[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

No wonder he is staying away from her. He really doesn't have much time left. I hope he really does kill NJ the worst way.

Hwi doesn't exactly stay away from Hee Jae for the last 6 years like the 4 years before. He isn't by her side due to his plan and venom in his body but it's not like Hee Jae doesn't even know what he is up to. He doesn't try to drive her away or block her out of his revenge plan now - she plays a part in it since both of them work with Bangwon now. They don't have to be together side by side as a couple to know they love each other. 

In tonight's episode, before First Strike, he holds her hand and promises to return; she says she will wait. Like before. In yesterday's episode, I thought Hwi only wants to die together with Nam Jeon but here I see a glimpse of hope that he wants to return alive to Hee Jae, at least with the time he still has. She is worried but doesn't want to say it out loud - still, he understands it immediately and reassures her. His love never changes - instead I think it deepens with time just as Hee Jae's.

And Seon Ho is alive, despite being stabbed by Hwi. But Hwi has his friend and his lover to return to - Seon Ho has no one. Nam Jeon finally dies.

Four more episodes left. Just when Hwi thinks he can spend the rest of his time with people who love him after Nam Jeon's death, tragedy strikes again....

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, melp said:

Four more episodes left. Just when Hwi thinks he can spend the rest of his time with people who love him after Nam Jeon's death, tragedy strikes again....

Exactly :) Can't they chill please. The guy's life has been a hell. Today's episode gave me hope, the way he was holding her hand, his promise again, he still sees her as part of his life, I felt happy for a moment, but then the preview, ughh. 

Now apart from the immortal Sunho and the deep stab he got. This episode was awesome. I don't mind Namjeon dying by the sword of Bangwon, and I was expecting a twist in that, I liked what Bangwon said to Hwi the most. 

Can't believe that 4 episodes are left only, so hooked on this drama I'm not ready to say goodbye :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, r047 said:

Now apart from the immortal Sunho and the deep stab he got. This episode was awesome. I don't mind Namjeon dying by the sword of Bangwon, and I was expecting a twist in that, I liked what Bangwon said to Hwi the most. 

Haha even if he didn’t hit any vital organs, SH should be dead from blood loss with no one tending to him. Earlier on when he was similarly stabbed, at least Hwi was there to give him first aid. 

14 hours ago, r047 said:

YSJ has the longest hair of all. I think he's the only one who's filming with his own hair, maybe with few extensions. 

That was when he was still at the shaggy mane stage. But his hair is neat now tied behind the cloth. 

• Like 1

I was fine with Hwi stabbing Seon Ho, especially bcuz it was expected but I was rlly upset and disappointed after seeing him leave Seon Ho to die. As if Hwi looking back at Seon ho and feeling sorry for seon ho is enough. His friends easily convinced him to leave Seon hos side. 

Edited by Hewri hashim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewri hashim said:

I was fine with Hwi stabbing Seon Ho, especially bcuz it was expected but I was rlly upset and disappointed after seeing him leave Seon Ho to die. As if Hwi looking back at Seon ho and feeling sorry for seon ho is enough. His friends easily convinced him to leave Seon hos side. 

He did not want to leave him but he definitely did not leave him to die. Mun Bok has verify that he would not die from the wound, meaning he did not lost too many blood to be fatal. They sure someone will come for Seon Ho. This is the time of revolt, if he brings Seon Ho, it will delay their way to Sa Jeong gate to meet with Bang Won. They need to reach to the palace before the king or before dawn. 

