Just Dance/Dance Sports Girls

1542161731752_163724.jpg

땐뽀 걸즈

Genre: School, Youth

Episodes: 8

Network: KBS2
Airdate: December 3rd - December 25th, 2018

Airtime: Monday and Tuesday at 22:00 KST

Directed by: Park Hyeon Seok (Princess' Man)

Written by: Kwon Hye Ji

Synopsis:

It  tells the story of girls in Geoje Girl Vocational High School, who dream of different dreams while preparing to get a job at the shipyard where the restructuring has recently begun. Although their grades are low, their efforts in trying to become better dancers are not limited.

Cast:

Jang Dong Yoon as Kwon Seung Chan

1542959545792_165895.jpg
Park Se Wan as Kim Si Eun

1542959545692_165873.jpg

Lee Joo Young as Park Hye Jin

1542959545918_165919.jpg

Kim Gab Soo as Teacher Lee Kyu Ho

1542959545541_165851.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Dance Sports Girls, 땐뽀 걸즈 - Mon & Tue 22:00 KST - Park Se Wan & Jang Dong Yoon - Premieres in December
Oct 16 2018 (source: asianwiki)

Jang Dong-Yoon cast in KBS2 drama series “Dance Sports Girls”

Dance-Sports-Girls-Korean-Drama-JDG.jpg

Jang Dong-Yoon is cast in upcoming KBS2 drama series “Dance Sports Girls” (literal title). The drama series follows 6 high school girls who compete in a dance sports competition. The six girls are played by Park Se-Wan, Lee Joo-YoungJoo Hae-EunShin Do-HyunLee Yoo-Mi and Kim Soo-Hyun. The drama series is based on 2017 documentary “Dance Sports Girls.”

For the drama series, Jang Dong-Yoon will play high school student Kwon Seung-Chan. He likes dance sports, but he pretends to be uninterested in the sport.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Dance Sports Girls, 땐뽀 걸즈 - Mon & Tue 22:00 KST - Park Se Wan & Jang Dong Yoon - Premieres on December 3rd after Matrimonial Chaos
Oct 26 2018 (source: asianwiki)

First script reading for KBS2 drama series “Dance Sports Girls”

Dance_Sports_Girls-SR111.jpeg

First script reading for KBS2 drama series “Dance Sports Girls” took place took place September 20, 2018 at KBS Annex Broadcasting Station in Yeouido, South Korea. Main cast members including Park Se-Wan, Jang Dong-Yoon, Lee Joo-Young, Joo Hae-Eun, Shin Do-Hyun, Lee Yoo-Mi, Kim Soo-Hyun, Kim Kap-Soo all attended the script reading. The drama series is a bit unusual in that it is based on documentary film “Dance Sports Girls.” The documentary film follows 8 girls at Geoje Girls’ High School who are members of their school’s dance sports club. The drama series version will follow 6 girls who are members of their school’s dance sports club and are led by their dance sports teacher Lee Kyu-Ho (Kim Kap-Soo).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Just Dance/Dance Sports Girls, 땐뽀 걸즈 - Mon & Tue 22:00 KST

Finished the first episode:

• Park Se Wan (or honeycakes as I will call her, since my past with her in "Radiant Office) really does a great job in displaying Shi-Eun. It was a little new for me to see her in such a young role, but she manages to carry the story to me.
  • Lee Joo-Young is also a "victim" of this, I know she is born 1987 and due to this in her thirties, she has to do a lot so we believe her being a minor and going to school. 
  • The first 10-20 minutes were very painful and unpleasant to watch, because honeycakes felt like a spoiled kid who just wants to rebel and give her mother a hard time. I hope the drama gives us a little more information about the relationship between her and her mother, because so far I feel really sorry for her mother. 
    Something must have happened, we know her father died quite a while ago, but I think this wasn't the only thing that leads to these tensions.
  • I liked how the drama let the characters introduce themselves more or less, we already have our group of seven. Now I just hope they give each of them a little growth. 
  • Before the drama started, I already compared it so a second "Weightlifting Fairy" and hoped it would give me the same vibes, so far I don't feel them, but I had a fun time with the first episode. I just hope they don't make it too teenie and cheesy and will tell a beautiful story. 

Guest aoikarin

i just finished watching 2 episodes.. WOOOAAAH I love the plot, the characters and the CASTS! I really enjoyed watching Shi Eun, the cunning spoiled brat heroine and her chemistry with her girls club. Every character has her own personality, but mixed well like a box in the chocolate and they all look beautiful. The show is very comical especially Shi Eun. I really want to see her masterplan mess up in the half journey but at the end she's going to love her club member and value each of them dearly.  Too bad the show is only 8 episode?! And Jang Dong yoon joins the show is a great pleasure for me watching him playing another high school student role and transform to a girl too??? OMG! I can't wait to see him transform next week! Time for me watching his high school rom com role again this time.. I've been watching him since his lead role in Solomon's Perjury. I remembered he acted very natural and extremely good being a smart student with complex personalities. This time I'm happy he's taking a light comedy role. Just like his co star Seo Ji Hoon and Park Se Wan who were also in School 2017, these three young talented new actors are now leading their own drama. 

Ep2

• @aoikarinOh, the drama has just 8ep in total? That would explain why portions of todays episode felt a little rushed.
  • Honeycakes role is a bit hard to like from my pov, that didn't change much, but damn, she is so FREAKING BEAUTIFUL. In pretty much every scene I was a swooling little puppy. I just hope she gets nicer soon.
  • The dance part at the docks felt a little unnatural and out of place. It didn't fit her normal behavior that she had before and after. It felt the drama indicated and prepared a soft love story. I don't know if I like this kind of story writing yet, but maybe I'm a little spoiled because I still compare it to Fairy.
  • The club itself is the most fun part right now, because everyone is different and the parts of the drama are very fun to watch. 
  • Hye Jin's parts are very interesting, I guess she is the most layered character so far, which feels kinda nice.
  • Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but I really don't like the cross dressing part, are they aware that they are pretty much threatening him with destroying his career and life? Yeah, they do it in a squeeky way, but.....doing this will also not improve his life.
  • Guess we have to wait for further episodes, but I look forward to ep3. Still don't know if I totally like the drama yet.

WE NEED A LOT OF PEOPLE TO WATCH THIS DRAMA, GAWWD THIS MIGHT BE ONE OF THE BEST DRAMAS THIS YEAR. !!!!

Seriously, the teenage angst portrayed by the characters and how they're struggling are really captured by the actors. Not a single expression is wasted in this drama. Really good story and story telling. Overall a really nice watch my gosh THE CHARACTERS, can't get how real the characters are and the situations they're in. Really good coming to age story. 

INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES TO WATCH THIS ASAP! 

This drama is so good, totally unexpected. I started watching while waiting for the subs of another show to come out and I just finished watching the first episode without thinking of my drama.

What I like is the realism of it, the fact that they are not pretty or perfect young women and man. They are all struggling, either with their parents, or with their friends or lack of. It does not portray pretty feelings and lovely lives. I thought it was going to be silly but it turned out to be sooo interesting!

Also, the cinematography is amazing! That was also totally unexpected - how to make a high school drama look like a movie.

Ah, @loopo, I also want more people to watch and talk about it here!!!!

@Dhakra - watch episode 4! I did not want it to end. I was screaming at my screen at the end not to end there...

Archived