[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Jang Hyuk Star In Dramatic Posters For Historical Drama

b74b534a6c1740eabb7a8fb629d5060b.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “My Country” (literal title) unveiled character posters of its four lead characters.

“My Country” is a historical drama that takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty. It stars Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk in a story about the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection.

Yang Se Jong plays Seo Hwi, the son of a famous general, and his poster shows him dressed in full armor. Despite having his sword in his hand, however, his expression is bleak. The caption reads, “I will become stronger. Because there’s someone I must protect.”

In contrast, Woo Do Hwan shows his character’s determination to forge his own future. The actor plays Nam Sun Ho, a military officer who is the illegitimate son of an important family. The caption reads, “I will take it. Even if it means I have to turn my back on you.”

Seolhyun plays Han Hee Jae, an intelligent and progressive woman who is disillusioned by the corruption around her. Her poster shows her dressed in an elegant gown and holding a scroll as a marker of her high education. The caption reads, “I will gain the thing called strength. Because if I have strength, I will not lose anyone.”

Jang Hyuk plays Lee Bang Won, the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo Dynasty and begin the Joseon Dynasty. Although Lee Bang Won expects to become his father’s successor, his father favors his half-brother instead. In the poster, Jang Hyuk leans on his weapon and looks coldly into the distance as the caption reads, “I will take everything into my hands. Including my father’s country.”

The production staff also released a behind-the-scenes video from the poster filming, which reveals more details about each character.

Seo Hwi has a younger sister who is sick and struggles with other difficult family circumstances. Nam Sun Ho and Seo Hwi are close friends, but their different paths will put them at odds with each other. Han Hee Jae is the daughter of a gisaeng (a courtesan) and doesn’t know who her father is.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353390wpp/yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-jang-hyuk-star-in-dramatic-posters-for-historical-drama

• Like 5

d108bed06de947cba79b52df458926e1.jpeg?s=

Woo Do Hwan Talks About Taking On His 1st Historical Drama

With just two weeks left until the premiere of JTBC’s “My Country” (literal title), Woo Do Hwan has shared his thoughts on taking on his very first historical drama!

“My Country” is a new drama set between the end of the Goryeo dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon dynasty. The series will follow the stories of various figures who have different visions for “their country”—and the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection.

Woo Do Hwan will be starring in the drama as the ambitious, discerning, and highly capable Nam Sun Ho, an aspiring military officer who harbors deep emotional wounds due to his status as the illegitimate son of a high-ranking figure. He eventually winds up facing off with Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong), the determined son of a famous general.

Describing his character, Woo Do Hwan remarked, “Sun Ho is a character who seeks to build a ‘my country’ in which everyone can be equal and happy regardless of their birth. I’m working hard to try and highlight his growth and transformation [in the drama].”

Woo-Do-Hwan-2.jpg

Although Woo Do Hwan has previously proven his talent and versatility as an actor through a variety of genres, “My Country” marks his first-ever historical drama.

“Because it’s my first period piece, it wasn’t easy,” confessed the actor. “But I’m really enjoying filming. I’m working hard at practicing skills like horseback riding and swordfighting, so that I can show a different type of action from what I’ve done up until now.”

“My Country” will premiere on October 4 at 10:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the latest teasers for the drama here!

source: soompi
  • Like 5

Yang Se Jong Fights To Prove His Worth In New Historical Drama

JTBC’s upcoming drama “My Country” (literal title) has provided a closer look at Yang Se Jong’s character!

Yang-Se-Jong-1.jpg

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. The drama stars Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

In the newly-released images, Yang Se Jong displays a range of appearances, from a sharp and charismatic look as he pulls back his bow to a despairing look full of emotion. In the drama, he plays Seo Hwi, the son of a famous general. Seo Hwi has been constantly beset by misfortune, but he persists in order to protect his ailing older sister Seo Yeon (played by Cho Yi Hyun). He puts everything on the line to change his life and transform himself from someone labeled as incompetent by his father to a capable warrior. Viewers are anticipating the kind of dynamic action and acting Yang Se Jong will show in his role.

