JTBC Drama

My Country

fullsizephoto1104114.jpg

Network: JTBC

Genre: Historical, Romance

Episodes: 16

Airdate: October 4th -  November 23rd, 2019

Airtime: Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

Director: Kim Jin Won (past work: The Innocent Man)

Writer: Chae Seung Dae (past work: The Master of Revenge)

Synopsis:

During the kingdom of Goryeo, two friends become enemies following a misunderstanding. They try to protect their country, and the people they love, their own way. Seo Hwi is a warrior. His father Seo Gum is a famous commander. Seo Hwi does not compromise when it comes to injustice. His life devolves into a hellish existence, but he still holds a smile. Meanwhile, Nam Sun Ho is smart and a talented figure. Because his mother was born into the lowest class, Nam Sun Ho is looked down upon by other people. He wants to pass the military service examination. Due to a corruption scandal involving his father, Nam Sun Ho loses his dream. Making things worse, he comes into conflict with Seo Hwi over a misunderstanding.

Cast:

Yang Se Jong as Seo Hwi

20190918102224.jpg

A Warrior. Seo Hwi is the son of Jang SuGeum, who commanded the North under the rule of Yi SeongGye [E.g. also known as King TaeJo], and has a determination that does not compromise with injustice.

Woo Do Hwan as Nam Seon Ho

20190918102241.jpg

He is a long-time friend of Seo Hwi. He is both literate and skilled in martial arts. As his mother is a slave but his father is a noble, he dreams of strong strength to overcome the pain of being a concubine’s son, who has never been on the family register.

Kim Seol Hyun (AOA) as Han Hee Jae

20190918102420.jpg

She has a strong body. Han HeeJae is an intelligent and enterprising woman who is feeling the disillusionment of the evils of Goryeo. She has good insight in solving problems with extraordinary intelligence.

Royal Figures

Jang Hyuk as Lee Bang Won (Taejong of Joseon)

20190918102514.jpg

He was a very talented man and highly praised due to his intelligence and excellence. Covered in blood, he eliminated the loyalists of Goryeo and helped his father begin a new country, but nothing in return for him. His name was left out from the official record book of the founding, and the crown prince’s position went to his half little brother. Taking the throne may have been the best option for him to survive rather than the desire for power.

Kim Young Chul as Lee Sung Gye

Park Ye Jin as Queen Shinduk

Kim Min Ho as Lee Bang Suk

Others

Yoo Oh Sung as Seo Gum
Jang Young Nam as Leader
Ji Seung Hyun as Park Chi Do
Lee Yoo Joon as Jung Bum
Kim Seo Kyung as Chan Ka
In Gyo Jin Park Moon Bok
Jo Yi Hyun as Seo Yun
Hong Ji Yoon as Hwa Wol
Jang Do Ha  as Kyul

Kim Dong Won as Hwang Sung Rok
Ahn Nae Sang as Namjeon
Lee Seung Chul as Lee Saek

Character Chart:

20190923_150132_2009.jpg

Press conf

Teaser:

Spoiler

press conf

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead ofposting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

OST

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic

JTBC DRAMA 2019

MY COUNTRY

Drama: My Country

Hangul: 나의 나라

Genre: sageuk

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Director: Kim Jin-Won  ( Rain or Shine , The Package , Wonderful Days , The Innocent Man )

Writer: Chae Seung-Dae ( The Master of Revenge )

Release Date: Second Half, 2019

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Set during the end of the Goryeo period to the early Joseon period. Two friends aim their swords against one another due to differences in opinion about "my country."

Cast

Yang Se-Jong as Seo Hwi

Woo Do- Hwan as Nam Sun-Ho

Character descriptions

Seo Hwi (Yang Se-Jong) is a warrior. His father Seo Geom is a famous commander. Seo Hwi does not compromise when it comes to injustice. His life devolves into a hellish existence, but he still holds a smile.

Nam Sun-Ho (Woo Do-Hwan) is smart and a talented figure. Because his mother was born into the lowest class, Nam Sun-Ho is looked down upon by other people. He wants to pass the military service examination. Due to a corruption scandal involving his father, Nam Sun-Ho loses his dream. Making things worse, he comes into conflict with Seo Hwi over a misunderstanding.

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

Woo Do Hwan In Talks To Appear In Historical Drama Alongside Yang Se Jong

by C. Hong

e6180fea8490471997bab420b3779144.jpeg?s=

On December 13, industry sources reported that Woo Do Hwan had been cast in the upcoming drama “My Country” (literal translation).

