[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷

TheRedPheonix

On 10/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, TheRedDragon said:

Can you also give a gist to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YBAjXQSWKI

Q: Are you reading the Grave Robbers' Chronicles? Which book are you on?

A: It's quite hard to go through the entire timeline, so while I'm reading it by myself, I'll also chat with Sanshu (Nanpai Uncle). It'll help me have a faster overall impression of character relationships and understanding of the timeline.

(I only translated the part that has something to do with TNR, but in another part ZYL mentioned that if he wasn't an actor he might try being a diving instructor ^^)

• Thanks 3

On 10/21/2018 at 8:00 PM, wei29 said:

I think that's what makes Wu Xie such a difficult character to play! I didn't even realise that we might know the least about Wu Xie precisely because it's him narrating; thanks for bringing that up! Also since it's a first person pov, it's easy for the readers to put themselves in Wu Xie's shoes, hence everyone's impression of him is a little different.

Well at least in Sand Sea we get to see Wu Xie from Li Cu's perspective? :D

(I'm a teenager and I'm tired

I'm dancing ballet in the desert)

Yeah that everybody can read and interpret Wu Xie differently and as a reader, everyone is their own Wu Xie. 

On 10/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, wei29 said:

Q: Are you reading the Grave Robbers' Chronicles? Which book are you on?

A: It's quite hard to go through the entire timeline, so while I'm reading it by myself, I'll also chat with Sanshu (Nanpai Uncle). It'll help me have a faster overall impression of character relationships and understanding of the timeline.

(I only translated the part that has something to do with TNR, but in another part ZYL mentioned that if he wasn't an actor he might try being a diving instructor ^^)

Thanks! So he keeps in contact with Sanshu, this will definitely help

• Like 2

He has started filming! 

https://twitter.com/Zorachue/status/1057213325006667777

I'm curious, when they said he's going into the mountain for filming, i thought it was just an expression, but is he really going up to a mountain for the filming?? Like, in this weather?? And the first pic he shared showed how messy he was the poor dear~ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biskotmeri said:

He has started filming! 

https://twitter.com/Zorachue/status/1057213325006667777

I'm curious, when they said he's going into the mountain for filming, i thought it was just an expression, but is he really going up to a mountain for the filming?? Like, in this weather?? And the first pic he shared showed how messy he was the poor dear~ 

Well, as the tombs in China are always buried in mountains, you are supposed to go there to dig them up. As for the location for filming, I haven’t been to Hengdian, Zhejiang before, but I think there are some hills around the studio for filming. I heard they have blocked the filming area to prevent stalkers or any possibility of leakage. Some actors are still a mystery. And we hadn’t seen any photos on set before ZYL’s post, so they’ve done a good job keeping it secret so far.

• Like 2

Ah, it's so lively here today! Finally some update after Long Ge started filming lol

@biskotmeri Things might get even more messier :D There's a lot of mud involved from what I've read in the manga.

Tombs are usually set in mountains because the Feng Shui there is supposed to be really good! 

• Like 1

Ah thank you for the info guys! They're keeping things really hush for the shooting of this drama though, is that normal? I mean, do they usually keep some of the cast secret and reveal them little by little when filming dramas? I'm so excited to see more updates, but from what you guys said, it's going to be a lot messier haha poor them! Still, I hope the actors and especially our Longge have a lot of fun too while filming :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, biskotmeri said:

Ah thank you for the info guys! They're keeping things really hush for the shooting of this drama though, is that normal? I mean, do they usually keep some of the cast secret and reveal them little by little when filming dramas? I'm so excited to see more updates, but from what you guys said, it's going to be a lot messier haha poor them! Still, I hope the actors and especially our Longge have a lot of fun too while filming :)

The previous Sand Sea is known to declare castings just an hour before broadcast. Other dramas also have a publicity period where their official accounts are active a bit during the production and then fall silent during post production. Until actual promos start with behind the scenes and teasers, there isn't much info. But this Youku production is S+ class that means that it has Youku's highest resources engaged. They are going to keep it as closed and guarded as possible while putting teasers out to keep fans occupied, a bit like Marvel. Then they also know the troubles that happened during True Friend. Still, it isn't foolproof however secure they make it. Hengdian has its issues. ZYL is going to be surrounded by best resources and talent during this period, I think he will feel the sweet pressure to perform and learn as well. The cast is very out-going so hopefully he has fun and builds solid friendships.^_^

4 hours ago, wei29 said:

Ah, it's so lively here today! Finally some update after Long Ge started filming lol

@biskotmeri Things might get even more messier :D There's a lot of mud involved from what I've read in the manga.

Tombs are usually set in mountains because the Feng Shui there is supposed to be really good! 

Hahaha:D...mud reminds me of certain scenes that a lot of fans are looking forward to. About the tombs in China, is there a real thing like that? Can you tell me more? Or give the links to them?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

Hahaha:D...mud reminds me of certain scenes that a lot of fans are looking forward to. About the tombs in China, is there a real thing like that? Can you tell me more? Or give the links to them?

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/astrology/fengshui/graveyard.htm

https://m.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2091868/chinese-history-buff-uses-feng-shui-knowledge-raid-ancient-tombs

Tomb-raiding is an actual thing in China, which is still going on in recent years. It's frowned upon by the government.

(The 'Luoyang shovel' mentioned in the article is one of the first equipments to appear in the series!)

Also it'd be nice to see an English translation for TNR's manga!

• Thanks 1

Alibaba Pictures Group signed a letter of intent to establish a film and television company with Hengdian Chinese Film Industrial Park over the weekend in Hengdian, Zhejiang province, the two companies said on Monday morning.

Zhang Qiang, the chief executive of Alibaba Pictures, said that by pooling resources and reinforcing each other’s capabilities, “we believe our collaboration will make us more competitive and help raise our game in terms of content innovation, investment, production and distribution”.

The two sides would “fully capitalise on each other’s resources to explore extensive co-operation at all levels in the film and television industry”, Alibaba Pictures said in a statement.

The new company would invest, manage, produce and distribute film and television projects in a platform that integrated e-commerce, film and television, it said.

The new firm will also be the training ground for film and television professionals and help promote innovation, driving the development of China’s film and television industry.

Through this partnership, Alibaba Pictures will leverage the resources of Hengdian Film Industrial Park, including its filming studios and facilities, to collaborate in producing, marketing and distributing films and television programmes.

(Alibaba is the owner of Youku)

@TheRedDragon That picture of him with the red wall background is a new picture from TNR set? Whoa what i thought it was an old picture because he looks so.. young. Haha.. I guess that means he's doing well during the filming and not going through so much harsh filming yet lol

Arghh right now i'm torn between wanting to finish the novel and waiting for the drama to come out first, but it's still a long long wait for the drama. I'm slacking on reading the novel anyway haha cuz sometimes the google translations hurt my head, but so far on the chapters i've read, they've already found the tomb under the sea, and man, you're right about there being a lot of mud they're practically swimming in it, and there's already been a nude part (partially i think? Like maybe not completely i can't be sure too the google translations are not exactly accurate) where all their clothes are coming apart when they're climbing out from the tomb hohoho..