[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷

TheRedPheonix

19 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

This was very helpful.:joy: Thank you so much! I watched this video and someone said Wu Xie is going to be naked so I was very interested.:lol: ZYL always seems so conservative and shy so it makes it very cute and high point to us fans.:P So Nanpai Uncle was still trying to work out streaking scenes with the director and being mindful for the actor. I wonder how they discuss it.:phew:

Like should we allow our lead to be half-naked or will it be too much for the censors. Or maybe we should try convince Zhu YiLong to be more bold. The behind the scenes for this would be so funny.:smirk:

Zhang Qilin is immortal right? Like he has been living over a century with a young body. Somehow, with his protectiveness as others have said it is no wonder that he is Scorpio. Must be possessive as well.:D Do you know what Wu Xie's zodiac is? Also why is there a duck in most pictures of Wu Xie?

Thanks again! For non-Chinese speakers, it is a little difficult to understand everything so your help is very much appreciated!:blush:

('Zhang Qiling' with a 'g' at the end; sorry for the mistake ^^")

Wu Xie's birthday is on the 5th of March, which makes him a Pisces!

And I believe they're baby chicks... Fatty once bought Qiling underwear with a baby chicks pattern xD So I guess it has become something like a joke in the fandom?

(According to "50 secrets you did not know about Zhang Qiling" on the daomubiji website, he kinda liked it ><)

Edited by wei29
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2018 at 5:14 PM, wei29 said:

('Zhang Qiling' with a 'g' at the end; sorry for the mistake ^^")

Wu Xie's birthday is on the 5th of March, which makes him a Pisces!

And I believe they're baby chicks... Fatty once bought Qiling underwear with a baby chicks pattern xD So I guess it has become something like a joke in the fandom?

(According to "50 secrets you did not know about Zhang Qiling" on the daomubiji website, he kinda liked it ><)

haha

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheRedDragon said:

I just saw compatibility between Scorpio and Pisces, they have a complete fandom dedicated to these zodiac signs together.:lol: I will post one that is bromantic.

Capture.jpg

Thanks for the reference, I will check it.

It is this one right?

http://www.daomubiji.org/lao-jiu-men

Lol that underwear thing is so funny!:D The mysterious, dangerous Zhang Qiling is actually a softie. Maybe only for Wu Xie;)

006fSATsgy1fw8q0xafduj30c80gadgn.jpg

The thing about their zodiac signs are so sweet ;-;

50 secrets you did not know about Zhang Qiling

http://www.daomubiji.org/1708.html

He's soft for the Iron Triangle because they give him a sense of security my heart :dissapointed_relieved:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wei29 said:

A fan asked ZYL whether he has finish reading the books the author gave him and he replied that there's too much to read :lol: He's making clear of the entire timeline and the characters though. 

Is he gonna read the entire book series though?? Whoa i mean that's a whole lot of reading to do, i'm reading only the tomb notes restart novel and i'm barely finishing it. I guess he still has a lot of time before he begins filming then T_T that's actually sad to think of haha, cuz i'm really looking forward to when he starts filming :(

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, biskotmeri said:

Is he gonna read the entire book series though?? Whoa i mean that's a whole lot of reading to do, i'm reading only the tomb notes restart novel and i'm barely finishing it. I guess he still has a lot of time before he begins filming then T_T that's actually sad to think of haha, cuz i'm really looking forward to when he starts filming :(

Surely he's just reading up on the really important bits... I started reading the series last month after finding out he plays Wu Xie and I'm only at Book 4 xDD

May I ask if you're reading Restart in English or Chinese?

