[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

25 minutes ago, crystaltears said:

it's still at ep 12 Netflix Canada, hope the issue will be resolved soon! 

someone tell me why everyone is obsessed with Jang Hyuk (those netizen comments) :joy: I haven't watched any of his dramas yet... 

I've been following those comments closely after each episode, it's true that much of the appraisal goes to Jang Hyuk but all other actors received a huge share as well. I think it depends on the preference of the one who chooses those comments out of the rest :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, crystaltears said:

someone tell me why everyone is obsessed with Jang Hyuk (those netizen comments) :joy: I haven't watched any of his dramas yet... 

Is this a real question? It will take me years to explain my personal obsession so I better not start :w00t:

but anyway, I think in this particular case I think the character of Bangwon as interpreted by him has gotten many good responses. I guess people just clicked with it. I personally think Bangwon is very enjoyable to watch. I’ve been following JHs career for years and yes, he has had many praised works but also has been dragged for others. So I think its not particularly an obsession with him, the actor, but him in this role which has resonated positively (with a majority, possibly or at least a good amount of outspoken individuals :P

• Like 6

Still no information from Netlfix on episodes 13 & 14.  So a lot of us are still in the dark about what happens after episode 12.

Netflix customer service is useless - they have no new information.  I've told them there is lot of interest in this drama and it doesn't look good for them to not supply any information on the status of the last 4 episodes.  Many people are angry, not just the US - but internationally from what I understand.  I read an article on Cinemaholic that stated the release dates for ep. 13 & 14 to be 11/15 & 11/16 - from Netflix's own press release.

I'll continue to wait - please continue to fill us in on what is happening - for those of you who can watch it!  It will be a spoiler for us unfortunate Netflix viewers - but at least some of the suspense will be relieved!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crystaltears said:

LOL. same as @dramafan33 dont get me started about him. But, if you want to check out his work start with something lighter like Fate To Love You. 

But, honestly netz like to praise about his potrayal of LBW here. he did has a miss and critique from k-netz on his other project before. Not they really obsess or something. He carry LBW like the character is tailor made for him.

• Like 5

I'm not watching the drama, but my mother loves this drama (as well as Vagabond) - so it was pretty sad and awkward telling her there weren't any episodes of either dramas last week :lol:..... her facial expressions were priceless for the past two weeks. With Vagabond it was understandable since there's a legit reason, but it makes no sense here for ''My Country''. 

So it feels like they are either: 

- Holding the drama back so that it's in line with the Netflix premiere of the ''Crash Landing on You'' in  early -mid December. Originally the air date was rumoured to be in November, but it's changed to December 14. 

- Since Vagabond isn't airing as well, let's see if we can short change kdrama fans into staying with us longer, and check out other shows especially the Kdramas from 3 years ago we just released these past two months lol. 

- They literally only bought up to 12 episodes, but it's not popular on Netflix as they thought it would be and aren't buying more episodes or holding back the episodes. 

- Stop trying to convince Kdrama fans to wait for parts, we like to watch it live on demand (technically it's post 1 day - 1 week). 

I dunno....honestly the least they could do is have announcements on when it'll be back. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kasjady said:

I'm not watching the drama, but my mother loves this drama (as well as Vagabond) - so it was pretty sad and awkward telling her there weren't any episodes of either dramas last week :lol:..... her facial expressions were priceless for the past two weeks. With Vagabond it was understandable since there's a legit reason, but it makes no sense here for ''My Country''. 

So it feels like they are either: 

- Holding the drama back so that it's in line with the Netflix premiere of the ''Crash Landing on You'' in  early -mid December. Originally the air date was rumoured to be in November, but it's changed to December 14. 

- Since Vagabond isn't airing as well, let's see if we can short change kdrama fans into staying with us longer, and check out other shows especially the Kdramas from 3 years ago we just released these past two months lol. 

- They literally only bought up to 12 episodes, but it's not popular on Netflix as they thought it would be and aren't buying more episodes or holding back the episodes. 

- Stop trying to convince Kdrama fans to wait for parts, we like to watch it live on demand (technically it's post 1 day - 1 week). 

I dunno....honestly the least they could do is have announcements on when it'll be back. 

Crash Landing On You is a tvN drama and My COuntry is a jtbc drama. These two drama is not even in the same time slot for Netflix to hold it. I read there is a problem with liscensing. Idky Netflix only buy the liscence for 12 episodes instead of 16. Did Netflix thought this drama is like American drama that usually only have 12-13 episodes per season??? 

I don't think they hold this drama coz it is less popular. In fact this drama always trending on weekends. 

4 hours ago, yoeda said:

LOL. same as @dramafan33 dont get me started about him. But, if you want to check out his work start with something lighter like Fate To Love You. 

But, honestly netz like to praise about his potrayal of LBW here. he did has a miss and critique from k-netz on his other project before. Not they really obsess or something. He carry LBW like the character is tailor made for him.

if you want a more heavier character of Jang Hyuk that shows his charisma, watch Voice. His character there (i forgot the name) is quite similar to YBW. A very layered character that has so deep emotions. 

Coming soon

22 hours ago, crystaltears said:

I think they are more obsessed with LBW rather than Jang Hyuk himself haha.

22 hours ago, r047 said:

I've been following those comments closely after each episode, it's true that much of the appraisal goes to Jang Hyuk but all other actors received a huge share as well. I think it depends on the preference of the one who chooses those comments out of the rest :sweatingbullets:

The comments posted in this forum are chosen based on those with the most number of ‘likes’ , each post has a link below it for everyone to read the original content. Or are u referring to comments posted somewhere else ? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hurrah!  Episodes 13 and 14 are showing up in US Netflix as available 11/19 and 11/20 - finally!

Maybe all our pleas and cries for help pushed Netflix to do something?

