Quantcast

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First look of Lee Bang Won  

For those who are not aware, there was actually a time jump of 4 years from ep 4-5. 1388 - YSG did the Wihwado retreat 1392 - YSG becomes the king   The little boy should have grow

DAMN,this is immoral,to expect us to wait till Friday after that freaking cliffhanger!!!!   I'm quite sure that Hwi double plotted with Bang Won to cross Nam Jeon and go all out with the ass

Hwi, the enemy who killed your father is there besides you all along...:tears:

He is the start of all tragedies in your life but don't let him be your end. Go away as far as you can like he says, stop working for others for whatever reasons and live your life with the remaining people who truly care about you. You still have Hee Jae, Seon Ho and other brothers. Seon Ho stops losing his way, so should you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, r047 said:

I didn't expect that we'll get to see the bromance again (twist #1) and the reality behind Bangwon??? (twist #2). Here's my guess for the finale: we'll get a happy ending, Hwi kills Bangwon. 

Bangwon is King Taejong and the father of King Sejong, the father of Hangul.

Bangwon isn't dying.

• Like 5

‘My Country’ ep 15 Knetz comments (SPOILER ALERT)

Comments chosen below based on top likes of each news article, click on links below to read original content.

1.    Hwi, Seon-ho, I love you more than Hee-jae. Please live comfortably. (+215 -20)
2.    The cruelty of the lonely Lee Bang-won. Jang Hyuk’s eyes and words are just Lee Bang-won himself (+163 -4)
3.    It’s sad Lee Bang-won has to play the villain because of Lee Seong-gye. Jang Hyuk’s acting is so convincing. (+150 -5)
4.    Nam Seon-ho (Woo Do-hwan) is more diehard than John McLean (Bruce Willis), and I think that line “It’s hard to die” is an ad-lib of the actor laughing at himself. (+105 -7)
5.    I'm so sorry that tomorrow is the last episode (+71 -6)
6.    Thank you for doing this for Jang Hyuk! (+39 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003500595

1.    The loneliness of Lee Bang-won who has to survive in the game of the fittest, is convinced by Jang Hyuk's performance. (+193 -6)
2.    Jang Hyuk Lee Bang-won .. Thank you for doing this ᅲᅲᅲᅲ(+119 -4)
3.    Hwi, it’s so sad you have to take care of others and not yourself, you are too nice (+82 -4)
4.    Actor Yang Se-jong is so cool. I'm always moved by the acting. (+89 -14)
5.    Actor Se-jong fighting! (+56 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000207444

1.    I've been preparing a long time towards the finishing line. I wonder why Bang-won and Seo Hwi’s relationship turned out this way, but I believe the misunderstanding will clear up in the last episode. (+51 -1)
2.    The director, the sound and the actors were perfect, but it’s a drama ruined by the writer, I shall not believe any more dramas by this writer. (+38 -5)
3.    Yang Se-jong is so cool. He has such a good relationship with Bang-won, but it's not going to go wrong, is it? (+30 -8)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0003238797

1.    Applause for Jang Hyuk's acting power, which showed a Lee Bang-won like a reincarnation.. I'm sorry for the writer, but I hope you'll finish well. (+46 -1)
2.    Strictly speaking, it was Lee Seong gye.. Bang-won was covered in blood for him (+43 -1)
3.    Hwi has a good relationship with Bang-won, but where is the twist today? I watch Jang Hyuk and Kim Young-chul with admiration in each episode. (+34 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=382&aid=0000778776

1.    I started to watch this drama because of Yang Se-jong and Woo Do-hwan, but I got mesmerized by Jang Hyuk, Jang Hyuk really chewed it up.(+198 -6)
2.    Jang Hyuk ssi, you are so cool lying back or riding on the horse. Whether it's an action scene or an acting with eyes, you’re so handsome everytime.♡ (+104 -0)
3.    By Jang Hyuk, for Jang Hyuk, is Jang Hyuk! Jang Hyuk is chewing everything. (+72 -3)
4.    It's a 16-part historical drama, so it's over today. Jang Hyuk, please do another saguek. Thank you everyone for all your hard work. We're going to do our last broadcast today. Hwi and Seon-ho, I think one of them is going to die (+60 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003500615

1.    Please finish well, Seo Hwi Yi Bang Won. Return them back to the original situations. Seo Hwi is one who did not even kill Nam Jeon. Lee Bang-won has also been framed. Don't separate the two who'll be friends in life. (+98 -1)
2.    It's too bad. It's the only drama I've ever watched, but it's over (+44 -0)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=408&aid=0000081896

201911230755328247570_20191123075621_01_

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

"There was always you in my dreams. Even in times that felt like nightmare, because you were there, there are good dreams. Thanks to you, I could be able to hold you. Now my dream is you until the last moment"

Hee Jae has been waiting for over 12 years to hear that....

