[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

This episode was depressing for me :(

First thing I wanted to say, what venom stays for many years?!!!! Does it mean he'll die from it in the end? Writer-nim what a poor way to die after all he went through. Hwi: that's the only reason I'm living for. I will die the day your father dies. I'm sensing a tragic end here :tears:

Ok, finally Hwi has changed to what we were waiting for those whole 10 episodes! Hwi's looking for something beyond killing Namjeon only, he wants to kill him in the most painful way. 

When Namjeon was telling Hwi that someone else will rest in peace, I thought he definitely means Huijae! And with Hwi's thoughts directed towards revenge and dying after that, Huijae is definitely not on his plans, though he still loves her, and will, forever. 

Sunho is always there for Hwi, maybe he changed, but not in terms of caring for him. His heart is definitely aching for Hwi. I liked the line, "What's so grand about this friendship anyway". So deep. 

Now regarding what happened during those 6 years, I was quite sure there is something strange going on and that will be revealed in this episode: yaaay they're all teaming with Bangwon. And the 4 musketeers are together. 

I'll leave this episode behind coz we're back to the very first scene and episode 12 is going to be PHENOMENAL, DEFINITELY! 

• Like 2

‘My Country’ ep 11 Knetz comments

1.    There is not much of Jang Hyuk, but he has a strong presence whenever he comes out. ᄃᄃ Lee Sung-gye and Lee Bang-won's father-to-son confrontation was overwhelming. (+314 -1)

2.    Jang Hyuk, who captures everything just with his eyes .. Jang Hyuk = Lee Bang-won himself and the talking scene with Lee Seong-gye is just like watching a piece of literature (+174 -2)

3.    Seon-ho is always protecting Yeon and Hwi with his life, but he is always alone. It’s too sad, Seon-ho, can’t you just let him live, Mr Writer? (+168 -4)

4.    Jang Hyuk is the real Bang-won! Seon-ho is so pitiful, will he die eventually? (+140 -3)

5.    Jang Hyuk’s acting completely insane!!! (+92 -4)

6.    Jang Hyuk, really ... were you Lee Bang-won in your past life? No word to describe your acting. (+38 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=108&aid=0002822552

1.    It was a drama, but when Jang Hyuk comes out, it becomes a movie. (+114 -1)

2.    Nam Jeon, Lee Seong-gye, Lee Bang-won .. The First Strife of the Princes has begun, and the ending, the best immersion level of acting. (+63 -0)

3.    Woo Do Hwan always has a hard time. I'm sad. (+54 -4)

4.    Jang Hyuk as Bang Won is saving this drama, he is the best actor. (+41 -1)

5.    Jang Hyuk is more handsome as he gets older (+42 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0004117528

1.    At the ending, Jang Hyuk's acting is freaking me out. I think I will be exhausted if I were Bang-won or Seon-ho They are a bit alike!I They both didn't get recognition from their fathers. Sad… (+172 -2)

2.    The luxurious performance of Jang Hyuk and Kim Young-chul's father-and-son acting. The details in the lonely eyes of Yi Bang-won (+108-2)

3.    I love you, Jang Hyuk. I'm happy to be able to keep seeing good acting. (+75 -2)

4.    And Jang Hyuk's  acting density is different. (+74 -2)

5.    Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan, you're all good at acting. Jang Hyuk really has an awesome vibe (+50 -3)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003494409

0004117528_001_20191109075721211.jpg?typ

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mmmm, it's probably not the venom that is still in his body and more of the damage the venomous toxin has caused. He'll live longer if he doesn't strain his body, but another "venom" he took to control and suppress his suffering is causing more harm to his health and thus will kill him quicker.

3 hours ago, r047 said:

When Namjeon was telling Hwi that someone else will rest in peace, I thought he definitely means Huijae! And with Hwi's thoughts directed towards revenge and dying after that, Huijae is definitely not on his plans, though he still loves her, and will, forever. 

Nam Jeon's sarcastically said he hoped Hwi's "nui" (sister) is resting in peace and he threatened that there should not be anyone else to die because of Hwi. So it's not just Hee Jae but anyone who is dear to Hwi. I'm just as sad as you in knowing that Hwi will never recover his health. It's basically hinting us that Hwi has no future in pursuing happiness with Hee Jae. It's therefore reasonable he makes no promise to Hee Jae or even think about starting a relationship with her. In his path to revenge he unfortunately can't be associated with anyone he cares about because Nam Jeon will use it against him. Anyone with the right frame of mind would never allow history to repeat.

It's sad that the "country" everyone fights for is now none of Hwi's concern since he has lost his country (=Yeon). I agree death is too easy for Nam Jeon. I support Hwi's revenge – to pay for all his sins, Nam Jeon must stay alive for a looong time, and be in the state of he wishes and begs he's dead every single day.

