[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

AOA’s Seolhyun Receives Praise For Her Growth In Acting Through “My Country”

aoa-seolhyun-1.jpg

AOA’s Seolhyun has made an impressive transformation as an actress through her role in “My Country.”

The JTBC drama stars Yang Se Jong as Seo Hwi, Woo Do Hwan as Nam Seon Ho, and AOA’s Seolhyun as Han Hee Jae in a story about the conflict between the desire for power and the desire for protection. It is set between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty.

In the drama, Seolhyun perfectly expressed a tough yet self-reliant female character that was hard to see in historical dramas. She portrayed Han Hee Jae’s charm of pioneering life with her own choices and abilities in an era when women couldn’t easily make their voices heard. The viewers enthusiastically supported Han Hee Jae for making her own decisions to overcome the crisis in her life.

Seolhyun’s efforts played an important role in creating the details while acting as Han Hee Jae. Whenever the current of the plot changed, she expressed her character’s standing and emotions with her stable acting ability and deep eyes. She also completed the story by not missing the details when Han Hee Jae rose in status, such as transformations in her appearance and the tone of her voice.

Seolhyun has drawn attention ever since she was cast in “My Country.” It was her first time returning to the small screen after four years, and she has also shown growth through stable acting by playing various characters in movies. However, there were some concerns about her role this time because it was a medium of different characteristics.

Not only did Seolhyun dispel the concerns with her improved acting skills, but she also captivated viewers by fully expressing the character’s charms. She expressed the three-dimensional image of Han Hee Jae by not losing her character amid the turbulent development and adjusting to the changing situations. She perfectly depicted the delicate emotional lines of Han Hee Jae who becomes stronger in order to protect herself and her loved ones from the pain, affection, and longing from losing someone. In addition, she strongly expressed the power Han Hee Jae has because of her ability to wield information, which added tension to the drama.

“My Country” came to an end on November 23.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1367674wpp/aoas-seolhyun-receives-praise-for-her-growth-in-acting-through-my-country

• Like 3

Well, I just finished watching the finale subbed and man My Country ended on a devastatingly sad note. I'm honestly still gutted on the second watch. Despite its flaws, I'm seriously going to miss this one and it's definitely one of my favourite historical dramas. And quite easily my favourite historical drama of 2019.

Overall, it was just so tightly produced: cinematography, acting, soundtrack, battle choreography--everything just oozed with style. I think it's definitely a great entry point for people who don't enjoy sageuk, and a probably bit less so for the more serious sageuk fans because when you dig a little deeper there's issues.

The series was originally planned to run for 20 episodes, but 16 Episodes with an average episode run time of 70 minutes was what we got. This is no where near enough to cover the historical timeline of the end of Goryeo to start of the Joseon era and it really showed. At times I felt like from the character dialogue that things just happen off-screen and I feel like I'm just missing a whole great deal of context. As a proper historical drama about Joseon era, this is not the drama you want to be watching.

Another one of my biggest gripes I've said and said again is that getting slashed, stabbed, or even impaled really does not mean much in the show for our main cast. It's just so disappointing that some form of decision was made in writing, direction, editing for really little to no gain at all. For starters, Seon Ho's immortal body guard--no more words to be said about this one. A more recent example would be Seon Ho stabbing Hwi at the end of Episode 14. The shot clearly shows Seon Ho's sword go right through his abdominal, but Hwi just shrugs it off, goes into battle straight away and says it's not that deep of a wound to Mun Bok in Episode 15. There's just straight up inconsistencies with fatal wounds being delivered for 'dramatic' effect, but then the next shot the wound disappears. It's incredibly jarring to watch and really waters down the fights, the great battle choreography and the series a a whole.

Flaws aside, I think My Country at its core is character driven drama in a historical setting more anything. Hwi and Seon Ho, Hwi and Hee Jae, Bang Won and Yi Seong Gye, Nam Seon Ho and Nam Jeon.  I was enthralled by the great production values, but stayed for the characters and the character dynamics. There's really not many dramas where I happen to like all the characters and I feel like My Country is one of them. I think the casting, acting, the chemistry between the cast was really spot on for the series overall and covered a lot of weaknesses of the show.

