Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

The way Hwi reaches out for Hee Jae's hand on his back...that's enough for me. Even though he sits silently with his back towards her, and holds back emotion, that silent gesture is what I want to know from him. That for the last 6 years, Hee Jae is still the one he loves, no matter what he goes through - and Hee Jae understands that. Poor Hwi, with all the pain and rage -  long gone the poor but gentle boy whose wish is just to have enough food to take care of his sister. 

Part of Hwi dies, yes. The country he fights for no longer exists, just a path of revenge ahead of him. But deep down, he is still the Hwi that Hee Jae loves and he still loves her - he just can't promise any future with her. He doesn't try to drive her away anymore (frankly, that doesn't work) and accepts her help when necessary - I am satisfied with that.

Probably Hwi doesn't have much time left - shortly after the second strike maybe. So anymore rare OTP moment is welcome - these will be gems in Hee Jae's memories to keep her love alive when he's gone.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, r047 said:

I was surprised by the preview, Sunho being killed by Hwi? I don't think so, as always, things turn out to be different when the full episode is aired. And not to forget, characters are immortal in this drama lol. Four episodes are left and Sunho is not there? Hmm.. I doubt it. I saw recent photos of him where he cut his hair, is it because he's done filming early? Tonight will bring us the answer. 

I'm counting on the actual episode going the opposite of the preview, lol and I doubt he'll die so soon too but getting stabbed (sword went through) = heavy injury. True that they are immortals but I'm counting on PD/writer to stay logical (otherwise it looks stupid and flawed that Yeon dies with one stab & Seon Ho lives!) *facepalm*

Which recent photo? The one in his IG? Woo Do Hwan's hair is longer than usual but he didn't grew it out like Sejong did. At the press con held on Nov 2, Sejong said in a month's time they will wrap up filming (his a month is also an approximate). So I'm guessing they'll finish around the same time as the finale episode.

• Like 3

So now we know what Whi's been up to for 6 years since he floated down that river after Yeon's ashes.  He has been attacking Namjeon by cutting down his supporters and stealing away his profits.  But he has also been recovering from the venom that was from Namjeon's dagger.  Bangwon saved him and nursed him back to health, and Heejae was there as he recovered.  But my guess is Whi, Bangwon and Heejae made plans about what to do next to take down Namjeon.

And he is now back in sync with Bangwon and Heejae.  Whi wants Namjeon to die in the most miserable way.  Bangwon will use him to take down Namjeon.  Heejae has her hands on the pulse of the royal court by having her people in the messenger and signal fire group, intercepting all royal communications.  She is their intelligence unit.  And Heejae now has the power she always wanted so that she can step in and protect Whi.  She now can take down royal ministers.

That simple scene where Heejae is bandaging up Whi and her hand touches his shoulder.  You can see all the cuts and scars on his body.  He doesn't pull away but gently puts his hand over hers.  She says,"I can neither tell you to keep going or to stop".  Then she leans forward and puts her cheek against his shoulder.  "If it is something you must do, I just hope it won't hurt you that much".  Awww!  She understands his grief, his anger and his hunger for revenge.  She understands he must do this to regain his heart and his life again.  She's not a pushy, weepy girlfriend, but someone who will support him and try to protect him if she can, even if she has to wait for him for many years.   There is no other man in her life - just Whi. She can only hope that once he gets his revenge for Yeon, he can come back and love her again.  And he realizes the path he is on is long and dangerous.  How can he love her when he only expects to die?

I don't get what Sunho is doing.  Even though he says again and again the next time he sees Whi he will kill him, instead he keeps saving him and covering for him.  He does it again.  Whi is suffering from the poison and can't even draw his sword in the bamboo grove.  Sunho could take him out right there and nobody would know. But he saves him again.   And is he Namjeon's sword now?  Which side is he on?  It seems he still wants the king to retain his power and through the king retain his own power.

I always love Whi and his 3 Musketeers, his brothers-in-arms.  They have been there for him through thick and thin.  But the best is Chi-do.  After Whi tells them that he plans to wreck Namjeon's world, Chi-do cheekily says,"And what happens after that?"  Only Chi-do can call Whi out and question the path he will take.  Chi-do continues, "Is it over when it's destroyed?  Will you die in peace because you vented your spite?  you owe someone your life, you pay back with your life.  That's what I learned from your father.  That's why I'm with you.  Just like how precious Yeon was to you, you're precious to some people. Don't forget that."  Wow.  Chi-do comes through again with thougthful wisdom.  He's talking about the three of them, and Heejae.  He's telling Whi to consider those who love him, too.  And how his death will affect them.  I hope the three of them survive until the end, I really do.