I'm also sad that Seon Ho and Hwi are still very much intertwined in their fate but I'm surprised at Seon Ho's change and how broken he is as well. It's telling that he's completely broken off his association with Nam Jeon and throughout the episode, he had never once addressed Nam Jeon as "father" like he used to. His goal of becoming successful has now changed. He technically has the same goal as Hwi, but just differ in their approach.

Narratively speaking, I love the sadness of how things have developed for Hwi, Hee Jae, Seon Ho and even Bang Won in this episode. So sad yet so beautiful... but... but... but... so quick Seon Ho is dying in Hwi's hands??? We have 4 more episodes left! Maybe he'll survive coz he did the first time.

Oh oh, and the scene when Hwi said "You did well" to Bang Won... the irony but also how impactful it was. He's been wanting to hear that from his own father, now he gets it from the son of his mentor and also a father-figure. So awesome.

• Like 5

@mademoisellesia As you said Hwi can't get related to anyone because he knows their lives will be at threat, otherwise it will be selfish of him, and very inconsistent with the character.

I was surprised by the preview, Sunho being killed by Hwi? I don't think so, as always, things turn out to be different when the full episode is aired. And not to forget, characters are immortal in this drama lol. Four episodes are left and Sunho is not there? Hmm.. I doubt it. I saw recent photos of him where he cut his hair, is it because he's done filming early? Tonight will bring us the answer. 

• LOL 2

The way Hwi reaches out for Hee Jae's hand on his back...that's enough for me. Even though he sits silently with his back towards her, and holds back emotion, that silent gesture is what I want to know from him. That for the last 6 years, Hee Jae is still the one he loves, no matter what he goes through - and Hee Jae understands that. Poor Hwi, with all the pain and rage -  long gone the poor but gentle boy whose wish is just to have enough food to take care of his sister. 

Part of Hwi dies, yes. The country he fights for no longer exists, just a path of revenge ahead of him. But deep down, he is still the Hwi that Hee Jae loves and he still loves her - he just can't promise any future with her. He doesn't try to drive her away anymore (frankly, that doesn't work) and accepts her help when necessary - I am satisfied with that.

Probably Hwi doesn't have much time left - shortly after the second strike maybe. So anymore rare OTP moment is welcome - these will be gems in Hee Jae's memories to keep her love alive when he's gone.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, r047 said:

I was surprised by the preview, Sunho being killed by Hwi? I don't think so, as always, things turn out to be different when the full episode is aired. And not to forget, characters are immortal in this drama lol. Four episodes are left and Sunho is not there? Hmm.. I doubt it. I saw recent photos of him where he cut his hair, is it because he's done filming early? Tonight will bring us the answer. 

I'm counting on the actual episode going the opposite of the preview, lol and I doubt he'll die so soon too but getting stabbed (sword went through) = heavy injury. True that they are immortals but I'm counting on PD/writer to stay logical (otherwise it looks stupid and flawed that Yeon dies with one stab & Seon Ho lives!) *facepalm*

Which recent photo? The one in his IG? Woo Do Hwan's hair is longer than usual but he didn't grew it out like Sejong did. At the press con held on Nov 2, Sejong said in a month's time they will wrap up filming (his a month is also an approximate). So I'm guessing they'll finish around the same time as the finale episode.

• Like 3

So now we know what Whi's been up to for 6 years since he floated down that river after Yeon's ashes.  He has been attacking Namjeon by cutting down his supporters and stealing away his profits.  But he has also been recovering from the venom that was from Namjeon's dagger.  Bangwon saved him and nursed him back to health, and Heejae was there as he recovered.  But my guess is Whi, Bangwon and Heejae made plans about what to do next to take down Namjeon.

And he is now back in sync with Bangwon and Heejae.  Whi wants Namjeon to die in the most miserable way.  Bangwon will use him to take down Namjeon.  Heejae has her hands on the pulse of the royal court by having her people in the messenger and signal fire group, intercepting all royal communications.  She is their intelligence unit.  And Heejae now has the power she always wanted so that she can step in and protect Whi.  She now can take down royal ministers.

That simple scene where Heejae is bandaging up Whi and her hand touches his shoulder.  You can see all the cuts and scars on his body.  He doesn't pull away but gently puts his hand over hers.  She says,"I can neither tell you to keep going or to stop".  Then she leans forward and puts her cheek against his shoulder.  "If it is something you must do, I just hope it won't hurt you that much".  Awww!  She understands his grief, his anger and his hunger for revenge.  She understands he must do this to regain his heart and his life again.  She's not a pushy, weepy girlfriend, but someone who will support him and try to protect him if she can, even if she has to wait for him for many years.   There is no other man in her life - just Whi. She can only hope that once he gets his revenge for Yeon, he can come back and love her again.  And he realizes the path he is on is long and dangerous.  How can he love her when he only expects to die?

