Emoji review challenge

Lmangla

you ever find yourself wanting a drama to watch and hoping for some recommendations? well, here's your chance to help your chingus here at soompi by giving a emoji review of a drama that you watched. so instead of writing an essay, just write a max of 5 sentences. your review can even be one sentence! and make sure you include at least one emoji reaction to show how you felt about the drama. you can include a max of 3 emojis per review.

example:

five children -- :w00t: -- buy one, get one free! don't you feel excited when you get something free? here, you get 4 romances for the price of one drama! ^_^

this is just a fun mini-event and so no prizes or participation points. and you can include other asian dramas like chinese or thai since many of us are watching those as well. enjoy!

One Litre of Tears.

From the title only, you know what this means. Based on a true story about a girl who suddenly get ataxia spinocerebellar. :heartbreak::heartbreak::heartbreak:

@Lmangla This is such a great idea! I am always on the hunt for good dramas to watch and it's nice to be able to go to one place and see what other people are recommending. 

My first recommendation would be... 

Goblin -  :heart: :bawling: :joy:

1. There's an air of mystery in the entire drama where you just don't know how things are going to unfold.
  2. You're going to love the chemistry between the OTP and the bromance is a plus.
  3. This drama will make you laugh, cry and root for all the characters 
  4. It truly is magical and you'll understand when you watch it

Plus nine boys! ( @Dhakra you will agree !) 

One of those underrated but lovely coming of age dramas :). Revolves around 4 men all with ages ending with nine ( 39, 29, 19 & 9) finding themselves & learning about life  :wub: The Korean superstition is that the ninth year of every decade in one’s  life is suppose to be “cursed “ - with more hardships & challenges expected ! :scream:. Check out the drama to see if these guys can beat superstition & find love 

Spoiler

photo468768.jpg

edit: @UnniSarah any emoji is fine.

Spoiler

lmangla is unable to answer due to some family matters. So am answering on her behalf.

6 hours ago, triplem said:

One of those underrated but lovely coming of age dramas :). Revolves around 4 men all with ages ending with nine ( 39, 29, 19 & 9) finding themselves & learning about life  :wub: The Korean superstition is that the ninth year of every decade is one’s  life is suppose to be “cursed “ - with more hardships & challenges expected ! :scream:. Check out the drama to see if these guys can beat superstition & find love 

Haven't watched this. But because of your recommendation, I will watch it asap ;)

Meteor garden -1f34d.png

I don't think anyone would be unfamiliar with the BoF/ HYD franchise, if someone don't know about them then they don't deserve to watch Asian dramas at all. LOL. What made Meteor garden special for me is definitely the OTP, they are the cutest and you can really feel the love and longing between them when they are together and apart. Pineapple head ftw!!!!!!! 

26 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i remember seeing your boy earlier this week with Mike in a basketball court i think....he has more CURLS on his head!!!! 

Yes!!!! They were at the NBA fans day event last week. I even posted the pic of them togetger in the add and subtract thread. And on another news, Shen Yue is on a variety show called lipstick prince with Mike. She is also doing a variety show with Dylan. Busy girl she is...LOL. 

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Oh yes, I do. Still my favourite drama of all time. It changed my life and I inhaled the drama like it was nothing. Binge watched it in two nights and I remember it till this day. 
Absolute must-watch for at least every guy around. I could write essays about how awesome this drama is. 

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haven't watched this. But because of your recommendation, I will watch it asap ;)

Well chosen, you won't regret it.

Producers (2015)  12 episodes only - smile-eggy-emoticon.gif?1302821236-   ugly-chick-smiley-12.gif?1302019796ugly-chick-smiley-15.gif?1302019796   -              ugly-chick-smiley-20.gif?1302019796

A rookie PD (Kim Soo Hyun) , two veterans (Cha Tae Hyun and Gong Hyo Jin) and a popular but unhappy idol aka the ice princess (IU) are the main characters in a story that shows the reality of the entertainment and broadcast industry.  

The rookie and Ice princess serve us the cute, innocent and sincere part of the story. :innocent:The two veterans have adapted to the industry and managed to survive. :persevere: Together they melt the ice princess and help her free herself from agency. Don't expect the usual romance here. There are some infatuations, confessions, heartbreaks and patch ups. :heartbreak:

If you have not watched drunk KSH crave for chicken gizzards you are missing something!

Spoiler

Tomorrow With You (2016) ( @USAFarmgirl  knows this too) 

In spite of complaints that the time travel was confusing and that the audience could not understand how the male lead had the ability to do so :crazy:, this drama has an amazing love story & message that is carried by the crackling chemistry between Lee Je Hoon and Shin Min Ah. :love:  Lee Je Hoon plays a rich realtor , So Joon who discovers that the fate of SMA's character (Ma Rin)  is intertwined with his, and she is somehow linked to their  impending deaths. He selfishly  courts and marries her in the hope of changing their  destiny,  :ph34r:but as the story progresses it seemed that his desperate attempts to alter the present in hopes of changing the future  were pointless.   See for yourself  how So Joon  learns about the true meaning of selfless love, and if he and Ma Rin can beat fate . :w00t:

Circle (2017) (Mystery, Drama, Sci Fi) 

At the heart of this drama is the story of 2 brothers - Kim Woo Jin and Kim Kang Woo.  :heart:They live with their father and one night, they encounter an alien. It doesn't tell you what happens after. You are then taken to year 2037 where you discover that Kim Woo Jin has been missing all these years Kim Kang Woo has spent his life looking for him. What happened to the alien and how is she tied to them? Kim Kang Woo meets a woman who resembles the alien from his childhood but she claims to be just an ordinary girl. So who is she? The drama takes you back and forth between the year 2017 and 2037 as you try to figure out what happened in 2017 and how it has led to the events in 2037. :scream:  I loved this drama because it kept me in suspense and it was impossible to predict what was going to happen next. :thumbsup:

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (2016) ( @triplem @USAFarmgirl @staygold @kokodusand many, many more know and love it)

Just an innocent cute little lovestory between a swimmer & weightlifting girl preparing on a high school and facing daily problems while discovering true love :heart:. No bad guys, no drama clichés, just the usual inner demons :naughty:that everyone has to fight each day. it's like a window to another world, the perfect drama to end a stressful day, a fresh breeze that lightens up you day. 

Every supporting character is fantastic and the friendship between the leads and their friends is so touching and heart-warming. There are so many scenes that will touch your heart and follow you through the day. :relaxed:

And not to forget the chemistry between Lee Sung-Kyung & Nam Joo-Hyuk. It is probably one of the best chemistries ever, not to forget that they also become a real life couple afterwards. 

Archived