[Drama 2019] My Country, 나의 나라

0ly40

‘My Country’ episode 7 Knetz comments:

1.    Jang Hyuk is a great chemistry fairy, whether it’s with Lee Seung-gye or Hwi, great immersion…. When Hwi and Hee-jae come out, the ost was suitable, and the story is solid, so it's good to see! (+271 -5)

2.    When Jang Hyuk appears, it's the height of tension. In Seonjukgyo, the loneliness of being alienated from the founding of the country even if you were the one who shed blood instead of your father, it was expressed in a gentle metabolic tone. Lee Bang-won = Jang Hyuk (+213 -6)

3.    Jang Hyuk’s acting the best ~~ (+164 -7)

4.    I thought it would be fun if Jang Hyuk will shoot a KBS epic drama as the main character set at the end of the Goryeo Dynasty or the end Three Kingdoms Period. Or maybe Sejo will be fine. (+138 -4)

5.    Jang Hyuk's screen presence is beyond imagination! (+127 -5)

0002819277_001_20191026091718697.jpg?typ

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=108&aid=0002819277

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Sun-ho doesn't realize Hwi doesn't need Sun-ho to save him. It shows that although they are/were? bestfriends, Sun-ho doesn't know Hwi well enough, probably because he's primarily focused on his own goals. What Hwi needs from Sun-ho is for him to use his power to do the right thing, which is of course, also difficult considering Sun-ho's tricky position. 

Hmmm... I'm still 10 minutes in Episode 7 but I hope this episode is as good as or better than the previous ones.

• Like 4

Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan, and Seolhyun get a glimpse of their drama for the first time! The cast also shares how they helped each other out, what it was like filming with veteran actors, and much more! (with English subs)

And new stills for ep 8 tonight

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20191026

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan, and Seolhyun get a glimpse of their drama for the first time! The cast also shares how they helped each other out, what it was like filming with veteran actors, and much more! (with English subs)

And new stills for ep 8 tonight

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20191026

The video is awesome! :w00t: And finally something with english subs, awww look at their cuteness. Their offscreen chemistry definitely reflects on their scenes and this is evident here. I like how each of them is cheering for the other. Can't comment on every single thing, it'll be nonstop lol. But that scene in the end looking at YSJ's tears, lol he gets immersed eaaaasily. And look how humble he is. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 3

When Sun-ho said he's been suffering everyday and endured the mockery and contempt to get this far, I felt that. He's been making cold decisions but I understand where he is coming from. Also, Hwi understands Sun-ho's situation but they both must do what they have to do. 

Anyway, sorry to ask but I think I may have missed something. Bang-won said he killed someone named Po-eun. Who is Po-eun? Does anyone know? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Anyway, sorry to ask but I think I may have missed something. Bang-won said he killed someone named Po-eun. Who is Po-eun? Does anyone know? 

From wikipedia :   

Yi Bang-won was the fifth son of King Taejo. During his early days, he helped his father extend his support with the citizens and many influential figures of the government. Yi Bang-won helped his father found a new dynasty by assassinating powerful officials such as Jeong Mong-ju, who remained loyal to the Goryeo dynasty.

Jeong Mong-ju, also known by his pen name Poeun , was a prominent Korean scholar-official and diplomat during the late Goryeo period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Jeong Mong-ju, also known by his pen name Poeun , was a prominent Korean scholar-official and diplomat during the late Goryeo period.

Ooooh I see! Thank you for the link! :heart: I thought I missed something in earlier episodes. I didn't know it can be Googled. :lol:

• Like 4

Some more interesting historical facts about Po-eun and his death:

Following a banquet held for him, Jeong Mong-ju (Poeun) was assassinated in 1392 by five men on the Sonjuk bridge in Gaeseong. Politically motivated, the murder was ordered by Yi Bang Won, the fifth son of Yi Seong gye who overthrew the Goryeo Dynasty in order to establish the Joseon Dynasty.

Jeong Mong-ju was murdered because he refused to betray his loyalty to the Goryeo Dynasty. Yi Bang-won recited a poem to dissuade Jeong Mong-ju from remaining loyal to the Goryeo court, but Jeong Mong-ju answered with another poem that affirmed his loyalty. Yi Seong-gye is said to have lamented Jeong Mong-ju's death and rebuked his son because Jeong Mong-ju was a highly regarded politician by the common people.

The bridge where Jeong Mong-ju was murdered, nowadays in North Korea, has now become a national monument of that country. A brown spot on one of the stones is said to be Jeong Mong-ju's bloodstain, and is said to become red whenever it rains. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

The bridge where Jeong Mong-ju was murdered, nowadays in North Korea, has now become a national monument of that country.

What a rich story. Learning this part of Korea's history must be a little complex as you'll see that Bang-won betrayed Poeun but at the same time if Bang-won didn't get to where he was, they wouldn't have Sejong the Great. 

Just checked a few minutes ago and the new episode isn't up on Netflix yet? Vagabond (which airs at the same time I think) is already updated but not My Country.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Some more interesting historical facts about Po-eun and his death:

Following a banquet held for him, Jeong Mong-ju (Poeun) was assassinated in 1392 by five men on the Sonjuk bridge in Gaeseong. Politically motivated, the murder was ordered by Yi Bang Won, the fifth son of Yi Seong gye who overthrew the Goryeo Dynasty in order to establish the Joseon Dynasty.

Jeong Mong-ju was murdered because he refused to betray his loyalty to the Goryeo Dynasty. Yi Bang-won recited a poem to dissuade Jeong Mong-ju from remaining loyal to the Goryeo court, but Jeong Mong-ju answered with another poem that affirmed his loyalty. Yi Seong-gye is said to have lamented Jeong Mong-ju's death and rebuked his son because Jeong Mong-ju was a highly regarded politician by the common people.