Next episode  (12) looks like its going to be a big and decisive one.   Can't wait to see what comes next!   

• Like 4

Stills for ep 12 tonight, First Strife of the Princes, which was what we saw in the beginning of ep 1

954db9d5-f406-4665-a078-b0f354a572e5.jpg

c7eb66c0-6929-4a14-bdcb-9c09c6043ab8.jpg

• Like 4

I had a feeling, from the beginning, that Hwi is the one who'll die in the end, or both of them, though everyone else thought Sunho will die. Though, I was and still rooting for a happy ending (which seems impossible). After yesterday's episode, things are heading towards death of Hwi, in short time, and clues are all over the place. Will there be a twist? Obviously the writer is good at this. Will they let each of the 3 young main leads witness finally the country he was longing for? That would be meaningful. I wish to see the legacy of Seogum live on for ages, as his words and influence are still alive, there has to be physical existence as well to complete that. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, r047 said:

I was surprised by the preview, Sunho being killed by Hwi? I don't think so, as always, things turn out to be different when the full episode is aired. And not to forget, characters are immortal in this drama lol. Four episodes are left and Sunho is not there? Hmm.. I doubt it. I saw recent photos of him where he cut his hair, is it because he's done filming early? Tonight will bring us the answer. 

I dont think he will die in ep 12 either. Actually with their current hairstyles under the hair-tie thingee, I think none of the actors need to grow out their hair at all, since we cannot see their hair anyway. The only person who need real long hair is Jang Hyuk. Anyone noticed Bang-won is the only person in the palace who does not wear a hat?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I dont think he will die in ep 12 either. Actually with their current hairstyles under the hair-tie thingee, I think none of the actors need to grow out their hair at all, since we cannot see their hair anyway. The only person who need real long hair is Jang Hyuk. Anyone noticed Bang-won is the only person in the palace who does not wear a hat?

YSJ has the longest hair of all. I think he's the only one who's filming with his own hair, maybe with few extensions. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, melp said:

The way Hwi reaches out for Hee Jae's hand on his back...that's enough for me. Even though he sits silently with his back towards her, and holds back emotion, that silent gesture is what I want to know from him. That for the last 6 years, Hee Jae is still the one he loves, no matter what he goes through - and Hee Jae understands that. Poor Hwi, with all the pain and rage -  long gone the poor but gentle boy whose wish is just to have enough food to take care of his sister. 

Part of Hwi dies, yes. The country he fights for no longer exists, just a path of revenge ahead of him. But deep down, he is still the Hwi that Hee Jae loves and he still loves her - he just can't promise any future with her. He doesn't try to drive her away anymore (frankly, that doesn't work) and accepts her help when necessary - I am satisfied with that.

Probably Hwi doesn't have much time left - shortly after the second strike maybe. So anymore rare OTP moment is welcome - these will be gems in Hee Jae's memories to keep her love alive when he's gone.

and the venom is still in his blood stream. Hwi has been taking pain killers to fight the pain of the venom and the medicine is harming himself too. Hwi knew he won't live that long but he just want to live long enough to kill Nam Jeon. Maybe this is the reason he stays away fro Hui Jae and not starting new life with her because he knew he himself is a ticking bomb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

and the venom is still in his blood stream. Hwi has been taking pain killers to fight the pain of the venom and the medicine is harming himself too. Hwi knew he won't live that long but he just want to live long enough to kill Nam Jeon. Maybe this is the reason he stays away fro Hui Jae and not starting new life with her because he knew he himself is a ticking bomb

No wonder he is staying away from her. He really doesn't have much time left. I hope he really does kill NJ the worst way.

I guess on that embroidery the crane represents Sunho and

Yeon was supposed to be a cloud.

Sophisticated.

I like that Sunho is still wearing that fabric around his sword.

It seems to be the only beautiful thing in his life. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

No wonder he is staying away from her. He really doesn't have much time left. I hope he really does kill NJ the worst way.

Hwi doesn't exactly stay away from Hee Jae for the last 6 years like the 4 years before. He isn't by her side due to his plan and venom in his body but it's not like Hee Jae doesn't even know what he is up to. He doesn't try to drive her away or block her out of his revenge plan now - she plays a part in it since both of them work with Bangwon now. They don't have to be together side by side as a couple to know they love each other. 

