Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

2 hours ago, byof said:

Mixed thoughts about this episode.

I couldn't help but not notice Hui Jae & Hui Jae's bodyguard run up to help, but then shown to be chilling as Yeon takes the blade in the stomach. Yeons death could have been set up and executed a whole lot better. There was also the instance at the start of the episode where Bang Won's bodyguard 'slashes' Hwi and he falls to the ground--except no blood, no wound to show afterwards. I mean was it all theatrics and we're being shown that Seon Ho is just blind and blatantly can't see he's getting pranked or...?

Nothing has yet to top that immortal Liaodong death squad assassin getting rammed in the chest with a sword by Hwi and waking up the next morning good as new, but still it's immersion breaking.

Haha yeah, I was thinking, which part of Hwi did Bang-won's bodyguard cut so seriously that cause Hwi to fall unconscious immediately? I thought he chopped off his hand or something, but then I checked the next scene, they are still intact. So... hmmm

Anyway here is preview and stills for ep 10 tonight

2019110201000131600006171.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha yeah, I was thinking, which part of Hwi did Bang-won's bodyguard cut so seriously that cause Hwi to fall unconscious immediately? I thought he chopped off his hand or something, but then I checked the next scene, they are still intact. So... hmmm

Anyway here is preview and stills for ep 10 tonight

Seon Ho had his hair up. Does this mean he will get married to someone because If I am right the way to determine a guy is married or single is from the hair. MArried man will have their haor tied up in a small bun on top of their head while single man will let their hair down. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Seon Ho had his hair up. Does this mean he will get married to someone because If I am right the way to determine a guy is married or single is from the hair. MArried man will have their haor tied up in a small bun on top of their head while single man will let their hair down. 

I thought his hair was tied up all along? Whenever he wears that official uniform he ties his hair up. This was from an older episode.

20191021_181223_4641.jpg

And some cute BTS

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, liltash85 said:

He has so many chances to betray his father and side with Bang Won but apparently he did not want to since start. Is it because he adores Yi Seong Gye that he did not want to be on Bang Won's side? I hope he redeemed himself and get on Bang Won's side. Together, I want Hwi, Seon Ho led by Bang Won to crush Nam Jeon and the queen. 

Seon Ho really want to free himself from his father to the point that he's even want to kill him actually but the thing is his father is his only way like a ladder to climb up in power since he is an illegitimate child from a lowborn mother. Seon Ho will never side with Bang Won since Bangwon straightforwardly told him that in his country illegitimate child like him will not have a place in the gov't and he'll even make sure that those who were in the place already will be removed. What Seon Ho desires is to have a power wherein he can make a country where like her mother which is of low status will have a decent life. He wants a country where birth status wouldn't matter which is opposite of what Bang Won wants since he's into absolute monarchy. This is why I understand why Seon Ho is doing the things that he does. I just hope that in the end he would still be on the winning side I don't know how it may happen but the boy deserves a happy ending after all he went through

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

Seon Ho really want to free himself from his father to the point that he's even want to kill him actually but the thing is his father is his only way like a ladder to climb up in power since he is an illegitimate child from a lowborn mother. Seon Ho will never side with Bang Won since Bangwon straightforwardly told him that in his country illegitimate child like him will not have a place in the gov't and he'll even make sure that those who were in the place already will be removed. What Seon Ho desires is to have a power wherein he can make a country where like her mother which is of low status will have a decent life. He wants a country where birth status wouldn't matter which is opposite of what Bang Won wants since he's into absolute monarchy. This is why I understand why Seon Ho is doing the things that he does. I just hope that in the end he would still be on the winning side I don't know how it may happen but the boy deserves a happy ending after all he went through

History cannot be written and Korean is known to follow history as close as possible. They won't change fact. And we know Bang Won is the winner of this war. The queen will die/be killed later and King Taejo (Yi Seong Gye) will die because of heartache. So, I am afraid Seon Ho will not get his happy ending. Don't get me wrong, I like him and I want he mend his bromance with Hwi but it seems impossible now. That short moment when they work together to fight those royal guards, I want more of that. I want them to fight on the same side. My heart can't bear to see that they will yield their swords towards each other. 

• Like 2

Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Jang Hyuk Talk About Working Together On “My Country”

d4c17fe6a1d547a79ea26a764327eef6.jpeg?s=

On November 1, Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, Jang Hyuk, AOA’s Seolhyun, and producing director (PD) Kim Jin Won attended a press conference for JTBC’s drama “My Country.” During the event, the actors and the director shared what it’s like working together and raised even more anticipation for upcoming episodes.

When asked how the filming is going now that the drama has entered the second half, Woo Do Hwan answered, “It feels like we are filming the drama with viewers. We gain strength to film by watching the reaction from viewers.”

