[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, And More Reveal Reasons To Watch Upcoming Historical Drama “My Country”

4f46e38540aa4b439cb62ab2732cf3aa.jpeg?s=

jang-hyuk-my-country.jpg

Ahead of the premiere of JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “My Country,” the cast — Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, Jang Hyuk — revealed reasons to tune in to the drama.

“My Country” takes place at the end of the Goryeo dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon dynasty and tells the story of conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection.

Yang Se Jong plays the warrior Seo Hwi, who would give his life if it would protect his family. The actor said, “I’m playing Seo Hwi, who would put his life on the line for his beliefs. I’m working hard to best portray my character, so please look forward to the drama.”

Describing the drama as a multifaceted story of people’s conflicts in the face of different beliefs and ambitions as well as friendship and love, Yang Se Jong said, “There’s a lot to watch in this drama, from the emotional, tension-filled story to the elaborate action.”

Woo Do Hwan, who is starring in his first historical drama as the character Nam Seon Ho, who dreams of power and authority that goes beyond class and rank, said, “I’m nervous how people will see me. In addition to the physical transformation with the hair and costumes, I prepared a lot for the action, with swordsmanship, archery, and horseback riding. So much is new, so I’m having fun while filming.”

The actor teased the first episode of the drama, saying, “In the first broadcast, you can see the beginnings of Nam Seon Ho, Seo Hwi, and Han Hee Jae, who are each pursuing ‘their country.’ There’s a lot in the story, including what kind of country each character dreams of, why they have those dreams, and how the three characters’ fates intertwine.”

Seolhyun is starring in “My Country” as Han Hee Jae, an outspoken woman who doesn’t compromise in the face of injustice. She said, “Please pay attention to the stories of each character in ‘My Country,’ who is looking for ‘their country’ amid tumultuous times. If you watch the story of Hee Jae and why she aims to gain power, Hee Jae’s growth and change, and her relationships with Nam Seon Ho and Seo Hwi, you will enjoy the drama.”

Jang Hyuk plays Lee Bang Won, who has to put up a cold, lonely fight in order to establish a new Joseon. Jang Hyuk said, “‘My Country’ has the stories of figures from history as well as various stories inside them that had been hidden. The drama adds to the interesting history that you already know, and it will be a fun watch.”

“Conflicts, confusion, and increasingly intertwined relationships are all elaborately drawn out. In addition to characters from history like Lee Bang Won and Lee Sung Gye, the drama will show how characters like Seo Hwi, Nam Seon Ho, and Han Hee Jae survive the times.”

“My Country” premieres October 4 at 10:50 p.m. KST. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356652wpp/yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-and-more-reveal-reasons-to-watch-upcoming-historical-drama-my-country

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST
8 hours ago, r047 said:

I'm so excited and looking forward to tonight! :w00t: I hope the ratings would be good. Btw, did they forget to post the script reading pics :huh:

so nervous for the ratings.. i think jtbc didn't promote it like they should have 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, hyunxing XD said:

so nervous for the ratings.. i think jtbc didn't promote it like they should have 

Same here, plus it's cable channel, though some good dramas got good numbers. I watched it without subs, seems so good for a first episode but still I dunno how things will turn out and what Koreans think about it. I would like to hear from you, no one shared thoughts here

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, r047 said:

Same here, plus it's cable channel, though some good dramas got good numbers. I watched it without subs, seems so good for a first episode but still I dunno how things will turn out and what Koreans think about it. I would like to hear from you, no one shared thoughts here

i was waiting for subs on netflix. 

i would be fine if they start humbly but picked up ratings as it airs.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hyunxing XD said:

i was waiting for subs on netflix. 

i would be fine if they start humbly but picked up ratings as it airs.  

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did! Same here, it is expected that the first episode gets the lowest rating, with time it'll pick up hopefully. What makes me a bit optimistic is that it is trending and it's on the top at this very moment :w00t:

• Like 2

“My Country” Sees Promising Premiere Ratings, “Vagabond” Going Strong As No. 1

JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “My Country” is off to a solid start!

“My Country,” starring Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, Woo Do Hwan, and Jang Hyuk, takes place at the end of the Goryeo dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon dynasty and tells the story of conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection.

According to Nielsen Korea, the October 4 premiere of the drama recorded 3.5 percent viewership nationwide.

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Vagabond,” which stars Lee Seung Gi and Suzy and premiered two weeks ago, is still going strong as the No. 1 Friday evening drama! The October 4 episode, which aired in three parts, hit 7.4, 8.9, and 11.5 percent viewership respectively.

8317b58eb9b148239b53cafc5d48b8e5.jpeg?s=

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356834wpp/my-country-sees-promising-premiere-ratings-vagabond-going-strong-as-no-1

• Like 2