In an interview yesterday (something to do with Lenovo I think) he mentioned that he isn't in the first scene so it'll be a few days before he joins the crew! He said that there's a lot of good actors and he's really looking forward to working with them ^0^

I can't wait for behind-the-scene pictures!!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:47 PM, biskotmeri said:

I will share this. The Jiangsu meteorological department has made a mock video of Tomb Notes Restart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

I don't know why they are so late. Isn't ZYL their lead? He is the central character, how can they shoot so much without him. I am scared to read, so really appreciate you reading so much:lol: I am reading comics and looking pictures:P

I think most of us use google translate to read Chinese. I am waiting for BTS pictures since last week. But most probably we will have only a few pictures. But I read somewhere that the crew will have public shooting so we might see him. It is here can you see if it is right? At Red Army Long March Expo City

000.jpg

%E6%A8%AA%E5%BA%97%E7%BA%A2%E5%86%9B%E9%

72f082025aafa40f25b1782fab64034f79f019c8

I will share this. The Jiangsu meteorological department has made a mock video of Tomb Notes Restart. Such sweet support from them and cross marketing.:D Nanjing weather has reminded everyone that it is open only once a year on 23rd March.^_^

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/jG7Pc6XYe?fid=1034:4296814006861211

Capture.jpg

[first pic]

It only tells us the crews working at the place though! ZYL is listed as one of the actors you might see there :sweatingbullets: 

"Updated everyday at 10. If what you see isn't the crew activity of that day, please refresh the page. (Actors are based on official statements from the crews.)"

• Thanks 1

@wei29 I'm reading using google translate :sweatingbullets: So i might not get the whole picture very clearly, but i think i got the gist of it, i guess enough to understand the general direction of the story haha..

@TheRedDragon I was actually wondering the same thing, why would the lead actor join so late, but i guess since the supporting cast don't need as much preparation as the lead casts, they're shooting those extra scenes first to get it out of the way, for easier editing i guess. Well i don't know about these things, but i think any reason they have to do this would have to be to cut time or cost. Just my two cents :sweatingbullets:

And thank you so much for sharing the video and filming info. It's great of them to make the video, and i guess they read the book too, cuz the scenes really relate to it, and from what i understand the one who posted the vid is also a ZYL fan :lol: Go xiaolongbao! haha..

• Like 2

On 10/19/2018 at 7:26 PM, wei29 said:

[first pic]

It only tells us the crews working at the place though! ZYL is listed as one of the actors you might see there :sweatingbullets: 

"Updated everyday at 10. If what you see isn't the crew activity of that day, please refresh the page. (Actors are based on official statements from the crews.)"

Hi Wei! You can edit the post within the quotes so you can delete other parts and focus on the relevant part, it will become easier for you.:) Thanks for translating. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

Hi Wei! You can edit the post within the quotes so you can delete other parts and focus on the relevant part, it will become easier for you.:) Thanks for translating. I really hope we can have his news soon. Hengdian studios is very excited to host as many tourists and guests so they will talk about ZYL presence anyway.^_^ I am sorry I keep asking, please tell me to stop if it disturbs you but can you tell what is going on with Nanpai Uncle here? Is he going to recruit actors for TNR from this variety?

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/jAb17BGo3?fid=1034:4275860539175383

I'm afraid I'll need a screenshot ^^" The link isn't working for me

(And no owo I don't find this a disturbance at all, on the other hand I'm happy I get to translate stuff ·w·)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

The winner's entire team gets to be in his new drama, while the winner gets to be either the second male lead or the second female lead (depends on who wins). He didn't say what drama it is but it could be Restart I guess...

I'll do the youtube video later if that's ok :lol:

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2018 at 9:05 AM, wei29 said:

The winner's entire team gets to be in his new drama, while the winner gets to be either the second male lead or the second female lead (depends on who wins). He didn't say what drama it is but it could be Restart I guess...

I'll do the youtube video later if that's ok :lol:

Please take your time. You only have to translate what you want to or what you have time for. Thank you so much!:wub:

The screenwriting team

005-Ag-Grwly1fvpdcmefotj30v815oe82.jpg

On 10/14/2018 at 5:35 AM, xmh322 said:

He lost his memory in book 7 which there's no translation for it :bawling: but Wu Xie was with him at that time. They went on more tomb raidings, i believe mainly because Qiling wants to find out more about his past, his purpose, and recollect his memory. Before Qiling went to guard the tomb he said his only connection to this world was Wu Xie. 