The drama is both fictional and non-fictional as it features actual people from history and fictional characters. PD Kim Jin Won commented, “I put a fictional story on top of actual history. That’s why I am more concerned about [how to tell the story]. While the drama is based on the founding of the Joseon Dynasty, it’s more of a story about people who love their country instead of the story of the country being born. I worried that if I had featured characters with extravagant backgrounds, stories about people living ordinary lives would have been too weak.”

Jang Hyuk also commented on playing the role of Lee Bang Won for the second time. Lee Bang Won is the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo Dynasty to begin the Joseon Dynasty. Jang Hyuk played Lee Bang Won in the 2015 film “The Age of Innocence.” The actor stated, “The first time I played Lee Bang Won was a bit disappointing because the movie only lasts for two hours. Instead of featuring Lee Bang Won who chases after his dreams and desires, ‘My Country’ manages to tell the reason he had no choice but to become this person. I’m enjoying the drama because it allows me to imagine a different side of Lee Bang Won while reading the chronicles of him.”

Seolhyun talked about what she focused on the most while playing Han Hee Jae. She stated, “I consider [my role] as more like protecting loved ones instead of sacrificing myself for them. I’ve said even before the drama began that the country Hee Jae wishes for is a country where she can protect the ones she cherishes. I still have that in my mind.”

Lastly, the cast members talked about the chemistry between them. Woo Do Hwan stated, “I’m always amazed to see Jang Hyuk act. He gives me advice on action scenes and my acting, and there are even times when I feel upset because I can’t follow that advice. ‘My Country’ is a drama that allowed me to learn many things.”

Jang Hyuk stated, “I think highly of the junior actors’ attitudes. It’s hard to act based on one’s own preparations, but it’s even harder to take directions from someone else. However, they would participate in filming after listening to directions and applying the best advice to their acting. One of the charming points [of ‘My Country’] is that I get to film great scenes with great actors.”

The upcoming episode of “My Country” will air on November 2 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1363202wpp/yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-jang-hyuk-talk-about-working-together-on-my-country?fbclid=IwAR2UYc9tFmYFRx0omJH7DwOrnsKoGm-X2vXWgbtQUcH2UB2NbwGJZhZr7pA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Isn't this rule apply on woman in that era? Never knew about man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Second OST "You Are Standing On The Scene Of The Memory"  to be released tonight 2 Nov sang by Ock joo-hyun

http://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1111253003

Oh the OTP feel 

Starting from episode 8, I can see a Hwi that truly longs a future with HJ. The way he gently holds her hand and tells her about not wanting to wake up from a dream of good memories, the way he kisses her...See, life is so much easier when he lets her in. 

But sadly, that's also when the tragedy begins again.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Isn't this rule apply on woman in that era? Never knew about man.

The Moon that Embraces the Sun Ep 06.avi_003112412

Sangtu (상투): This was the ordinary hairstyle for the men of the Joseon Dynasty, especially among the noblemen and the scholars. The hair was pulled into a topknot and a headband, manggeon, was used to hold the hair in place. Manggeon was also used to hold the headgears in place. The topknot was a sign of manhood for the men since they would start to wear their hair into a topknot when they got married, as they used to marry at a young age

Chuno.E11.100211.HDTV.XviD-UDiNG.avi_002026559

Minsangtu (민상투): It’s the topknot for the lower class men and its difference compared to sangtu was the absence of manggeon.

I learned about the different hairstyle when watching Scarlet Heart Ryeo when I noticed the princes has different hairstyles. Some of them had the topknot and others had their hair down. Then one of the forummer told me about the hair indicates their different marital status. Married men will hair tied up into topknot while young boys/unmarried man will have their hair let down. Later in drama, I realized Wang Eun, Wang So and Wang Jung changed their hairstyle when they got married. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, melp said:

Oh the OTP feel 

Starting from episode 8, I can see a Hwi that truly longs a future with HJ. The way he gently holds her hand and tells her about not wanting to wake up from a dream of good memories, the way he kisses her...See, life is so much easier when he lets her in. 

But sadly, that's also when the tragedy begins again.

We can see he's finally welcoming her to his life, that's when things started to be peaceful finally, it was the calm that preceded the storm. Such a dynamic and tragic drama not allowing us to take a breath and enjoy happy moments fully to shock us with the next. I'm looking forward to today's episode, in that regard, I want to see how HJ consoles and supports Hwi.

Seems they will part ways in the end and maybe a time leap that takes us to the very first scene of the drama: Hwi vs. Sunho. I'm already excited! 

• Like 2

I dont understand why Yeon had to have such an end.