This said, as much as I loved the characters they still did suffer from the irratic pacing of the series. There were often times where things would happen that really came out of nowhere.  Seon Ho confessing to Hee Jae jumps to my mind, but there was definitely more than that. Either way the biggest loss, really, was that there was just so many interesting character developments that we didn't see. An extended arc of Hwi at Liaodong? Seon Ho's journey building influence with the Jurchens post Nam Jeons death? An extended journey of Hee Jae departing Iwharu to become the Queen's attendant? More Hee Jae Ihwharu politicking? I dream of a world where this series was 30 or 40 episodes long.

Hwi, overall, from the start to beginning stayed honest, loyal, compassionate and warm at heart. A true bro. I feel like Yang Se Jong is just so well casted for Hwi as a character. He just looks like a warm, nice guy haha. Only complaints was that I would've to see more development and interactions with Hee Jae early on as the romance did jump the gun a bit and at times I felt like his leadership prowess, plotting skills came out of nowhere post Liao Dong time-skips.

Seon Ho's character started so strong, but I feel like the writer really didn't know what to do with him half way through the show. As we find out in the finale he intended for him to go full circle with Hwi but after Nam Jeon died his character's motivations and drive just didn't quite make sense to me. I feel like if it wasn't for Woo Do-whan's stellar performance and his on-screen chemistry with Yang Se Jong I would have enjoyed his character much less.

Hee Jae. The least popular of our three main leads from what I see. She was the queen's attendant, led Ihawru, negotiated with princes and kings. She was a boss. It's a shame there wasn't more scenes with her. I lowkey have a soft spot for Hee Jae, and I really would've loved to see an extended journey of her departure from Ihawaru and just more general Ihawaru shenanigans. She's smart, brave, kind and generous, possibly the most loyal girl you can get by the way she supported and protected Hwi over 10 years and it's really endearing. Her love story with Hwi is just so crushingly tragic and the finale hammered that in with the all the Hwi and Hee Jae scenes.

I mean. That. Final. Scene.

With Hwi gazing at his couples bracelet, with Seon Ho dead in his arms mumuring "You're going to cry again. And I wish you made you smile more when I could." And then the gates open and cue in Hee Jae at the gate seeing Hwi with a squadron of archers behind him primed to kill the love of her life. A terribly tragic throwback to the end of Episode 1 as Hee Jae watches Hwi and Seon Ho beat up the guards to sign up for the military exam.

Ugh.

I feel like I could write about this drama forever. When I find some time I'll think I'll have to do a re-watch, but for now:

Hwi, Hee Jae, Seon Ho.

You'll be missed.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

I was reluctant about watching the last 2 episodes with subs. I've been pushing myself away knowing the pain that awaits me and in the same time, I didn't want to say my final goodbye. 

"You'll always be my dream until my last breath"

I kept saying, what if, what if, and many what ifs. Would it do any harm if everyone had a happy ending? No, writer-nim. 

Anyhow, that ending scene, though so sad, depressing, aching, it will be the most remembered ending scene of any other drama I've ever watched. It left a deep impression on me and it was simply: EPIC!!! 

One of the things that console me when watching My Country is despite the sadness, I get to enjoy the acting that I could watch a sad scene again and again just to impress myself more!

I won't stop if I start talking about this drama, so I'll stop here. 

Thank you all for being part of this journey. I enjoyed it despite the ache and tension, I enjoyed our discussion the most. Let's hope our joy continues when our cast are awarded with lots of prizes!

Now I need to go watch some cheerful drama to change the mood lol. 

• Like 2

Post-drama interview with Jang Hyuk :

‘My Country’ Jang Hyuk Interview :I wanted to portray a human Lee Bang-won instead of an ambitious one

As he enters his 23rd year of acting, Jang Hyuk has also shown off the special weight that he carries, capturing the agony of a humane Lee Bang-won in JTBC's "My Country," which ended on Sunday.

Jang's relaxed smile at the interview did not make one feel that he is tired after finishing the work that had been shooting for about eight months. "I can't cut my hair because it's going to be used in the next drama," he said with a big smile.

"I wanted to show you an emotional humane Lee Bang-won, not an ambitious blood lord. In fact, during the ‘Age of innocence’, I was always thinking about playing Lee Bang-won again one day. In ‘The Age of Innocence’ , Lee Bang-won feels like the background in the first strife of the princes. ‘My Country’ Lee Bang-won is a weighty villain, and he's at the center of the story, so there's a little bit of freedom and coolness."

