[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

I find it funny how every teaser has a shirtless scenes the director is taking full advantage of the cast :lol:. And Jang Hyuk is just amazing i love how he sounds like a snake which's my impression of the real LBW. I'm glad he's an antagonist here. It was painful to watch him being glorified and excused in SFX. And got tone of fangirls shielding him cause he was played by an attractive actor with a fictional spin of the history while attacking kind of heroic and Genius figure like JDJ. I think i might find Janghyuk's LBW charming just as a character in a show if he was portrayed as the brutal and greedy person he was. Just my opinion.

• Like 5

Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Yang Se Jong Face Their Fate In Teaser For New Historical Drama

2c9bb61fb1b64b8f9b294bd7fcf15e13.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “My Country” (literal title) has released an emotional new preview!

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. The drama stars Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

The teaser begins with Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong) saying to Nam Sun Ho, “You said you’ll reverse your fate. Do it. If it’s you, I know you can. I want to see how far we can go. That way, we can take hold of this rotten world.”

On the other hand, Han Hee Jae (played by AOA’s Seolhyun) is asked, “Exactly what kind of relationship is it?” and she replies, “It’s destiny. Is that enough for an answer?” When she is sternly told to break it off, Han Hee Jae tearfully asks, “Is that how you lived?”

Over an intense battle, a bloodstained Lee Bang Won (played by Jang Hyuk) taunts another man by saying, “The new world is not your domain. It’s my father’s.” In another scene, Nam Sun Ho tells Lee Saek (played by Lee Seung Chul), “The events that occur from now on will be buried by my hand. You needn’t concern yourself with it.” The clip ends with a mysterious voice saying, “Everything starts with you.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1351790wpp/watch-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-yang-se-jong-face-their-fate-in-teaser-for-new-historical-drama

• Like 5

2 hours ago, r047 said:

Is it just me? I still don't get the storyline :lol: who's fighting against who, who loves who lol

Me too lol. It's confusing but I'm gonna tune in for JH Oppa Imao. Looks like he is playing a villian.

• Like 4

I'm not sure what is the difference between Goryeo and Saeguk but this type of historical drama is the one I like. Sonmething  similar to Chuno and Tree With Deep Roots. 

cr as tag.

I've watch the dramas of the Writer and Director. I want to see good cinematography, execution and of course acting.

Director: Kim Jin-Won ( Rain or Shine, The Package , Wonderful Days , The Innocent Man)

Writer: Chae Seung-Dae ( The Master of Revenge )

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm not sure what is the difference between Goryeo and Saeguk but this type of historical drama is the one I like. Sonmething  similar to Chuno and Tree With Deep Roots. 

As much as i know Goryeo is a kingdom's name that's existed in what's called Korea currently. My Country takes place on the time of fallen Goryeo by the hands of the establishers of Joseon dynasty which JH's character and his father are part of. They raised from being warriors family to be kings by taking down Goryeo. While Sageuk is the genre of historical dramas and films.The dramas you mentioned were set in Joseon dynasty not Goryeo. Examples of popular dramas set in Goryeo are Moon lovers, King's love , Empress ki and Faith also My Country seems to follow Goryeo's style. I prefer Goryeo tbh the actors looks more fashionable and gorgeous lol. I'm not sure what type of dramas you prefer but you might want to check Six Flying Dragons which's an awesome drama from the same makers of TWDR where JH's character here is the titular character. My Country as well as all the dramas mentioned in this post are considered fusion Sageuk where they mix real historical events/Figures or simply the timeline with fictional ones. LBW/LSG and his wife/Lee Saek are the real historical figures in this drama the rest are fictional.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Kinda sad netflix got this. for us outside of english speaking country have to wait until oct 14 for first episode.... make it hard for us to be up up to date and follow the conversation here as we gonna be two weeks behind the rest of you (if we do not find it on not legal ways)... :mellow:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sal2 said:

Kinda sad netflix got this. for us outside of english speaking country have to wait until oct 14 for first episode.... make it hard for us to be up up to date and follow the conversation here as we gonna be two weeks behind the rest of you (if we do not find it on not legal ways)... :mellow:

It's why I don't like Netflix.  Was hoping Viki. Viu. Premiers October 4 but  we have to wait. Maybe   there will be fan sub? You know how they do it for most  jdrama and cdramas.

Off topic:  Do companies bid for the subbing rights? Is Netflix producing this? Like Netflix taking over kdramas.

Anyway looking at teaser. I like Woo Do Whan's aura more. He looks more mature. I found out in real life, he's actually older than YSJ. And from character description feels more like he's the protagonist. I'm not familiar with the actor through.

WDW as Nam Sun Ho Inteliigent talented but has deep emotional wounds. Illegitmate child. He's Look down upon.   Lower class mother but has a noble fathe that was involve in scandal.

YSG character as Seo Hwi character meanwhile is son of general. Does not compromise when it comes to injustice and stays cheerful despire hellish existence.

I think I'm going to check  premiere w/o sub to check the feel of the drama.

• Like 5

from character description feels more like he's the protagonist. 

YSJ is certainly the protagonist WDH is a good actor but he's not popular enough for protagonist roles imo. I think that's their characters supposed to be teens in the trailer LOL they always make grown up actors play teens in historical dramas that's might be why they appear kind of innocent and immature but they gonna grow up through the show.

Jang Hyuk's costume confused me. A general/soldier don't usually dress like this.

I think he's gonna be a prince for most of the show. while the cave man look is when he's still a general's son.

From the characters' chart i assume WDH is going to be in LSG's side that's how he's gonna lose and has an unrequited love too what a miserable character but what side Sejong is fighting for though and Seolhyun is in the antagonist Jang Hyuk side?! thought she was a good girl.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, aisling said:

As Yang Se Jong’s fan I’m pretty disappointed by his wig. It looks awful. I know he’s supposed to look “rough”opposite to polished WDH but the wig looks really bad. Sigh. And why does he look so dirty in all teasers? :blink:

Maybe they're trying to purposely downgrade his looks since his character isn't supposed to be good looking unlike how's that actually a part of WDH's character's description but i would like to tell them that's their attempts has failed cause he looks hotter than ever. I don't know about you all but i'm loving his tan i've been sick of all this pale and white washed young actors lately. YSJ looks especially gorgeous here imo.

• Like 4