She and Sunho were not a romantic couple, but their scenes were somehow 

warm and lively.  :wub:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

She and Sunho were not a romantic couple, but their scenes were somehow 

warm and lively.  :wub:

I was actually rooting for them to be a couple in the future because I think Seun-ho may eventually grow to love her as he's already protective of her. Also, among everyone else, it is Yeon who sees the good in Seun-ho and actually calms him down in a way. Seun-ho is the kind of person who needs someone who believes in him so he doesn't completely go over to the dark side. Yeon does that for Seun-ho so it's sad that what happened to her.

I just watched the rest of Episode 9 and yes, I agree with everyone. Sun-ho's face when he learned that Hwi is still alive is grade A acting. 

Also, I agree with everyone else who thinks that Seun-ho should have left his father and gone over to Bang-won's side along with Hwi. However, his character is written such that he's full of resentment over his entire life that his sole goal is to gain power to make up for those ill feelings he's always had. He won't be able to accomplish his goal without his father who is close to the king. Remember when he told Hwi not to destroy his family? I think it's because Seun-ho's family name will help him gain power. Without Nam Jeon, Seun-ho would just be an illegitimate son and he will be treated like Hwi. He doesn't like being treated like that anymore so he wants to be in power. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cheezukaeku said:

I came to this forum just to write that I cannot believe we went through all that just to end up with Yeon dead :tears:

The most innocent one and also the most vulnerable.

Hwi has quality of a warrior but he doesn't become one by his own choice - he is forced to become one. He wants to walk away and has a peaceful life; however I am sure Yeon's death will set him to a very different and much darker path. 

Oh my, Yeon thinks about Seon Ho even in her last breath. :tears: And Hee Jae tells Seon Ho that Yeon waited for him until the end - it breaks him. Damn, I am crying when Seon Ho cries. Terrific acting from both actors.

Lady Seol also passes away. It is really an episode of loss and pain for all three main leads :dissapointed_relieved:

I also notice Seon Ho has the band Yeon made for him wrapped around his sword. Like how Hwi has Hee Jae's bandage around his bow all the time now. Such symbol of affections are still around until the scene of the First Strike of Princes in episode 1.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Packed with melancholy, sad episode indeed, left me with a deeeep impression. 

The one scene that really touched my heart was when Hwi put on the pink shoes on Yeon, and it was followed by the second pair as well. Korean version of Cinderella, wearing it as a dead body. I couldn't help but shed tears. 

I'll come back later to share my thoughts :tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, liltash85 said:

History cannot be written and Korean is known to follow history as close as possible. They won't change fact. And we know Bang Won is the winner of this war. The queen will die/be killed later and King Taejo (Yi Seong Gye) will die because of heartache. So, I am afraid Seon Ho will not get his happy ending. Don't get me wrong, I like him and I want he mend his bromance with Hwi but it seems impossible now. That short moment when they work together to fight those royal guards, I want more of that. I want them to fight on the same side. My heart can't bear to see that they will yield their swords towards each other. 

I'm actually watching this drama with the idea that Seon Ho is gonna die so it wouldn't hurt that much when it happens later. This guy just won't survive historically speaking and even if he is he won't still get a happy ending again historically speaking :( :( :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Done watching episode 10 on Netflix at 2am! OMG I cannot stop crying for the first 45 minutes. This episode is much sadder than yesterday’s. Yeon’s death really affected both Hwi and Seon Ho. She is Hwi only family that he sacrificed so much to protect and to Seon Ho, she is the only person who like him and trusted him.

Nam Jeon has made himself 2 heartless enemies and for the first time I saw him fear of Seon Ho when he changed after Yeon’s death. It’s like he knows he either died in the hands of Hwi or his own son. 

I’m glad the queen is dead (one enemy down)  but definitely the queen didn’t do as what Bang won asked her to do because the crown prince is still living in the palace and not being extradited. 

Yi Bang Won is the most patience character in this drama. He ‘calmly’ stayed by his father’s side. Seeing his youngest brother as crown prince, seeing his biggest enemy everyday in the palace and let him ‘advise’ the king. But he just calmly monitored the situation for 6 years. Now it making more sense why they cast Jang Hyuk for this character coz not many actors can be Bang Won. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

10 hours ago, cheezukaeku said:

I came to this forum just to write that I cannot believe we went through all that just to end up with Yeon dead :tears:

Yeah, that was... :blink:

I mean, I was :tears: but also really :huh::unsure:

Because that warrior from Ihwaru was standing right there next to Hee-Jae, doing nothing.

For some reason, it was up to Hwi to save Yeon with his arrows, but then he missed one step because of the poisoned wound in his chest - and so Yeon ends up dying? And that guy right behind Yeon? Doing nothing?

Narratively, it makes sense that Yeon dies. Because that's what transforms Hwi into the Hulk or whatever. But dude, that guy with a sword who's ostentibly trained to protect others, just stands there, and lets Yeon die right in front of him... WHUT.

• Like 3