The bridge where Jeong Mong-ju was murdered, nowadays in North Korea, has now become a national monument of that country. A brown spot on one of the stones is said to be Jeong Mong-ju's bloodstain, and is said to become red whenever it rains. 

So here it is said that is known that YBW didn't do the murder himself but ordered it, while in the show they say he killed him with his own hands, and that is used as an excuse for hiring Hwi so YBW could order him to kill people, and not kill them himself... The reality kinda undermines that reasoning :)

I wish they would have filmed the actual murder-that would have made it more dramatic...

• Like 2

DAMN,this is immoral,to expect us to wait till Friday after that freaking cliffhanger!!!!

I'm quite sure that Hwi double plotted with Bang Won to cross Nam Jeon and go all out with the assassination as part of the show and out Nam Jeon in front of The King for trying to kill a royal and forcing him to loose his status,position and grace as his trusted man and so choosing Bang Won...Hwi clearly shot all of Bang Won's guards as well as Tae Ryong on their sholders or points that didn't kill them and Tae Ryong obviously for one of the greatest swordsmen of that time backed out with just one arrow...I think Hwi clearly expected Nam Jeon would try to get rid of Bang Won after the poster with the info is out in the air and he thinks Bang Won is the one who did it and has the secret letter so more than sure after Bang Won also knew about all Hwi backstory accepted Hwi's devised assassination plan getting rid of him as Nam Jeon wanted and making the King loose a man who would help him...So at that moment both Hwi and Bang Won choose each other no matter the ulterior reasons(Hwi keeping&saving Yeon and maybe his life and Bang Won his position and getting rid of a thorn weakening his father's position,warn the other high ups and a valuable possible new comrade) as they had more in common than against while Nam Jeon failed to see that he gave Hwi the perfect person to ally with and for all his big talk failed to read him,actually underestimating Hwi and that will ultimately be his downfall...Something that i hint Sun Ho could see...

My heart really ached for Jeom Beom's story,such a sad one and he is just one of many who suffered in that period...I actually expected and kinda wanted for Hae Jae to tell Hwi that his father saved her when she was small,it would have been an even greater emotional moment....Now,i love badass Hwi,that scene at the party when he went after Nam Jeon with that sword looked sooo freaking badass!!!!

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

Hwi is becoming more and more unpredictable it's sooo awesome! And they left us with this cliffhanger, what a cliffhanger! How can I wait till next week :tears:

Rating is 4.9%, I'm trying not to think much of the rating since there are many things to consider, it's a cable channel, 11 is apparently late for Koreans (not for me lol), and people are watching through Netflix, so I hope it's not a big deal. It's popular on Naver and the actors keep on being among the hot searches it pleases me.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, r047 said:

Hwi is becoming more and more unpredictable it's sooo awesome! And they left us with this cliffhanger, what a cliffhanger! How can I wait till next week :tears:

Rating is 4.9%, I'm trying not to think much of the rating since there are many things to consider, it's a cable channel, 11 is apparently late for Koreans (not for me lol), and people are watching through Netflix, so I hope it's not a big deal. It's popular on Naver and the actors keep on being among the hot searches it pleases me.

It's actually good because it's equivalent rating like in the public channels is 9.8% just almost the same with vagabond.

• Like 3

‘My Country’ episode 8 top Knetz’s comments

1.    Jang Hyuk ability to digest the character left me breathless. The birth of the greatest Lee Bang-won ever. (+898 -8)

2.    My country Kim Young-cheol, Ahn Nae-sang, Jang Hyuk took the center stage. I think Woo Do-hwan and Yang Se-jong are also good at digesting characters.The beautiful Seolhyun who melts naturally in the passionate performance of the above actors. The characters and the background match well, ost is  good, overall the drama is very interesting. (+688 -19)

3.    Jang Hyuk charismatic blast ᅲᅲ (+383 -13)

4.    Jang Hyuk left me speechless (+285 -6)

5.    Charismatic Jang Hyuk~ (+185 -10)

6.    Jang Hyuk is an actor who was always admired for his acting, although I am not his fan, his performance here is really awesome. I am watching as a fan of Yang Se-jong, and in the scene where they act together, their powers and energies are different. (+158 -4)

7. That has to be self-orchestrated by Yi Bang-won right? Otherwise it wont make sense (+95 -0)

8. When Jang Hyuk appears, the immersion power is not joking !! (+91 -3)

9. I like Woo Doo-hwan so much, his eyes look so sad (+92 -9)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003487920

1.    At first, a lot of people said Jang Hyuk wasn't the main character, but I think the main character is the one who leads the story. As expected, it's Jang Hyuk. (+441 -9)

2.   This is Jang Hyuk's life work after 'Chuno'. In modern historical dramas, there are not many actors who are as focused and charismatic as Jang Hyuk. Kim Young-chul is also a good actor. Maybe I got attracted to 'My Country' by veteran actors like Jang Hyuk and Kim Young-chul, otherwise it will be Woo Do Hwan... .It would have been hard for Yang Se-jong alone to drive up the popularity of this drama. By the way, Jang Hyuk's acting really left me speechless...In Gyo-jin and Ahn Nae-sang are also good actors... (+401 -9)

3.    Jang Hyuk ~ You're good at acting, so charismatic ~ (+152 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0003293251

1. Best sense of immersion !! (+ 169 -1)

2. Camellia and My country are the best these days! I mean, if they both had a big ratings increase (+159 -4)

3. I love it when Jang Hyuk and Yang Se-jong come out. (+134 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003487944

201910270759703364_1_20191027093137826.j

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1