And yet..... Hwi, what's the use in telling her you will not leave her side?  

Damn I am crying.  Even though I always knew deep down in my heart that Hee Jae is the true survival among the three.

This time, I will not blame Hwi that he makes an empty promise. Because it is true that he thinks about Hee Jae until his last moment while holding a fallen Seon Ho, wearing the couple bracket which he gave half of the pair to her. He is very sincere in his feelings towards Hee Jae, I can feel that very strongly from episode 14 onwards. In the end, Hwi has lived his life trying to protect everyone he cares about and experiences both true love and true bromance.  

I don't remember the last time I cried because of a drama. Probably last year?

Human nature is strange. There are things we know we shouldn't do and yet we still do it. I knew deep down in my heart that there would be a heartbreaking ending but still continued watching with the hope that things would turn out differently. That false hope has kept me going for 2 months.

All left are tears and an empty feeling of having nothing to fill the void. And yet, I am also thankful for the amazing journey because the ending was sad but always hinted from the start.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, melp said:

"There was always you in my dreams. Even in times that felt like nightmare, because you were there, there are good dreams. Thanks to you, I could be able to hold you. Now my dream is you until the last moment"

Hee Jae has been waiting for over 12 years to hear that....

And yet..... Hwi, what's the use in telling her you will not leave her side?  

Damn I am crying.  Even though I always knew deep down in my heart that Hee Jae is the true survival among the three.

This time, I will not blame Hwi that he makes an empty promise. Because it is true that he thinks about Hee Jae until his last moment while holding a fallen Seon Ho, wearing the couple bracket which he gave half of the pair to her. He is very sincere in his feelings towards Hee Jae, I can feel that very strongly from episode 14 onwards. In the end, Hwi has lived his life trying to protect everyone he cares about and experiences both true love and true bromance.  

I don't remember the last time I cried because of a drama. Probably last year?

Human nature is strange. There are things we know we shouldn't do and yet we still do it. I knew deep down in my heart that there would be a heartbreaking ending but still continued watching with the hope that things would turn out differently. That false hope has kept me going for 2 months.

All left are tears and an empty feeling of having nothing to fill the void. And yet, I am also thankful for the amazing journey because the ending was sad but always hinted from the start.

I had my hopes high until the very beginning of this episode. Once it started, hints were here and there, Hwi and Heejae's scenes made me 100% sure of where it was heading to, and it would have felt irrational to kill one of them, it made perfect sense that both were heading to the same fate, together. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, r047 said:

I had my hopes high until the very beginning of this episode. Once it started, hints were here and there, Hwi and Heejae's scenes made me 100% sure of where it was heading to, and it would have felt irrational to kill one of them, it made perfect sense that both were heading to the same fate, together. 

The kiss scene in the rain pretty much let me knew what would come ahead.

I said before that I was worry about a very likely scenario: they had their one and only night before the final battle, then the two friends died from protecting each other. In the end, Hee Jae is left with only memories of Hwi and the bracket he gave her as the symbol of his love - but I don't even complain about them not consummating their love. And the two friends stay side by side until their last moment. 

Hwi's final moment is really heartbreaking but also fulfilling in a way that I can't explain. I am still crying while typing these sentences.

• Like 4

Yeah, the scene with the rain, the ost lyrics, the memories she's left with, all were hints. 

Same here, that last scene of Hwi, smiling at Heejae, and her tears broke my heart, her acting was touching in this scene. I prevented myself from crying and trying not to, I want to remember the joy of the journey only. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, r047 said:

Yeah, the scene with the rain, the ost lyrics, the memories she's left with, all were hints. 

Same here, that last scene of Hwi, smiling at Heejae, and her tears broke my heart, her acting was touching in this scene.