In tonight's episode, before First Strike, he holds her hand and promises to return; she says she will wait. Like before. In yesterday's episode, I thought Hwi only wants to die together with Nam Jeon but here I see a glimpse of hope that he wants to return alive to Hee Jae, at least with the time he still has. She is worried but doesn't want to say it out loud - still, he understands it immediately and reassures her. His love never changes - instead I think it deepens with time just as Hee Jae's.

And Seon Ho is alive, despite being stabbed by Hwi. But Hwi has his friend and his lover to return to - Seon Ho has no one. Nam Jeon finally dies.

Four more episodes left. Just when Hwi thinks he can spend the rest of his time with people who love him after Nam Jeon's death, tragedy strikes again....

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, melp said:

Four more episodes left. Just when Hwi thinks he can spend the rest of his time with people who love him after Nam Jeon's death, tragedy strikes again....

Exactly :) Can't they chill please. The guy's life has been a hell. Today's episode gave me hope, the way he was holding her hand, his promise again, he still sees her as part of his life, I felt happy for a moment, but then the preview, ughh. 

Now apart from the immortal Sunho and the deep stab he got. This episode was awesome. I don't mind Namjeon dying by the sword of Bangwon, and I was expecting a twist in that, I liked what Bangwon said to Hwi the most. 

Can't believe that 4 episodes are left only, so hooked on this drama I'm not ready to say goodbye :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, r047 said:

Now apart from the immortal Sunho and the deep stab he got. This episode was awesome. I don't mind Namjeon dying by the sword of Bangwon, and I was expecting a twist in that, I liked what Bangwon said to Hwi the most. 

Haha even if he didn’t hit any vital organs, SH should be dead from blood loss with no one tending to him. Earlier on when he was similarly stabbed, at least Hwi was there to give him first aid. 

14 hours ago, r047 said:

YSJ has the longest hair of all. I think he's the only one who's filming with his own hair, maybe with few extensions. 

That was when he was still at the shaggy mane stage. But his hair is neat now tied behind the cloth. 

• Like 1

I was fine with Hwi stabbing Seon Ho, especially bcuz it was expected but I was rlly upset and disappointed after seeing him leave Seon Ho to die. As if Hwi looking back at Seon ho and feeling sorry for seon ho is enough. His friends easily convinced him to leave Seon hos side. 

Edited by Hewri hashim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewri hashim said:

I was fine with Hwi stabbing Seon Ho, especially bcuz it was expected but I was rlly upset and disappointed after seeing him leave Seon Ho to die. As if Hwi looking back at Seon ho and feeling sorry for seon ho is enough. His friends easily convinced him to leave Seon hos side. 

He did not want to leave him but he definitely did not leave him to die. Mun Bok has verify that he would not die from the wound, meaning he did not lost too many blood to be fatal. They sure someone will come for Seon Ho. This is the time of revolt, if he brings Seon Ho, it will delay their way to Sa Jeong gate to meet with Bang Won. They need to reach to the palace before the king or before dawn. 

• Like 1

Seon Ho, Hwi and Bng Won. These 3 characters are made not to die easily. WE know for sure Bang Won will lived till old and grey and become the king. Hwi survived 6 years with the venom from the most vernomous snake in his blood stream (the venom was never been able to be sucked out of his system). And of course Seon Ho won't die from the stab. Like you guys said, Seon ho body is full of muscles, those who have thick muscles, bleed less from stabs or cuts

• Like 2

Done watching both episodes on Netflix and gosh what a ride. First of all, let me celebrate FINALLY NAM JEON IS DEAD! But, I think he managed to made Seon Ho feel guilty at the last moment of his life, by praising Seon Ho. One thing Seon Ho has been yearning to hear. And my guess is, he managed to make Seon Ho hate Bang Won even more. From the preview we can see that Seon Ho is planning a revenge against Bang Won. For what ever reason it is, I hope it is not to revenge his father's death. 

I think the next 4 episodes will focus on another revoke to take down Bang Won and it will lead by Bang Gan I assume because suddenly in these 2 episodes, his character is introduced as someone powerful and important. 

