Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[Caution] Members will be temporarily blinded by the brightness of Soompi Light Mode. Sunglasses are advised.
0ly40

[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

‘My Country’ ep 13 Knetz comments

1.    It looks like you did a great job casting. If Jang Hyuk starred in a Lee Bang-won epic, I may be bored, Six Flying Dragons was very successful….  Lee Bang-won's story is so interesting because Jang Hyuk acted well. The main and supporting actors all have similar screen-time, there is no lead here, everyone acted well and is suitable for their roles. Such a pity it’ll be over soon. (+358 -19)

2.    Jang Hyuk’s Lee Bang-won, Lee Bang-won’s Jang Hyuk ... Overwhelming immersion in water.. Holding my breath (+261 -9)

3.    To be honest, I only see Jang Hyuk. He's so overwhelming (+269 -20)

4.    From Jang Hyuk I learnt that not everything is about quantity (+204 -4)

5.    When Kim Young-chul fired the arrow and Jang Hyuk's hair got dishevelled, my wife turned to look at me and her face fell … What a night of poor self-esteem. (+171 -1)

6.    When can Nam Seon-ho smile? (+70 -8)

7.    Jang Hyuk’s overwhelming aura, a pack of smoke that flows between sorrow and strength.

8.    Hwi only wants to live comfortably, but he is in a crisis every day... (+55 -2)

9.    Seon-ho, when can I see you laugh? I like Hwi and Bang-won, everything is good, but Seon-ho is pitiful. (+51 -6)

10.    Jang Hyuk is really one of the top 3 best actors in our country! (+47 -7)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003497451

1.    Wow, Jang Hyuk's acting of Lee Bang-won is beyond crazy (+42 -0)

2.    If JTBC has an acting award, I want to give it to Jang Hyuk (+35 -0)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=421&aid=0004307965

0001140955_001_20191116083300726.jpg?typ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow, Netflix really did us dirty. I actually stayed up till very late to watch the episode, but it never came. :angry:

I remember all 16 episodes used to be listed on the mobile app with the release dates of each episode  up until 23rd Nov, but it's been pulled down now 

It makes absolutely zero sense to license 12 episodes out of a 16 episode series and leave their viewers hanging in limbo. 

Seriously.

• Like 3

Wonder why they change the timings.

Previous episodes were always shown one hour after Korean broadcast. 

This is not good marketing strategy, IMO. 

And to do this at the final end of a season too. 

• Like 1

So I actually contacted Netflix live support. I'm watching from Netflix Australia, so things could possibly differ across regions, but customer support told me there 'is a possibility of a licensing issue' and there's really no telling when the rest of the episodes will be released or not.

Crossed fingers that their customer support doesn't know what's actually going on, but I'm pessimistic and I don't have high hopes.

Also, going by that release schedule on whats-on-netflix from that tweet, last weeks episodes should of also been delayed by a day, but it wasn't. So I'm not sure how credible it is to be honest.

• Like 2

Thank you for that. I heard it is the same for Southeast Asia regions. It doesn’t make sense. They would already know beforehand about this. And they should have made announcements too. Plus they showed all the episodes with air dates before. To say about licensing issue at the tail end of season doesn’t make sense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, writteninthestars09 said:

Thank you for that. I heard it is the same for Southeast Asia regions. It doesn’t make sense. They would already know beforehand about this. And they should have made announcements too. Plus they showed all the episodes with air dates before. To say about licensing issue at the tail end of season doesn’t make sense.

It really doesn't. The licensing deals are made before a drama starts airing. Netflix has lots of kdramas these days and they've never not licensed a full season.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Saw some clips from Ep 13, looks like Seon Ho is really really affected by his father's last words. Nam Jeon managed to poison his son's mind at the end. Seems like he is mad at Hwi for getting his revenge. 

He's not mad at Hwi as such, but at Bang Won. He wanted to kill himself, Hwi stopped him and asked him to stay alive and that's Hwi's last wish of him. He was later captured by soldiers since he's the son of Nam Jeon. Bang Won let him go with the reasons that his involvement caused the King to make rash decision and that Seon Ho is a bastard only, thus can't be considered as son of Nam Jeon (therefore free from Nam Jeon's crime). Bang Won also wants him alive to feel powerless but watch how the world change under his ruling.