I am also glad that Hwi takes notice and buys the couple bracelets. It's a very simple wish that Hee Jae didn't dream of saying out loud, yet Hwi catches that moment and does something he should have done a long time ago. Hwi's last moment thinking about Hee Jae and smiling at her before the door closes with the bracelet on his wrist is more than enough to show how much he loves her. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, melp said:

I am also glad that Hwi takes notice and buys the couple bracelets. It's a very simple wish that Hee Jae didn't dream of saying out loud, yet Hwi catches that moment and does something he should have done a long time ago. Hwi's last moment thinking about Hee Jae and smiling at her before the door closes with the bracelet on his wrist is more than enough to show how much he loves her. 

Exactly, the bracelet in his hand, his friend dying in his hands, and Heejae being the last person he sees and smiles at, symbolizes the priorities of Hwi in his life, protecting his friend and his only love, until the last breath. 

• Like 4
Just now, r047 said:

Exactly, the bracelet in his hand, his friend dying in his hands, and Heejae being the last person he sees and smiles at, symbolizes the priorities of Hwi in his life, protecting his friend and his only love, until the last breath. 

Damn, I can't stop crying. And yet I saw many comments that this drama is all about bromance, Hee Jae is simply a weak third wheel with no role. Hwi was fighting nonstop with no time to think about his personal happiness. With his sister's rescue and revenge, the poison in his body,  he never has a proper break for Hee Hae though he understands how she patiently stays by his side. It's not like Hee Jae needed him to protect her before. And when she really needed him, he was there, willing to protect her with his own life. 

Didn't these people see how Hwi waited for Hee Jae to come back to Ihwaru before going to treat Seon Ho? Like he reported what happen to her, sharing things with her like a true couple. How he treats her so gently and sincerely when he is no longer bounded by revenge. They do not consummate their yet but their hearts are connected - they wait for the right opportunity to leave things behind and start their life though it never happen. 

A lot of things happen to Hee Jae happens off screen.  How she became the Queen's trusted adviser, how she led Ihwaru and rebuilt it, how she navigated  information to use during the first and second strife, how she was there when Hwi was treated and pinned for his to return, how guilty she felt at the loss of her family, how she grows from a naive girl to a much wiser and more responsible person...Not a lot of these things are shown probably due to the drama's length and the focus on Hwi's journey but she is not a useless character at all 

• Like 6

That was a completely and utterly depressing ending. I'll definitely have to do a rewatch with English subs before I do a final write up and gather my thoughts on the series as a whole, but man Hwi, Seon Ho, Hee Jae's story is just so tragic. I'm honestly at a loss of words. 

I normally dig my sad endings, but after all they went through, I really just wanted a happy ending for Hwi and Hee Jae.

I'm so gutted.

:bawling:

• Like 4

What an amazing journey for all our players,more sad than happy i might say but invested till the end in this characters even if i wanted another ending for our dear leads...I actually wished for all of them to have a taste of living a simple happy life while actually seeing the country Bang Won would create...I was expecting a sad ending as sageuk unofficial rule is quite known for the ones who watched them but it still hit me hard actually seeing the outcome for Sun Ho and Hwi...Life is unfair but oh boy,their lives were a hell for so many years,they truly deserved a happy ending...It was quite depressing seeing their ultimate outcome,they truly didn't deserve it and i doubt it wasn't unavoidable...It was just heartbreaking seeing the last moments of Sun Ho telling Hwi he missed him a lot before dying and that his happiness was so close yet he couldn't see it because he was busy aiming too high to actually see what he had close to him aka him and Yeon(his Country) while Hwi left Hee Jee with a smile as his last memory...In the end,the hardest part was for the living ones left behind,also the ones who would carry one in their hearts their memories...In the end both f them dieb to save all the others...

It was sooo heartwarming to see Sun Ho like a fish out of the water along Hwi's friends and realizing that maybe he did have other options for another way of life but like Hwi pointed out he just wasn't able to see it based on his background surroundings etc. to actually see it(like a fish locked in his bowl)...

Bang Won ended up all alone like Seo Geom predicted,the price he utterly paid for his throne...

No matter the ending i'm still uterly happy this drama gave us the precious oportunity to have Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan play together in one drama along with the brilliant Jang Hyuk..That is such a rare thing and who knows if we'll ever be able to see them again in another project!!!

Fan Of Doom&Change didn't dissapoint till it's end!!!!

Me wants one of those amazing fans Jang Hyuk mastered with such elegance making it a IT thing!!!

Another think i wanted to mention was the camera,i totally loved the Director's work,sooooo beautiful along with the BGM(Still waiting for the V.A) made this drama quite epic for me visually wise!

• Like 9
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라