Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's good to see the actors among the hot topics on Naver, a while ago it was Jang Hyuk and now YSJ is topping the list among the hot search topics, I hope it reflects on the ratings, I want to see a leap because today's episode was really Daebak!! 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First look of Lee Bang Won  

For those who are not aware, there was actually a time jump of 4 years from ep 4-5. 1388 - YSG did the Wihwado retreat 1392 - YSG becomes the king   The little boy should have grow

DAMN,this is immoral,to expect us to wait till Friday after that freaking cliffhanger!!!!   I'm quite sure that Hwi double plotted with Bang Won to cross Nam Jeon and go all out with the ass

Whew! That was really heavy, black, and sad. Just when things started to brighten ahead of Hwi, everything collapsed again.

 

Namjeon, I hate you. If this means anything it would mean how the actor did an excellent job in portraying the character. Another character to add to my blacklist following this episode is the queen. The weakest character would be Yi Seunggye. 

 

Bangwon and Hwi executed the plan beautifully, to be ruined in the end by giving Namjeon his freedom. It's frustrating that all the lives that were lost and the efforts are now all in vain. 

 

Some of the funny scenes I liked was when they were teasing Hwi with the band lol and the whole table scene, to see some happy moments in this dark drama is rare and precious, not to forget Hwi and Huijae moments. Oh and that where Hwi was running to meet with Yeon, aww he was just like a young boy. YSJ is so manly yet babyfaced and gives you innocent vibes. 

 

I really loved Sunho in this episode. I really loved the tears of happiness when he knew Hwi was alive. Well done WDH. I was super excited when he was fighting alongside Hwi in the end and thought that the bromance we loved might be seen again :w00t:, that was too short. 

 

Hwi promised Huijae he'll be back and won't let her wait more. This promise gave me hope in a happy ending, yet in the preview, it's like he surrendered and will not let Yeon wait more. Life has no taste, no color for Hwi now. Yeon told him that he hasn't changed, is it finally the turning point for him? Let's see how his character changes. 

 

Can't predict what will happen in tomorrow's episode but I'm preparing myself for much sobbing. YSJ is a master of emotional scenes he lets you get so immersed with him as if it is a true loss, not a mere drama :tears: 

 

Actors are doing a great job here and we're watching a masterpiece, but the ratings? I was trying not to think of it much but even Koreans are surprised with the numbers. Vagabond did not air as well I was expecting much rise thanks to that but they're stable. Other than that I see that the drama is a huge success. I hope that does not frustrate our cast and I hope they'll get many awards in the end of the year, that I'm sure of! 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We cannot fully expect ratings to increase as this is a cable TV drama. Kudos to the cast and the production team for giving us a wonderful drama.

 

I have one issue regarding the female lead and this is personal. Is she afraid of crumpling her stiff face? She displays just one expression, brows furrowed slightly, tight lips, wide eyes. That's all you get from her. Whatever emotion she's supposed to display, what you get is her stoic face. She might have been good in a few of her dramas, but she's lacking in the emotional department here. I compare her acting to the nuances of the facial expressions and delivery of lines of the actress playing Yeon and even the gisaeng who's HJ's friend. For me, these two ladies' acting is more natural.

 

Sun Ho's eyes are expressive, so they count and I love that he always has a warm and gentle smile for Yeon. He has to remain firm and bottle everything inside, from the insults he receives for being the son of a concubine to being forced to live with a heartless father, getting a position due to his father's clout to being forced by circumstances to part ways with his only true friends. In the first episode, I think he wants to prevent Hwi from killing his father not because he wants to save his father's life, but rather save his friends life by killing his father himself, the father he's hated all his life.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ep 9 Knetz comments


1.    The best drama to renew my number one drama. The drama is has no redundancy (271 -8)

2.    What's the rating? It's really fun. (+211 -6)

3.    It has the best acting, best directing, best historical drama. (+130 -4)

4.    Daebak! It’s a pity there is only 16 episodes (+72 -3)

5.    Addictive drama ~ (+41 -2)


https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000197097

 

