Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Yang Se Jong Struggle For Their Lives In Preview For New Historical Drama

145610736de2438db295d36cf560a6cd.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming historical drama “My Country” (literal title) has unveiled a gripping new teaser!

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. The drama stars Woo Do Hwan as military officer Nam Sun Ho, along with Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

The newly released clip opens with a brutal battle scene and the image of Nam Sun Ho emerging from a burning building. Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong) declares as he crafts a weapon, “I will become strong. There’s someone I must protect.”

Over scenes of his difficult childhood and intense training, Nam Sun Ho says darkly, “Goryeo will fall. When that happens, I will stand in the center.” He continues, “I will take it. Even if that means I lose you.” The trailer teases a complicated relationship between Nam Sun Ho and Han Hee Jae (played by AOA’s Seolhyun), as Han Hee Jae slaps Nam Sun Ho and says, “It’s not right. That’s why I’m angry. I’m going to become stronger. So I don’t lose anyone.”

The preview ends with a mysterious encounter between Lee Saek (played by Lee Seung Chul) and Lee Bang Won (played by Jang Hyuk). Lee Bang Won puts down a sword and rises to his feet before Lee Saek, who says, “I never told you to stand.” Lee Bang Won replies, “You never told me not to,” before casting a gaze to the throne.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1350512wpp/watch-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-yang-se-jong-struggle-for-their-lives-in-preview-for-new-historical-drama

• Like 8

On 9/5/2019 at 11:42 AM, Prettysup said:

First look of Lee Bang Won

I know Jang Hyuk never disappointed me. He's just awesome and cool. And he will be perfect as Lee Bang Won

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Is it just me or Yang Se Jong and WDH have been working out intensely? B)

For analysis purpose...slo mo gif :mrgreen:

SQE98LK.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

On 9/5/2019 at 5:42 PM, Prettysup said:

First look of Lee Bang Won

Is this Lee Dae Gil? :sweatingbullets:

On 9/5/2019 at 6:45 PM, meme gogo said:

Hope Jang Hyuk will get a decent screen time. Still didn't get the story lol who's fighting who and why? 

I can only tell that Hyukie is fighting(or conspiring..) for the throne rest of the guys are fighting for 'their country'. Teasers are gorgeous but don't make much sense. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images . Thanks
  • Like 6

I find it funny how every teaser has a shirtless scenes the director is taking full advantage of the cast :lol:. And Jang Hyuk is just amazing i love how he sounds like a snake which's my impression of the real LBW. I'm glad he's an antagonist here. It was painful to watch him being glorified and excused in SFX. And got tone of fangirls shielding him cause he was played by an attractive actor with a fictional spin of the history while attacking kind of heroic and Genius figure like JDJ. I think i might find Janghyuk's LBW charming just as a character in a show if he was portrayed as the brutal and greedy person he was. Just my opinion.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Yang Se Jong Face Their Fate In Teaser For New Historical Drama

2c9bb61fb1b64b8f9b294bd7fcf15e13.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “My Country” (literal title) has released an emotional new preview!

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. The drama stars Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

The teaser begins with Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong) saying to Nam Sun Ho, “You said you’ll reverse your fate. Do it. If it’s you, I know you can. I want to see how far we can go. That way, we can take hold of this rotten world.”

On the other hand, Han Hee Jae (played by AOA’s Seolhyun) is asked, “Exactly what kind of relationship is it?” and she replies, “It’s destiny. Is that enough for an answer?” When she is sternly told to break it off, Han Hee Jae tearfully asks, “Is that how you lived?”

Over an intense battle, a bloodstained Lee Bang Won (played by Jang Hyuk) taunts another man by saying, “The new world is not your domain. It’s my father’s.” In another scene, Nam Sun Ho tells Lee Saek (played by Lee Seung Chul), “The events that occur from now on will be buried by my hand. You needn’t concern yourself with it.” The clip ends with a mysterious voice saying, “Everything starts with you.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1351790wpp/watch-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-yang-se-jong-face-their-fate-in-teaser-for-new-historical-drama

• Like 6

Is it just me? I still don't get the storyline :lol: who's fighting against who, who loves who lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, r047 said:

Is it just me? I still don't get the storyline :lol: who's fighting against who, who loves who lol

Me too lol. It's confusing but I'm gonna tune in for JH Oppa Imao. Looks like he is playing a villian.

