Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

According to a recent fan meeting of Jang Hyuk, this drama will premiere in October 2019.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The young actorsin this upcoming drama looking up to Sunbae Hyukie. Aww :wub:

• Like 6

The male casting is amazing. Too bad about the female lead. She’s not as bad as some, but I can’t say that I’m happy about her casting in this drama against the male talent. She’s very pretty, but she’s also a pretty weak link who doesn’t seem to be getting better. After his last drama which shall go unnamed (*cringe*), I really wanted WDH to have a fantastic role in a fantastic drama.I wonder if this will be it, though the female lead makes me question the production team of this drama and whether they are going to dumb it down.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The male casting is amazing. Too bad about the female lead. She’s not as bad as some, but I can’t say that I’m happy about her casting in this drama against the male talent. She’s very pretty, but she’s also a pretty weak link who doesn’t seem to be getting better. After his last drama which shall go unnamed (*cringe*), I really wanted WDH to have a fantastic role in a fantastic drama.I wonder if this will be it, though the female lead makes me question the production team of this drama and whether they are going to dumb it down.

Same thoughts. I'm watching for Jang Hyuk.. and Yang Se Jong, though I still believe Duel was and still his best drama that show cased his acting. I'm not really that familiar with Woo Do Whan and I don't know the lead female.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I really wanted WDH to have a fantastic role in a fantastic drama.I wonder if this will be it, though the female lead makes me question the production team of this drama and whether they are going to dumb it down.

When the casting of the two male leads came first i thought it was an ambitious historical drama where the PD was willing to give the two relatively new actors with so much potential a chance to shine in a well made sageuk under his guidance but when the female lead was announced it made me think it might be another love triangle based drama for international consume and fangirls fighting over ships type of drama. I really like Seolhyun as a beauty but she was acting since 2012 and didn't seem to improve that much. She received a flak for her performance in The great battle. However Jang Hyuk casting gave me a little hope. I will still watch the drama no matter how horrible it might be. I get three of my favs in one drama once in a lifetime.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, jongski said:

Same thoughts. I'm watching for Jang Hyuk.. and Yang Se Jong, though I still believe Duel was and still his best drama that show cased his acting. I'm not really that familiar with Woo Do Whan and I don't know the lead female.

WSH had me as he played a supporting role in Sweet Stranger and Me where he plays the groomed gangster who ultimately betrays his gang boss to help his friend who was the male lead. He portrayed a complex characterization of his role with glimpses of vulnerability being shown, along with some jealousy that the male lead had been the favored and so his reveling in being the top gangster dog when the lead has turned away from crime, only to come to some realizations of his own, aided by the actions of the male lead, which cause his turn around to serve time for his crimes.

Then came his performance in Save Me where really the main reason to watch that drama was his bravura performance as the second lead. He conveyed so much emotion and soulfulness that it put him far above the other youthful actors in that drama for me.

Then he did Mad Dog which was fun because of the interaction between WDH and Yoo Ji Tae. I can't say that it was a great drama, and really needed to push the bromance scenes, whether antagonistic or sentimental, more than it did, but still a very watchable drama, and WDH again did a lot with his role of conveying subtle, complex, changing emotions. It was also his role where he was nominally the male lead rather than clearly a second lead or supporting role.

And, then came Tempted. I just have no words for this drama, and I don't want to offend anyone who might have watched it and enjoyed it. But, I did wonder after this drama whether WDH would be relegated back to supporting or second lead roles again.

Plus, this is his last drama before military service I think I read somewhere. If so, it would be nice if it was a good role and a good drama.

17 hours ago, meme gogo said:

When the casting of the two male leads came first i thought it was an ambitious historical drama where the PD was willing to give the two relatively new actors with so much potential a chance to shine in a well made sageuk under his guidance but when the female lead was announced it made me think it might be another love triangle based drama for international consume and fangirls fighting over ships type of drama. I really like Seolhyun as a beauty but she was acting since 2012 and didn't seem to improve that much. She received a flak for her performance in The great battle.

Yes, that was my thought arc as well. The minute they announced the female lead, I figured it was another lightweight attempt to draw a "youthful" viewing audience rather than a well-crafted, well written drama. I'll probably give it 2 or 4 episodes and see how it goes. As you mentioned, the three male leads announced could really have some fun even if the drama isn't memorable.

• Like 4

Warrior Yang Se-jong to protect his loved ones in My Country
by tineybeanie

Keep the sageuks coming! Yang Se-jong’s (Thirty But Seventeen) new drama My Country has released its first teaser, and I’m loving the glorious mane that he’s sporting for the rough-and-touble Goryeo man look.