1.    I can't believe Kite died in vain after struggling so hard to be alive (+153 -3)

2.    All the leading and supporting actors are so good… If you want to find a loophole, it’ll be that bodyguard of Ihwaru? He only holds a sword, yet he's not talking, he's not fighting. (+86 -7)

3.    Jang Hyuk. He's crazy. He's cool. (+82 -7)

4.    Hurry up tomorrow andᅲᅲᅲᅲ Woo Do Hwan is so cool.... ᅲᅲᅲᅲ (+59 -7)

5.    Jang Hyuk is really good at acting! (+40 -4)


https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=108&aid=0002820894
 

 

1.    Woo Do Hwan is so great today! When he cried when asking if he was still alive, my face was crumpling. (+219 -11)

2.    Jang Hyuk’s acting without lines was so good (+151 -4)

3.    Shouldn't Jang Hyuk be in the main poster? Jang Hyuk, Ahn Nae-sang, Kim Young-chul are the main characters, and the rest seems to be supporting roles. (+111 -20)

4.    Seolhyun, what's wrong with her bodyguard? Yeon ㅜㅜ(+89 -5)

5.    Jang Hyuk's acting is so good, Lee Bang-won is so charming. I hope the tempo can be increased a bit (+71 -4)


https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000197054

 


201911020844508010_1_20191102084702633.j

 

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reddragon said:

I have one issue regarding the female lead and this is personal. Is she afraid of crumpling her stiff face? She displays just one expression, brows furrowed slightly, tight lips, wide eyes. That's all you get from her. Whatever emotion she's supposed to display, what you get is her stoic face.

I agree but I've stopped myself from commenting about her acting because she's from a girl group and others may say the criticism is just hate. But yes, I agree. It's one of the reasons why I'm not that invested in the romantic relationship. There's something lacking there - a depth in emotion, a deeper understanding of the character? You can tell she's acting when in the case of other actors, it's like they're living and breathing the characters they play. Anyway, I think it's good that the story is great because it carries everyone. You don't distance yourself from the show as a viewer just because you can't connect with one character because the story is great, it makes you want to watch more of it. 

 

I started watching the new episode early morning and I must admit I slept mid-way. I'll continue watching it now but based on posts here, it seems there's going to be a sad ending. :bawling:

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed thoughts about this episode.

 

I couldn't help but not notice Hui Jae & Hui Jae's bodyguard run up to help, but then shown to be chilling as Yeon takes the blade in the stomach. Yeons death could have been set up and executed a whole lot better. There was also the instance at the start of the episode where Bang Won's bodyguard 'slashes' Hwi and he falls to the ground--except no blood, no wound to show afterwards. I mean was it all theatrics and we're being shown that Seon Ho is just blind and blatantly can't see he's getting pranked or...?

 

Nothing has yet to top that immortal Liaodong death squad assassin getting rammed in the chest with a sword by Hwi and waking up the next morning good as new, but still it's immersion breaking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
12 hours ago, melp said:

Seon Ho is someone I simply can't hate. Because I can understand why he does the things he does. And he is so lonely. 

 

Honestly, so far I feel sorry for him much more than Hwi. Hwi has good leadership and he is a true warrior. He has a girl who loves him wholeheartedly, an innocent sister to protect and a squad of loyal brothers. Of course he doesn't get love, friendship and loyalty for free: there are things he risks to life to get and people are drawn to him because of his quality.

 

Seon Ho only has Hwi as a friend. His only friend who he truly loves, just that he loves himself more. HJ is all for Hwi's sake. His father is simple a bastard. The only one who truly cares for him is Hwi's innocent sister - Seon Ho cares about her like his own sister too but without any romantic feeling.