Like you all, I hope Netflix fix their issues. It was disappointing to wake up realising there's no new episode to watch. I'm not liking the "wait for a day or two" rule as well. They should just stick to their original schedule. :angry:

• Like 2

May be it is just me but I am dead nervous if the handsome bodyguard of Ihwahru will die in Episode 13 because Hui Jae was already hurt... please tell me in a spoiler tag Gyeol is still alive :(

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hope that this is true

This is not true. The scheduled was realeased long time ago and it is standard schedule as the drama will avail on Netflix 1-2 hours after its airing in Korea so it has passed midnight and already the next day. It's almost 17 nov in most part of ASia but still no eps 13 on netflix

• Like 1

It seems even their customer support isn’t aware of what’s going on and just saying the standard answer for all - license issue, region depended play date and so on. I’m nearing the end of my billing cycle and decided not to renew for now. 

49 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

This is not true. The scheduled was realeased long time ago and it is standard schedule as the drama will avail on Netflix 1-2 hours after its airing in Korea so it has passed midnight and already the next day. It's almost 17 nov in most part of ASia but still no eps 13 on netflix

Sigh ok i have given up and went to watch with Chinese subs, didnt understand some parts but it's better than nothing.

Yang Se Jong And Woo Do Hwan Have A Tense Confrontation In “My Country”

ccc482194813482b8e42e21980f853b6.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “My Country” has released new stills of Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, and other cast members!

In the newly-released stills, Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong) and Nam Seon Ho (played by Woo Do Hwan), who have both chosen opposite paths, reunite. The tension surrounding the two men as they face each other is palpable, and the cruel fate of having to draw their swords overwhelms the two friends once again.

The other stills showcase Nam Seon Ho and Lee Bang Gan (played by Lee Hyun Gyun) pointing their swords at one another. Although Nam Seon Ho intended to use Lee Bang Gan in order to kill Lee Bang Won Jang Hyuk), their actions raise questions about their future choices and plans.

The production crew stated, “In today’s [11/16] broadcast, ‘the Second Strife of Princes’ will be held. Although the relationship of power has become more complicated, the emotions of Seo Hwi and Nam Seon Ho, who have been faced with crisis through the First Strike of Princes, are also getting more intertwined. Tension-filled, unrelenting twists and elaborate strategies will continue to unfold [in the next episode].”

The upcoming episode of “My Country” airs on November 16 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1366071wpp/yang-se-jong-and-woo-do-hwan-have-a-tense-confrontation-in-my-country

• Like 1

Just watched Ep 14 live, wow what a cliffhanger + prepare yourselves coz there is no preview :angry:

• Like 1

Usually Netflix will show the next 2 episodes with expected air dates.  And usually the next episode showed up the next day after its air date in Korea.  I'm in the US.  Still no episode 13 or 14 available on Netflix.  I asked customer support - they had no answer.  I'll wait until tonight, but something's not right!  This would totally suck if Netflix screwed this up.  I don't want to go to some fly-by-night streaming service with its warnings of malware, etc. to watch this, but Netflix is giving me gas.  Hope they get it right!

Somebody in the Swoon Jenga Youtube posted in the comments My Country broadcast for 13 & 14 was cancelled or delayed due to baseball schedule?  Anybody hear that?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luvtokki said:

Usually Netflix will show the next 2 episodes with expected air dates.  And usually the next episode showed up the next day after its air date in Korea.  I'm in the US.  Still no episode 13 or 14 available on Netflix.  I asked customer support - they had no answer.  I'll wait until tonight, but something's not right!  This would totally suck if Netflix screwed this up.  I don't want to go to some fly-by-night streaming service with its warnings of malware, etc. to watch this, but Netflix is giving me gas.  Hope they get it right!

Somebody in the Swoon Jenga Youtube posted in the comments My Country broadcast for 13 & 14 was cancelled or delayed due to baseball schedule?  Anybody hear that?  

Yup, U.S. Netflix here, and the last episode is 12.

13 & 14 definitely aired in Korea. It's available raw.

This is very uncool of Netflix. They need to at least provide notice to their viewers if something is going on.

• Like 1