"My Country" is basically the story of fictional characters Seo Hwi (Yang Se-jong), Nam Seon-ho (Woo Do-hwan), and Han Hee-jae (Kim Seol-hyeon) who help Lee Bang-won revolt in the drama. However, the three-dimensional confrontations between Lee Bang-won (Jang Hyuk), Nam-jeon (Ahn Nae-sang) and Lee Seong-gye (Kim Young-chul) who contributed to the founding of the country showed off their existence as much as traditional historical dramas. Among the past works dealing with Lee Bang-won, Jang was particularly attracted to ‘The Deep Rooted Tree’ which he also starred in.

"I wanted to show everyone the Lee Bang-won who stood against his father. There was a scene in ‘The Deep Rooted Tree’ which Baek Yoon-sik senior told Ido (Song Joong-ki) to live. I was very impressed with that fascinating look."

Actor Kim Young-chul, who plays Lee Seong-gye, had also portrayed Taejong two times previously through "The Great King Sejong" and "Jang Young-sil." Kim Young-chul, however, rarely talked about his works because he feared it would have an unnecessary impact on Jang's performance. On the synergy of their acting, Jang said, "We acted as father and son during ‘Iris 2’, and even if we don't talk about it, we can immerse ourselves in real-life feelings. You just have to get the emotional intensity that your senior members are driving at and pour it out as it is," he explained. These are words coming from an actor representing the acting class in the entertainment industry.

"Although it's a work of fictional characters, stories beyond historical characters may not be convincing. Most people know how the Strife of the Princes went and what roles and actions Jeong Do-jeon, Lee Bang-gan, and Bakpo played. If you go too far-fetched, it’s going to be hard to accept. So instead of creating a new story, I wanted to reinterpret the feelings behind it, while keeping true to historical records. Did Lee Bang-won really think that he was going to be a king? Maybe he didn't, but he was just swept away by the surging emotions and became the king. We only know the records but we didn't see it and feel it personally, so I focused on capturing the inner thoughts of Lee Bang-won."

As a result, "My Country" Lee Bang-won became Jang hyuk's new life character. Lee Bang-won's relentless confrontation with his father, Lee Seong-gye, excited viewers. "I'm grateful that you have enjoyed this drama because it's so emotional," Jang said with a smile.

Jang Hyuk also talked about being a senior among the cast. He said, “Although there were seniors on the set, but most of the other cast and crew were younger than me. There was only Tae-ryeong (Kim Jae-young), who is three years younger than me at the set and we talked a lot," he said, confessing to his unexpected loneliness. 

He reiterated that he learned a lot from young actors like Woo Do-hwan, Yang Se-jong and Seol Hyun. "One of the most regrettable works of my life is ‘Daemong’. They're only a year or two older than me when I did ‘Daemong’, but are very well prepared. I was surprised that they can act so well at this age."

Jang Hyuk's choice of a master scene in ‘My Country’ is a question-and-answer session with Lee Sung-gye at the end of the drama. Jang recalled, "I fell in love with Kim Young-chul's feelings. Would I answer as king or as father? The sixth, seventh and eighth are already dead, and the fifth, you will be king. He's hitting the line. I've stopped feeling so much. Do you have any fingers that don't hurt? It's because I'm a royal family member. There was no line in the original script that said Lee Bang-won resembles Nam Seon-ho, but I added it on the spot because I felt that he resembled Nam Seon-ho."

Jang Hyuk's personal favourite acting scene is when he threw his crown on the throne after becoming the king. Unlike Lee Seong-gye or Nam Jeon, the throne was just a mean for Lee Bang-won to create his version of ‘my country’.

"I wanted to depict the feeling of cutting the opponent's head off and throwing it down. It's my seat, I have went through a long way to reach there, but I don't know what to do when I get there. I raised my sword not to make the abandoned, but the reality is that I abandoned everyone from Seo Geom (Yoo Oh-sung) to Seo Hwi and Nam Seon-ho. Lee Bang-won is just like the characters at the end of the movie ‘The Graduate’, where they ran away from the wedding, sat on a bus, like two pathetic, helpless, empty people."

Jang Hyuk also confessed about the scar on Lee Bang-won’s face, which further sharpened his image in the drama. “It was a coincidence, I got hurt while working out. But then I found that it suited my character well. Doesn't it feel like the character from Lion King - ‘Scar’?"