 

It's Seon Ho who helps Hwi fight to register his name. It's also him who encourages Hwi to participate in the hunt as a way to be recognized despite his low status. He saves Hwi's sister not with the original intention of using her even though he has to threaten his father. At least at first, he chooses to forfeit his friendship with Hwi and makes himself a bad guy in front of Hwi somehow for Hwi's sake. I can never forget how he used to stand up for Hwi and cared for Soyeon. 

 

I feel bad for Seon Ho when he learns that HJ is at Ihwaru during Hwi's assassination attempt - the way he rushes to that place with the hope that HJ doesn't see Hwi to explain himself. I don't think he harbors hope of getting her love but knowing she doesn't want to lose him a friend and that she understands the bad things happened to Hwi were due to his father are actually what he needs to hear. Someone like Seon Ho can go into the right direction with the right guidance and encouragement. The way HJ harshly scolds him, telling him he is exactly like his father is what he truly dreads to hear - now he even loses her as a casual friend. She is among very few people who sees or at least saw the good in him and does not use him for advantage. And when he comes back from the prison, being torture, he gets another slap from her. Not that such slap isn't undeserving -  just that for Seon Ho "when it rains, it pours". 

 

Even with all the terrible things Seon Ho does, I sympathize with him and I feel sorry for him for losing everything that he once treasured. He wants Hwi's friendship but he can't just continue to have that - I never sense that he wants Hwi to die at all no matter that Hwi may do, at least until now.  Bound by his own tragedy and inferior complex, he can't rise above that and wants power to solve something that can't be solved. He wants a friend like Hwi, a sister like Soyeon, a lover like HJ. Too bad, he can't.  

 

In tonight's episode, we see how Seon Ho cares  and tries to reach out for Hwi when he thinks that Hwi is in danger and eventually get killed. He cares for Hwi like the old Seon Ho would certainly do. How he risks his life to get Yeon out and almost gets killed if Hwi's brothers do not get there in time. But that's also the end of his friendship with Hwi: When Hwi fights to destroy his father by faking his death, that destroys Seon Ho too.  If were Seon Ho, I would feel betrayed and shake any good feeling I have about Hwi too. 

 

What a great pity seeing two friends turn enemies like that.

 

Hwi is not someone I am worry for. There are people who will always have his back. He never seems to be able to die anyway that his hardship can be tedious and tiring at times. It's Seon Ho who has nothing and I can't wait to see him redeem himself at the end. So yes, I can say that I don't really care much about Hwi's journey now but Seon Ho's. 

 


 

I binged watched all 9 episodes in 1 day and I agree with this!

 

Although I like all the characters...Seon Ho is the shining star for me. You can see the evil he’s capable of And his willingness to trample over others to get power and status........ he wants so badly to cut ties with one person holding him back, Hwi.........................but. he. just. can’t. do. it.

 

how many times has he told Hwi that their friendship was over? Yet Seon Ho comes swooping in, trying to save his pal every. single. time. Gosh, it’s so complex and interesting.

 

Hwi and HJ are cute and all....but the real heartbreak is between Hwi and Seon Ho. I just can’t wait to see how it ends...it’s going to be a tear jerker

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, melp said:

Seon Ho is someone I simply can't hate. Because I can understand why he does the things he does. And he is so lonely. 

 

Honestly, so far I feel sorry for him much more than Hwi. Hwi has good leadership and he is a true warrior. He has a girl who loves him wholeheartedly, an innocent sister to protect and a squad of loyal brothers. Of course he doesn't get love, friendship and loyalty for free: there are things he risks to life to get and people are drawn to him because of his quality.

 

Seon Ho only has Hwi as a friend. His only friend who he truly loves, just that he loves himself more. HJ is all for Hwi's sake. His father is simple a bastard. The only one who truly cares for him is Hwi's innocent sister - Seon Ho cares about her like his own sister too but without any romantic feeling.

