[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

Wow, that trailer.... Amazing:thumbsup:. I got goosebumps just watching it. Looks like JH villian character is gonna win our hearts lol:mrgreen:. By the way, in real history, does his character die or he really becomes a king? Because I don't want him dead lol:sweat_smile:.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Wow, that trailer.... Amazing:smile::thumbsup:. I got goosebumps just watching it. Looks like JH villian character is gonna win our hearts lol:mrgreen:. By the way, in real history, does his character die or he really becomes a king? Because I don't want him dead lol:sweat_smile:.

Me too! He will be one super charismatic antagonist! Lee Bang Won eventually became Taejong of Joseon,  the third king of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Wow, that trailer.... Amazing:thumbsup:. I got goosebumps just watching it. Looks like JH villian character is gonna win our hearts lol:mrgreen:. By the way, in real history, does his character die or he really becomes a king? Because I don't want him dead lol:sweat_smile:.

He did manage to become king for 18 years before dying

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taejong_of_Joseon

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Me too! He will be one super charismatic antagonist! Lee Bang Won eventually became Taejong of Joseon,  the third king of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea. 

I'm excited for his character:D. Thanks for the information. Now I don't have to worry about him being dead at the end of the drama:sweat_smile:. Though I don't know about the rest of the characters lol.

Another bonus is that they won't be any romance line for him. Ohh this is so gonna be good:glasses:.

@Prettysup Now reading his information, I fear for the rest lol:sweat_smile:. But I have to admit, despise his killings, he was a wise king who listened to his people and established the country.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, hyunxing XD said:

wow jang hyuk has me shaking. he looks so ambitious and desire driven. 

i wonder what seolhyun's character was saying. i think she is doing good esp the pronunciation/enunciation  part 

Due to unknown reasons he is giving me Gary Oldman vibes in the teasers. I wonder why does he keep playing 'nasty' characters these days.

I don't know Seolhyun but once I've seen her in a variety show. She seemed like a sweetheart.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Let's make a bet.

I say Woo Do Hwan's character dies in the end.

What do you think?

my bets are on him too.  he will go against his friend then regret what he did and maybe die protecting his friend? sacrifice himself when he realizes he was wrong 

• Like 1

I really despise the real Lee Bang Won but seems like JH is gonna make me fangirl over him.

Let's make a bet.

What do you think?

Me too he's with LSG against LBW i doubt he would let him live when he killed his own brothers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hyunxing XD said:

has anyone seen works of this writer previously? how does he write his characters? are they complex as in he shows both sides of their character good or bad? i am rooting for lee bang won because jang hyuk has left me speechless

Yes. I've seen the drama of the writer. You can check soompi thread. It was dark thriller revenge.  Here's what I posted in the thread 2016   "good acting, good writing, the theme, the plot, the over all delivery of the drama. The least viewers can do is reward a good drama with good viewership "- yeah I am my own source. 

Hopefully we also get rewarded with good drama for up coming.  Oh but wait, the writer's previous drama, tragedy for second lead. So lets see how this one goes. Below is the director and and writer for My Country.

Director: Kim Jin-Won  (Rain or Shine , The Package , Wonderful Days , The Innocent Man )

Writer: Chae Seung-Dae (The Master of Revenge )

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Yes. I've seen the drama of the writer. You can check soompi thread. It was dark thriller revenge.  Here's what I posted in the thread 2016   "good acting, good writing, the theme, the plot, the over all delivery of the drama. The least viewers can do is reward a good drama with good viewership "- yeah I am my own source. 

Hopefully we also get rewarded with good drama for up coming.  Oh but wait, the writer's previous drama, tragedy for second lead. So lets see how this one goes. Below is the director and and writer for My Country.

Director: Kim Jin-Won  (Rain or Shine , The Package , Wonderful Days , The Innocent Man )

Writer: Chae Seung-Dae (The Master of Revenge )

thank you for the review! was really curious about the writer  & i trust the director fully ( watched the innocent man) 

• Like 4

Translation of the 4th teaser :

Jang Hyuk, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Woo Do Hwan Face Off Against Powerful Enemies In Teaser For Historical Drama

9ddaa2470ab646ab9be0440fddb60041.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “My Country” (literal title) has released a thrilling new teaser ahead of its premiere!

