Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

Kinda sad netflix got this. for us outside of english speaking country have to wait until oct 14 for first episode.... make it hard for us to be up up to date and follow the conversation here as we gonna be two weeks behind the rest of you (if we do not find it on not legal ways)... :mellow:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sal2 said:

Kinda sad netflix got this. for us outside of english speaking country have to wait until oct 14 for first episode.... make it hard for us to be up up to date and follow the conversation here as we gonna be two weeks behind the rest of you (if we do not find it on not legal ways)... :mellow:

It's why I don't like Netflix.  Was hoping Viki. Viu. Premiers October 4 but  we have to wait. Maybe   there will be fan sub? You know how they do it for most  jdrama and cdramas.

Off topic:  Do companies bid for the subbing rights? Is Netflix producing this? Like Netflix taking over kdramas.

Anyway looking at teaser. I like Woo Do Whan's aura more. He looks more mature. I found out in real life, he's actually older than YSJ. And from character description feels more like he's the protagonist. I'm not familiar with the actor through.

WDW as Nam Sun Ho Inteliigent talented but has deep emotional wounds. Illegitmate child. He's Look down upon.   Lower class mother but has a noble fathe that was involve in scandal.

YSG character as Seo Hwi character meanwhile is son of general. Does not compromise when it comes to injustice and stays cheerful despire hellish existence.

I think I'm going to check  premiere w/o sub to check the feel of the drama.

• Like 5

character chart

Spoiler

EEukGDdWwAAWxUN?format=jpg&name=large

Character stills

EEu0w6aXsAEmY2U?format=jpg&name=large

EEu0w6XWkAEO6tR?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EEu0w6aW4AA2T6h?format=jpg&name=large

Jang Hyuk's costume confused me. A general/soldier don't usually dress like this.

EEu0w6cWkAIa5cR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Hide contents

Jang Hyuk's costume confused me. A general/soldier don't usually dress like this.

Lee Bang Won was supposed to be a king. I was more surprised by his caveman look.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Lee Bang Won was supposed to be a king. I was more surprised by his caveman look.

This one should be more accurate haha

20190918102514.jpg

Vs this caveman

201909181306582410_3.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

from character description feels more like he's the protagonist. 

YSJ is certainly the protagonist WDH is a good actor but he's not popular enough for protagonist roles imo. I think that's their characters supposed to be teens in the trailer LOL they always make grown up actors play teens in historical dramas that's might be why they appear kind of innocent and immature but they gonna grow up through the show.

I think he's gonna be a prince for most of the show. while the cave man look is when he's still a general's son.

From the characters' chart i assume WDH is going to be in LSG's side that's how he's gonna lose and has an unrequited love too what a miserable character but what side Sejong is fighting for though and Seolhyun is in the antagonist Jang Hyuk side?! thought she was a good girl.

• Like 4

As Yang Se Jong’s fan I’m pretty disappointed by his wig. It looks awful. I know he’s supposed to look “rough”opposite to polished WDH but the wig looks really bad. Sigh. And why does he look so dirty in all teasers? :blink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I like JHs character poster.

Looks so striking.

It is clear who is the boss. :D

WDH looks so gorgeous.  :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, aisling said:

As Yang Se Jong’s fan I’m pretty disappointed by his wig. It looks awful. I know he’s supposed to look “rough”opposite to polished WDH but the wig looks really bad. Sigh. And why does he look so dirty in all teasers? :blink:

Maybe they're trying to purposely downgrade his looks since his character isn't supposed to be good looking unlike how's that actually a part of WDH's character's description but i would like to tell them that's their attempts has failed cause he looks hotter than ever. I don't know about you all but i'm loving his tan i've been sick of all this pale and white washed young actors lately. YSJ looks especially gorgeous here imo.

• Like 5

New character stills

EEzxEnCUUAE5gSo?format=jpg&name=900x900

Spoiler

EEzxEnDVUAAxr2M?format=jpg&name=900x900EEzxEnAUcAEUlTj?format=jpg&name=900x900

@aisling The general "dirty" outlook is mainly because he's poor, need to take care of his sick little sister & living in hiding. Supposedly his family's reputation was tainted (framed).

• Like 5

Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Jang Hyuk Star In Dramatic Posters For Historical Drama

b74b534a6c1740eabb7a8fb629d5060b.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “My Country” (literal title) unveiled character posters of its four lead characters.

“My Country” is a historical drama that takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty. It stars Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk in a story about the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection.

Yang Se Jong plays Seo Hwi, the son of a famous general, and his poster shows him dressed in full armor. Despite having his sword in his hand, however, his expression is bleak. The caption reads, “I will become stronger. Because there’s someone I must protect.”