 

It's Seon Ho who helps Hwi fight to register his name. It's also him who encourages Hwi to participate in the hunt as a way to be recognized despite his low status. He saves Hwi's sister not with the original intention of using her even though he has to threaten his father. At least at first, he chooses to forfeit his friendship with Hwi and makes himself a bad guy in front of Hwi somehow for Hwi's sake. I can never forget how he used to stand up for Hwi and cared for Soyeon. 

 

I feel bad for Seon Ho when he learns that HJ is at Ihwaru during Hwi's assassination attempt - the way he rushes to that place with the hope that HJ doesn't see Hwi to explain himself. I don't think he harbors hope of getting her love but knowing she doesn't want to lose him a friend and that she understands the bad things happened to Hwi were due to his father are actually what he needs to hear. Someone like Seon Ho can go into the right direction with the right guidance and encouragement. The way HJ harshly scolds him, telling him he is exactly like his father is what he truly dreads to hear - now he even loses her as a casual friend. She is among very few people who sees or at least saw the good in him and does not use him for advantage. And when he comes back from the prison, being torture, he gets another slap from her. Not that such slap isn't undeserving -  just that for Seon Ho "when it rains, it pours". 

 

Even with all the terrible things Seon Ho does, I sympathize with him and I feel sorry for him for losing everything that he once treasured. He wants Hwi's friendship but he can't just continue to have that - I never sense that he wants Hwi to die at all no matter that Hwi may do, at least until now.  Bound by his own tragedy and inferior complex, he can't rise above that and wants power to solve something that can't be solved. He wants a friend like Hwi, a sister like Soyeon, a lover like HJ. Too bad, he can't.  

 

In tonight's episode, we see how Seon Ho cares  and tries to reach out for Hwi when he thinks that Hwi is in danger and eventually get killed. He cares for Hwi like the old Seon Ho would certainly do. How he risks his life to get Yeon out and almost gets killed if Hwi's brothers do not get there in time. But that's also the end of his friendship with Hwi: When Hwi fights to destroy his father by faking his death, that destroys Seon Ho too.  If were Seon Ho, I would feel betrayed and shake any good feeling I have about Hwi too. 

 

What a great pity seeing two friends turn enemies like that.

 

Hwi is not someone I am worry for. There are people who will always have his back. He never seems to be able to die anyway that his hardship can be tedious and tiring at times. It's Seon Ho who has nothing and I can't wait to see him redeem himself at the end. So yes, I can say that I don't really care much about Hwi's journey now but Seon Ho's. 

 I cannot hate Seon Ho too, but what makes me wonders is why did he chose to stay by his father's side when he knew that he is heartless and did not care if he live or die. He can continue being an official without living as his father's shadow. He can join hands with Bang Won and takes his father's down. He can reveal all his dad's secret plan to Bang Won and let Bang Won do all the work to assasinate his dad. Or he can used he influenced with the king, to make his dad being punished. With the brain he has, he can do so much but he chose the wrong side and that what makes him becomes lonelier. His decision to stick being the son of Nam Jeon and protecting the house of Nam what makes him lost Hwi. Hwi already forgiven him and save him when he was attacked in Liaodong. But what did he do the moment he regain his conciousness? He pushes Hwi away and used him as bait and become his dad's puppet again to assasinate Bang Won. 

 

I know Seon Ho still cares for Hwi, we can see that by how he protects Yeon and how he cried tonight. But, he will not go anywherre if he still live under his father's shadow. He needs to break free from him. The longer he stays with his father, the more enemy he will get and this includes Bang Won. This is not good because even the king is afraid of his own son. 

 

I could not blame HJ for being mad at him too. What she said is true. One way or another, Seon Ho did used Hwi to get his mission done. He plans to kill that minister but he did not get his hands dirty on it. He asked Hwi to do and the one who will become fugitive is Hwi. His actions also makes Bang Won suspected Hwi. So like HJ said he did tramples and used people for his own good including his best friend. This what make HJ more mad at him. Because among all people, Seon Ho should be the one who know how pitiful Hwi is. Instead of helping Hwi to get Yeon back, he used him for his mission. If you look at a bigger picture, Hwi did not benefit anything of this big war. He did not has power or position to protect, his only family is gone now, warriors like him can easily be forgotten and it's not that his low status will be elevate. His goal is only to kill Nam Jeon and Seon Ho is not making it easy for him. 

