[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

On 10/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Prettysup said:

Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan, and Seolhyun get a glimpse of their drama for the first time! The cast also shares how they helped each other out, what it was like filming with veteran actors, and much more! (with English subs)

They are adorable and kind of shy. YSJ can't stand his own kissing scene.:lol:

I always stan ajjushis and ajjumas but it's nice to see 'kids'(actually of my age group) in a while. Who knows someone will become my next stanning material.:w00t:

So are we gtting reactions for upcoming episodes too?

Recap for episode 7

https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2019/10/27/my-country-the-new-age-epi

Recap for episode 5 on dramabeans 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/my-country-the-new-age-epis

• Like 2

@Prettysup thanks for sharing all info about Korean history. It’s helpful for those not so familiar with it. Especially since the drama is fast paced and go through the historical events that may be confusing. Such turbulent times for our main characters to be in. I can understand why this part of history can be fascinating and told and retold countless times in many dramas. And thankfully all the cast of My Country are doing a really good job of portraying their roles. 

@fiesty8001

I hope we can see more of them in videos like this. I can’t help but turn into a fan of Yang SeJong and I’m really impressed with his performance in this drama. 

• Like 2

I'm really loving this dark, black version of Hwi. This transformation from an innocent, surrounded by colors, kites, and lights Hwi, to the one setting the date for Bangwon, the one who might be leading the game in the next episodes, he's already setting plans and things are getting out of the control of the Nams. 

Was he imagining the last scene? Did he actually shot him and aimed it superficial, to create a scene and fool Namjeon? I think he realized that Bangwon is the only one who can help him return his sister and decided to team up with him. Still, is there a chance he might kill him? Perhaps in the end? Why not! There's always room for a twist. 

I like how whenever there's a scene of Hwi and Bangwon together, it brings us the best of both! 

• Like 2

BangWon and Hwi have a great chemistry. They are both excellent actors. I like both of them in the same team.

I’m so curious to know how they pulled off that last few scenes of Hwi attacking BangWon. It was a ploy to fool NamJeon and to discredit him in front of the King and the ministers. And yet it looked so real. In the trailer we see NamJeon’s surprised look at the Royal Court. But we also know he is still alive as we see in the first episode. So it means the King did not execute him. I think a lot of things are still about to happen in between. It’s suspenseful and thrilling isn’t it? Even though we know from history which one will prevail. I am still engrossed in how the story is written here. 

• Like 2

I'm only watching Episode 8 now.

• You know what's confusing to me sometimes are the multiple names they assign to some characters :lol: You need a character cheat sheet whenever you watch this series. 
  • Does Bang-won know that Hwi is Seo-gum's son? I've been waiting for this to happen since I don't know, maybe Bang-won will come to respect Hwi even more if he knew.
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

• You know what's confusing to me sometimes are the multiple names they assign to some characters :lol: You need a character cheat sheet whenever you watch this series. 

Lol same here

• LOL 1

Hwi appears to be making great strides, and Sunho is simply

standing still.

Sunho makes those plans but they dont come true.  

Hwi looks powerful even as he obeys Sunho's orders.

And he will be even more powerful because he will have the information

HJ gathers.

And most importantly,  Hwi is on the winner's side.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lollyminx said:

• Does Bang-won know that Hwi is Seo-gum's son? I've been waiting for this to happen since I don't know, maybe Bang-won will come to respect Hwi even more if he knew.

I only know Bang Won is aka Prince Jeongan, his title. Who else has multiple names ?

And I think BW already knew Hwi is SG’s son. He did a background check on him, no way he won’t know that by now. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I only know Bang Won is aka Prince Jeongan, his title. Who else has multiple names ?

I think it was his other brothers, or the Crown Prince who was called another name. It took me a few seconds to connect those names. 

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

And I think BW already knew Hwi is SG’s son. He did a background check on him, no way he won’t know that by now. 

I see. I was just wondering because in their conversation, Bang-won still had to ask Hwi why he's planning to take down Nam-jeon. I thought Bang-won would assume that it's because Nam-jeon betrayed Hwi's father and that would be Hwi's motivation to target Nam-jeon. So it seems like Bang-won still doesn't know that Seo-gum is Hwi's father? Also, Hwi doesn't know that it was Nam-jeon who betrayed Seo-gum right? He only knows about the letter but not the fact that it was Nam-jeon who did something to get Seo-gum executed? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lollyminx said:

I think it was his other brothers, or the Crown Prince who was called another name. It took me a few seconds to connect those names. 