Later the same day, his agency, KeyEast, clarified to Newsen that the actor was still in talks, stating, “He is positively reviewing the offer from ‘My Country.'”

“My Country” will be directed by Kim Jin Won, who has previously directed “Just Between Lovers,” and written by Chae Seung Dae, who has previously written “Master: God of Noodles.” Yang Se Jong has also received a casting offer from the drama, which according to his agency is still under discussion.

If Woo Do Hwan takes the role, he will be playing a character named Nam Sun Ho. The character is good-looking and skilled in the literary and martial arts, but his mother’s servant status prevents him from rising high in society. He is friends with a character named Seo Hwi (potentially played by Yang Se Jong) and dreams of passing the military examination, but his father’s corruption costs him his dream as well as his friendship with Seo Hwi.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1277717wpp/woo-do-hwan-talks-appear-historical-drama-yang-se-jong

Woo Do Hwan and Yang Se Jong in talks for a new historical drama

woojpg.jpg

On December 13, an exclusive report by Sports Chosun stated the two actors are playing the leads in upcoming JTBC historical drama 'My Country.'

Woo Do Hwan is given the role of Nam Sun Ho, a talented young man who is restrained by his low-class status. Yang Se Jong is given the part of Seo Hwi, a friend of Nam Sun Ho who later turns into his enemy. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/12/woo-do-hwan-and-yang-se-jong-in-talks-for-a-new-historical-drama

Woo Do-hwan to join Yang Se-jong in JTBC’s sageuk, My Country

by tccolb

WDH1.jpg

Actor Woo Do-hwan (The Great Seducer, Mad Dog) will be joining Yang Se-jong (Thirty But Seventeen, Temperature of Love) in new JTBC sageuk, My Country.

There isn’t a lot of information about the story yet, but it is said to be set in a tumultuous time in history and will center around three people who ultimately struggle to hold onto love.

In the drama, Woo Do-hwan plays the character of Nam Sun-ho. He excels in both scholarship as well as martial arts, and dreams of completing the military service examinations. However, he’s an illegitimate son born to a slave class woman and a noble man which means his path in life is rocky. When his father experiences a corruption scandal, Woo Do-hwan ultimately gives up on his dreams.

Yang Se-jong confirmed his casting a while back and will play Seo Hwi. He and Woo Do-hwan’s character start off as best friends. But a misunderstanding later causes conflict and the two end up falling out with each other.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/woo-do-hwan-to-join-yang-se-jong-in-jtbcs-sageuk-my-country/

• Like 1

Yang Se Jong Confirmed To Appear In Upcoming Historical Drama

by C. Hong

07599f0fd19b45379e02fcda8f206696.jpeg?s=

Yang Se Jong has confirmed his new project!

Back in October, it was reported that Yang Se Jong would be starring in JTBC’s new historical drama “My Country” (literal translation). At the time, his agency had stated that he was only in talks for the role. Earlier this month, Woo Do Hwan was also said to be in talks for the same drama.

On December 18, JTBC’s “My Country” confirmed that Yang Se Jong had been cast in the role of Seo Hwi. Written by Chae Seung Dae and directed by Kim Jin Won, “My Country” tells the story of three people who try to protect their love from the vortex of history.

The drama takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and is said to be a historical action drama. Yang Se Jong’s character, Seo Hwi, is the son of a general under Yi Seong-gye, the first king of Joseon. As the son of a fierce general who conquers the northern regions in the name of his king, Seo Hwi is uncompromising when it comes to injustice. However, he also stays cheerful in the face of a world that has gone to hell.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279717wpp/yang-se-jong-confirmed-appear-upcoming-historical-drama

Woo Do Hwan Confirmed To Join Yang Se Jong In New Drama

by E. Cha
e6180fea8490471997bab420b3779144.jpeg?s=

Woo Do Hwan will officially be starring in JTBC’s upcoming drama “My Country” (working title)!

“My Country” is a new historical action drama that takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty. Earlier this week, Yang Se Jong confirmed that he would be starring as Seo Hwi, the son of a fierce general.