 

 

episode 9 is really a tear jerker episode for me. Both Hwi and Seon Ho makes me cry buckets. And why did they killed Yeon? Why did they take the only family Hwi has? N i think the real deal starts now. He has nothing to loose and I could not wait for him to go full force to kill Nam Jeon. I think Hwi has lost all hopes to stay alive. He knew that he will die at the end because of the poison but before that definitely he will kill Nam Jeon. I hope Seon Ho will not stop him (tho this won't be the case). We know from the begining of epi 1, Seon Ho will stop Hwi from killing his father. (Gosh Seon Ho, why are you so stupid and still wants to protect your old man?). I seriously cannot read Seon Ho. He is being very obvious that he hates his father but he seems cannot free himself from him. One minute he is determine to take his father down and the next minute he is back being the little kid who is tied by the neck by his dad. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

 I cannot hate Seon Ho too, but what makes me wonders is why did he chose to stay by his father's side when he knew that he is heartless and did not care if he live or die. He can continue being an official without living as his father's shadow. He can join hands with Bang Won and takes his father's down. He can reveal all his dad's secret plan to Bang Won and let Bang Won do all the work to assasinate his dad. Or he can used he influenced with the king, to make his dad being punished. With the brain he has, he can do so much but he chose the wrong side and that what makes him becomes lonelier. His decision to stick being the son of Nam Jeon and protecting the house of Nam what makes him lost Hwi. Hwi already forgiven him and save him when he was attacked in Liaodong. But what did he do the moment he regain his conciousness? He pushes Hwi away and used him as bait and become his dad's puppet again to assasinate Bang Won. 

 

I know Seon Ho still cares for Hwi, we can see that by how he protects Yeon and how he cried tonight. But, he will not go anywherre if he still live under his father's shadow. He needs to break free from him. The longer he stays with his father, the more enemy he will get and this includes Bang Won. This is not good because even the king is afraid of his own son. 

 

I could not blame HJ for being mad at him too. What she said is true. One way or another, Seon Ho did used Hwi to get his mission done. He plans to kill that minister but he did not get his hands dirty on it. He asked Hwi to do and the one who will become fugitive is Hwi. His actions also makes Bang Won suspected Hwi. So like HJ said he did tramples and used people for his own good including his best friend. This what make HJ more mad at him. Because among all people, Seon Ho should be the one who know how pitiful Hwi is. Instead of helping Hwi to get Yeon back, he used him for his mission. If you look at a bigger picture, Hwi did not benefit anything of this big war. He did not has power or position to protect, his only family is gone now, warriors like him can easily be forgotten and it's not that his low status will be elevate. His goal is only to kill Nam Jeon and Seon Ho is not making it easy for him. 

 

 

Seon Ho does want to break free from his father's shadow and disobeys him when his conscience calls for it. I don't really understand why he can't seem to leave his father either  when he surely understands that his father doesn't really consider him a son. Is this because he truly wants his father to recognize him and love him for who he is? Like we all want something we can't have, a kid wishing to catch a moon though it is an impossible thing to do. 

 

Between Bangwon and the King, Seon Ho just seems to pick the wrong tree to support. Like how his father tends to side with the Queen, Seon Ho will also be at odds with Bangwon too because of political conflict. In such political situations, officials need to pick sides and Seon Ho picks the wrong side from the start, offering his loyalty to the King and the young Crown Prince. Too bad we know how the history ends. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, melp said:

 

Seon Ho does want to break free from his father's shadow and disobeys him when his conscience calls for it. I don't really understand why he can't seem to leave his father either  when he surely understands that his father doesn't really consider him a son. Is this because he truly wants his father to recognize him and love him for who he is? Like we all want something we can't have, a kid wishing to catch a moon though it is an impossible thing to do. 

