[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷

TheRedPheonix

@TheRedDragon There will be 3 seasons? And we'll get the first season next summer??? :w00t: That's great to know, thanks! Oh my God I'm so excited I can't wait! Of course first and foremost because ZYL is starring, and also because I love this kind of thriller supernatural (?) genre, so I think it's a drama I'm gonna enjoy. But I agree with ZQL's actor being a bit too young, because when I read the novel, I somehow get the impression that ZQL should be someone who's very mature, despite being young looking. I'm sorry I can't really tell you yet the kind of relationshop WX and ZQL have because I'm at the earlier part of the novel and can't really grasp the extent of their relationship yet, but so far from what I've read, ZQL is someone who express emotions using body language and eyes, very sharp, and looks after WuXie a lot, so in my opinion it's quite a difficult character to hold.

I hope this young actor delivers, because ZQL is one of the main roles and we already have a line of great actors so I hope this one doesn't dissappoint. I suppose ZYL will start filming tomorrow right? I can't wait to see him it feels like a very long time since we see him in person haha

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, biskotmeri said:

@TheRedDragon There will be 3 seasons? And we'll get the first season next summer??? :w00t: That's great to know, thanks! Oh my God I'm so excited I can't wait! Of course first and foremost because ZYL is starring, and also because I love this kind of thriller supernatural (?) genre, so I think it's a drama I'm gonna enjoy. But I agree with ZQL's actor being a bit too young, because when I read the novel, I somehow get the impression that ZQL should be someone who's very mature, despite being young looking. I'm sorry I can't really tell you yet the kind of relationshop WX and ZQL have because I'm at the earlier part of the novel and can't really grasp the extent of their relationship yet, but so far from what I've read, ZQL is someone who express emotions using body language and eyes, very sharp, and looks after WuXie a lot, so in my opinion it's quite a difficult character to hold.

I hope this young actor delivers, because ZQL is one of the main roles and we already have a line of great actors so I hope this one doesn't dissappoint. I suppose ZYL will start filming tomorrow right? I can't wait to see him it feels like a very long time since we see him in person haha

You should also enjoy while reading so read at your pace. Thanks, it is already a lot of new info for me.:)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lemsaine said:

@TheRedDragon For Yang Yang, we can only dream... 

QiLing is so old. He's older than Zhang QiShan (FoYe). And it will be hard to potrayed the character, because he rarely speak. 

I thought that Qiling is the last descendant of Zhang and Foye is his ancestor 

• Like 1

I've read all 6 of the translated books of the grave robbers' chronicles and some of the translated conversations between WuXie and Qiling from the remaining books. I believe their relationship is bromance boderline BL. As for Qiling's age, he stopped aging since that one tomb raiding trip with Wu Xie's uncle three group under the sea. I think uncle three was about Wu Xie's age at that time.

I'm new to this forum and not sure if this is considered spoiler and i don't know how to hide it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheRedDragon said:

Hi! @xmh322 :) Thank you for the information. I don't think it should be specific spoiler as the drama is only a derived work. We actually need someone who has more knowledge on the series. If you want to discuss or share, you are very welcome.

If possible, can you please share these translated versions? I will add them to the resources post. Thank you.

Hi, i bought the translated books on amazon 2 years ago. It's incomplete since the translator decided not to continue with it. The remaining books 7-9 conversations between Wu Xie and Qiling can be found on this blog

http://bltranslation.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-380-utterances-of-kylin-zhang-grave.html?m=1

Amazon books 1-6

https://www.amazon.com/Grave-Robbers-Chronicles-vol-1-6/dp/1934159379/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539411755&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=grave+robber+chronicles&dpPl=1&dpID=51hrEClORcL&ref=plSrch

The first drama for this novel is The lost tomb (book 1), there was some rumor about drama for book 2 but there's no news on it since last year. Then there's another Sand Sea with Leo Wu Lei also related to the main series.

I'm very curious about this drama. The ending of the 9th book showed that Qiling is guarding inside a tomb and asked Wu Xie to come back in 10 years if he still remember him. Since this drama takes place 10 years after. I wonder if they will connect it with the ending of the book.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, xmh322 said:

I thought that Qiling is the last descendant of Zhang and Foye is his ancestor 

I read about him here https://centdevotee.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/the-mystic-nine-special-105-secrets-about-fo-ye-and-er-ye/ the article said that they are brothers. Even Er Ye have met Qi Ling but didn't like him because he is too white...