In contrast, Woo Do Hwan shows his character’s determination to forge his own future. The actor plays Nam Sun Ho, a military officer who is the illegitimate son of an important family. The caption reads, “I will take it. Even if it means I have to turn my back on you.”

Seolhyun plays Han Hee Jae, an intelligent and progressive woman who is disillusioned by the corruption around her. Her poster shows her dressed in an elegant gown and holding a scroll as a marker of her high education. The caption reads, “I will gain the thing called strength. Because if I have strength, I will not lose anyone.”

Jang Hyuk plays Lee Bang Won, the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo Dynasty and begin the Joseon Dynasty. Although Lee Bang Won expects to become his father’s successor, his father favors his half-brother instead. In the poster, Jang Hyuk leans on his weapon and looks coldly into the distance as the caption reads, “I will take everything into my hands. Including my father’s country.”

The production staff also released a behind-the-scenes video from the poster filming, which reveals more details about each character.

Seo Hwi has a younger sister who is sick and struggles with other difficult family circumstances. Nam Sun Ho and Seo Hwi are close friends, but their different paths will put them at odds with each other. Han Hee Jae is the daughter of a gisaeng (a courtesan) and doesn’t know who her father is.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353390wpp/yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-jang-hyuk-star-in-dramatic-posters-for-historical-drama

• Like 6

d108bed06de947cba79b52df458926e1.jpeg?s=

Woo Do Hwan Talks About Taking On His 1st Historical Drama

With just two weeks left until the premiere of JTBC’s “My Country” (literal title), Woo Do Hwan has shared his thoughts on taking on his very first historical drama!

“My Country” is a new drama set between the end of the Goryeo dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon dynasty. The series will follow the stories of various figures who have different visions for “their country”—and the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection.

Woo Do Hwan will be starring in the drama as the ambitious, discerning, and highly capable Nam Sun Ho, an aspiring military officer who harbors deep emotional wounds due to his status as the illegitimate son of a high-ranking figure. He eventually winds up facing off with Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong), the determined son of a famous general.

Describing his character, Woo Do Hwan remarked, “Sun Ho is a character who seeks to build a ‘my country’ in which everyone can be equal and happy regardless of their birth. I’m working hard to try and highlight his growth and transformation [in the drama].”

Woo-Do-Hwan-2.jpg

Although Woo Do Hwan has previously proven his talent and versatility as an actor through a variety of genres, “My Country” marks his first-ever historical drama.

“Because it’s my first period piece, it wasn’t easy,” confessed the actor. “But I’m really enjoying filming. I’m working hard at practicing skills like horseback riding and swordfighting, so that I can show a different type of action from what I’ve done up until now.”

“My Country” will premiere on October 4 at 10:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the latest teasers for the drama here!

source: soompi
  • Like 6

Yang Se Jong Fights To Prove His Worth In New Historical Drama

JTBC’s upcoming drama “My Country” (literal title) has provided a closer look at Yang Se Jong’s character!

Yang-Se-Jong-1.jpg

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. The drama stars Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

In the newly-released images, Yang Se Jong displays a range of appearances, from a sharp and charismatic look as he pulls back his bow to a despairing look full of emotion. In the drama, he plays Seo Hwi, the son of a famous general. Seo Hwi has been constantly beset by misfortune, but he persists in order to protect his ailing older sister Seo Yeon (played by Cho Yi Hyun). He puts everything on the line to change his life and transform himself from someone labeled as incompetent by his father to a capable warrior. Viewers are anticipating the kind of dynamic action and acting Yang Se Jong will show in his role.

A source from the drama stated, “Seo Hwi is a character who starts from the very bottom in these chaotic times when the country is being overturned. You can look forward to a Seo Hwi that is perfected by Yang Se Jong’s wide acting spectrum and feel Yang Se Jong’s merit once more.”

“My Country” premieres on October 4 at 10:50 p.m. KST. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353564wpp/yang-se-jong-fights-to-prove-his-worth-in-new-historical-drama

• Like 4

On 9/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, mademoisellesia said:

The general "dirty" outlook is mainly because he's poor, need to take care of his sick little sister & living in hiding. Supposedly his family's reputation was tainted (framed).

From the character description posted above, it seems that it is his older sister.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

From the character description posted above, it seems that it is his older sister.

Mmmm... JTBC's Character description indicated "휘의 누이동생" - (Seo) Hwi's nui-dongsaeng. Dong-saeng is "younger".

• Like 4

Can someone please translate the characters description ? I m very curious 

• Like 2

i don't understand the negativity towards seolhyun. she has improved miles from when she started as an actress. a lot of people refuse to take her seriously because of the bias they create themselves. at least watch her in one episode before bashing her. 

on the other hand, i think drama's publicity is going well, at first i was vary because they did not release script reading pics and kept hush hush about the project. i hope the excitement is building up in korea with new teaser releases 

• Like 4