I see. I was just wondering because in their conversation, Bang-won still had to ask Hwi why he's planning to take down Nam-jeon. I thought Bang-won would assume that it's because Nam-jeon betrayed Hwi's father and that would be Hwi's motivation to target Nam-jeon. So it seems like Bang-won still doesn't know that Seo-gum is Hwi's father? Also, Hwi doesn't know that it was Nam-jeon who betrayed Seo-gum right? He only knows about the letter but not the fact that it was Nam-jeon who did something to get Seo-gum executed? 

It was not known to everyone that NJ betrayed Hwi’s father. When BW was threatening NJ about it earlier, he was whispering to him. So it makes sense for BW to still doubt Hwi even if he knows who is his father. But if coz I could be wrong, just my guess at this point of time. 

Btw new HD pics for ep 7-8 are out, link for more pics http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/photo/pr10011100/pm10054832

20191028_170329_8999.jpg

Spoiler

20191028_175514_0106.jpg

20191028_170554_8990.jpg

20191028_175657_8888.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 Most Searched Dramas In Korea (Based On Oct. 27 Data)

OCTOBER 28, 2019

Which dramas do you think Koreans are searching the most for? Which current drama catches the curiosity of Koreans?

Naver has a ranking of the most searched dramas in Korea with a daily ranking. Being searched online does not mean that these dramas are the most watched, but it is the most issued dramas of the day. It is also interesting to see the changing trends with dramas going up and down from the searching list (changing every day).

This list is based on the data of Oct. 27 daily searched dramas.

most searched drama, korean drama, top dramas

SBS / KBS / JTBC / KBS / MBC / tvN / OCN / TV Chosun

1- “Vagabond

2- “When the Camellia Blooms

3- “My Country

4- “Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life

5- “Extraordinary You

6- “Melting Me Softly

7- “Tale of Nokdu

8- “The Golden Garden”

9- “The Lies Within”

10- “Leverage”

most searched drama, korean drama, top dramas

Naver Screenshot

“Vagabond” took the first rank, followed by “When the Camellia Blooms” and “My Country”.

You can also check the most searched dramas of Oct. 20 here.

Are you also looking for these drama?

Cr: https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-searched-dramas-in-korea-based-on-oct-27-data/

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Top drama character searches on Naver

1. My Country Lee Bang-won

2. When Camellia blooms Hyang-mi

3. When Camellia blooms Park Chan-sook

4. When Camellia blooms Kim Jae-young

5. My Country Nam Jeon

6. Vagabond Lily

7. My Country Lee Seung-gye

8. Tale of Nokdu King Gwanghae

9. When Camellia blooms Jessica

10. Miss Lee Ba-da

• Like 4

On 10/28/2019 at 9:23 PM, anony12345 said:

This show lost me after episode 5'ish, wasn't feeling the character development or the writing - how do people think it has gone?

I think the story definitely suffers from being bound by historical events, skipping through history a bit too quickly and thus withholding a great deal of valuable context. Essentially we got cliff notes from episode 3 to 5, where, really, a great deal of things happened: Invasion of Liaodong. Coup. Beginnings of friction between Bang Won and Yi Seong-gye and co.

The real meat of of the war and the coupe wasn't really shown to us, so it feels like our characters we knew from first two episodes took a massive leap through time, through these historical events--and the end result is a bit disorientating. Hwi's characterization is the biggest victim of this. Bang Won's contribution to overthrowing the previous rule, feelings of betrayal lacked exposition. Hee Jai's journey in becoming the Queen's most trusted subject... Personally, I think Seon Ho's character arc actually felt the most coherent to me out of them all.

As of now, the first two episodes still remain to be my favourite episodes. I think the series really did start strong in establishing our three fictional main characters of different backgrounds and viewpoints of what 'their country' should be, and the premise of showing their journey during the transitional period between Goreyon and Joseon was really compelling, but you can't fit that in 16 episodes. So, instead we're getting snapshots of these characters throughout these historical events.

That being said I still thoroughly enjoy it for what it is. I do agree with you that the character development does leave a lot to be desired, and there's also times where I feel like things have happened off-screen and I wasn't told about it lol, but overall I still do think all our characters are surprisingly charismatic and I don't find it hard getting invested in them.

The cinematography, the set, the acting, the soundtrack are definitely the stronger aspects of the series and the overall packaging and presentation is quite stellar imo. But yeah, what can ya do if the character development and writing is becoming a deal breaker for you.

Edited by byof
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1