My Country is set during turbulent times as Goryeo declines and Joseon rises. Yang Se-jong stars as a warrior, and his character poster shows him alone, facing countless enemies on the battlefield. The copy reads: “At the birth of Joseon, they were there.” In his character teaser, he draws his bow back while thinking, “I will become stronger. Because I have someone I need to protect.”

In an era where best friends can become enemies, and enemies can become allies, Yang Se-jong fights to defend justice and change the world. He is the son of Yi Seong-gye’s most trusted underling, and commander of the Northern troops. With the exceptional martial prowess inherited from his father, Yang Se-jong is able to make his way in the world, but faces challenges as he tries to protect his loved ones. (Yi Seong-gye eventually becomes Taejo, first king of Joseon.)

Woo Do-hwan (The Great Seducer), Seolhyun (Orange Marmalade), Kim Young-chul (Criminal Minds) and Jang Hyuk (Bad Papa) will be joining Yang Se-jong in this new epic sageuk, but their teasers have not been released as of yet.

Upcoming JTBC Friday-Saturday drama My Country, directed by Kim Jin-won and written by Chae Seung-dae, will begin airing this October.

mylands5.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/warrior-yang-se-jong-to-protect-his-loved-ones-in-my-country/

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@Prettysup@mademoisellesiaThanks for the updates. Looks to be good. Poster is 'minimalist' like. It reminds me of paining. I like it acutally the color and tone and the 15 second teaser.. too short but I can feel it's going to be good. I'll be watching this.

• Like 4

To be honest,  I haven't watch a Yang Se Jong drama since his first drama Duel. I'm Fangirling again.

I'm getting excited.  Could be "Chuno" excited or "Six Flying Dragons" excited. It's that brief teaser of fierce warrior ready to kill to save his country and to protect someone.  Please pierce right through my drama heart and don't disappoint me. Please be terrific. Fighting!

ctto

ECtvBQ1UcAANNfd.jpg

ECtvAz_U4AAVWHo.jpg

• Love 2

On 8/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, jongski said:

@Prettysup@mademoisellesiaThanks for the updates. Looks to be good. Poster is 'minimalist' like. It reminds me of paining. I like it acutally the color and tone and the 15 second teaser.. too short but I can feel it's going to be good. I'll be watching this.

I hope your prophecy comes true. :D

This is a high budget drama so I wonder how did they spend it.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Woo Do Hwan Displays Cold Charisma As Military Officer In New Historical Drama Teaser

bc1458a8d2f140758e30080d23e8d571.jpeg?s=

New historical drama “My Country” (literal title) has released a teaser and poster for Woo Do Hwan!

“My Country” is a drama that takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to the desires for power and protection. Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk will also be starring in it.

On September 3, JTBC dropped a teaser of Woo Do Hwan as Nam Sun Ho, an aspiring military officer with deep emotional wounds because of his status as the illegitimate son of an important family. Nam Sun Ho wields a long, sharp sword as he claims, “I will steal it…even if it means turning my back against you.”

The drama also dropped an individual poster of Nam Sun Ho standing alone in a chaotic battlefield with a bloody sword in one hand. The dark and cold poster conveys a sense of loneliness that is similar to the character’s story. It raises questions about his wish for his country as well as his fate.

The production crew heightened anticipation for the drama by explaining, “A fierce story with figures of firm faith in the turbulent times of the Joseon Dynasty will be unveiled. Woo Do Hwan, who will be rediscovered as a [true] actor beyond his status as a trendy [star], will showcase a powerful transformation. You will be able to check out Woo Do Hwan’s presence as he portrays Nam Sun Ho with his own style.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1350116wpp/watch-woo-do-hwan-displays-cold-charisma-as-military-officer-in-new-historical-drama-teaser?fbclid=IwAR1PSW2nGb7R3Gy5aqRMrWa6wWqernNDnpKhmJCuTN4OwErN9JlM0Js2d74

• Like 5

New drama trailer

LOL, my first thought is Woo Do Hwan has better mane of glory than Se Jong (sighhh) :lol:

BTW, I like the character posters from both. It shows huge contrast between them. I'd hate to see them turn enemies... bromance is much better.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Wow... WDH simply  looks  powerful on the screen...

Agree he's got a strong screen presence..

Hope Jang Hyuk will get a decent screen time. Still didn't get the story lol who's fighting who and why? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, meme gogo said:

Agree he's got a strong screen presence..

Hope Jang Hyuk will get a decent screen time. Still didn't get the story lol who's fighting who and why? 

There is no doubt  that JH as LBW will be excellent.

This short scene shows it.

• Like 9