Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

Sunho simply looks powerful on screen and so handsome 

in that fur outfit.

If Sunho will die it would be nice for it to be an honourable death, and that

is a good death. 

• Like 1

This is what I believe. Nam Sun Ho has a massive INFERIORITY COMPLEX because of his social status or lack of it.

He hates Bang Won because BW grabbed his sense of false pride, threw it on the ground, stepped on it and ground it to dust. Taking more from his fragile ego, Bang Won told him he is not even worth killing because he is not a son of Nam Jeon.

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

This is what I believe. Nam Sun Ho has a massive INFERIORITY COMPLEX because of his social status or lack of it.

He hates Bang Won because BW grabbed his sense of false pride, threw it on the ground, stepped on it and ground it to dust. Taking more from his fragile ego, Bang Won told him he is not even worth killing because he is not a son of Nam Jeon.

Somehow but not really. He hates Bangwon even from the beginning as BW discriminates illegitimate children. Seon Ho doesn't want BW to become king as those people like him will surely suffer..

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

It is so sad to see Bang Won and Seon Ho would never get to be in a team because of this social status. For Bang Won he hates Illegetimate offsprings because his fatherr (the King) favours a concubine and his illegetimate sons more than his mother (the lawfully wedded wife) and his siblings (the legitimate sons). The favoritism makes that drives him to have an eternal monarch country. 

The king is the opposite to Nam Jeon. As for Nam Jeon he favors his legitimate son only but too bad the boy died young and he has to take Seon Ho in as that is the only offspring left for him. But we see he never treated Seon Ho like a son. This also the factors that drives Seon Ho to have a country where social birth status can be demolished. 

I felt the pain for both. They are different but yet they are very similar. Both of them strifes hard to be where he is today and hoping for the acknowledgement of their fathers. Seon Ho got it just before his father died. Bang Won has yet to received it (probably he wont as the king hated him so much now). It is not easy to be him where he always get to witness his father crowned the other sons to be CP right in front of his eyes. The more the king favoritized, the more it drives Bang Won to kill his own siblings (the king did not realized this or can I say he did not want to accept this). 

The relationship gets more complicated as Hwi is standing in between them. Both of them attaached to Hwi and somehow affectionate to him. Hwi has to choose who he wants to fight with even when he did not want to. Just happens Bang Won treated him better and through Bang Won he can get his revenge. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Why do I have the feeling up Hee Jae gives up or at least put aside the hope of her future with Hwi in favor of Ihwaru's sake?

Back then, it was Hwi who avoided Hee Jae for the sake of saving his sister and then for revenge. For Hee Jae, Ihwaru is her home - her family. Love is not enough for these two to let go of the sense of responsibility they place on themselve.

Just when Hwi is finally at peace and ready for a new life, Hee Jae loses her family. I don't doubt that if things happen differently - meaning no consequence of blocking the King's path -  Hwi will ask Hee Jae's hand in marriage once he settles down. 

Hee Jae loves Hwi and has done everything she can for him but she has her family to take care of. When she puts her family members in danger in favor of Hwi and her revenge, she is ready to face the consequence, even if it means she can no longer be on Hwi's side. She didn't tell Hwi about her block move and I doubt Bangwon had time to tell him that - probably she doesn't want him to life a life or hiding or fighting for survival because of her anymore. 

The plus side of her being slashed is that Hwi realizes how he does not want to lose her and that is she is his family now - the one he must protect. But the downside is the survival guilt and pain Hee Jae has to endure. It's true that she destroys all contract and orders everyone to leave but they decided to come back on her own; still she puts them in danger from the start. The moment she asked Hwi to move over so that she could stand up and go back to Ihwaru even though it means death shows me that she values Ihwaru more than her happiness at that point. She couldn't stop Hwi when he went to Nam Jeon's house after Yeon died but Hwi could stop her from going back - she was too weak to do otherwise. We see how Hwi was when Yeon died. But because the extent of pain and guilt Hee Jae feels is not shown onscreen doesn't mean it is less than Hwi's.  The place she is sitting now in Ihwaru is where the massacre occured and I am sure she reminds herself everyday about this. Still, she has the support, strength and will to rebuild Ihwaru again - it takes a really strong-minded woman to do so.

