Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

NETFLIX TO INTRODUCE ACTION-PACKED HISTORICAL K-DRAMA MY COUNTRY: THE NEW AGE

SEOUL, Sept 17, 2019 - Netflix Inc., the world’s leading Internet entertainment service, announced that a new historical Korean drama My Country: The New Age will launch globally on October 4, 2019.

My Country: The New Age is a story about people who desire power while protecting their faith, set during the transitional period between the late Goryeo dynasty and the early Joseon dynasty in the late 14th century.

Seo Hwi, played by Yang Se-jong (Dr. Romantic, Temperature of Love, Still 17), is a warrior who does not compromise when it comes to injustice. Seo Hwi’s friend Nam Seon-ho is played by Woo Do-hwan (Save Me, Mad Dog). Seon-ho works hard to pass the military examination, overcoming his social rank, but encounters conflict with Hwi over a misunderstanding.

Also starring in the series is Kim Seol-hyun (Gangnam Blues, The Great Battle), better known by the mononym Seolhyun, who plays Han Hui-jae, a woman with impressive martial art skills. Strong confrontation over the throne between father Yi Seong-gye and son Yi Bang-won, is portrayed by veteran actors Kim Yeong-cheol (Taejo Wang Geon, Iris) and Jang Hyuk (The Slave Hunters, Deep Rooted Tree), respectively.

My Country: The New Age is directed by Kim Jin-won (Wonderful Days, The Innocent Man) and written by Chae Seung-dae (The Master of Revenge, Inspiring Generation).

The series will be available exclusively on Netflix outside Korea with two episodes launching weekly from October 4 for most APAC and English-speaking countries, while the rest of the world will see the weekly launch from October 14.

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-to-introduce-action-packed-historical-k-drama-my-country-the-new-age

• Like 7

EFL6DboUYAA3m87?format=jpg&name=900x900

My country's main poster 

It's so beautiful :wub: i really liked all the teasers and posters they put some efforts in it. It's a shame the drama isn't getting enough buzz.

• Like 5

Translation of the news article by a fan : 

( <Summary of the article_ Yi Bangwon>

Jang Hyuk raises tension to viewers with just a glance. Jang Hyuk, who gives off an absolute aura, is already perfectly immersed in Yi Bangwon. An icy air is passing up on him and he doesn't mind blood on his face. Also, a fierce look revealed behind his own composure carries Yi Bangwon's ambition to stand on top of the new world. Yi Bangwon’s unwavering advance to find "My Country" heralds the turbulent narrative ahead.
He, who had to become a sword of his own to survive, confronts not only Yi Sunggye but also Queen Sindok Kang, pulling the strings of tension.

Jang Hyuk felt that “Yi Bangwon in ‘My Country' was a man who hid his sorrow behind the sword. While he was revealing his ambition on the surface, I wanted to depict Yi Bangwon as a human hidden in it. By interpreting the relationships between the characters extensively, I portrayed the feelings of "human” Yi Bangwon. In the relation with father, Yi Sunggye, I tried to look at the various situations from the perspective of a son who treats a father.”

"I prepared this project for a long time and put lots of stories into it so please look forward to it. I will work hard and do my best to act," he delivered the message to viewers.)

cr : IG owner

• Like 8

Translation of 4th teaser (JH's part only)

YSG = Yi Sung-gye (the father)

NJ = Nam Jeon (the father's official)

YBW = Yi Bang-won (JH) 

Btw Han Shin and Baek Ki were famous Chinese military generals (Han Xin and Bai Qi) who helped their kings.

• Like 8

wow jang hyuk has me shaking. he looks so ambitious and desire driven. 

i wonder what seolhyun's character was saying. i think she is doing good esp the pronunciation/enunciation  part 

• Like 7

Wow, that trailer.... Amazing:thumbsup:. I got goosebumps just watching it. Looks like JH villian character is gonna win our hearts lol:mrgreen:. By the way, in real history, does his character die or he really becomes a king? Because I don't want him dead lol:sweat_smile:.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Wow, that trailer.... Amazing:smile::thumbsup:. I got goosebumps just watching it. Looks like JH villian character is gonna win our hearts lol:mrgreen:. By the way, in real history, does his character die or he really becomes a king? Because I don't want him dead lol:sweat_smile:.

Me too! He will be one super charismatic antagonist! Lee Bang Won eventually became Taejong of Joseon,  the third king of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Wow, that trailer.... Amazing:thumbsup:. I got goosebumps just watching it. Looks like JH villian character is gonna win our hearts lol:mrgreen:. By the way, in real history, does his character die or he really becomes a king? Because I don't want him dead lol:sweat_smile:.

He did manage to become king for 18 years before dying

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taejong_of_Joseon

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Me too! He will be one super charismatic antagonist! Lee Bang Won eventually became Taejong of Joseon,  the third king of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea. 

I'm excited for his character:D. Thanks for the information. Now I don't have to worry about him being dead at the end of the drama:sweat_smile:. Though I don't know about the rest of the characters lol.

Another bonus is that they won't be any romance line for him. Ohh this is so gonna be good:glasses:.

@Prettysup Now reading his information, I fear for the rest lol:sweat_smile:. But I have to admit, despise his killings, he was a wise king who listened to his people and established the country.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, hyunxing XD said:

i think in heavy dark and serious genres like this, they would have no problem killing a main character 

Let's make a bet.

I say Woo Do Hwan's character dies in the end.

What do you think?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hyunxing XD said:

wow jang hyuk has me shaking. he looks so ambitious and desire driven. 

i wonder what seolhyun's character was saying. i think she is doing good esp the pronunciation/enunciation  part 

Due to unknown reasons he is giving me Gary Oldman vibes in the teasers. I wonder why does he keep playing 'nasty' characters these days.

I don't know Seolhyun but once I've seen her in a variety show. She seemed like a sweetheart.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Let's make a bet.

What do you think?

my bets are on him too.  he will go against his friend then regret what he did and maybe die protecting his friend? sacrifice himself when he realizes he was wrong 

• Like 1

I really despise the real Lee Bang Won but seems like JH is gonna make me fangirl over him.

Let's make a bet.

What do you think?

Me too he's with LSG against LBW i doubt he would let him live when he killed his own brothers.

• Like 5

has anyone seen works of this writer previously? how does he write his characters? are they complex as in he shows both sides of their character good or bad? i am rooting for lee bang won because jang hyuk has left me speechless

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hyunxing XD said:

has anyone seen works of this writer previously? how does he write his characters? are they complex as in he shows both sides of their character good or bad? i am rooting for lee bang won because jang hyuk has left me speechless

Yes. I've seen the drama of the writer. You can check soompi thread. It was dark thriller revenge.  Here's what I posted in the thread 2016   "good acting, good writing, the theme, the plot, the over all delivery of the drama. The least viewers can do is reward a good drama with good viewership "- yeah I am my own source. 

Hopefully we also get rewarded with good drama for up coming.  Oh but wait, the writer's previous drama, tragedy for second lead. So lets see how this one goes. Below is the director and and writer for My Country.

Director: Kim Jin-Won  (Rain or Shine , The Package , Wonderful Days , The Innocent Man )

Writer: Chae Seung-Dae (The Master of Revenge )

• Like 5