Anyway, I watched 13 & 14 in raw and have to say - in ancient Korea getting run through by a sword must have been some kind of greeting - like shaking hands!  

It seems like every time Hwi and Sunho meet they are stabbing each other - in that exact same spot that each of them know they will survive from.  Kind of like, "It's been a long time - how have you been?"  "Oh me, not doing so well - STAB!"   "WHY'D YOU DO THAT, BRO!?  "Ah, don't worry, you'll be fine in a day or two, take care!"

It takes the impact away when you already know even though the guy has a sword run through him, he's shot by multiple arrows and slashed multiple times, beat up, dragged by horses - he will lay down and rest for a night, get patched up by his cutie, and then hop up and be in fighting shape in about a day.  No massive blood loss, no lingering pain or injury, no infection - just, "I'm OK, run me through again!"

Oh and this poison that is running through Hwi's body only seems to effect him at times he is relatively safe - it doesn't bother him at all when he is fighting and cutting down 20 or thirty soldiers. 

90 degree bow to Jang Hyuk for his acting in this drama.  All the actors in this drama are exceptional, but he has taken on Bangwon's skin and is living in it.  If he doesn't get some kind of drama award for his acting in this drama the world just isn't fair.

And as others have said, it was good to see Whi take care of Heejae for once.  She has always been by his side, supporting him, patching him up after each of his many wounds.  It was good to see him tenderly reciprocate his care and feelings to her.  For two people supposedly so deeply in love, why haven't they consummated their relationship yet?  It seems they are both living under the same roof, it would be easy to make 'it' happen!  So many years they've been pining for each other - surely they've had some break in all the strife and drama to 'get together'?  Is their relationship going to be one of only caring and support?  Some passion between these 2 certainly would make their relationship more understandable and believable.     

• Like 4

@luvtokki Yeah I was wondering the same regarding Hwi and Heejae, Munbok and Hwawol have progressed faster in their short lived relationship, I wonder why is it not possible for Hwi and Heejae who have a deeper love since they were both young and naive. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Crash Landing On You is a tvN drama and My COuntry is a jtbc drama. These two drama is not even in the same time slot for Netflix to hold it. I read there is a problem with liscensing. Idky Netflix only buy the liscence for 12 episodes instead of 16. Did Netflix thought this drama is like American drama that usually only have 12-13 episodes per season??? 

I don't think they hold this drama coz it is less popular. In fact this drama always trending on weekends. 

Oh I was thinking on Netflix's perspective, so even though one is TVN and the other is JTBC - If they are lacking new Korean dramas they'll try to do their best in having the schedules in line if that makes sense? 

lol the air dates have finally appeared, but the  release days are different than usual. I guess it makes it more balanced for Netflix to have this show aired on the weekday and the other two airing Korean shows over the weekend? Still a sad move on Netflix's part. Enjoy the drama guys!

• Like 1

I just realized the director for My Country also directed one of my favorite Korean dramas on JTBC called "The Package" with Jung Yong Hwa (Lead singer for FNC's band CNBlue and Seolhyun's label mate at FNC) and the adorable Lee Yeon-Hee.

This travel drama was beautifully written and lushly filmed in France, especially at Mont St. Michel.  The cinematography was beautiful, as was the story as you travel along with a group of Korean tourists on a junket to France, lead by Korean tour director Lee Yeon-Hee.  Each tourist has a back story, and the trip brings out each tourist's troubles in a caring and dramatic way.

Of course, there is a love story between Jung Yong-Hwa and Lee Yeon-Hee, but it is not a normal relationship.  With both Jung Yong Hwa's and Lee Yeon Hee's past stories conflicting their relationship.  It is a sensibly written and adult relationship, and both Jung Yong Hwa and Lee Yeon Hee's acting in it is thoughtful and intelligently done.

And as we have experienced in My Country, the artful and dramatic direction by Kim Jin-Won is evident in every scene of "the Package".  Plus, there are really good OSTs.

I recommend watching "The Package".  You'll feel you've been on a trip to France with this group of tourists, wrapped up in their stories and be caught up in the love story between Jung Yong Hwa and Lee Yeon Hee.  It's only 12 episodes, you could probably watch it while waiting for Netflix to get English subs out for episodes 13 - 16!  :D       

• Like 1

Hwi and Hee Jae are people who lost a lot in their life. Hwi lost his father since childhood which forced him to grow up quicker, then lost his sister. Hee Jae lost her mother and people she cared about in Ihwaru - her beloved master also passed away. Both experienced pain and also the outcome of revenge.

They are not carefree like Hwa-wol and Hwi's doctor friend. Not that Hwa-wol and her husband did not experience loss or hardship but it's about how one chooses to live his or her life. They have responsibility on their shoulder so they can never be truly at peace until things are resolved. It's such a pity.

One cliche plot I desperately do not want to see but is likely to happen here is that they only have one night together before the final battle or confrontation where the two friends die from protecting each other, leaving Hee Jae with a child and only memories of Hwi to live on.

For now, I am happy that Hwi finally realizes that he can lose Hee Jae and he is afraid of that. He doesn't want to see her in danger and gets hurt anymore. 

• Like 2

Episode 13 is out for me (Netflix Australia) now, but it only has Traditional Chinese and Vietnamese subtitles.

Netflix is just intentionally trolling me at this point.

:skull: 

Edit: Hurray, Netflix screwed up forgot to put English subs. Took it down and put it back up again and now it has English subs.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Oh yeah, anyone a fan of Park Bo Gum or Park Bo Young? How funny is it that Mun Bok wants to name his child Bo Gum if it's a boy, and the Black Snake hyung suggested if it's a girl then it can be named Bo Young. Mun Bok's surname is Park :D

Yeah I noticed that too hahaha 

• Like 1