• Like 1

Seon Ho, Hwi and Bng Won. These 3 characters are made not to die easily. WE know for sure Bang Won will lived till old and grey and become the king. Hwi survived 6 years with the venom from the most vernomous snake in his blood stream (the venom was never been able to be sucked out of his system). And of course Seon Ho won't die from the stab. Like you guys said, Seon ho body is full of muscles, those who have thick muscles, bleed less from stabs or cuts

• Like 2

Done watching both episodes on Netflix and gosh what a ride. First of all, let me celebrate FINALLY NAM JEON IS DEAD! But, I think he managed to made Seon Ho feel guilty at the last moment of his life, by praising Seon Ho. One thing Seon Ho has been yearning to hear. And my guess is, he managed to make Seon Ho hate Bang Won even more. From the preview we can see that Seon Ho is planning a revenge against Bang Won. For what ever reason it is, I hope it is not to revenge his father's death. 

I think the next 4 episodes will focus on another revoke to take down Bang Won and it will lead by Bang Gan I assume because suddenly in these 2 episodes, his character is introduced as someone powerful and important. 

• Like 2

‘My Country’ ep 12 Knetz comments

1.    Wow... really, Jang Hyuk is just Lee Bang-won!! But why am I more interested in Seon-ho than Hwi? Isn't it too much for him, writer? At least there are people around Hwi who are worried for him, but there is no one next to Seon-ho. (+332 -4)

2.    Nam Jeon was stabbed to death by Lee Bang-won, I get goosebumps of Jang Hyuk’s hard-carrying acting at the end. (+315 -4)

3.    Jang Hyuk was not acting, it's like he's a real Lee Bang-won. A high-end performance of a character that elevates the entire drama. (+294 -9)

4.    Oh, really, Seon-ho, what should you do? From the preview I am guessing you're going to take the side of Lee Bang-won. Are you going to be in pain again ? I've been waiting to see this since I saw in the preview that you were going to be stabbed today, but... I can't bear to watch it. It's the saddest character in the drama. Hwi is sad too, , but at least I can bear to watch it. I have 4 more episodes left. (+204 -15)

5.    Isn’t Nam Seon-ho unbelievable? Last time, he also survived after being pierced by a sword. (+145 -9)

6.     Lee Bang-won, Jang Hyuk’s acting is smoking breath, all time generations level (+70 -3)

7.    The writer needs to bow to Jang Hyuk and the director. If it wasn't for Jang Hyuk, I would've dropped out long ago! Isn’t it too much for Seon-ho? (+59 -2)

8.    Jang Hyuk, reincarnation Lee Bang-won! Today’s legendary. If the ratings can be higher, this would be a good choice for a daesang. It's such a pity. (+56 -0)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0004117914

1.    I think Jang Hyuk is Lee Bang Won reincarnated. He has full control of the play (+266 -4)

2.    I feel it all the time, but I feel sorry for Seon-ho ㅠㅠ. (+180 -4)

3.    Jang Hyuk, Jang Hyuk, totally digesting Lee Bang Won on screen. The reason why Lee Bang-won had no choice but to stage a revolution is so sad. (+172 -5)

4.    Another week gone. The cinematography was really artistic. It was like a painting with Hwi holding the flag and a bow riding by the river. I'm sorry that we're near the end. (+77 -4)

5.    Hwi, why are you so innocent even in the scene where you hold a sword? It was fortunate that Hwi, whose eyes were so clear, did not kill him. The guilt would be so scary. How can I wait till next week? (+89 -14)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000200962

1.    I think everyone here is good at acting. I'm sure Jang Hyuk is a ghost of Lee Bang-won. And Woo Do Hwan? I am watching him for the first time, he is good at acting. It's the second time since I watched Yang Se -jong in Romantic Doctor, he is good at acting too. But, Kim Yeong-cheol ahjussi is so great,… I can't stop thinking about my daughter (+221 -1)

2.    I asked my wife, "Hey, what's for breakfast?" And I almost got kicked out. (+109 -7)

3.    The details are amazing and the actors act so well. Let's cheer for the actors!! (+82 -1)

4.    The actors are the best! It's so interesting that I can't stop for a second!! Especially, Jang Hyuk's acting is so natural. His voice is so cool. (+69 -0)