I've read that the production team behind the lost tomb was Li Yi Feng studio so they wanted Wu Xie to shine more. The drama made Wu Xie the main central character while the novel is Qiling. Also Yang Yang was the only one who actually read the novel. Acting wise he's mediocre but he got the look for Qiling. Tomb of the sand sea was boring or maybe I didn't invest enough time but they talked too much and I wanted more actions.

I'm still hoping someone will translate the remaining books since it will explain pretty much everything  

I checked the Tomb Notes official account and it seems run by Li Yifeng's management or PR company. YY also had a bit of trouble with his hairstyle as well, then Nanpai Sanshu said a few things and now his fans don't want him to associate with the work anymore. It is unfortunate. With ZYL, his ZQ would have been really good and age appropriate. 

Sand Sea was not as great as I thought it would be. But then I hardly saw a few episodes, it dragged a lot. And someone else was the lead not Wu Xie so I couldn't understand what is going on. The writing team for both Sand Sea and Restart is the same so I really hope they write it well and not drag it. Otherwise 72 episodes will become hard to watch even for ZYL.

Ah this is all very confusing! I'm at Book 4, and all the novels are written from Wu Xie's perspective (first person pov). In Book 1 (the material for The Lost Tomb), while Zhang Qiling is important, technically we get to see more Wu Xie than anyone else since he's narrating...?

Also out of all Grave Robbers' Chronicles-related dramas and movies, Sand Sea actually got the best overall reviews... Maybe because it stuck closer to the original material? o-o Qin Hao's Wu Xie got a lot of support too.

(I'm saving Sand Sea and The Mystic Nine until after the exams haha)

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 5:24 PM, wei29 said:

Ah this is all very confusing! I'm at Book 4, and all the novels are written from Wu Xie's perspective (first person pov). In Book 1 (the material for The Lost Tomb), while Zhang Qiling is important, technically we get to see more Wu Xie than anyone else since he's narrating...?

Also out of all Grave Robbers' Chronicles-related dramas and movies, Sand Sea actually got the best overall reviews... Maybe because it stuck closer to the original material? o-o Qin Hao's Wu Xie got a lot of support too.

(I'm saving Sand Sea and The Mystic Nine until after the exams haha)

Yes, I also thought that as Wu Xie is the narrator of the story then we probably know the least about him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRedDragon said:

Yes, I also thought that as Wu Xie is the narrator of the story then we probably know the least about him. His eyes see everyone but who sees and talks about Wu Xie? So Wu Xie is the most important character and the story revolves around him but we don't have other people's perspective on him as much. Did you read all the books before it?:w00t: Wow you are fast!:lol:

People appreciated Qin Hao's Wu Xie so much so I felt that as long as ZYL performs well, people will have very good opinion of him. Actually the cast is brilliant and production is top notch but the author is very uncertain and capricious. I was reading that they introduced lot of love line in Sand Sea with a non-book character so it diverted from original a bit but I don't know how much. But it was very well executed so the drama had good views but fans felt dissatisfied. I hope that ZYL and Wu Xie remain the lead and they stick to original as much as possible. As long as ZYL is on screen, I will love it.^_^

Good wishes for your exams. All the best!:D

I think that's what makes Wu Xie such a difficult character to play! I didn't even realise that we might know the least about Wu Xie precisely because it's him narrating; thanks for bringing that up! Also since it's a first person pov, it's easy for the readers to put themselves in Wu Xie's shoes, hence everyone's impression of him is a little different.

Well at least in Sand Sea we get to see Wu Xie from Li Cu's perspective? :D

0?fmt=jpg&size=18&h=314&w=440&ppv=1

(I'm a teenager and I'm tired

I'm dancing ballet in the desert)

• Like 1