• Like 2

‘My Country’ ep 12 Knetz comments

1.    Wow... really, Jang Hyuk is just Lee Bang-won!! But why am I more interested in Seon-ho than Hwi? Isn't it too much for him, writer? At least there are people around Hwi who are worried for him, but there is no one next to Seon-ho. (+332 -4)

2.    Nam Jeon was stabbed to death by Lee Bang-won, I get goosebumps of Jang Hyuk’s hard-carrying acting at the end. (+315 -4)

3.    Jang Hyuk was not acting, it's like he's a real Lee Bang-won. A high-end performance of a character that elevates the entire drama. (+294 -9)

4.    Oh, really, Seon-ho, what should you do? From the preview I am guessing you're going to take the side of Lee Bang-won. Are you going to be in pain again ? I've been waiting to see this since I saw in the preview that you were going to be stabbed today, but... I can't bear to watch it. It's the saddest character in the drama. Hwi is sad too, , but at least I can bear to watch it. I have 4 more episodes left. (+204 -15)

5.    Isn’t Nam Seon-ho unbelievable? Last time, he also survived after being pierced by a sword. (+145 -9)

6.     Lee Bang-won, Jang Hyuk’s acting is smoking breath, all time generations level (+70 -3)

7.    The writer needs to bow to Jang Hyuk and the director. If it wasn't for Jang Hyuk, I would've dropped out long ago! Isn’t it too much for Seon-ho? (+59 -2)

8.    Jang Hyuk, reincarnation Lee Bang-won! Today’s legendary. If the ratings can be higher, this would be a good choice for a daesang. It's such a pity. (+56 -0)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0004117914

1.    I think Jang Hyuk is Lee Bang Won reincarnated. He has full control of the play (+266 -4)

2.    I feel it all the time, but I feel sorry for Seon-ho ㅠㅠ. (+180 -4)

3.    Jang Hyuk, Jang Hyuk, totally digesting Lee Bang Won on screen. The reason why Lee Bang-won had no choice but to stage a revolution is so sad. (+172 -5)

4.    Another week gone. The cinematography was really artistic. It was like a painting with Hwi holding the flag and a bow riding by the river. I'm sorry that we're near the end. (+77 -4)

5.    Hwi, why are you so innocent even in the scene where you hold a sword? It was fortunate that Hwi, whose eyes were so clear, did not kill him. The guilt would be so scary. How can I wait till next week? (+89 -14)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000200962

1.    Actor Jang Hyuk is so cool today.I'm rooting for you! (+96 -1)

2.    Wow, Jang Hyuk, Lee Bang-won acting shivers (+61 -0)

3.    Lee Bang-won's all-time acting, Jang Hyuk's perfect bings. (+45 -2)

4.    Oh the eyes of Lee Bang-won when he was being abandoned by Lee Seong-gye were so sad. Jang Hyuk, you're so super cool. (+40 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0003233444

1.    I think everyone here is good at acting. I'm sure Jang Hyuk is a ghost of Lee Bang-won. And Woo Do Hwan? I am watching him for the first time, he is good at acting. It's the second time since I watched Yang Se -jong in Romantic Doctor, he is good at acting too. But, Kim Yeong-cheol ahjussi is so great,… I can't stop thinking about my daughter (+221 -1)

2.    I asked my wife, "Hey, what's for breakfast?" And I almost got kicked out. (+109 -7)

3.    The details are amazing and the actors act so well. Let's cheer for the actors!! (+82 -1)

4.    The actors are the best! It's so interesting that I can't stop for a second!! Especially, Jang Hyuk's acting is so natural. His voice is so cool. (+69 -0)

5.    Seolhyun is good at acting, too. (+70 -5)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0004118006

1.    I really love this drama… Started watching this after JTBC4 aired reruns of episodes 1-4, went  through the blog to understand the story and then started watching it live. Wow, Kim Young-chul, Ahn Nae-sang and Jang Hyuk are actors who are trustworthy, but I just got to know Yang Se-jong , what is his acting ability? I want you to act with your eyes. Besides Yeo Jin-goo, it's the first time I've been impressed by the acting of a young actor. And Jang Hyuk, no matter what you say, Lee Bang-won would not be a SHIELD (neither will King Sejong). It makes me want to be on your side. Hwi tried hard, but his facial expression... I want you to film a lot of historical dramas. (+213 -20)

2.    I hope Seon-ho and Hwi would no longer point a knife at each other and be happy. Especially Seon-ho who is so sad, it’s heartbreaking. (+130 -3)

3.    It is as if the actors were completely absorbed in their roles, the acting skills were crazy. Jang Hyuk's low voice is charismatic. Awesome! (+79 -4)

4.    Another reason why I am looking forward to the weekend. (+42 -4)

5.    Actor Yang Se-jong~ I'd like a bright romcom next time, please.~~~~♡♡♡♡ (+41 -17)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=144&aid=0000641417

0004118006_001_20191110091020478.jpg?typ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1