The most beloved historical character Jang Hyuk has ever played is Lee Dae-gil of ‘Chuno’. At one time, viewers commented that they see Lee Dae-gil in every character that he played. However, through ‘My Country’, Jang hyuk has completely shed the shadow of Lee Dae-gil, which had been hanging for more than a decade. Jang Hyuk said, "I forgot about Dae-gil a long time ago as I needed to move on to my next projects. It has already been 11 years and I'm grateful that there are so many fans who remembered Dae-gil for such a long time."

2019112610231493461_1.jpg

1574900462675424.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201911290100228150015168&servicedate=20191128

• Like 2

I cried for two hours the night of the finale. Honestly, I always knew there would be a sad ending but I kept deceiving myself otherwise. 

Since I couldn't find a streaming link, I kept refreshing the news page and naver portal for any update. And the picture of Hwi dying with arrows on his back hit me hard. For two hours, my tears kept falling until I forced myself to go to sleep. 

Whenever I think back about the Hwi's final scene, my eyes are still teary. Exactly like what Seolhyun said, it's an amazing, sad and heart-breaking drama. So many things I want to say about "My country" but I have yet been able to gather my thoughts to write a proper post. The least I can say is I never regret spending time waiting for each raw episode on Friday and Saturday for the last two months. And I also never regret watching the journey of Hwi and Hee Jae. Whatever people say, I am glad that I am on the ride of this OTP.

If it's not hard enough, if it don't hurt enough
If it's not hard to find, if it don't change your life
Then it's not love

(Take That - It's not love)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Post-drama interview with Jang Hyuk :

‘My Country’ Jang Hyuk Interview :I wanted to portray a human Lee Bang-won instead of an ambitious one

As he enters his 23rd year of acting, Jang Hyuk has also shown off the special weight that he carries, capturing the agony of a humane Lee Bang-won in JTBC's "My Country," which ended on Sunday.

Jang's relaxed smile at the interview did not make one feel that he is tired after finishing the work that had been shooting for about eight months. "I can't cut my hair because it's going to be used in the next drama," he said with a big smile.

"I wanted to show you an emotional humane Lee Bang-won, not an ambitious blood lord. In fact, during the ‘Age of innocence’, I was always thinking about playing Lee Bang-won again one day. In ‘The Age of Innocence’ , Lee Bang-won feels like the background in the first strife of the princes. ‘My Country’ Lee Bang-won is a weighty villain, and he's at the center of the story, so there's a little bit of freedom and coolness."

"My Country" is basically the story of fictional characters Seo Hwi (Yang Se-jong), Nam Seon-ho (Woo Do-hwan), and Han Hee-jae (Kim Seol-hyeon) who help Lee Bang-won revolt in the drama. However, the three-dimensional confrontations between Lee Bang-won (Jang Hyuk), Nam-jeon (Ahn Nae-sang) and Lee Seong-gye (Kim Young-chul) who contributed to the founding of the country showed off their existence as much as traditional historical dramas. Among the past works dealing with Lee Bang-won, Jang was particularly attracted to ‘The Deep Rooted Tree’ which he also starred in.

"I wanted to show everyone the Lee Bang-won who stood against his father. There was a scene in ‘The Deep Rooted Tree’ which Baek Yoon-sik senior told Ido (Song Joong-ki) to live. I was very impressed with that fascinating look."

Actor Kim Young-chul, who plays Lee Seong-gye, had also portrayed Taejong two times previously through "The Great King Sejong" and "Jang Young-sil." Kim Young-chul, however, rarely talked about his works because he feared it would have an unnecessary impact on Jang's performance. On the synergy of their acting, Jang said, "We acted as father and son during ‘Iris 2’, and even if we don't talk about it, we can immerse ourselves in real-life feelings. You just have to get the emotional intensity that your senior members are driving at and pour it out as it is," he explained. These are words coming from an actor representing the acting class in the entertainment industry.

"Although it's a work of fictional characters, stories beyond historical characters may not be convincing. Most people know how the Strife of the Princes went and what roles and actions Jeong Do-jeon, Lee Bang-gan, and Bakpo played. If you go too far-fetched, it’s going to be hard to accept. So instead of creating a new story, I wanted to reinterpret the feelings behind it, while keeping true to historical records. Did Lee Bang-won really think that he was going to be a king? Maybe he didn't, but he was just swept away by the surging emotions and became the king. We only know the records but we didn't see it and feel it personally, so I focused on capturing the inner thoughts of Lee Bang-won."