I don't get what Sunho is doing.  Even though he says again and again the next time he sees Whi he will kill him, instead he keeps saving him and covering for him.  He does it again.  Whi is suffering from the poison and can't even draw his sword in the bamboo grove.  Sunho could take him out right there and nobody would know. But he saves him again.   And is he Namjeon's sword now?  Which side is he on?  It seems he still wants the king to retain his power and through the king retain his own power.

I always love Whi and his 3 Musketeers, his brothers-in-arms.  They have been there for him through thick and thin.  But the best is Chi-do.  After Whi tells them that he plans to wreck Namjeon's world, Chi-do cheekily says,"And what happens after that?"  Only Chi-do can call Whi out and question the path he will take.  Chi-do continues, "Is it over when it's destroyed?  Will you die in peace because you vented your spite?  you owe someone your life, you pay back with your life.  That's what I learned from your father.  That's why I'm with you.  Just like how precious Yeon was to you, you're precious to some people. Don't forget that."  Wow.  Chi-do comes through again with thougthful wisdom.  He's talking about the three of them, and Heejae.  He's telling Whi to consider those who love him, too.  And how his death will affect them.  I hope the three of them survive until the end, I really do.

Next episode  (12) looks like its going to be a big and decisive one.   Can't wait to see what comes next!   

• Like 4

I had a feeling, from the beginning, that Hwi is the one who'll die in the end, or both of them, though everyone else thought Sunho will die. Though, I was and still rooting for a happy ending (which seems impossible). After yesterday's episode, things are heading towards death of Hwi, in short time, and clues are all over the place. Will there be a twist? Obviously the writer is good at this. Will they let each of the 3 young main leads witness finally the country he was longing for? That would be meaningful. I wish to see the legacy of Seogum live on for ages, as his words and influence are still alive, there has to be physical existence as well to complete that. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, r047 said:

I dont think he will die in ep 12 either. Actually with their current hairstyles under the hair-tie thingee, I think none of the actors need to grow out their hair at all, since we cannot see their hair anyway. The only person who need real long hair is Jang Hyuk. Anyone noticed Bang-won is the only person in the palace who does not wear a hat?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I dont think he will die in ep 12 either. Actually with their current hairstyles under the hair-tie thingee, I think none of the actors need to grow out their hair at all, since we cannot see their hair anyway. The only person who need real long hair is Jang Hyuk. Anyone noticed Bang-won is the only person in the palace who does not wear a hat?

YSJ has the longest hair of all. I think he's the only one who's filming with his own hair, maybe with few extensions. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, melp said:

The way Hwi reaches out for Hee Jae's hand on his back...that's enough for me. Even though he sits silently with his back towards her, and holds back emotion, that silent gesture is what I want to know from him. That for the last 6 years, Hee Jae is still the one he loves, no matter what he goes through - and Hee Jae understands that. Poor Hwi, with all the pain and rage -  long gone the poor but gentle boy whose wish is just to have enough food to take care of his sister. 

Part of Hwi dies, yes. The country he fights for no longer exists, just a path of revenge ahead of him. But deep down, he is still the Hwi that Hee Jae loves and he still loves her - he just can't promise any future with her. He doesn't try to drive her away anymore (frankly, that doesn't work) and accepts her help when necessary - I am satisfied with that.

Probably Hwi doesn't have much time left - shortly after the second strike maybe. So anymore rare OTP moment is welcome - these will be gems in Hee Jae's memories to keep her love alive when he's gone.

and the venom is still in his blood stream. Hwi has been taking pain killers to fight the pain of the venom and the medicine is harming himself too. Hwi knew he won't live that long but he just want to live long enough to kill Nam Jeon. Maybe this is the reason he stays away fro Hui Jae and not starting new life with her because he knew he himself is a ticking bomb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

and the venom is still in his blood stream. Hwi has been taking pain killers to fight the pain of the venom and the medicine is harming himself too. Hwi knew he won't live that long but he just want to live long enough to kill Nam Jeon. Maybe this is the reason he stays away fro Hui Jae and not starting new life with her because he knew he himself is a ticking bomb

No wonder he is staying away from her. He really doesn't have much time left. I hope he really does kill NJ the worst way.

I guess on that embroidery the crane represents Sunho and

Yeon was supposed to be a cloud.

Sophisticated.

I like that Sunho is still wearing that fabric around his sword.

It seems to be the only beautiful thing in his life. 

• Sad 1