[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

Warrior Yang Se-jong to protect his loved ones in My Country
by tineybeanie

Keep the sageuks coming! Yang Se-jong’s (Thirty But Seventeen) new drama My Country has released its first teaser, and I’m loving the glorious mane that he’s sporting for the rough-and-touble Goryeo man look.

My Country is set during turbulent times as Goryeo declines and Joseon rises. Yang Se-jong stars as a warrior, and his character poster shows him alone, facing countless enemies on the battlefield. The copy reads: “At the birth of Joseon, they were there.” In his character teaser, he draws his bow back while thinking, “I will become stronger. Because I have someone I need to protect.”

In an era where best friends can become enemies, and enemies can become allies, Yang Se-jong fights to defend justice and change the world. He is the son of Yi Seong-gye’s most trusted underling, and commander of the Northern troops. With the exceptional martial prowess inherited from his father, Yang Se-jong is able to make his way in the world, but faces challenges as he tries to protect his loved ones. (Yi Seong-gye eventually becomes Taejo, first king of Joseon.)

Woo Do-hwan (The Great Seducer), Seolhyun (Orange Marmalade), Kim Young-chul (Criminal Minds) and Jang Hyuk (Bad Papa) will be joining Yang Se-jong in this new epic sageuk, but their teasers have not been released as of yet.

Upcoming JTBC Friday-Saturday drama My Country, directed by Kim Jin-won and written by Chae Seung-dae, will begin airing this October.

mylands5.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/warrior-yang-se-jong-to-protect-his-loved-ones-in-my-country/

• Like 5
  • Love 1

To be honest,  I haven't watch a Yang Se Jong drama since his first drama Duel. I'm Fangirling again.

I'm getting excited.  Could be "Chuno" excited or "Six Flying Dragons" excited. It's that brief teaser of fierce warrior ready to kill to save his country and to protect someone.  Please pierce right through my drama heart and don't disappoint me. Please be terrific. Fighting!

ctto

ECtvBQ1UcAANNfd.jpg

ECtvAz_U4AAVWHo.jpg

• Love 1

On 8/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, jongski said:

@Prettysup@mademoisellesiaThanks for the updates. Looks to be good. Poster is 'minimalist' like. It reminds me of paining. I like it acutally the color and tone and the 15 second teaser.. too short but I can feel it's going to be good. I'll be watching this.

I hope your prophecy comes true. :D

This is a high budget drama so I wonder how did they spend it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Do Hwan Displays Cold Charisma As Military Officer In New Historical Drama Teaser

bc1458a8d2f140758e30080d23e8d571.jpeg?s=

New historical drama “My Country” (literal title) has released a teaser and poster for Woo Do Hwan!

“My Country” is a drama that takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to the desires for power and protection. Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk will also be starring in it.

On September 3, JTBC dropped a teaser of Woo Do Hwan as Nam Sun Ho, an aspiring military officer with deep emotional wounds because of his status as the illegitimate son of an important family. Nam Sun Ho wields a long, sharp sword as he claims, “I will steal it…even if it means turning my back against you.”

The drama also dropped an individual poster of Nam Sun Ho standing alone in a chaotic battlefield with a bloody sword in one hand. The dark and cold poster conveys a sense of loneliness that is similar to the character’s story. It raises questions about his wish for his country as well as his fate.

The production crew heightened anticipation for the drama by explaining, “A fierce story with figures of firm faith in the turbulent times of the Joseon Dynasty will be unveiled. Woo Do Hwan, who will be rediscovered as a [true] actor beyond his status as a trendy [star], will showcase a powerful transformation. You will be able to check out Woo Do Hwan’s presence as he portrays Nam Sun Ho with his own style.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1350116wpp/watch-woo-do-hwan-displays-cold-charisma-as-military-officer-in-new-historical-drama-teaser?fbclid=IwAR1PSW2nGb7R3Gy5aqRMrWa6wWqernNDnpKhmJCuTN4OwErN9JlM0Js2d74

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Wow... WDH simply  looks  powerful on the screen...

Agree he's got a strong screen presence..

Hope Jang Hyuk will get a decent screen time. Still didn't get the story lol who's fighting who and why? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, meme gogo said:

Agree he's got a strong screen presence..

Hope Jang Hyuk will get a decent screen time. Still didn't get the story lol who's fighting who and why? 

There is no doubt  that JH as LBW will be excellent.

This short scene shows it.

• Like 8

Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Yang Se Jong Struggle For Their Lives In Preview For New Historical Drama

145610736de2438db295d36cf560a6cd.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming historical drama “My Country” (literal title) has unveiled a gripping new teaser!

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. The drama stars Woo Do Hwan as military officer Nam Sun Ho, along with Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

The newly released clip opens with a brutal battle scene and the image of Nam Sun Ho emerging from a burning building. Seo Hwi (played by Yang Se Jong) declares as he crafts a weapon, “I will become strong. There’s someone I must protect.”

Over scenes of his difficult childhood and intense training, Nam Sun Ho says darkly, “Goryeo will fall. When that happens, I will stand in the center.” He continues, “I will take it. Even if that means I lose you.” The trailer teases a complicated relationship between Nam Sun Ho and Han Hee Jae (played by AOA’s Seolhyun), as Han Hee Jae slaps Nam Sun Ho and says, “It’s not right. That’s why I’m angry. I’m going to become stronger. So I don’t lose anyone.”

The preview ends with a mysterious encounter between Lee Saek (played by Lee Seung Chul) and Lee Bang Won (played by Jang Hyuk). Lee Bang Won puts down a sword and rises to his feet before Lee Saek, who says, “I never told you to stand.” Lee Bang Won replies, “You never told me not to,” before casting a gaze to the throne.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1350512wpp/watch-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-yang-se-jong-struggle-for-their-lives-in-preview-for-new-historical-drama

• Like 7

On 9/5/2019 at 5:42 PM, Prettysup said:

First look of Lee Bang Won

Is this Lee Dae Gil? :sweatingbullets:

On 9/5/2019 at 6:45 PM, meme gogo said:

I can only tell that Hyukie is fighting(or conspiring..) for the throne rest of the guys are fighting for 'their country'. Teasers are gorgeous but don't make much sense. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images . Thanks
  • Like 5