash for Kim Sunho xD)

Actually, Waikiki is one of the dramas that can work in multiple seasons. As someone who grew up watching sitcoms like Friends, The Big Bang Theory etc, Waikiki just fits in these criteria. The writers just need better writing and storyline. In Lee Joowoo's interview (S1), she said that it's just like the Kversion of 'Friends'. She added that writer and director would love to have that 'Friends' atmosphere in the drama.

Also the characters in S2 is so like Friends. Wooshik (Ross), a hopeless romantic, plays instruments, has an older sister Yuri (Monica), who's a cook and likes Sooyeon (Rachel) since high school. Also, Sooyeon suffers from a failed wedding too in first ep like Rachel. Junki is much like Joey, a struggling actor.

My rough trans for plot of Ep 13.

누나 우리 이제 어떡해...?

한 침대에서 눈을 뜬 기봉과 유리! 다른 친구들에게 들키지 않기 위한 필사의 노력을 하게 되는데... 과연 둘의 관계는 어떻게 될 것인가?! 민아가 우식에게 보낸 의문의 메시지. 정은과 수연은 과연 그 암호를 풀 수 있을까? 간만에 일복 터진 준기! 주인공 상대역에 비중도 엄청 큰 배역이라고? 이제 뜨는 건 시간문제라고 좋아하던 준기가 갑자기 연기를 그만두겠다고 선언한 사연은?!

Noona, what should we do?

Kibong and Yoori widened their eyes when they found out that they spent a night together! They'll try their best by not to be caught of their friends. What will happen between them?! Minah sent Wooshik a message then Sooyeon and Jungeun will try to decipher that message. It's been a while that Junki broke down, he's a big part of the family and what's with the sudden announcement that he decided to quit acting?!

On 3/27/2019 at 7:11 AM, stroppyse said:

So, first things, I probably don't watch a lot of Korean comedies, because they seem to so enjoy their potty humor, whereas I didn't grow up with that (despite being of Korean ancestry), so don't really find it funny or enjoyable.

Funny thing, here in Russia, we call this "American humor" ;) Not "Korean humor". 
When smb makes a review for the first "Waikiki", it necessarily says "a bit rough - in American way". 
So, to tell the truth, I started season number two only for Kim SeonHo, prepearing just to endure Lee YiKyung. But I need to say I really like this last one too now. Because he dropped his apish manner of playing (hope it's a Kim SeonHo's beneficial influence or the director finally realised it is bad taste). 
I'm so very happy they got rid of this vulgar overacting and hit a sarcastic note. (Still I would be much more happier if it was Kim JungHyun instead.) Not only the acting but the script itself went to the whole other level, having risen above physiology and other platitudes.
Actually, I think scenarist found himself in the last series of the first season, which were way different from the others. 

As a resume, I watch this season with a real pleasure - against the first.

Lee Yi Kyung Transforms Into Lee Joon Gi’s “The King And The Clown” Character In “Welcome To Waikiki 2”

May 6, 2019
by S. Park

Lee Yi Kyung will be making a surprise transformation on “Welcome to Waikiki 2.”

On May 5, JTBC released stills of Lee Yi Kyung on the stage of the play “Superstar.”

Last week, the youth of “Welcome to Waikiki 2” continued to race towards their dreams. Woo Sik (played by Kim Seon Ho) focused on songwriting in order to forget the pain of his heartbreak while Yoo Ri (played by Kim Ye Won) started to take on the challenge of opening her business “Yoo Ri’s Kitchen.”

Meanwhile, Joon Ki will face a turning point in his life. In the stills, he has a serious expression on his face and looks as if he’s thinking hard about something. Joon Ki has always been full of positive energy no matter the obstacles in his way.

Transformed into Lee Joon Gi’s character in the film “The King and the Clown,” Lee Yi Kyung showcases his beauty and delicate dance moves.

Lee-Yi-Kyung2.jpg

What made Joon Ki pause his dream of becoming a “Superstar” and pursue acting in a play? Find out when “Welcome to Waikiki 2” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. KST.

:D:D:lol: Can't wait for tonight

From Yewon's IG story. They just started filming for Ep 16. (It's the 'poster' cover they used just like in S1!)

bn0h5kg5mx9vy4xfcpqmr.jpg

No extension huh? I want more of their stories but I understand, it may end up like S1 (dragging the love triangle of main couple). And may also apply to our main couple if they extend it)

I will surely miss them. T.T

LMAO! From Kibong to Kisoon. :lol:

So. We have seen ending Kibong cried because he had to give up baseball. Tonight's episode we have ending with Junki sad - cried because he said he'll give up acting. Why only woosik had ending scene - cried not because he needs to give up his dreams / career but because he realized that he actually wasn't okay with SY didn't accept his feeling. LOL!

Kibong

Junki

Woosik

About the song in the end when Junki cried alone when he decided to give up acting, it's the song used in S1. :) I love when they use some BGMs, OSTs in S1, it gives me nostalgia.

Based on the cuts, I just hope they won't rush everything in the remaining 3 eps, Sooyeon started to feel something, Jungeun confessed and Yoori's date with Kibong. I hope our couples will have a proper ending for them.

