[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷

TheRedPheonix

Oh my ... I'm so in love with Zhu Yilong in this series. OMG ... he is the best Wuxie version. He is simply so captivating in that character.  Every emotion is so well acted out. I love it when all 3 of them are together. Their dynamic simply awesome.  Fatty can be quite annoying at times, shooting his mouth off and loudly.

I don't think Wuxie will die eventually.  I think he will be saved by miracle. 

• Like 1

@cheekychipmunk_stv I agree.  He is the best Wu Xie in all the versions I've watched, which is a lot.  The others try but usually they just get stuck on one aspect and don't get the same switch down right and he just smoothly goes from Naive to Emperor and it's a joy to watch him.  The other actors also do their parts really well and I can't wait for the second half to start so the Iron Triangle can be together again.

• Like 2

14 horas atrás, cheekychipmunk_stv disse:

Oh meu ... Estou tão apaixonado por Zhu Yilong nesta série. OMG ... ele é a melhor versão Wuxie. Ele é simplesmente tão cativante nesse personagem. Cada emoção é tão bem representada. Eu adoro quando todos os 3 estão juntos. Sua dinâmica é simplesmente incrível. Fatty pode ser muito chato às vezes, atirando em sua boca e alto.

Não acho que Wuxie morrerá eventualmente. Acho que ele será salvo por milagre. 

Para mim, esta também é a melhor versão do Wu Xie.
Admito que não gostei do gordo do primeiro drama, ele era muito chato, mas em TLT2 devei a gostar dele rs

Wu Xie certamente não vai morrer, só espero que a segunda temporada não demore muito para ir ao ar.

I really wanted to know if anyone here knows where I can read books, for foreigners like me it is so difficult to find this kind of information, even to watch the drama is difficult. I hope someone can see this message and can reply to me :(

Edited by solihireath
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, solihireath said:

I really wanted to know if anyone here knows where I can read books, for foreigners like me it is so difficult to find this kind of information, even to watch the drama is difficult. I hope someone can see this message and can reply to me :(

I think there might be some English translations of the books in early years. But for Reboot/Reunion itself, even the final version in Chinese has not been released yet. The author said Reboot is the only one that the TV series came out before the book. So he encouraged the book fans to watch the TV series first.

Now that the series 1 for VIP is finished. I really enjoyed all the scenes of Wu Xie: the “Star Wars” fight, “Who is Wu Xie?”, the illusion scene, the “blind” scene, “I’m soft”, and so on.

I wonder what are the scenes that you like the most in this series?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, solihireath said:

Look up Daomu Biji on the site novel updates.  There are a few discussion groups on there about the books.  I do know that the early books (1 through 6) have official English translations on the Kindle app, not too sure about them on the Nook app.  After that, you will have to ask around.

@paopaolong The Wu Xie scenes are all my favorite.  I especially like those parts where you can see him working out clues and piecing together information.  And the action scenes are good too, solo or with the others.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, outsanity said:

Hey, where are you guys watching this?

Edit: Found most of the episodes on iQiyi :)

I'm watching the sub version on other sites .. they have up to 32 ep.

I hope Zhu yilong gets a Best Actor award for his brilliant role as WuXie. He acting is so realistic.  This grown up role of Wuxie is not easy to act out as it has many facet of this character. Wuxie is quite an intriguing person. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 1:41 AM, Strange Stranger said:

@Yuui i think it has something to do with the current pandemic.

On 8/12/2020 at 6:57 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

@Yuui I imagine that it has something to do with the political side of things in that country.

I hope we get the that season 2 would be a bit disappointing if we don't get it. 

11 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I hope Zhu yilong gets a Best Actor award for his brilliant role as WuXie. He acting is so realistic.  This grown up role of Wuxie is not easy to act out as it has many facet of this character. Wuxie is quite an intriguing person. 

Episode 32 is the last one for season 1, we are hoping that we will get a season 2 but at the moment it is going through some censoring. 

15 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Oh? What other site? I haven't been able to find this on other sites.

Yeah, I feel like, if you compare all the actors who played WX: Li Yifeng's WX felt too innocent and damsel-in-distress, Neo's WX felt too overpowering and cool, Qin Hao's WX felt too mature and cynical. I love all of them, but I felt like none of them fully captured all facets of WX's character or struck the right balance.

No one can top Yang Yang's portrayal of Xiao Ge, though. I don't know if I'm bias because I love Yang Yang, but I felt like none of the other ZQL had the same level of depth, mysteriousness and coolness.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, outsanity said:

Yeah, I feel like, if you compare all the actors who played WX: Li Yifeng's WX felt too innocent and damsel-in-distress, Neo's WX felt too overpowering and cool, Qin Hao's WX felt too mature and cynical. I love all of them, but I felt like none of them fully captured all facets of WX's character or struck the right balance.