On December 20, “My Country” confirmed that Woo Do Hwan would also be appearing in the drama in the role of Nam Sun Ho, an aspiring military officer. Despite his remarkable intelligence and talent, Nam Sun Ho’s status as the illegitimate son of an important family has left him with deep emotional wounds.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1280475wpp/woo-hwan-confirmed-join-yang-se-jong-new-drama

December 20 2018

Woo Do-Hwan cast in JTBC drama series “My Country”

My-Country-tp0111.jpg

Woo Do-Hwan is cast in new JTBC drama series “My Country” (literal title) co-starring Yang Se-Jong. For the period drama series, Woo Do-Hwan will play 2nd lead male character Nam Sun-Ho. He is the second son in a prestigious noble family, but because his mother comes from the lowest class he is not recognized as part of their family. He wants to pass the military service exam and become a warrior to escape his situation.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/woo-do-hwan-cast-in-jtbc-drama-series-my-country

• Like 1

@larus Finally a thread. I had to go to the actors thread (YSJ thread to be exact) just to asked if there is a "My Country"  thread.  Thanks larus. I've been looking  for the thread for like 3 days now. I'll be waiting for this. :)

I want to see YSJ. I like him in more serious role.. I mean something like OCN Duel ( his breakout role and he was impressive there but the follow up drama ..meh)  but this historical drama will  do.I'm not so much for the second lead but he's okay.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 9:58 PM, jongski said:

Finally a thread. I had to go to the actors thread (YSJ thread to be exact) just to asked if there is a "My Country"  thread.  Thanks larus. I've been looking  for the thread for like 3 days now. I'll be waiting for this. :)

Yeah... I wasn`t sure I will watch it despide liking the leads. Then I started the thread.:D  We`ll see how it will be.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:08 AM, stargazer187 said:

Now I begin to question will they include romance? Lol. It's so wasted if both gorgeous men are left alone without love interest. :lol:

Probably they will have some ladies caring for them but, reading the synopsis, I was thinking there will be strong feelings between them and I am already saying .... please, make up you two. Two friends aiming their swords against one another due to differences in opinion and  over a misunderstanding? Tragic.  At least, I wish they won`t fall in love with the same girl but knowing kdramaland, It is possible. :(

My happy ending will be... the two men reconcile. :wub:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, dotonly said:

I'd like to see him in a historical drama, first time right? Waiting for the leading lady and other casts.

Not his first. He played the younger version of the male lead Song Seung Heon in Saimdang. I didn’t really watch that show but I remember he acted in it, both the period and modern role.

Btw, Woo Do Hwan is joining him in this show too, dual leads I heard.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/woo-do-hwan-to-join-yang-se-jong-in-jtbcs-sageuk-my-country/

I was going to say, “with these two guys, that’s it, I’m going to watch this show.” But when I noticed the female leads have not been confirmed, I decided to hold my words, because the casting for female leads can make it or break it for me. I hope to hear good news soon!

Update on 2 Jan: Spoke too soon...gotta agree a little with the comments in the article...Seolhyun is not bad looking...but...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1286849wpp/aoas-seolhyun-talks-new-drama-yang-se-jong-woo-hwan

• Like 1

January 2 2019

Seol Hyun offered lead female role in JTBC drama series “My Country”

My_Country-tp0222.jpg

Seol Hyun (‘AOA’) has been offered the lead female role in upcoming JTBC drama series “My Country” (literal title) starring Yang Se-Jong and Woo Do-Hwan. If Seol Hyun accepts, she will play Han Hee-Jae. Her character has been raised as a leader of information group Yihwaroo. She is smart and good in martial arts. The drama series is set at the end of the Goryeo period.

“My Country” will first air sometime during the second half of 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/seol-hyun-offered-lead-female-role-in-jtbc-drama-series-my-country

AOA’s Seolhyun In Talks For New Drama With Yang Se Jong And Woo Do Hwan

by D. Kim

34c0fac28dbf47e4ac5ff09f63b683f0.jpeg?s=

Seolhyun may be making her drama comeback!

On January 2, it was reported that the AOA member is likely to star as the female lead of JTBC’s upcoming historical drama “My Country” (literal title).

In response, her agency FNC Entertainment commented, “Seolhyun received an offer to star in JTBC’s new drama ‘My Country.’ She is positively considering it.”

“My Country” is a historical action drama that takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty. The drama follows conflicts that arise due to the desire for power and protection .

Seolhyun has received an offer to take on the role of Han Hee Jae, an intelligent woman with impressive martial arts abilities.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1286849wpp/aoas-seolhyun-talks-new-drama-yang-se-jong-woo-hwan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Hmm what drama she appeared? So..  young cast like 25 and under... hmmm okay. But's historical action so I'm going to check. If the story  and writing is good and the acting too I don't mind who the actors are.