As a result, "My Country" Lee Bang-won became Jang hyuk's new life character. Lee Bang-won's relentless confrontation with his father, Lee Seong-gye, excited viewers. "I'm grateful that you have enjoyed this drama because it's so emotional," Jang said with a smile.

Jang Hyuk also talked about being a senior among the cast. He said, “Although there were seniors on the set, but most of the other cast and crew were younger than me. There was only Tae-ryeong (Kim Jae-young), who is three years younger than me at the set and we talked a lot," he said, confessing to his unexpected loneliness. 

He reiterated that he learned a lot from young actors like Woo Do-hwan, Yang Se-jong and Seol Hyun. "One of the most regrettable works of my life is ‘Daemong’. They're only a year or two older than me when I did ‘Daemong’, but are very well prepared. I was surprised that they can act so well at this age."

Jang Hyuk's choice of a master scene in ‘My Country’ is a question-and-answer session with Lee Sung-gye at the end of the drama. Jang recalled, "I fell in love with Kim Young-chul's feelings. Would I answer as king or as father? The sixth, seventh and eighth are already dead, and the fifth, you will be king. He's hitting the line. I've stopped feeling so much. Do you have any fingers that don't hurt? It's because I'm a royal family member. There was no line in the original script that said Lee Bang-won resembles Nam Seon-ho, but I added it on the spot because I felt that he resembled Nam Seon-ho."

Jang Hyuk's personal favourite acting scene is when he threw his crown on the throne after becoming the king. Unlike Lee Seong-gye or Nam Jeon, the throne was just a mean for Lee Bang-won to create his version of ‘my country’.

"I wanted to depict the feeling of cutting the opponent's head off and throwing it down. It's my seat, I have went through a long way to reach there, but I don't know what to do when I get there. I raised my sword not to make the abandoned, but the reality is that I abandoned everyone from Seo Geom (Yoo Oh-sung) to Seo Hwi and Nam Seon-ho. Lee Bang-won is just like the characters at the end of the movie ‘The Graduate’, where they ran away from the wedding, sat on a bus, like two pathetic, helpless, empty people."

Jang Hyuk also confessed about the scar on Lee Bang-won’s face, which further sharpened his image in the drama. “It was a coincidence, I got hurt while working out. But then I found that it suited my character well. Doesn't it feel like the character from Lion King - ‘Scar’?"

The most beloved historical character Jang Hyuk has ever played is Lee Dae-gil of ‘Chuno’. At one time, viewers commented that they see Lee Dae-gil in every character that he played. However, through ‘My Country’, Jang hyuk has completely shed the shadow of Lee Dae-gil, which had been hanging for more than a decade. Jang Hyuk said, "I forgot about Dae-gil a long time ago as I needed to move on to my next projects. It has already been 11 years and I'm grateful that there are so many fans who remembered Dae-gil for such a long time."

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201911290100228150015168&servicedate=20191128

He is on another level. I am glad that Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan get to act alongside Jang Hyuk. I can see how much these two grow as an actor especially when there is Bang Won in the scene. 

Jang Hyuk did not just accept this drama to be Bang Won but he wanted to show the different Bang Won. The one history did not tell. He really understands the character well and he succeeded in showing the humane BW as till the end I cannot hate Bang Won though he is the one who caused Seo Geom killed. There is always sadness in his eyes. 

My Country is the best saeguk drama ever made. 

• Like 4

I just finished watching this drama in one breath and Good lord the tension!!! I was initially turned off by the first episode but stayed on to watch Jang Hyuk and OMG he was amazing. I'm a big fan of Six Flying Dragons and Lee Bang Won is such a fascinating character I couldn't wait to see Jang Hyuk's interpretation and he hooked me fro 16+ hours straight. He is such a stupendously amazing actor, able to communicate so much feeling with so little. I think every other Lee Bang Won will be measured against him going forward.

My favourite drama this year without a doubt.

More later, need to recover.

• Like 4

So they both died, but what is the implication country wise? Was hoping for a good ending for Hwi.  Wished he did not go back to Bangwon.