 

Between Bangwon and the King, Seon Ho just seems to pick the wrong tree to support. Like how his father tends to side with the Queen, Seon Ho will also be at odds with Bangwon too because of political conflict. In such political situations, officials need to pick sides and Seon Ho picks the wrong side from the start, offering his loyalty to the King and the young Crown Prince. Too bad we know how the history ends. 

 

He has so many chances to betray his father and side with Bang Won but apparently he did not want to since start. Is it because he adores Yi Seong Gye that he did not want to be on Bang Won's side? I hope he redeemed himself and get on Bang Won's side. Together, I want Hwi, Seon Ho led by Bang Won to crush Nam Jeon and the queen. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, byof said:

Mixed thoughts about this episode.

 

I couldn't help but not notice Hui Jae & Hui Jae's bodyguard run up to help, but then shown to be chilling as Yeon takes the blade in the stomach. Yeons death could have been set up and executed a whole lot better. There was also the instance at the start of the episode where Bang Won's bodyguard 'slashes' Hwi and he falls to the ground--except no blood, no wound to show afterwards. I mean was it all theatrics and we're being shown that Seon Ho is just blind and blatantly can't see he's getting pranked or...?

 

Nothing has yet to top that immortal Liaodong death squad assassin getting rammed in the chest with a sword by Hwi and waking up the next morning good as new, but still it's immersion breaking.

 

Haha yeah, I was thinking, which part of Hwi did Bang-won's bodyguard cut so seriously that cause Hwi to fall unconscious immediately? I thought he chopped off his hand or something, but then I checked the next scene, they are still intact. So... hmmm

 

Anyway here is preview and stills for ep 10 tonight

 

 

2019110201000131600006171.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

 

Haha yeah, I was thinking, which part of Hwi did Bang-won's bodyguard cut so seriously that cause Hwi to fall unconscious immediately? I thought he chopped off his hand or something, but then I checked the next scene, they are still intact. So... hmmm

 

Anyway here is preview and stills for ep 10 tonight

 

 

 

 

 

Seon Ho had his hair up. Does this mean he will get married to someone because If I am right the way to determine a guy is married or single is from the hair. MArried man will have their haor tied up in a small bun on top of their head while single man will let their hair down. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Seon Ho had his hair up. Does this mean he will get married to someone because If I am right the way to determine a guy is married or single is from the hair. MArried man will have their haor tied up in a small bun on top of their head while single man will let their hair down. 

 

I thought his hair was tied up all along? Whenever he wears that official uniform he ties his hair up. This was from an older episode.

 

20191021_181223_4641.jpg

 

And some cute BTS

 

 

 
Spoiler

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, liltash85 said:

He has so many chances to betray his father and side with Bang Won but apparently he did not want to since start. Is it because he adores Yi Seong Gye that he did not want to be on Bang Won's side? I hope he redeemed himself and get on Bang Won's side. Together, I want Hwi, Seon Ho led by Bang Won to crush Nam Jeon and the queen. 

Seon Ho really want to free himself from his father to the point that he's even want to kill him actually but the thing is his father is his only way like a ladder to climb up in power since he is an illegitimate child from a lowborn mother. Seon Ho will never side with Bang Won since Bangwon straightforwardly told him that in his country illegitimate child like him will not have a place in the gov't and he'll even make sure that those who were in the place already will be removed. What Seon Ho desires is to have a power wherein he can make a country where like her mother which is of low status will have a decent life. He wants a country where birth status wouldn't matter which is opposite of what Bang Won wants since he's into absolute monarchy. This is why I understand why Seon Ho is doing the things that he does. I just hope that in the end he would still be on the winning side I don't know how it may happen but the boy deserves a happy ending after all he went through