5.    Seolhyun is good at acting, too. (+70 -5)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0004118006

1.    I really love this drama… Started watching this after JTBC4 aired reruns of episodes 1-4, went  through the blog to understand the story and then started watching it live. Wow, Kim Young-chul, Ahn Nae-sang and Jang Hyuk are actors who are trustworthy, but I just got to know Yang Se-jong , what is his acting ability? I want you to act with your eyes. Besides Yeo Jin-goo, it's the first time I've been impressed by the acting of a young actor. And Jang Hyuk, no matter what you say, Lee Bang-won would not be a SHIELD (neither will King Sejong). It makes me want to be on your side. Hwi tried hard, but his facial expression... I want you to film a lot of historical dramas. (+213 -20)

2.    I hope Seon-ho and Hwi would no longer point a knife at each other and be happy. Especially Seon-ho who is so sad, it’s heartbreaking. (+130 -3)

3.    It is as if the actors were completely absorbed in their roles, the acting skills were crazy. Jang Hyuk's low voice is charismatic. Awesome! (+79 -4)

4.    Another reason why I am looking forward to the weekend. (+42 -4)

5.    Actor Yang Se-jong~ I'd like a bright romcom next time, please.~~~~♡♡♡♡ (+41 -17)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=144&aid=0000641417

0004118006_001_20191110091020478.jpg?typ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For the first time, I am worried about Hee Jae.

Why she works with Bangwon? To take down their mutual enemy? Because he saves Hwi? Or both?

Ihwaru has involved deeply in the revolt. When she blocked the King from returning on time to save everyone, the King orders to find out the block. It's only a matter of time before her identity is revealed.

Hwi is worried for her when she personally delivers the news of the King's return to him. And it's a valid concern. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

Seon Ho, Hwi and Bng Won. These 3 characters are made not to die easily. WE know for sure Bang Won will lived till old and grey and become the king. Hwi survived 6 years with the venom from the most vernomous snake in his blood stream (the venom was never been able to be sucked out of his system). And of course Seon Ho won't die from the stab. Like you guys said, Seon ho body is full of muscles, those who have thick muscles, bleed less from stabs or cuts

Spoiler

JQjALWe.png

I need me some of Seon Ho's muscles.

Jokes aside, the problem with this is it that it takes all tension out of these battle scenes with our lead characters. The battle scenes would otherwise be so good, but it's unfortunately dragged down by the fact that we've been shown time and time again that slashes, stabs, or even getting impaled does not mean much at all in this show. What should've been an epic, climatic battle scene becomes a bit flat, because at the back of the mind you just know, there's still x amount of episodes to go, so he's just going to survive this.

We've had too many instances where people on the receiving end of what should be fatal injuries, shrug it off and miraculously live. Major consistent gripes with this on the show.

P.S Immortal body guard who has a personal vendetta against Hwi survived another stab in the chest from Chi-Do. I swear this guy should of died at least 3 times already in this show.

:joy:

• LOL 7

"You will desert Hwi in the end. How are you different from my father?"

Until this episode, there are only three people Seon Ho cares about. 

Firstly, it's Hwi. The friend whose father he helped buried. The one who he loves deep down in his heart. He actually tries to protect Hwi in his own way many times. None seriously wants to kill each other - even when Hwi's sword cuts through Seon Ho, he knows it's not a fatal move. 

Secondly, Hee Jae. The girl he once liked. He didn't get her love at first and then lost her friendship too. He never tries to do any harm to Hee Jae and I don't think he ever will.

Thirdly, Yeon. The only one who loves and trusts him until her last breath. The most innocent one whom he tried but failed to protect. When she was alive, Hee Jae's beauty and intelligence overshadows Seon Ho's judgment - he didn't realize how important Yeon is to him until she's gone. We all know how he lost his soul the day Yeon dies and he is no less in pain than Hwi.

