[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

2 hours ago, meme said:

Well to me the video dropped my excitement as the leads seemed like the typical love triangle trios that's i really don't like nor what i expected from this drama but glad it seems like JH's character has its own arc with the other supporting characters which makes me still look forward to the drama and stick to it if the main characters storyline was too focused in the romance. 

if i remember correctly, the very initial synopsis of the drama they described it as a love triangle .. but the teasers so far have not been like that except this very first scene shot at the set.. ( i enjoy both romance and the historical aspect so i am here for both lol) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hyunxing XD said:

if i remember correctly, the very initial synopsis of the drama they described it as a love triangle .. but the teasers so far have not been like that except this very first scene shot at the set.. ( i enjoy both romance and the historical aspect so i am here for both lol) 

Yes, it was mentioned earlier but they made it sounds like a side story while the focus would be on the friends turning enemies over difference of opinions and misunderstandings so i thought it would be different drama but those scenes from the first episode made it seems like the usual cliche love triangle dramas. I'm just praying YSJ's character won't fall in love with her cause she hit him :lol:

Here's a new stills 

EFbWg19VAAEdeDf?format=jpg&name=small

EFbWg12UcAESxLJ?format=jpg&name=small

EFbWg1zUEAACfUy?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EFbWg18UYAEk4Yo?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, meme said:

Yes, it was mentioned earlier but they made it sounds like a side story while the focus would be on the friends turning enemies over difference of opinions and misunderstandings so i thought it would be different drama but those scenes from the first episode made it seems like the usual cliche love triangle dramas. I'm just praying YSJ's character won't fall in love with her cause she hit him :lol:

Here's a new stills 

Reveal hidden contents

well there is going to be romance and love triangle, i wouldn't waste my breath on the drama if i disliked it so much :)))EFedG_eU0Ao9PLp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, hyunxing XD said:

well there is going to be romance and love triangle, i wouldn't waste my breath on the drama if i disliked it so much :)))

Nope, I will waste all my breaths for a sageuk with Jang Hyuk in it. Especially when he's playing such an interesting character and the supporting characters too seems interesting doesn't mean i can't voice my disappointment on the writing not keeping their first synopsis you don't say it's about two friends aiming their swords against each other and then turn it into every other drama love triangle. However it's too early to judge maybe my impression will turns out to be wrong and they won't waste the male leads in a repetitive storyline and gives them more interesting character's arcs besides the romance as they're both got so much potential imo.

And since i'm quite new for Soompi. Is it against the rules to share a negative opinions or criticism about a drama in its thread?! Just to be in the safe side for future posts :ph34r:.

JTBC will air a special episode October 3rd

EFd1LiJUcAAHbC4?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

2 hours ago, meme said:

Nope, I will waste all my breaths for a sageuk with Jang Hyuk in it. Especially when he's playing such an interesting character and the supporting characters too seems interesting doesn't mean i can't voice my disappointment on the writing not keeping their first synopsis you don't say it's about two friends aiming their swords against each other and then turn it into every other drama love triangle. However it's too early to judge maybe my impression will turns out to be wrong and they won't waste the male leads in a repetitive storyline and gives them more interesting character's arcs besides the romance as they're both got so much potential imo.

And since i'm quite new for Soompi. Is it against the rules to share a negative opinions or criticism about a drama in its thread?! Just to be in the safe side for future posts :ph34r:.

JTBC will air a special episode October 3rd

like you said the drama has yet not started and it's too early to criticize or judge the scenario from one scene. every drama starts with light hearted tone and dives into the darker theme. seeing four main teasers released, it's going to be on the heavier serious note than "typical love triangle" cliche. 

i loved the bts scene because of how leads went along well despite that being first shooting day, seolhyun and sejong are already showing promising chemistry and i am here for it. as a fan of seolhyun, it's a bit irritating to see everyone being negative towards her entire character or existence whenever she interacts with main leads. i can understand fans of actors and bromance lovers wanting more of that, but she deserves as much respect as a lead and her fans are also visiting this thread so i would appreciate if people showed her compassion. However feel free to criticize if she does not meet your standards after the drama starts airing. peace 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hyunxing XD said:

as a fan of seolhyun, it's a bit irritating to see everyone being negative towards her entire character or existence whenever she interacts with main leads. i can understand fans of actors and bromance lovers wanting more of that, but she deserves as much respect as a lead and her fans are also visiting this thread so i would appreciate if people showed her compassion. However feel free to criticize if she does not meet your standards after the drama starts airing. peace 

And where did i say anything negative or disrespectful about Seolhyun existence in my post? I've just expressed my disappointment on the fact that the scenes gave me the impression that's the drama seemed to be taking the route of the usual love triangle romance based dramas that's i don't like again i could be wrong i was just talking about my impression. And i'm not into bromance either literally nothing related to Seolhyun in my posts. As for the teasers it didn't gave any clue for what the storyline is imo. Maybe you need to be more accepting of others opinions or just ignore them and i'm not gonna criticize Seolhyun's performance either even if i didn't like it cause i understand her fans feeling in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, meme said:

And where did i say anything negative or disrespectful about Seolhyun existence in my post? I've just expressed my disappointment on the fact that the scenes gave me the impression that's the drama seemed to be taking the route of the usual love triangle romance based dramas that's i don't like again i could be wrong i was just talking about my impression. And i'm not into bromance either literally nothing related to Seolhyun in my posts. As for the teasers it didn't gave any clue for what the storyline is imo. Maybe you need to be more accepting of others opinions or just ignore them and i'm not gonna criticize Seolhyun's performance either even if i didn't like it cause i understand her fans feeling in this thread.

your post came off as passive aggressive towards her ,two male leads deserve better etc etc. you might not have had this intention but i felt like it was directed towards her. 

edit: also a romance or a love triangle is not a hurdle in the way of showcasing an actor's ability, so the whole discussion is a bit redundant 

Edited by hyunxing XD
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, hyunxing XD said:

your post came off as passive aggressive towards her ,two male leads deserve better etc etc. you might not have had this intention but i felt like it was directed towards her. 

Well your feelings were inaccurate dear and be sure i always speak my mind that's why i talked about my disappointment over impression. I indeed think the male leads are promising actors and i want them to get recognition with a good characters and script as they're enlisting next year nothing against Seolhyun. And please ignore my posts in the future cause this thread is being filled with posts that's unrelated to the drama and that's might be annoying for others here and don't worry i promise you it was my decision to not say anything negative about any of the cast including Seolhyun during the drama airing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meme said:

Well your feelings were inaccurate dear and be sure i always speak my mind that's why i talked about my disappointment over impression. I indeed think the male leads are promising actors and i want them to get recognition with a good characters and script as they're enlisting next year nothing against Seolhyun. And please ignore my posts in the future cause this thread is being filled with posts that's unrelated to the drama and that's might be annoying for others here and don't worry i promise you it was my decision to not say anything negative about any of the cast including Seolhyun during the drama airing.  

ok sure there was a misunderstanding, let's move on from this <3 

i wonder when the press conference is :blush:

• Like 2

Motion characters' posters of Seo Hwi and SunHo

Janghyuk's character doesn't sounds like an antagonist i was confused cause the Soompi article of his casting quoted him saying he was excited to portray different side of the antagonist but they gave him all the excuses to do what he did as his life on stake on the character's description so there's possibility Seo Hwi will join forces with him as LBW goal is to build a country for the abandoned.  

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan & Kim Seol Hyun - Premieres on October 4th