• Like 1

Hello!

The storyline of Grave Robbers Chronicles can be divided into six parts:
老九门 - 盗墓笔记1-8 - 藏海花 - 沙海 - 十年 - 重启

The Mystic Nine (老九门) is about the nine powerful families ruling over Changsha a few generations before Wu Xie.

Grave Robbers Chronicles 1-8 (盗墓笔记 1-8) is the main series centered around Wu Xie.

Zang Hai Hua (藏海花) takes place five years after the main series ended. Wu Xie and Fatty find out more about Zhang Qilin's background and the Zhang family.

Sha Hai (沙海) (the tomb of the sea?) is the series that was on-air recently. 

Wu Xie goes and fetches Zhang Qilin from the mountain in Ten Years (十年).

After all that is Restart (重启), where Wu Xie receives a text message from his third uncle and sets off with Fatty and Zhang Qilin.

Been refreshing this page constantly over the past few days so I decided to just make an account haha ^^ My Chinese is ok so I might be able to help with translations and stuff~

• Thanks 3

In one of the grave robbers' chronicles book. It was said that uncle three is supposedly dead and the ones who's assuming his identity is the cousin that look/bear the same resemblance as him since uncle three's lover was hiding/running from him unless i remember wrong. If any in here read it please refresh my memory or  I just need to re-read those books again.

9 hours ago, lemsaine said:

I read about him here https://centdevotee.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/the-mystic-nine-special-105-secrets-about-fo-ye-and-er-ye/ the article said that they are brothers. Even Er Ye have met Qi Ling but didn't like him because he is too white...

I had always thought qiling was just one of his descendants or same clan. I need to revisit the books and see if i missed something. It been 2 years since I've read it. I just remember that one incident where qiling was raiding tomb of the sea with uncle three's expedition group and lost all his memories after. Then a picture of the group surfaced but qiling stayed the same

12 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

Thank you! This is very helpful.^_^ So there are many media and dramas already out, but are they important to understand restart? Can this be watched without prior knowledge of previous books? On authors official site of works, it is a lot of material, it would be tough to even understand where it all leads:sweatingbullets: Lost Tomb 2 https://mydramalist.com/28695-the-lost-tomb-2 

A synopsis about this drama has already outlined the general plot. What I don't know is how much they cover as author said that drama will be different to the book. I don't know Chinese so it is hard to follow all but Wu Xie initially gets message from his 3rd uncle where he begins to find clues. Eventually, he organises a party to look for ZQL. I really need to update myself.:lol:

I was very disappointed with the lost tomb drama. The main reason i watched was because of Qiling but his scenes were supposedly cut down dramatically but it's a short drama i think 11-12 episode so not bad. The Tomb of the Sand Sea I've lost interest after a few episodes. The Mystic was actually not bad. I enjoyed it more than the lost tomb

1 hour ago, xmh322 said:

I had always thought qiling was just one of his descendants or same clan. I need to revisit the books and see if i missed something. It been 2 years since I've read it. I just remember that one incident where qiling was raiding tomb of the sea with uncle three's expedition group and lost all his memories after. Then a picture of the group surfaced but qiling stayed the same

I never read the book. Just read the the articles and comments. But I've read somewhere that QiLing has a disease that he will loose his memory every 10 years, and WuXie help him to remember when that happen. There's the novel continuation which tell that QiLing met WuXie again and join his adventures. Is it true?

1 hour ago, xmh322 said:

I was very disappointed with the lost tomb drama. The main reason i watched was because of Qiling but his scenes were supposedly cut down dramatically but it's a short drama i think 11-12 episode so not bad. The Tomb of the Sand Sea I've lost interest after a few episodes. The Mystic was actually not bad. I enjoyed it more than the lost tomb

I'm so dissapointed when they cut QiLing Scenes in The Lost Tomb. I'm a fans of YangYang but not a fans of his acting. But YangYang is so fit being QiLing. 

I stop watching The Tomb of the San Sea too after episode 7, i don't know why i'm too lazy to watch it.

As for the Mystic nine, i like it too and finished it until the end.