Seon Ho has no one to turn to. His father whom he hates finally told him he did well - did that bastard really mean that or just want to trigger something in Seon Ho again so that he would go against Bangwon later? Seon Ho can go to the right path with the right guidance and good people surrounding him but he just has no one. Technically, Hwi didn't kill his father - Bangwon did so it's not strange when Seon Ho is after him again as a life pursuit. According to wiki:  "In 1400, General Bak Po, who was disappointed by Yi Bangwon for not rewarding him enough for his action in the First Strife of Princes, allied with Bangwon's older brother Yi Bang-gan (Prince Hwi Ahn) and rebelled against him in what came to be known as the Second Strife of Princes. Yi Bangwon successfully defeated his brother's forces, then executed Bak Po and sent Yi Bang-gan into exile. " So Seon Ho will work with Bang-gan to try to break down the world Bangwon wants but fails again. Hwi's life is tragic but Seon Ho is worse.  He wants to fight for recognition in the beginning but his life is now driven by revenge.

Yes, Hwi was all out for revenge too. But he didn't lost his soul for that. The look in Hwi's eyes when seeing his wounded friend, dead bodies everywhere and the King mourning the dead Crown Prince..he will not continue a life like that. He is a warm and kindhearted man, not a killer by choice. I am glad that Hwi understands he still has a life after revenge. Yeon is gone but he still has Hee Jae - she is now his only family left - and his brothers. These 4 people help him in his revenge quest and don't hold him back; instead they do whatever they can to keep him alive because he is precious to them. His world was broken but it he can go on even if it's just for their sake.

The short scene with Hwi and Hee Jae in the preview of episode 13, I want to yell at Hwi to propose to Hee Jae, asking her to be with him for the rest of his time and leaving all the political mess behind to start their own life. She deserves that after waiting for him all these years. They'd better have some moments together before hell breaks loose, again. How long will it take until the venom destroys Hwi's body? Is it too much to let him have some happiness after all the pain? Don't pour too much tragedy on him please - that would become too repetitive and tiring to watch. I can't imagine how Hwi will be if anything bad happens to Hee Jae. But among the three leads, Hee Jae is, for me, the survivor and she actually may outlive the two men.  Seolhyun is really immersed in her role for the last two episodes for me and she is so beautiful in ancient traditional costumes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, melp said:

Yes, Hwi was all out for revenge too. But he didn't lost his soul for that. The look in Hwi's eyes when seeing his wounded friend, dead bodies everywhere and the King mourning the dead Crown Prince..he will not continue a life like that. He is a warm and kindhearted man, not a killer by choice. I am glad that Hwi understands he still has a life after revenge. Yeon is gone but he still has Hee Jae - she is now his only family left - and his brothers. These 4 people help him in his revenge quest and don't hold him back; instead they do whatever they can to keep him alive because he is precious to them. His world was broken but it he can go on even if it's just for their sake.

I think the battle scene yesterday showed us the true Hwi we've seen in the first episodes. YSJ did a great job with his eye acting and delivered the emotions beautifully, he conveyed to us the true self of Hwi with the look on his eyes, one who does not belong to those battle fields, who's not meant to kill.

We were all excited for Hwi's revenge and his character transformation, but the moment he was about to kill Namjeon, the pain he felt for Sunho, the fear in his eyes, as if the new Hwi did not exist at all. Bangwon words for him, as if he reminded him of who he truly was. Some view his character as weak, as he could not kill Namjeon, but I think that's who he truly is. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, r047 said:

I think the battle scene yesterday showed us the true Hwi we've seen in the first episodes. YSJ did a great job with his eye acting and delivered the emotions beautifully, he conveyed to us the true self of Hwi with the look on his eyes, one who does not belong to those battle fields, who's not meant to kill.

We were all excited for Hwi's revenge and his character transformation, but the moment he was about to kill Namjeon, the pain he felt for Sunho, the fear in his eyes, as if the new Hwi did not exist at all. Bangwon words for him, as if he reminded him of who he truly was. Some view his character as weak, as he could not kill Namjeon, but I think that's who he truly is. 