No one can top Yang Yang's portrayal of Xiao Ge, though. I don't know if I'm bias because I love Yang Yang, but I felt like none of the other ZQL had the same level of depth, mysteriousness and coolness.  

I sometimes also think that the other Wu Xie actors' had felt that since they had a role to play in the show they needed to show that stronger aspect of his personality.  But yet when comparing the novels and how Wu Xie shows all his different sides even during his early adventures (true he was more of DID in the first couple books but he still had moments of cynical sarcasm).

Current Xiao-ge's actor had shot his scenes with a smiling Xiao-ge or a cool one.  They went more with the smiling parts especially around the rest of the Iron Triangle to show that he's most human with those that he truly cares for.

• Like 1

@Alice84

Spoiler

Thats the ending of the main novel but not the entire novel itself. Xiao Ge replaced Wu Xie as a guardian of the bronze gate. So he (Zhang qiling) guards the bronze gate for 10 years way back year 2005 as it said on the book 8. Lost Tomb Reboot/Reunion: Sound Of Providence happened year 2017 so xiao ge is done guarding that gate

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alice84 said:

Thanks Scarlet MJ! 

I just found this website https://strictlybromance.com/dao-mu-bi-ji-novel-summary-masterpost/

It seems to have quite extensive summaries of the daomubiji world for those who are not familiar with all the novels (such as myself.) 

Yes you also can read there. As for me I didn't read the vols 1-6 because I can't avail them on amazon or kindle yet

• Like 1

On 13/08/2020 at 22:24, paopaolong said:

Acho que pode haver algumas traduções em inglês dos livros nos primeiros anos. Mas para Reboot / Reunion em si, mesmo a versão final em chinês ainda não foi lançada. O autor disse que Reboot é o único que a série de TV saiu antes do livro. Então, ele encorajou os fãs de livros a assistirem a série de TV primeiro.

Agora que a série 1 para VIP terminou. Eu realmente gostei de todas as cenas de Wu Xie: a luta “Guerra nas Estrelas”, “Quem é Wu Xie?”, A cena de ilusão, a cena “cega”, “Eu sou mole”, e assim por diante.

Eu me pergunto quais são as cenas que você mais gosta nesta série?

Thanks for answering me.
I ended up finding the translated version and started reading the first book.

I particularly like the hallucination scene a lot, Zhu Yilong acted very well and knew how to demonstrate the fear he felt when he imagined himself losing chubby and Xiao Ge. I like the scene where they go blind and when Qiling saves Wu Xie when he falls on the boat and is pulled up, I think this scene is so beautiful. This season is bringing great action and drama scenes too, I hope it stays that way next season, but with the iron trio together, I’m tired of warehouse 11.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, solihireath said:

I particularly like the hallucination scene a lot, Zhu Yilong acted very well and knew how to demonstrate the fear he felt when he imagined himself losing chubby and Xiao Ge. I like the scene where they go blind and when Qiling saves Wu Xie when he falls on the boat and is pulled up, I think this scene is so beautiful. This season is bringing great action and drama scenes too, I hope it stays that way next season, but with the iron trio together, I’m tired of warehouse 11.

Spoiler

I personally liked the scene where Xiao Ge and Chubby went blind and Wu Xie proved himself capable of leading the team/keeping his friends safe, despite the zombie and needing to jump through random ledges.

I think that scene is where Zhu Yi Long's acting really shined for me and made me feel as if he really is more wholesome than all the actors who played Wu Xie before him. 

Sadly, I still think Huang Junjie's eyes lacked depth and there are some minor things that bother me (wasted motions when he walks, slouching, doesn't look naturally effortless), but he is a good enough continuation of Yang Yang's ZQL.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Im sort of delaying watching season 1 cause i don't want to have finished it before season 2 comes out. But i would like to know, from a few of the clips i saw on youtube, ZQL character doesn't seem to be in all of the episodes unlike WX and PZ. Which episode does he star appearing in and what episode of season 1 does he stop appearing in? Also why? 

Sorry, I'm the kind of person who likes to spoil certain details for myself before starting any show. So any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adla said:

Hi, 

Im sort of delaying watching season 1 cause i don't want to have finished it before season 2 comes out. But i would like to know, from a few of the clips i saw on youtube, ZQL character doesn't seem to be in all of the episodes unlike WX and PZ. Which episode does he star appearing in and what episode of season 1 does he stop appearing in? Also why? 

Sorry, I'm the kind of person who likes to spoil certain details for myself before starting any show. So any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ZQL is kind of a mysterious character. He'll come without someone noticing him and gone without everyone knowing. For reboot or reunion: sound of providence he first appeared on ep3 until ep17. He didn't followed Wu Xie in going back with Fatty so he had a lesser appearance until the end

5 hours ago, solihireath said:

Thanks for answering me.
I ended up finding the translated version and started reading the first book.

Did you bought the book in amazon? If not, then where did you found the english translation for the book 1? I found one site but its not complete so I can't just start reading it

• Like 2