So yes, I understand why she keeps things from Hwi - not letting him know her plan of revenge. That's her personal burden and debt.  Should she tell Hwi, he will do whatever he can to keep her safe but that may spoil her plan. The look in Hwi's eyes when Hee Jae says she will sit still and watch means a lot: that he knows she will not do like she says. After all these years and witnessing her tragedy firsthand, Hwi knows better. Hee Jae stakes her happiness in this game so I will not be surprised if she holds back from being with Hwi (as in consummating her relationship with him) for the last two years.  For me, it's not about how their relationship seems empty or not sincere enough, it's just how Hwi and Hee Jae are. Love is not everything and will never be the sole reason for these two to exist. Just like how Hwi can never live in peace with Hee Jae when Yeon's death is not avenged yet, Hee Jae will never be able to live in peace with him also until Ihwaru can rise again and avenge for her family. 

• Like 2

Hwi, the enemy who killed your father is there besides you all along...:tears:

He is the start of all tragedies in your life but don't let him be your end. Go away as far as you can like he says, stop working for others for whatever reasons and live your life with the remaining people who truly care about you. You still have Hee Jae, Seon Ho and other brothers. Seon Ho stops losing his way, so should you.

• Like 1

I didn't expect that we'll get to see the bromance again (twist #1) and the reality behind Bangwon??? (twist #2). Here's my guess for the finale: we'll get a happy ending, Hwi kills Bangwon. 

1 hour ago, r047 said:

I didn't expect that we'll get to see the bromance again (twist #1) and the reality behind Bangwon??? (twist #2). Here's my guess for the finale: we'll get a happy ending, Hwi kills Bangwon. 

Bangwon is King Taejong and the father of King Sejong, the father of Hangul.

Bangwon isn't dying.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, writteninthestars09 said:

Netflix posted Nov 26 and 27.

The suspense is gonna kill me :D

Thanks, I shall go watch Chinese subs then.

Meanwhile some wrap up group pics :

• Like 1

‘My Country’ ep 15 Knetz comments (SPOILER ALERT)

Comments chosen below based on top likes of each news article, click on links below to read original content.

1.    Hwi, Seon-ho, I love you more than Hee-jae. Please live comfortably. (+215 -20)
2.    The cruelty of the lonely Lee Bang-won. Jang Hyuk’s eyes and words are just Lee Bang-won himself (+163 -4)
3.    It’s sad Lee Bang-won has to play the villain because of Lee Seong-gye. Jang Hyuk’s acting is so convincing. (+150 -5)
4.    Nam Seon-ho (Woo Do-hwan) is more diehard than John McLean (Bruce Willis), and I think that line “It’s hard to die” is an ad-lib of the actor laughing at himself. (+105 -7)
5.    I'm so sorry that tomorrow is the last episode (+71 -6)
6.    Thank you for doing this for Jang Hyuk! (+39 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003500595

1.    The loneliness of Lee Bang-won who has to survive in the game of the fittest, is convinced by Jang Hyuk's performance. (+193 -6)
2.    Jang Hyuk Lee Bang-won .. Thank you for doing this ᅲᅲᅲᅲ(+119 -4)
3.    Hwi, it’s so sad you have to take care of others and not yourself, you are too nice (+82 -4)
4.    Actor Yang Se-jong is so cool. I'm always moved by the acting. (+89 -14)
5.    Actor Se-jong fighting! (+56 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000207444

1.    I've been preparing a long time towards the finishing line. I wonder why Bang-won and Seo Hwi’s relationship turned out this way, but I believe the misunderstanding will clear up in the last episode. (+51 -1)
2.    The director, the sound and the actors were perfect, but it’s a drama ruined by the writer, I shall not believe any more dramas by this writer. (+38 -5)
3.    Yang Se-jong is so cool. He has such a good relationship with Bang-won, but it's not going to go wrong, is it? (+30 -8)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0003238797

1.    Applause for Jang Hyuk's acting power, which showed a Lee Bang-won like a reincarnation.. I'm sorry for the writer, but I hope you'll finish well. (+46 -1)
2.    Strictly speaking, it was Lee Seong gye.. Bang-won was covered in blood for him (+43 -1)
3.    Hwi has a good relationship with Bang-won, but where is the twist today? I watch Jang Hyuk and Kim Young-chul with admiration in each episode. (+34 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=382&aid=0000778776

