Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@Prettysup  what do you think?

Edit:  article of Jang Hyuk possible casting is in prev page.

Well, maybe they will name him as a special appearance or something. Anyway I guess his likes this role a lot if he should accept it, so we fans will just support him in whatever decisions he make.

• Like 5

Both Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan are on my watchlist... Can't wait to see them on the same screen! Count me in, chingudeul!

• Like 2

Jang Hyuk Joins Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, And Seolhyun In Upcoming JTBC Drama

da81711c3cbc4058a05b76618489f1a8.jpeg?s=

On February 21, Sidus HQ Entertainment revealed that Jang Hyuk has confirmed his appearance in JTBC’s new historical drama “My Country” (literal title). The drama takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty.

Previously, it was confirmed that Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, and Seolhyun will also star in the drama.

Jang Hyuk will be taking on the role of Lee Bang Won, the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo dynasty to begin the Joseon dynasty. While he was expected to become the successor to the throne for his contribution to the founding of Joseon, his father shows favor to his half-brother instead. Thus, Lee Bang Won begins his lonely journey to become the crowned prince.

Jang Hyuk responded to the casting news, “The overall development of the drama fascinated me. The story is also interesting. This is my second time taking on the role of Lee Bang Won after the 2015 film “The Age of Innocence.” This time, I would like to portray a different side of the antagonist.”

“My Country” is scheduled to premiere in the second half of this year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1305211wpp/jang-hyuk-joins-yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-and-seolhyun-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama

• Like 2
  • Love 2

jTBC’s Historical Drama “My Country” Rounds Up Stellar Cast By Emylyn Castalla | 

THE UPCOMING SAGEUK BOASTS OF A DREAM TEAM ENSEMBLE AS IT GATHERS SOME OF THE WELL-KNOWN NAMES IN THE INDUSTRY.

jTBC-My-Country-Cast.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, Jang Hyuk, Kim Seol Hyun and Kim Young Chul are all confirmed to star in My Country.

The drama, set in waning days of the Goryeo period to the early Joseon dynasty, centers on the desire for power and patronage. In the middle of this power struggle, two friends will go against each other because of their conflicting beliefs.

My Country Cast

Yang Se Jong plays Seo Hwi, a general’s son. His father is a fierce warrior who is in charge of conquering the north under the King’s name. As such, Seo Hwi is resolute when it comes to injustice. However, he retains a cheerful attitude in a life full of strife.

Meanwhile, Woo Do Hwan portrays the character of Nam Sun Ho, Seo Hwi’s longtime friend. He is a smart and well-skilled individual with a good appearance and comfortable smile. There is an issue surrounding his birth as he was born to a mother who is from a low class and an aristocrat father. He dreams of joining the military to overcome the pain of being an illegitimate child.

Jang Hyuk takes on the role of Lee Bang Won, the nation’s prince who helped his father, the King, to topple the Goryeo dynasty and establishes a monarchy in the transitioning period. Although people expect him to inherit the throne, his father favors his half-brother over him. As a result, he will begin a lonely fight to claim his birthright.

AOA’s Kim Seol Hyun will be returning to a television drama after four years. She plays Han Hee Jae, an intelligent and forward-thinking woman. Hee Jae is discouraged and embittered with the dishonesty and unscrupulousness of those in powers. She will have a fateful meeting with Seo Hwi and Nam Sun Ho.

Lastly, veteran Kim Young Chul, who has portrayed memorable characters in his long career, adds credibility to the cast. He plays Lee Seong Gye, a gentle and level-headed character who has combat training.

The combination of these actors makes My Country one of the dramas to watch out for. PD Kim Jin Won (Just Between Lovers, The Innocent Man) takes on directing duties and screenwriter Chae Seung Dae pens the script.

My Country will air on jTBC in the second half of this year.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/jtbc-historical-drama-my-country-stellar-cast/

• Like 3

Why get such a solid set of actors and then hire an idol actress as the female lead - it's like they're asking for her to get criticised when she inevitably ends up sticking out in the show

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, anony12345 said:

Why get such a solid set of actors and then hire an idol actress as the female lead - it's like they're asking for her to get criticised when she inevitably ends up sticking out in the show

You have a point.

Wow What are cool actors !!! And the plot is good ...
In addition, it will be interesting to compare Lee Bang Won performed by Jang Hyuk and Yoo Ah In. Who better to play the great king ??? We will soon find out ...:P

• Like 2

Yang Se Jong + Woo Do Whan= maybe bromance?  they play best friends.. will probably be enemies later on?

First time they'll be in historical drama genre. I am excited to see them. They both good actors.

I'm going to watch of course esp for Jang Hyuk!

So my watchlist of upcoming dramas mostly coming from JTBC :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I'm waiting for this actually. Been a while since I last watch the lead actors.

The men in this drama! There's a lot of male characters. I ain't complaning :P:D

• Like 1

I don't care that he's not the leading actor,i love him and i will watch this drama :heart:

i love that is a historical drama(my favorite type of dramas)

I don't know how to end up returning into this thread again. There were some posts I posted almost a year ago too. Woahhh... what happened to this drama? Will they air it or not?

On 12/21/2018 at 7:22 PM, larus said:
On 12/21/2018 at 6:08 AM, stargazer187 said:

Now I begin to question will they include romance? Lol. It's so wasted if both gorgeous men are left alone without love interest. :lol:

Probably they will have some ladies caring for them but, reading the synopsis, I was thinking there will be strong feelings between them and I am already saying .... please, make up you too. Two friends aiming their swords against one another due to differences in opinion and  over a misunderstanding? Tragic.  At least, I wish they won`t fall in love with the same girl but knowing kdramaland, It is possible. :(

My happy ending will be... the two men reconcile. :wub:

I agreed. The synopsis would likely go that way, hoping the same thing. Hope they'll air this soon and happy ending for both men. I need to see YSJ again on my screen. He's being absent pretty long now.

41 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Woahhh... what happened to this drama? Will they air it or not? 

I read about September broadcast but I am not sure.

• Like 1