@triplem from my understanding, his junior said / did something to the director related to him and I think it hurts his feelings. Junki then visited the director, seeing another actor kneeling down in front of the director reminds him of himself. He used to do that, but this time he will never do the same. Instead, he decided to give up acting. Hhaaa.. I Need english sub soon to understand what's really happening. :sweatingbullets:

Ep 14 Plot (my rough trans)

연기를 그만두겠다는 준기. 정은은 준기의 마음을 돌리기 위해서 온갖 수단을 동원하게 되는데… 그렇게 하나씩 밝혀지는 정은이의 충격적인 비밀들! 그리고 우울증(?)에 걸린 준기를 지켜주기 위해 똘똘뭉친 와이키키 멤버들! 유리와 기봉이의 첫 데이트! 하지만 하나부터 열까지 맞는게 하나도 없는데… 자꾸 우식이를 찾아오는 민아. 그리고 자꾸 실수로 민아를 치게 되는 수연?! ‘정말 실수인데… 고의로 그런거 아닌데…’

Now that Junki has decided to give up acting, Jungeun uses all means to change his mind and Jungeun's shocking secrets are revealed one by one! The Waikiki members have joined together to protect(?) Junki who suffered from depression. Yoori and Kibong's first date! But a date that is not always turned out as expected(?). Minah keeps visiting Wooshik and Sooyeon keeps hitting Minah by mistake?! 'It was a mistake... I didn't mean to'.

1 hour ago, ixxdhx81 said:

@triplem from my understanding, his junior said / did something to the director related to him and I think it hurts his feelings. Junki then visited the director, seeing another actor kneeling down in front of the director reminds him of himself. He used to do that, but this time he will never do the same. Instead, he decided to give up acting. Hhaaa.. I Need english sub soon to understand what's really happening. :sweatingbullets:

JunKi's junior, the main actor, stole a role from JunKi in the past by pulling strings via the investors. Not just any role but THE iconic role that launched the junior to fame, fame that JunKi would have had if he hadn't gotten the role stolen.

When JunKi finally passes the audition in the present with the renowned director, he thought it was through his own skills, only to hear while in the toilet that it was because the junior threatened to leave the production otherwise even though JunKi's role actually had already been casted. It wasn't an act of loyalty. It was his way of paying back his "debt". So in the director and staff's eyes, JunKi is a disgusting "parachute" (what they call people who get a role they supposedly dont deserve purely/ mainly due to connections) and when JunKi confronted the junior, junior snapped that he's not sorry at all for having stolen his role because otherwise he wouldn't have what he has today. It's a dog eat dog world after all.

JunKi didn't want to take the role by stealing it, but his dad calls and he caves, justifying it by saying everyone does it.

But when the guy he took the role over from comes begging to the director, he remembers his devastated and desperate self pleading his director years before when his role actually got stolen.

Thus, disgusted and beaten, he gives up acting. 

Dang. That hit right in the heart.

Kim Seon Ho gave tumbler as gift and tteok to 100 people staffs and actors welcome to waikiki 2. As he participates in free plastic challenge, he hopes the tumbler can be useful and they use it for good reasons. And for tteok, he hopes the staffs and the actors enjoy the shooting until last episode.

1VJ1R7VSCL_1.jpg

Shin Hyun Soo showed the tumbler he received from Kim Seon Ho on his latest instagram post..

I haven't started the 2nd part yet so I'll comment on the 1st part, I find the PPL arc smart in a weird way. The show is well-known for not using PPL that much in both seasons. (They used a protector on their phones to hide the brand, the shirt they're wearing they tape it, the presents they made it as simple as possible). I do find the noticeable PPL is the face mask that Sooyeon gave it to everyone as gifts. It's weird and unfitting for them but I guess it's their 1st time since it's related. lol

15 hours ago, MarianM said:

No extension huh? I want more of their stories but I understand, it may end up like S1 (dragging the love triangle of main couple).

Don't think they'll get extension ep. But I think new season is possible (maybe next year?). Lee Yi Kyung will be busy with his new movie promotion (if I'm not mistaken the premier is on May 22nd). Kim Seon Ho will be busy with his new drama which is planned to air in August.

3 ep left. Just wish the writers have great conclusion to end this season's story.

16 hours ago, chudo-nova said:

P.S. What I really don't like is the vanishingly small amount of Kim SeonHo ..

This! :crazy: Same here!

Ep 14 is the victory for Kibong and Yoori couple. Congratulation they're officially a couple now. LOL.

The scene when JE entered Junki's room and thought he was trying to hang himself.. That's so funny.

SY finally admit that she jealous seeing WS and his student.

Only 2 episodes left. Final episode next week!

Argh, no preview! Why you do this to me?

I already watched the RAW and patiently waiting for subs. Anyway, here's my cents. I noticed in the past eps that the writers enjoyed writing Yoori-Kibong storyline leaving the other two 'couples' behind. I love them as a couple, I wish that they could balance it. Now that they're official, they may now focus on the remaining 'couples'. I can't help but Wooshik, Sooyeon and Jungeun got the short end of the stick. With only 2 episodes left (or 4 parts), I have a feeling they'll rush everything or worse an open ending. 

Anyway, fans are already demanding for S3, which is quite expected. Since it's a 'sitcom', there are more stories to tell whether it's relatable, funny and their ideas are unlimited. I hope JTBC will renew this for a S3.

Lastly, Happy Sunho day! It's Kim Sunho's (Wooshik) birthday, May 08. :). I'm happy that he'll spend his day with them <3

Archived