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. The drama stars Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

The preview opens with Yi Seong Gye (played by Kim Young Chul) pointing a sword at Nam Jeon (played by Ahn Nae Sang). He states, “I’m going to move forward. What will you do?” and Nam Jeon replies, “You should rule. I will be the one to get blood on my hands.” Later, Lee Bang Won (played by Jang Hyuk) repeats these words to Nam Jeon and says with a mocking chuckle, “Anyone would think you’re raising a white flag.”

Meanwhile, Han Hee Jae expresses fury over the people who killed her mother. Seo Seol (played by Jang Young Nam) challenges her by asking, “I don’t have that kind of power. Do you?” Han Hee Jae responds, “I don’t. But I will develop it.”

Tensions continue to rise as Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong) says during a fierce battle, “There are lives that I must save and end.” Han Hee Jae asks Nam Seon Ho (played by Woo Do Hwan), “Is Goryeo going to fall?” to which he declares cryptically, “The king comes first and the country comes second.”

The clip ends with a bloodstained Lee Bang Won saying, “I have gotten on a horse and carried around a sword to go around the palace. I need to see the world being overturned with my own two eyes.”

“My Country” premieres on October 4 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

http://www.soompi.com/article/1354927wpp/watch-jang-hyuk-aoas-seolhyun-and-woo-do-hwan-face-off-against-powerful-enemies-in-teaser-for-historical-drama

17 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Let's make a bet.

What do you think?

According to the character description of Yang Se-jong's character in the teasers, it says "Seo Hwi One who is willing to die in order to protect his loved ones, the son of the top warrior of Goryeo Seo Geom".

Of coz this doesnt mean he will die in the end, but just saying.. hehe..

Jang Hyuk explores humanistic side of bloodthirsty prince in My Country

jhyukcountrya3.jpg

More promo for the upcoming sageuk My Country has been released, prominently featuring Jang Hyuk (Greasy Melo). The drama is set in a time of political upheaval, as Goryeo falls and Joseon rises from its ashes. Three courageous individuals with different, but equally strong beliefs begin to shape this new world with their respective visions.

To give a bit of historical context, General Yi Seong-gye becomes the first king of Joseon when he takes power by staging a coup against the last of the Goryeo kings. He is styled as King Taejo, founder of the Joseon dynasty. Yi Bang-won, who will be played by Jang Hyuk, is the most ambitious of Yi Seong-gye’s sons who helps his father cement his rule of Joseon.

The new poster featuring the main trio says: “During Joseon’s fetal stages, they were there.” Yang Se-jong (Temperature of Love) plays the son of one of General Yi Seong-gye’s top commanders. Woo Do-hwan (The Great Seducer) plays Yang Se-jong’s friend who is unable to become a military official because of his commonborn background. Finally, Seolhyun (Orange Marmalade) completes the trio, as the young woman who has a strong sense of justice.

But let’s focus on Jang Hyuk for a moment—his hair is giving me chills, bringing me back to his Chuno days, and I’m so stoked. It looks like the drama is going to take a whole new perspective on Yi Bang-won, one of the most fascinating characters in Korean history for his bloody massacre of his siblings during his rise to power.

Yi Bang-won has already been portrayed by many films and dramas, with Yoo Ah-in’s Six Flying Dragons being a particularly memorable portrayal. In fact, Jang Hyuk has played the character before too in his movie Empire of Lust, so it’ll be interesting how his acting will differ in My Country.

According to Jang Hyuk, My Country’s Yi Bang-won is a character who hides his vulnerable, pitiful self behind a sword. Although it looks like plain ambition from the outside, Jang Hyuk wanted to portray his inner humanistic sides too. By exploring and interpreting the relationships Yi Bang-won has with others, Jang Hyuk wanted to show Yi Bang-won’s human emotions. Especially, he tried to show the perspective of a son’s relationship with his father, and the circumstances that surrounded his actions.