It also showed that Hwi valued his friendship with Seon Ho over his revenge. He was so eager to kill Nam Jeon but when he was at the moment already he felt hesitant as Seon Ho was there. Hwi knows that it feels like to get your father killed in front of you. It was also obvious that he knows he messed up and he regrets it especially with seon ho he just went too far. Their actions are understandable so far in my opinion except the part where Hwi and his gang left Seon Ho alone with that wound. Everyone on twitter and tumblr are mad about it hahaha. What I love about My Country is that the story doesn't really focus mainly on the historical figure. It is a new approach to their history where they tackle the story of those who contributed to what happened

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

It also showed that Hwi valued his friendship with Seon Ho over his revenge. He was so eager to kill Nam Jeon but when he was at the moment already he felt hesitant as Seon Ho was there. Hwi knows that it feels like to get your father killed in front of you. It was also obvious that he knows he messed up and he regrets it especially with seon ho he just went too far. Their actions are understandable so far in my opinion except the part where Hwi and his gang left Seon Ho alone with that wound. Everyone on twitter and tumblr are mad about it hahaha. What I love about My Country is that the story doesn't really focus mainly on the historical figure. It is a new approach to their history where they tackle the story of those who contributed to what happened

Both Hwi and Seon Ho has this friendship tandem that you can know their inner feelings even if they don't utter a single line. I think Seon Ho understands that Hwi needs to leave him and I don't think he will resent him for that. Considering he too did many wrong things towards Hwi. Am I the only one who like the scene where Bang Won slash Nam Jeon on behalf of Hwi as he did not want him to live in regrets for the rest of his life. Bang Won still protects Hwi like an older brother even at that moment. 

In Twitter some said Bang Won is the real villain and he will be the next monster since Nam Jeon is dead. But I don't think so. The next villain to me next is Bang Gan (Bang Won's brother). There must be a reason we were introduced to his character in depth for this week's episode as he played an important role that led to second strife of the prince which he will go against Bang Won. So for the next 4 episodes I guess the writer will take us on what led to the second strife of the prince and finally the moment Bang Won took the throne. The King still treating Bang Won unfairly. Even now The CP is dead, but Yi Seong Gye still did not pick Bang Won as CP. He will name his second son Bang Hwa (also one of his weakest son who did not possess the traits of a king). This will make Bang Won keep going against his father. 

The question now is Hwi and Seon Ho. Which side will this two takes afterwards. Will they continue being 'enemy' siding opposites sides or they will become ally and mend their friendship. 

• Like 6

Hwi appears to have been a little shaken when he saw the king

next to the slain crown prince and BW standing next to them.

The way Hwi looked at BW tells how tired he is of all that killing.

There is a similar scene in SFD though much more brutal as the crown prince

was a little boy there.

BW himself killed the crown prince by the sword and then turned around

and met the horrified gaze of his bodyguard.

• Like 2

That was intense!  Whistling arrows and slashing swords and armed men roaming around in the night.  Namjeon, Sambong, the ministers supporting Namjeon and the crown prince all dead.

I have the feeling Whi is finding out that the revenge he so desperately sought was not as sweet as he imagined.  Besides, his feelings for his old friend, Sunho, still exist.

I like how Bangwon stepped in and finished Namjeon off himself, saving Whi from the guilt of killing his friend's father. He seems to be protecting Whi not only physically, but mentally and spiritually also.  I get the feeling that Bangwon would like to have Whi by his side while he builds "the nation of the abandoned".  Remember, that was Whi's initial statement he made to Bangwon before Yeon was killed.  Whi stated he wanted to see this new nation with Bangwon.  I think Bangwon trusts Whi and would like to see him next to him as he continues his rise to power. I think Bangwon allowed Whi his revenge against Namjeon, but now that Whi has satisfied his revenge, Bangwon hopes Whi will continue to support him.