2 hours ago, lemsaine said:

I never read the book. Just read the the articles and comments. But I've read somewhere that QiLing has a disease that he will loose his memory every 10 years, and WuXie help him to remember when that happen. There's the novel continuation which tell that QiLing met WuXie again and join his adventures. Is it true?

I'm so dissapointed when they cut QiLing Scenes in The Lost Tomb. I'm a fans of YangYang but not a fans of his acting. But YangYang is so fit being QiLing. 

I stop watching The Tomb of the San Sea too after episode 7, i don't know why i'm too lazy to watch it.

As for the Mystic nine, i like it too and finished it until the end.

He lost his memory in book 7 which there's no translation for it :bawling: but Wu Xie was with him at that time. They went on more tomb raidings, i believe mainly because Qiling wants to find out more about his past, his purpose, and recollect his memory. Before Qiling went to guard the tomb he said his only connection to this world was Wu Xie. 

I've read that the production team behind the lost tomb was Li Yi Feng studio so they wanted Wu Xie to shine more. The drama made Wu Xie the main central character while the novel is Qiling. Also Yang Yang was the only one who actually read the novel. Acting wise he's mediocre but he got the look for Qiling. Tomb of the sand sea was boring or maybe I didn't invest enough time but they talked too much and I wanted more actions.

I'm still hoping someone will translate the remaining books since it will explain pretty much everything  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xmh322 said:

He lost his memory in book 7 which there's no translation for it :bawling: but Wu Xie was with him at that time. They went on more tomb raidings, i believe mainly because Qiling wants to find out more about his past, his purpose, and recollect his memory. Before Qiling went to guard the tomb he said his only connection to this world was Wu Xie. 

I've read that the production team behind the lost tomb was Li Yi Feng studio so they wanted Wu Xie to shine more. The drama made Wu Xie the main central character while the novel is Qiling. Also Yang Yang was the only one who actually read the novel. Acting wise he's mediocre but he got the look for Qiling. Tomb of the sand sea was boring or maybe I didn't invest enough time but they talked too much and I wanted more actions.

I'm still hoping someone will translate the remaining books since it will explain pretty much everything  

I was planing to buy the eng trans book, but when i knew the eng trans book didn't complete, i cancel it. I don't want to be dissapointed half way. I wonder why they didn't complete the whole translation... to be honest i completely interested in QiLing and WuXie, so i really want to know their story and their adventure.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

Hi! @wei29 Welcome!:lol:

Wow! That is a huge arc, but these points do give a gist and it makes it easier to understand the timeline.:) Thank you for offering to translate, it is really much needed help. There was Rice Festival on 17th August and Nanpai Uncle had a fanmeet. May I ask what he talks about in this vid? Especially about Wu Xie?

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av29587596

A fan asked Nanpai Uncle Zhang Qilin's birthday, and he answered that he didn't really assign Qilin a birthday... Only that Qilin is a Scorpio.

Another asked whether Qilin will be especially handsome in Restart, and Nanpai Uncle said that they hadn't cast him yet, and that casting the characters is always really hard. He also said that they'll be more careful this time. 

And last but not least, someone asked whether Wu Xie will be streaking in Restart :sweatingbullets: *cue shrieks from the audience* Nanpai Uncle replied that he's discussing with the director, and that they have to take the actual picture into account, and also that they have to respect the actor (but he might consider half-naked?)

Hope this was helpful xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/14/2018 at 2:44 PM, wei29 said:

A fan asked Nanpai Uncle Zhang Qilin's birthday, and he answered that he didn't really assign Qilin a birthday... Only that Qilin is a Scorpio.

Another asked whether Qilin will be especially handsome in Restart, and Nanpai Uncle said that they hadn't cast him yet, and that casting the characters is always really hard. He also said that they'll be more careful this time. 

And last but not least, someone asked whether Wu Xie will be streaking in Restart :sweatingbullets: *cue shrieks from the audience* Nanpai Uncle replied that he's discussing with the director, and that they have to take the actual picture into account, and also that they have to respect the actor (but he might consider half-naked?)

Hope this was helpful xD

Thanks again! For non-Chinese speakers, it is a little difficult to understand everything so your help is very much appreciated!:blush:

• LOL 2