A source from the drama stated, “Seo Hwi is a character who starts from the very bottom in these chaotic times when the country is being overturned. You can look forward to a Seo Hwi that is perfected by Yang Se Jong’s wide acting spectrum and feel Yang Se Jong’s merit once more.”

“My Country” premieres on October 4 at 10:50 p.m. KST. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353564wpp/yang-se-jong-fights-to-prove-his-worth-in-new-historical-drama

• Like 3

On 9/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, mademoisellesia said:

The general "dirty" outlook is mainly because he's poor, need to take care of his sick little sister & living in hiding. Supposedly his family's reputation was tainted (framed).

From the character description posted above, it seems that it is his older sister.

• Like 2

i don't understand the negativity towards seolhyun. she has improved miles from when she started as an actress. a lot of people refuse to take her seriously because of the bias they create themselves. at least watch her in one episode before bashing her. 

on the other hand, i think drama's publicity is going well, at first i was vary because they did not release script reading pics and kept hush hush about the project. i hope the excitement is building up in korea with new teaser releases 

• Like 4

NETFLIX TO INTRODUCE ACTION-PACKED HISTORICAL K-DRAMA MY COUNTRY: THE NEW AGE

SEOUL, Sept 17, 2019 - Netflix Inc., the world’s leading Internet entertainment service, announced that a new historical Korean drama My Country: The New Age will launch globally on October 4, 2019.

My Country: The New Age is a story about people who desire power while protecting their faith, set during the transitional period between the late Goryeo dynasty and the early Joseon dynasty in the late 14th century.

Seo Hwi, played by Yang Se-jong (Dr. Romantic, Temperature of Love, Still 17), is a warrior who does not compromise when it comes to injustice. Seo Hwi’s friend Nam Seon-ho is played by Woo Do-hwan (Save Me, Mad Dog). Seon-ho works hard to pass the military examination, overcoming his social rank, but encounters conflict with Hwi over a misunderstanding.

Also starring in the series is Kim Seol-hyun (Gangnam Blues, The Great Battle), better known by the mononym Seolhyun, who plays Han Hui-jae, a woman with impressive martial art skills. Strong confrontation over the throne between father Yi Seong-gye and son Yi Bang-won, is portrayed by veteran actors Kim Yeong-cheol (Taejo Wang Geon, Iris) and Jang Hyuk (The Slave Hunters, Deep Rooted Tree), respectively.

My Country: The New Age is directed by Kim Jin-won (Wonderful Days, The Innocent Man) and written by Chae Seung-dae (The Master of Revenge, Inspiring Generation).

The series will be available exclusively on Netflix outside Korea with two episodes launching weekly from October 4 for most APAC and English-speaking countries, while the rest of the world will see the weekly launch from October 14.

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-to-introduce-action-packed-historical-k-drama-my-country-the-new-age

• Like 6

Translation of the news article by a fan : 

( <Summary of the article_ Yi Bangwon>

Jang Hyuk raises tension to viewers with just a glance. Jang Hyuk, who gives off an absolute aura, is already perfectly immersed in Yi Bangwon. An icy air is passing up on him and he doesn't mind blood on his face. Also, a fierce look revealed behind his own composure carries Yi Bangwon's ambition to stand on top of the new world. Yi Bangwon’s unwavering advance to find "My Country" heralds the turbulent narrative ahead.
He, who had to become a sword of his own to survive, confronts not only Yi Sunggye but also Queen Sindok Kang, pulling the strings of tension.

Jang Hyuk felt that “Yi Bangwon in ‘My Country' was a man who hid his sorrow behind the sword. While he was revealing his ambition on the surface, I wanted to depict Yi Bangwon as a human hidden in it. By interpreting the relationships between the characters extensively, I portrayed the feelings of "human” Yi Bangwon. In the relation with father, Yi Sunggye, I tried to look at the various situations from the perspective of a son who treats a father.”

"I prepared this project for a long time and put lots of stories into it so please look forward to it. I will work hard and do my best to act," he delivered the message to viewers.)

cr : IG owner

• Like 8