I also felt the part about revraling the truth of Gen Seo was rushed. chi do knew of it since he recongnized the framer fromt hr Black Snake unit.  But why did Seong Gye suddenly bring up the topic of Gen Seo?  That part did not add up. Was it just a coincidence?

Will Bangwon defeat Eeong Gye, or will Seong Gye end up killing him?

[Interview] "My Country: The New Age" Jang Hyuk Talks About Portraying Lee Bang-won Twice

Jang Hyuk talked about having played a new Lee Bang-won in "My Country: The New Age".

He recently told SpoTV News, "Playing Lee Bang-won for the second time definitely filled in some blanks".

He starred in the jTBC drama "My Country: The New Age" as Lee Bang-won with the head of a fox and the heart of a tiger. He is a character who works hard for the development of his country and gets blood on his hands, but doesn't get recognition and continues fighting alone. This is the second time Jang Hyuk played Lee Bang-won since the film "Empire of Lust" and it is said he has opened a new aspect of the character of Lee Bang-won.

"I felt like I didn't do enough the first time I played Lee Bang-won", Jang Hyuk said. He didn't have a choice but be an antagonist in the film. He was determined to play that character once again and that's when he got the offer for "My Country: The New Age". "The director asked me to act out a part where Lee Bang-won achieves everything and sits pitifully on the throne".

Jang Hyuk added, ""My Country: The New Age" was fun to make because it had a sense of time. I had a great 8 months making it. I feel like I finally filled in the blanks. I pretended Lee Bang-won from "Empire of Lust" came to "My Country: The New Age". The Lee Bang-won we know has the image of an 'empire of blood'. However, perhaps he wasn't always like that and it's just what he had to become? I wondered what it would be like if he talked things out with his father".

Jang Hyuk says he tried to create a Lee Bang-won "free from history". "I didn't play the character himself, but I thought of myself as a character in that situation. The director and I focused on how he comes into conflict and deals with the relationship of other characters in each situation, regardless of the chronicles recorded by the winner".

photo1129589.jpg

https://www.hancinema.net/interview-my-country-the-new-age-jang-hyuk-talks-about-portraying-lee-bang-won-twice-136363.html

• Like 2

am a new fans of Jang Hyuk after binge watching 'Innocent Thing', FTLY, Beautiful Mind and Money Flower.. 

im on ep 14 now. have been marathon this drama for days and gonna finish this drama today.. 

Jang Hyuk is such incredible Actor. and then he choose to breath life to great, conplex and enigmatic historical character like Yi Bang-Won. im hooked. 

the character itself remind me of GwangJong of goryeo / Wang so on Moon Scarlet Ryeo.. a lonely and troubled soul as human, a great warrior and scholar. a nationalist in recently established Kingdom with great vision but a long and hard way to go to reach the throne.. a figurehead who history remember in Cruel Bloodbath and Tyrant. 

JH as Yi Bang-Won breath a life to the chatacter and make us see unexplained side of the Ambitious figure of Taejong, as an emotional human being.. a side of maybe there is  reason of all the bloodbath.. the decision he made as a human not just bloodthirsty prince who greedy for power. he really make us rethinking history, Humanizing the figure and reason behind all the bloodbath that happen. 

maybe i just couldn't hate jang hyuk. 

but from the start i pity and adore Bang-won. adore cause he is janghyuk character.. and pity cause i see him as a lonely, troubled and tortured soul who just trying to survive, must do thing that for all his life will always burden him, bloodied himself,, he just have a dream, a vision for the better future for people, his country,, a hard man, who deeply troubled and pained due to bad relationship with his father, the king. 

some of his action maybe unforgivable.. but i just couldn't help pitying him. 

"it's really lonely to be on top" 

in the end he get the throne.. but sometime the cost and the way to reach it just really high. 

it make me wish for alternative future for him.. for hwi, seonho and the other real or fictional character..

• Like 6

@Byof - where did you find the pictures of Seolhyun wearing the red beaded bracelet that Whi gave Heejae?  Does she wear it often?  I think this drama touched many of the actors hearts and they found it hard to leave behind once filming ended.  I know Seolhyun wrote on her instagram how she was Heejae for 9 months and now misses her.  She also showed a film clip of her crying after the last filming.  From some of the other actors comments it also sounds like filming My Country was a touching and joyful experience for them all.  Hope to see them together again in other projects!  

• Like 1