• Like 5

This is the synopsis from Asian Wiki

Set during the end of the Goryeo period to the early Joseon period. Two friends aim their swords against one another due to differences in opinion about "my country."
Seo Hwi ( Yang Se Jong) is a warrior. His father Seo Geom is a famous commander. Seo Hwi does not compromise when it comes to injustice. His life devolves into a hellish existence, but he still holds a smile.
Nam Sun Ho ( Woo Do Hwan)  is smart and a talented figure. Because his mother was born into the lowest class, Nam Sun Ho is looked down upon by other people. He wants to pass the military service examination. Due to a corruption scandal involving his father, Nam Sun Ho loses his dream. Making things worse, he comes into conflict with Seo Hwi over a misunderstanding.

From https://www.allkpop.com/video/2019/09/blockbuster-historical-drama-my-country-drops-fierce-teaser-starring-woo-do-hwan-yang-se-jong-seolhyun-more

'My Country' tells the story of opposing powers during a transitional period in Korean history, when the Goryeo era came to an end, bringing in the era of Joseon. As powerful sides engage in fiery battles for dominance, two young friends must choose different sides, fatally damaging their friendship. Woo Do Hwan plays the role of Nam Sun Ho, Yang Se Jong takes on the role of Seo Hwi, and Seolhyun takes on the character Han Hee Jae, also joined by veteran actors Kim Young Chul and Jang Hyuk as historical figures Lee Sung Gye (the first king of Joseon) and Lee Bang Won (the third king of Joseon).

Cast summary from: https://www.kpopmap.com/my-country-2019-drama-cast-summary/

Yang SeJong as Seo Hwi

A Warrior. Seo Hwi is the son of Jang SuGeum, who commanded the North under the rule of Yi SeongGye [E.g. also known as King TaeJo], and has a determination that does not compromise with injustice.

Woo Do Hwan as Nam SunHo

He is a long-time friend of Seo Hwi. He is both literate and skilled in martial arts.

As his mother is a slave but his father is a noble, he dreams of strong strength to overcome the pain of being a concubine’s son, who has never been on the family register.

AOA‘s Seol Hyun as Han HeeJae

She has a strong body. Han HeeJae is an intelligent and enterprising woman who is feeling the disillusionment of the evils of Goryeo. She has good insight in solving problems with extraordinary intelligence.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

I'm not sure what is the difference between Goryeo and Saeguk but this type of historical drama is the one I like. Sonmething  similar to Chuno and Tree With Deep Roots. 

cr as tag.

I've watch the dramas of the Writer and Director. I want to see good cinematography, execution and of course acting.

Director: Kim Jin-Won ( Rain or Shine, The Package , Wonderful Days , The Innocent Man)

Writer: Chae Seung-Dae ( The Master of Revenge )

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm not sure what is the difference between Goryeo and Saeguk but this type of historical drama is the one I like. Sonmething  similar to Chuno and Tree With Deep Roots. 

As much as i know Goryeo is a kingdom's name that's existed in what's called Korea currently. My Country takes place on the time of fallen Goryeo by the hands of the establishers of Joseon dynasty which JH's character and his father are part of. They raised from being warriors family to be kings by taking down Goryeo. While Sageuk is the genre of historical dramas and films.The dramas you mentioned were set in Joseon dynasty not Goryeo. Examples of popular dramas set in Goryeo are Moon lovers, King's love , Empress ki and Faith also My Country seems to follow Goryeo's style. I prefer Goryeo tbh the actors looks more fashionable and gorgeous lol. I'm not sure what type of dramas you prefer but you might want to check Six Flying Dragons which's an awesome drama from the same makers of TWDR where JH's character here is the titular character. My Country as well as all the dramas mentioned in this post are considered fusion Sageuk where they mix real historical events/Figures or simply the timeline with fictional ones. LBW/LSG and his wife/Lee Saek are the real historical figures in this drama the rest are fictional.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

Kinda sad netflix got this. for us outside of english speaking country have to wait until oct 14 for first episode.... make it hard for us to be up up to date and follow the conversation here as we gonna be two weeks behind the rest of you (if we do not find it on not legal ways)... :mellow:

• Like 3