[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hope that this is true

This is not true. The scheduled was realeased long time ago and it is standard schedule as the drama will avail on Netflix 1-2 hours after its airing in Korea so it has passed midnight and already the next day. It's almost 17 nov in most part of ASia but still no eps 13 on netflix

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

This is not true. The scheduled was realeased long time ago and it is standard schedule as the drama will avail on Netflix 1-2 hours after its airing in Korea so it has passed midnight and already the next day. It's almost 17 nov in most part of ASia but still no eps 13 on netflix

Sigh ok i have given up and went to watch with Chinese subs, didnt understand some parts but it's better than nothing.

Yang Se Jong And Woo Do Hwan Have A Tense Confrontation In “My Country”

ccc482194813482b8e42e21980f853b6.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “My Country” has released new stills of Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, and other cast members!

In the newly-released stills, Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong) and Nam Seon Ho (played by Woo Do Hwan), who have both chosen opposite paths, reunite. The tension surrounding the two men as they face each other is palpable, and the cruel fate of having to draw their swords overwhelms the two friends once again.

The other stills showcase Nam Seon Ho and Lee Bang Gan (played by Lee Hyun Gyun) pointing their swords at one another. Although Nam Seon Ho intended to use Lee Bang Gan in order to kill Lee Bang Won Jang Hyuk), their actions raise questions about their future choices and plans.

The production crew stated, “In today’s [11/16] broadcast, ‘the Second Strife of Princes’ will be held. Although the relationship of power has become more complicated, the emotions of Seo Hwi and Nam Seon Ho, who have been faced with crisis through the First Strike of Princes, are also getting more intertwined. Tension-filled, unrelenting twists and elaborate strategies will continue to unfold [in the next episode].”

The upcoming episode of “My Country” airs on November 16 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1366071wpp/yang-se-jong-and-woo-do-hwan-have-a-tense-confrontation-in-my-country

• Like 1

Usually Netflix will show the next 2 episodes with expected air dates.  And usually the next episode showed up the next day after its air date in Korea.  I'm in the US.  Still no episode 13 or 14 available on Netflix.  I asked customer support - they had no answer.  I'll wait until tonight, but something's not right!  This would totally suck if Netflix screwed this up.  I don't want to go to some fly-by-night streaming service with its warnings of malware, etc. to watch this, but Netflix is giving me gas.  Hope they get it right!

Somebody in the Swoon Jenga Youtube posted in the comments My Country broadcast for 13 & 14 was cancelled or delayed due to baseball schedule?  Anybody hear that?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luvtokki said:

Usually Netflix will show the next 2 episodes with expected air dates.  And usually the next episode showed up the next day after its air date in Korea.  I'm in the US.  Still no episode 13 or 14 available on Netflix.  I asked customer support - they had no answer.  I'll wait until tonight, but something's not right!  This would totally suck if Netflix screwed this up.  I don't want to go to some fly-by-night streaming service with its warnings of malware, etc. to watch this, but Netflix is giving me gas.  Hope they get it right!

Somebody in the Swoon Jenga Youtube posted in the comments My Country broadcast for 13 & 14 was cancelled or delayed due to baseball schedule?  Anybody hear that?  

Yup, U.S. Netflix here, and the last episode is 12.

13 & 14 definitely aired in Korea. It's available raw.

This is very uncool of Netflix. They need to at least provide notice to their viewers if something is going on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luvtokki said:

I contacted Netflix US today to ask about why episodes 13-14 were not uploaded. The person said netflix did not receive the episodes and that the drama was on hiatus as of now. No information as to when the episodes 13-16 will be uploaded to Netflix, but that Netflix will upload the episodes in the future. I ask point blank if the drama had been cancelled-the person said it had not been cancelled and Netflix would show episodes 13-16. The problem is there is no confirmed Netflix airdate as of now for episodes 13-16.
Perhaps if everyone contacts the Netflix and ask about where are the episodes, maybe they might release a statement about what is going on. The customer service person I spoke with said they do not have much information given to tell people.

I haven't heard that anything was cancelled or delayed due to baseball schedule. Someone on MDL posted there is a rumor that Netflix only had the liscense for Ep. 1-12, or somehow lost the liscense and that is why they are not showing ep. 13-14.  I don't know about that. It seems strange for Netflix owned The Swoon Youtube to post a new video of jenga with the cast if netflix lost liscense. 

I hope Netflix get it together and upload the final ep 13-16 soon. 

• Like 3

Customer service told me to inform Netflix and directed me to a link that requests for drama titles. I’m not sure if this will work but I followed the instruction in any case. We need to let Netflix know somehow and maybe a deluge of inquiries and request will alert them to this issue. I guess this is the least we can do. Social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook might help too.

For the sake of their remaining viewers, I hope Netflix cleans up this fiasco soon. 

• Like 3

My Country ep 14 Knetz comments

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler

1. Won't die, Woo Do-hwan and Yang Se-jong are like zombies...Do it in moderation. Flying blood is also fixed when fighting. (+165 -4)

2. You won't die no matter how many times you are stabbed (+103 -3)

3. It's a zombie drama, and I am not even excited (+91 -9)

4. The extras die like arrows. The main actors live like knives (+70 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=408&aid=0000081454

1.    The hero can't die even if he gets stabbed, but the soldiers can't get up once they are touched (+62 -1)
2.    This drama is about the Phoenix... ..and everyone will come to life even if they stab you. (+28 -0)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=144&aid=0000642516

0000642516_001_20191117080700783.jpg?typ

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=144&aid=0000642516

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, YoonShiYoonFan said:

May be it is just me but I am dead nervous if the handsome bodyguard of Ihwahru will die in Episode 13 because Hui Jae was already hurt... please tell me in a spoiler tag Gyeol is still alive :(

I watched ep 14 already, and

Spoiler

dont worry, he is still alive

• LOL 1

It's 11:00 p.m., 11/16 - still no episode 13 on Netflix!  Has anybody heard anything from Netflix customer support about this?  If not, where are you all watching the next episodes?  Only raw available - or with English subs?