1.    I started to watch this drama because of Yang Se-jong and Woo Do-hwan, but I got mesmerized by Jang Hyuk, Jang Hyuk really chewed it up.(+198 -6)
2.    Jang Hyuk ssi, you are so cool lying back or riding on the horse. Whether it's an action scene or an acting with eyes, you’re so handsome everytime.♡ (+104 -0)
3.    By Jang Hyuk, for Jang Hyuk, is Jang Hyuk! Jang Hyuk is chewing everything. (+72 -3)
4.    It's a 16-part historical drama, so it's over today. Jang Hyuk, please do another saguek. Thank you everyone for all your hard work. We're going to do our last broadcast today. Hwi and Seon-ho, I think one of them is going to die (+60 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003500615

1.    Please finish well, Seo Hwi Yi Bang Won. Return them back to the original situations. Seo Hwi is one who did not even kill Nam Jeon. Lee Bang-won has also been framed. Don't separate the two who'll be friends in life. (+98 -1)
2.    It's too bad. It's the only drama I've ever watched, but it's over (+44 -0)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=408&aid=0000081896

201911230755328247570_20191123075621_01_

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

"There was always you in my dreams. Even in times that felt like nightmare, because you were there, there are good dreams. Thanks to you, I could be able to hold you. Now my dream is you until the last moment"

Hee Jae has been waiting for over 12 years to hear that....

And yet..... Hwi, what's the use in telling her you will not leave her side?  

Damn I am crying.  Even though I always knew deep down in my heart that Hee Jae is the true survival among the three.

This time, I will not blame Hwi that he makes an empty promise. Because it is true that he thinks about Hee Jae until his last moment while holding a fallen Seon Ho, wearing the couple bracket which he gave half of the pair to her. He is very sincere in his feelings towards Hee Jae, I can feel that very strongly from episode 14 onwards. In the end, Hwi has lived his life trying to protect everyone he cares about and experiences both true love and true bromance.  

I don't remember the last time I cried because of a drama. Probably last year?

Human nature is strange. There are things we know we shouldn't do and yet we still do it. I knew deep down in my heart that there would be a heartbreaking ending but still continued watching with the hope that things would turn out differently. That false hope has kept me going for 2 months.

All left are tears and an empty feeling of having nothing to fill the void. And yet, I am also thankful for the amazing journey because the ending was sad but always hinted from the start.

• Like 5

Ughhh.. This is the most difficult drama ending I've ever watched, it made me so nervous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, melp said:

"There was always you in my dreams. Even in times that felt like nightmare, because you were there, there are good dreams. Thanks to you, I could be able to hold you. Now my dream is you until the last moment"

Hee Jae has been waiting for over 12 years to hear that....

And yet..... Hwi, what's the use in telling her you will not leave her side?  

Damn I am crying.  Even though I always knew deep down in my heart that Hee Jae is the true survival among the three.

This time, I will not blame Hwi that he makes an empty promise. Because it is true that he thinks about Hee Jae until his last moment while holding a fallen Seon Ho, wearing the couple bracket which he gave half of the pair to her. He is very sincere in his feelings towards Hee Jae, I can feel that very strongly from episode 14 onwards. In the end, Hwi has lived his life trying to protect everyone he cares about and experiences both true love and true bromance.  

I don't remember the last time I cried because of a drama. Probably last year?

Human nature is strange. There are things we know we shouldn't do and yet we still do it. I knew deep down in my heart that there would be a heartbreaking ending but still continued watching with the hope that things would turn out differently. That false hope has kept me going for 2 months.

All left are tears and an empty feeling of having nothing to fill the void. And yet, I am also thankful for the amazing journey because the ending was sad but always hinted from the start.

I had my hopes high until the very beginning of this episode. Once it started, hints were here and there, Hwi and Heejae's scenes made me 100% sure of where it was heading to, and it would have felt irrational to kill one of them, it made perfect sense that both were heading to the same fate, together. 

• Like 4