I do not know her at all but I read her filmography and see that she has three dramas and three movies. When they cast two young actors, I was sure they will cast a young actress as well. I read an article at Koala`s Playground site, people were not pleased with this casting. The boys will have a bigger part in this drama but I hope she will be good too. We`ll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama] My Country, 나의 나라 - Yang Se Jong & Woo Do Hwan - Premieres Second Half 2019

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Please note that this thread combines two separate threads that had been created at separate times.

Yes, the first thread was created without announcing a moderator or  the Threads Directory so I created a duplicate thread without knowing. 

A moderator should change the link in the Official Threads Directory to this thread because the link there is not available anymore. Thanks.

About the lead actress... We`ll see how she will do. On paper, the heroine is a strong woman. I think Seolhyun will confirm and I hope she will carry the part well. Because I did not watch her in anything, I can not say if she will do well or not. I will keep my expectation low.

• Like 1

Annyeong chingus...

Wow, the casts!

I love all 3 of them from 30 but 17 (YSJ), 3 Meals A Day (SH), and Mad Dog (WDH)...

Am not really a fan of sageuk drama... But I am willing to take my chances with these 3...

I can't seem to run away from especially YSJ's charm :wub:

Jang Hyuk In Talks To Join Yang Se Jong And Woo Do Hwan In Historical Drama

Jang Hyuk In Talks To Join Yang Se Jong And Woo Do Hwan In Historical Drama

Jang Hyuk is in talks for a new historical drama!

Recently media outlets reported that the actor had confirmed his casting in the JTBC historical action drama, “My Country” (working title).

On January 16, his agency, SidusHQ, stated, “Jang Hyuk has received a casting offer from JTBC’s new historical drama and he is positively reviewing it.”

If he accepts the offer, he will be playing the role of Lee Bang Won, the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo dynasty and begin the Joseon dynasty. He would later become known as King Taejong, the father of King Sejong the Great.

Both Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan have confirmed their roles in the drama, which takes place between the end of the Goryeo dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon dynasty. Yang Se Jong plays the son of a general and Woo Do Hwan plays an aspiring military officer who is hampered by his background as an illegitimate son.

AOA’s Seolhyun is also in talks for the role of the female lead.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1293735wpp/jang-hyuk-talks-join-yang-se-jong-woo-hwan-historical-drama

-------------

hope he agrees, I like his acting. We gonna get 3 handsome guys in one drama! *.*

• Like 5

If Jang Hyuk will appear that will be great. Lee Bang Won is  a powerful character, inteligent, ruthless. It looks like he will be the prince in this drama because the events took place in the end of Goryeo.  Jang Hyuk is one of the main leads in this drama or he will do a guest star role?

• Like 7

@larus  thanks for info. If this is only cameo then it's okay for me. But to be in the whole drama... I don't want JH relegated to like 3rd lead. His status his acting prowess if for lead star.  I like YSJ but I love Jang Hyuk.. I'll watch him anytime and yeah time for him to do another Chuno.

@Prettysup  what do you think?

Edit:  article of Jang Hyuk possible casting is in prev page.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@Prettysup  what do you think?

Edit:  article of Jang Hyuk possible casting is in prev page.

Well, maybe they will name him as a special appearance or something. Anyway I guess his likes this role a lot if he should accept it, so we fans will just support him in whatever decisions he make.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Jang Hyuk Joins Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, And Seolhyun In Upcoming JTBC Drama

da81711c3cbc4058a05b76618489f1a8.jpeg?s=

On February 21, Sidus HQ Entertainment revealed that Jang Hyuk has confirmed his appearance in JTBC’s new historical drama “My Country” (literal title). The drama takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty.

Previously, it was confirmed that Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, and Seolhyun will also star in the drama.

Jang Hyuk will be taking on the role of Lee Bang Won, the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo dynasty to begin the Joseon dynasty. While he was expected to become the successor to the throne for his contribution to the founding of Joseon, his father shows favor to his half-brother instead. Thus, Lee Bang Won begins his lonely journey to become the crowned prince.

Jang Hyuk responded to the casting news, “The overall development of the drama fascinated me. The story is also interesting. This is my second time taking on the role of Lee Bang Won after the 2015 film “The Age of Innocence.” This time, I would like to portray a different side of the antagonist.”

“My Country” is scheduled to premiere in the second half of this year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1305211wpp/jang-hyuk-joins-yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-and-seolhyun-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama

• Like 2
  • Love 1