Maybe someone can alert Soompi and have them write a news article about this - it is ridiculous that Netflix has failed so spectacularly...... 

Episode 14 turns out to be one of my favorites. I have been waiting for 13 episodes to finally see what I hope to see.

Hwi has been fighting for other people all his life with Hee Jae patiently waiting by his side. Finally, it is time he protects her and fights with her side by side for a common cause, for a country where they can be free.

There are so so many things I love about this episode:

- The way Hwi desperately saves Hee Jae: he could run away but he rushes to Ihwaru and takes an injured Hee Jae away on horse from the pursuit of many soldiers. The moment Hee Jae regains her consciousness, she wants to go back to Ihwaru for her people but he prevents her from going by holding her tightly - going back there means death. He doesn't leave her behind but choose to  fight a losing battle because he is obviously outnumbered. Finally it comes a day when I can see Hwi risks his life to save Hee Jae, even if it means they have to die together.

- The way Hwi treats Hee Jae with utmost gentleness: When he gentle lays her head on the cave wall, he uses one of his hand as cushion first to prevent her head from being hurt. He rips a shred from his clothing to tend to her wound. When he has to fight, he lets her rest near the tree and tries to assure that things will be over soon.  When they are rescued by Bangwon's people, he goes back to check on Hee Jae and both smiles at each other for assurance. He stays by her side when she is unconscious and gets treated by the doctor, then silently sits by her until she is awake, softly holds her and comforts her pain. He doesn't have to ask her if she is ok, his worry eyes are enough to let her know his concern. I love the way Hwi holds Hee Jae to his chest with his chin on the top of her head and his hand on her hair - it's very caring and intimate. 

- How Hwi finally says out loud his fear of losing her: near the end of episode when Hee Jae takes charge of preventing the King, he is very worry for her safety that he wants to do it himself. However, Hee Jae tells him not to be worry because it's her duty as the head of Ihwaru.

- There's a time skip again, now we are forward to 1400, the year of the Second Strife of Princes and also the year when Bangwon assumed the throne of Joseon. But Hwi and Hee Jae don't get separated like before. Together, they work for Bangwon to make him king though they have not consummated their relationship. She is officially a part of his life now. The country he wants to live in is the country where the people he cares about - his people - don't get hurt - and it includes Hee Jae.

- Hwi understands Hee Jae's pain and determination to revenge for her people in Ihwaru.

Hee Jae has been by Hwi's side for so long. She was there the day he lost to Seon Ho, the day he was drafted, the day his sister was killed. They love each other but Hwi was never there for Hee Jae. It's finally time when he saves her and shares her pain. Episode 14 is actually the one where these two have more screen time together than in other episodes and I am more than happy with that.

I am also glad that Bangwon steps forward to protect Hwi whom he considers his people and wins over both Hwi and Hee Jae. Someone who is worth serving because he cares.

As for Seon Ho, I was shocked at the ending at first. But then, I don't think his intention is to kill Hwi -  just to keep him out of the Second Strife. Poor Seon Ho, will you ever find a proper cause to live? Cos we all know how history goes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@melp Due to the Netflix issue I haven't seen these last 2 episodes yet, but thankyou for sharing a little of what happens in regard to Hwi and Hee Jae. I too have been waiting to see some reciprocal effort from Hwi toward Hee Jae. She has been unconditionally devoted to the guy, through all his struggles, without much in return. It is about time he did more to show his love than a quick kiss under a tree, or an empty promise to return to her (which he never meant as he always proclaimed he would die when he killed Nam Joo). Though I am disappointed to hear there's another time jump and they are still not a proper couple. Like ok, you can't get married due to whatever political nonsense, but at least shack up and be together on the nights you aren't sword fighting, and whatnot. It's not like anyone at Ihwaru is going to tsk tsk if Hee Jae has a man sleep over now and then.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bejaffled said:

@melp Due to the Netflix issue I haven't seen these last 2 episodes yet, but thankyou for sharing a little of what happens in regard to Hwi and Hee Jae. I too have been waiting to see some reciprocal effort from Hwi toward Hee Jae. She has been unconditionally devoted to the guy, through all his struggles, without much in return. It is about time he did more to show his love than a quick kiss under a tree, or an empty promise to return to her (which he never meant as he always proclaimed he would die when he killed Nam Joo). Though I am disappointed to hear there's another time jump and they are still not a proper couple. Like ok, you can't get married due to whatever political nonsense, but at least shack up and be together on the nights you aren't sword fighting, and whatnot. It's not like anyone at Ihwaru is going to tsk tsk if Hee Jae has a man sleep over now and then.

Then you will like the way Hwi treats Hee Jae in episode 14 because I can finally see that Hee Jae is important to him, a person he wants to protect in the country he helps build. 

I am ok with them not husband and wife now. After all, Hwi was all for survival and revenge, then now it's Hee Jae's turn to revenge for her people in Ihwaru. They can never be at peace together once their problems are not solved yet. My guess is they want to make Bangwon a king, then walk away. It's the old time, after all, not modern time.  :)  It takes time for Hee Jae to heal her wound and rebuild Ihwaru. The time jump is two years - not too long. And for sure they work closely together, sharing each and every plan for Bangwon.

Hee Jae's unconditional love for Hwi is partly due to the fact his father saved her when she was a kid. But the way Hwi treats Hee Jae now really makes her effort worthwhile. Hwi is kind, caring and gentle in nature and once other problems are gone, he can now have time for her and be really good to her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1