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

Seon Ho really want to free himself from his father to the point that he's even want to kill him actually but the thing is his father is his only way like a ladder to climb up in power since he is an illegitimate child from a lowborn mother. Seon Ho will never side with Bang Won since Bangwon straightforwardly told him that in his country illegitimate child like him will not have a place in the gov't and he'll even make sure that those who were in the place already will be removed. What Seon Ho desires is to have a power wherein he can make a country where like her mother which is of low status will have a decent life. He wants a country where birth status wouldn't matter which is opposite of what Bang Won wants since he's into absolute monarchy. This is why I understand why Seon Ho is doing the things that he does. I just hope that in the end he would still be on the winning side I don't know how it may happen but the boy deserves a happy ending after all he went through

History cannot be written and Korean is known to follow history as close as possible. They won't change fact. And we know Bang Won is the winner of this war. The queen will die/be killed later and King Taejo (Yi Seong Gye) will die because of heartache. So, I am afraid Seon Ho will not get his happy ending. Don't get me wrong, I like him and I want he mend his bromance with Hwi but it seems impossible now. That short moment when they work together to fight those royal guards, I want more of that. I want them to fight on the same side. My heart can't bear to see that they will yield their swords towards each other. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Jang Hyuk Talk About Working Together On “My Country”

 

d4c17fe6a1d547a79ea26a764327eef6.jpeg?s=

On November 1, Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, Jang Hyuk, AOA’s Seolhyun, and producing director (PD) Kim Jin Won attended a press conference for JTBC’s drama “My Country.” During the event, the actors and the director shared what it’s like working together and raised even more anticipation for upcoming episodes.

 

When asked how the filming is going now that the drama has entered the second half, Woo Do Hwan answered, “It feels like we are filming the drama with viewers. We gain strength to film by watching the reaction from viewers.”

 

The drama is both fictional and non-fictional as it features actual people from history and fictional characters. PD Kim Jin Won commented, “I put a fictional story on top of actual history. That’s why I am more concerned about [how to tell the story]. While the drama is based on the founding of the Joseon Dynasty, it’s more of a story about people who love their country instead of the story of the country being born. I worried that if I had featured characters with extravagant backgrounds, stories about people living ordinary lives would have been too weak.”

 

Jang Hyuk also commented on playing the role of Lee Bang Won for the second time. Lee Bang Won is the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo Dynasty to begin the Joseon Dynasty. Jang Hyuk played Lee Bang Won in the 2015 film “The Age of Innocence.” The actor stated, “The first time I played Lee Bang Won was a bit disappointing because the movie only lasts for two hours. Instead of featuring Lee Bang Won who chases after his dreams and desires, ‘My Country’ manages to tell the reason he had no choice but to become this person. I’m enjoying the drama because it allows me to imagine a different side of Lee Bang Won while reading the chronicles of him.”

 

Seolhyun talked about what she focused on the most while playing Han Hee Jae. She stated, “I consider [my role] as more like protecting loved ones instead of sacrificing myself for them. I’ve said even before the drama began that the country Hee Jae wishes for is a country where she can protect the ones she cherishes. I still have that in my mind.”

 

Lastly, the cast members talked about the chemistry between them. Woo Do Hwan stated, “I’m always amazed to see Jang Hyuk act. He gives me advice on action scenes and my acting, and there are even times when I feel upset because I can’t follow that advice. ‘My Country’ is a drama that allowed me to learn many things.”

 

Jang Hyuk stated, “I think highly of the junior actors’ attitudes. It’s hard to act based on one’s own preparations, but it’s even harder to take directions from someone else. However, they would participate in filming after listening to directions and applying the best advice to their acting. One of the charming points [of ‘My Country’] is that I get to film great scenes with great actors.”

 

The upcoming episode of “My Country” will air on November 2 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1363202wpp/yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-jang-hyuk-talk-about-working-together-on-my-country?fbclid=IwAR2UYc9tFmYFRx0omJH7DwOrnsKoGm-X2vXWgbtQUcH2UB2NbwGJZhZr7pA

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..