JTBC Friday-Saturday drama My Country begins airing on October 4.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/jang-hyuk-explores-humanistic-side-of-bloodthirsty-prince-in-my-country/

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

According to the character description of Yang Se-jong's character in the teasers, it says "Seo Hwi One who is willing to die in order to protect his loved ones, the son of the top warrior of Goryeo Seo Geom".

Of coz this doesnt mean he will die in the end, but just saying.. hehe..

@Prettysup  I hope no one dies. I like to see Yang Se Jong and Woo whan character battle it out until the end as enemies or ally fiighting together.

• Like 4

Jang Hyuk Charges Towards A New World In First Glimpse For “My Country”

d4bc6ea4c3774b5e8cadd0b273c78f70.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “My Country” has provided an intense first look at Jang Hyuk in the upcoming drama!

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. It stars Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

The newly-released images show Jang Hyuk immersed in his role as Lee Bang Won. The veteran actor ups the tension with his fierce gaze and powerful aura. He pulls off a variety of expressions with ease, from his cold stare with his face stained with blood to his concentrated eyes as he mulls over a document. Viewers are looking forward to seeing the central role he will play in the chaotic events of the drama.

Jang Hyuk is playing Lee Bang Won for the second time through “My Country,” having previously portrayed the historical figure in the 2015 film “The Age of Innocence.” He said about his role, “I felt that the Lee Bang Won in ‘My Country’ hides his sorrow behind his sword. On the surface, he projects his ambitions, but I wanted to show the human side underneath. I decided to look at his relationship with Lee Sung Kye from the perspective of a son approaching his father.” He concluded by adding, “This is a project we prepared over a long period of time and includes lots of stories, so please anticipate it. I put my all into acting.”

“My Country” premieres on October 4 at 10:50 p.m. KST. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1354961wpp/jang-hyuk-charges-towards-a-new-world-in-first-glimpse-for-my-country

• Like 8

Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun Fondly Talk About Their First Day On Set Of Upcoming Drama “My Country”

56c14e9caf474dae9cbeaafa3b661091.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “My Country” has released a new behind-the-scenes clip of its cast!

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. The drama stars Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

The clip begins with Yang Se Jong talking about his first day on set. He recalls having to run around a lot after his character becomes entangled with Seolhyun’s character, who is being chased by soldiers. The actor fondly says, “That’s when the trio’s relationship begins.”

The camera later pans to Seolhyun, who stares at a poster of her character hanging on the wall, and she remarks, “I think [the cast] took some time getting used to the set.” She later expresses concern about having to film a scene in which her character headbutts Yang Se Jong. He reassures her that it’s fine, and she films the scene without any trouble. Seolhyun comments, “Despite it being the first time [we filmed together], Se Jong and I were able to work well together, and the director helped point out all the details. Even though it was the first shoot, I remember having fun.”

Woo Do Hwan reveals that he only had to shoot one scene on his first day. He smiles as he says, “I asked the director, ‘Director, isn’t this just the test run?’ and he replied, ‘The first day on set is usually like that.’ So I told him I’d see him later and went home.” Although he says this casually, the clip later shows Woo Do Hwan asking the director if they can shoot one more scene, showing his excitement for the drama.

The three actors finally shoot a scene together and share ideas on how Seolhyun should exit the scene. They laugh as they act out the scene themselves, and Seolhyun takes their advice when the cameras begin rolling.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355073wpp/watch-woo-do-hwan-yang-se-jong-aoas-seolhyun-fondly-talk-about-their-first-day-on-set-of-upcoming-drama-my-country

• Like 6

5 hours ago, hyunxing XD said:

behind the scenes video is cute af! the leads are getting along well.. nice to see them joking around, my anticipation is rising

Well to me the video dropped my excitement as the leads seemed like the typical love triangle trios that's i really don't like nor what i expected from this drama but glad it seems like JH's character has its own arc with the other supporting characters which makes me still look forward to the drama and stick to it if the main characters storyline was too focused in the romance. 

• Like 6