Whi's loyal brothers-in-arms are there again right by his side, covering his back and supporting him out of love.  When Munbok got hit with the arrow, I shouted,"NO, NOT MUNBOK!"  But it turned out he had three layers of protective vest under his clothes.  Was he just seeing if he could make Jung Beom cry?  Or was he hoping Hwahol would be ready to patch him up again?

Speaking of patching up.  These dudes in this drama overcome being shot by arrows, slashed by swords, dragged and beaten and live to tell the tale.  What's up with that?!

Heejae finally shows she is a strong woman of action and determination and steps forward to deliver important messages to Whi and also devised a plan to build that burning wall to stop the king's progress.  She probably saved everyone, including Ihrwahu.

Now it seems it will be Sunho's turn for revenge against Whi and Bangwon.  Will the sorrow never end?  

• Like 6

Like many have said, Bang Won saved Hwi on many aspects. It takes one to know how a guilty feeling goes deep and gnaw your conscience and your soul if you have to kill a friend or someone you consider a friend or family but the act has to be done anyway for the greater good. Bang Won allowed Hwi to go to Nam Jeon's villa to have his revenge on the evil minister, who's betrayed his friend, Hwi and Yeon's father out of greed and saved Hwi from feeling guilty on top of everything else by killing NJ himself because he also had valid reasons to do that.

Sun Ho was trying to prevent Hwi from killing his father because he doesn't want Hwi to add to his sins. Sun Ho wanted to be blamed for his father's death, because he wanted to save his friend, as maybe due to his affection for Yeon, whom he failed to protect while her real brother is gone. When he was finally stabbed by Hwi, he told the latter that even his stab is warming. It seems Hwi intentionally stabbed him in a spot that will not do too much damage. As Moon Bok said, he's not going to die from that stab wound.

It's a pity that Hwi will continue to suffer and be in the frontline once again for the next chapter of Bang Won's rise to power. It's predestined that Bang Won will go against King Taejo but before that he will have to fight Taejo and his army and Sun Ho and Bang Gan's forces. What's good about the alliance of Bang Won and Hwi is that both are military tacticians since both of them honed their skills on the battlefront. 

In the preview, someone was telling Sun Ho to align with Bang Gan to go against Bang Won and in effect Hwi. Bang Gan is a sly character and he sides with anyone as long as it favors him. He's been trying to get Hwi to his side and when he saw the way Hwi fights, he thinks that the latter's fighting style is familiar. Since Bang Won and Bang Gan have the same mother, they both received military training from Hwi's dad. Bang Gan is also ambitious and he's envious of Bang Won's fame and fortune.

King Taejo is ruthless, and that's understandable so he could establish a new country and a new era. Aside from fear, I think he's jealous of the prowess of Bang Won. He knows Bang Won can get want he wants, which means he needs to build a thick wall to prevent Bang Won from usurping his position. Did he think that Nam Jeon is a good enough shield?

He's a user as well. He keeps NJ by his side despite knowing the atrocities and abuses that evil minister fosters, as a foil against Bang Won. While he may believe that he has to keep your enemies closer, he's not good at reading people, because NJ continuously went against him. Okay, he receives intel, but those are after the fact most of the time. He's trying to show NJ that he's keeping tabs on him but that's just for shock effect, because NJ already had done the deed.

He chose the youngest prince as his successor because he wants to rule longer. What a lame excuse. He did not even think that the country he violently founded will suffer when his successor is a weakling in every aspect. He knows that NJ was going to support the CP so NJ can rule behind a puppet king, but King Taejo did not do anything to keep NJ from realizing that ambition. He's more interested in preventing Bang Won from becoming the next king.

Why won't he recognize Bang Won's contribution to his cause? It was real and in-your-face fact. Telling him that as a king's subject Bang Won was useful but as a father, he considers Bang Won just his fifth-born child is challenging Bang Won. He's two-faced as well, because he tells people before he became king that he considers Bang Won as his first born. So he is a person who goes back on his word.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4