[Drama 2019] Babel, 바벨

0ly40

Yep JW too is a difficult  person. She reallu knew everything of the death og her husband. I believe she used the assistant and even the protagonist. She really was just looking into getting out of that house. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Babel, 바벨

Watched ep15 sub (partially).  I was wrong. The convo was between the chairman and ricky the rat, not WH's dad.

No wonder he looked sleazy. I dont have to understand korean to get the vibe. Good acting. 

Feel bad for director woo.  His wife passed away without him by her side. :tears:

1 hour ago, mizkorea said:

Watched ep15 sub (partially).  I was wrong. The convo was between the chairman and ricky the rat, not WH's dad.

No wonder he looked sleazy. I dont have to understand korean to get the vibe. Good acting. 

Feel bad for director woo.  His wife passed away without him by her side. :tears:

Yep just watched the partially sub ep15 too. Did they use a younger actor for Ricky wow! he certainly look like the older Ricky the eyes and all but younger. I can't understand why the chairman wanted to protect that evil woman.

It was stupid of Director Woo to kidnap JW. Was he thinking of having JW undergo a heart transplant surgery? That's like killing her and did the doctor even know that she is a living donor. All the running around was just stupid waste of time.

Yep Yoora became the Godmother, how lonely it is at the top, all by herself dining. That house that was once full of activity and hanky panky now is empty and so, so lonely. Sad memories in that house. At least the leads had a happy ending.... 

@philosophie I give it a try.

11 hours ago, philosophie said:

Honestly I’m confused by whole show. Can someone explain in the end who killed MH, what the revenge WH was all about, and the ending.

Director Woo killed MH. He has vested interest in keeping JW healthy and alive after JW sort of made a promise to director woo to donate her kidney to his sick wife.  The night of the murder, MH was strangling JW. Director Woo intervened and stabbed him dead. 

WH's dad died when he was a boy. He was murdered. His mom hanged herself after she met with the chairman of geosan. So WH was convinced his dad was killed by the chairman. Since then he been searching for any clue and proof to nab the chairman.

In the end, it was revealed that the chairman's wife, HS who killed WH's dad. The chairman knew all along about it but he kept his mouth shut and paid off his driver Ricky to leave korea. 

Previously HS tried to kill off both her husband and MH. The plan was to drug the heli pilot. The heli crashed.  The chairman survived tho he became mentally incapacitated. While lucky MH was not on board of the heli due to a last minute change of plan. 

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

Honestly I’m confused by whole show. Can someone explain in the end who killed MH, what the revenge WH was all about, and the ending.

Director Woo(MH's assistant) is the one who killed MH. He was arrested near the end of ep16. 

I think WH's revenge was quite lame. His father wasn't a victim but rather he was involved with HS but jilted her because he couldn't leave his family  and that led to HS anger and she killed him. 

I really felt sorry for SH. He and YE could have gone traveling and live happily.

I didn't catch what WH told HS when he visited her at the prison the subs aren't fully completed. It looks serious.

Somehow didn't feel anything for the OTP.  To me their relationship was kind of shallow.

@imgreatgal  From the title of the short clip@tv chosun website I guess he told her instead of MH who everyone assumed was the intended heir, her husband wanted SooHo to be the next chairman.  She might go bat crazy for that. She hated her husband for years becoz she thought he preferred MH to SH. 

I wish WH's mom was stronger. Such a waste to kill oneself without knowing the husband has decided to stay with his family. She should have spare a thought to her son. 

@zenya22 Her mom obssession with making SH the head of geosan at all cost has destroyed their family. Like the painting by SH, they could have been happy if mom and dad were not constantly at loggerheads. 

1 hour ago, mizkorea said:

I wish WH's mom was stronger. Such a waste to kill oneself without knowing the husband has decided to stay with his family. She should have spare a thought to her son. 

The chairman must have showed WH's mom pics of her husband and HS and she committed suicide. Why in hell did he have to do that anyway. The man is already dead. He spent half his life being spiteful of his wife's affair with another man and HS went crazy because she was jilted. Both are crazy they destroyed so many lives. 

6 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Director Woo(MH's assistant) is the one who killed MH. He was arrested near the end of ep16. 

I think WH's revenge was quite lame. His father wasn't a victim but rather he was involved with HS but jilted her because he couldn't leave his family  and that led to HS anger and she killed him. 

I really felt sorry for SH. He and YE could have gone traveling and live happily.

I didn't catch what WH told HS when he visited her at the prison the subs aren't fully completed. It looks serious.

Somehow didn't feel anything for the OTP.  To me their relationship was kind of shallow.

It was just a totall mess. The daughter is the only one with a more trusted character and personality. I did not get the OTP too, yes shallow relatiinship, just blah...I was more interested in the development of other people that them. 

Its  shame it could it be a better story but it was not. 

@lu09 @philosophie the baby's is WH's, i think there was a hint of that in episode 14. It was in the scene after she tried to stab MW. They were arguing and MW said he loves her and want to work things out so they will live happily together but JW said "can you be happy even if i conceived another man's child'. That is one of the issues without closure in this drama. Did the hit man escaped without being arrested? What happen to HS's brother?  WH's dad was stabbed by HS but was anyone charged for his murder? The synopsis says WH's father died in an accident whose caused is unclear. 

@philosophie Director Woo Vietnamese wife needed a heart transplant and it wouldn't be possible unless JW is brain dead and i don't think it was possible for JW to donate any of her organs since she is pregnant. Anyway Director Woo's wife died. 

23 hours ago, mizkorea said:

From the title of the short clip@tv chosun website I guess he told her instead of MH who everyone assumed was the intended heir, her husband wanted SooHo to be the next chairman.  She might go bat crazy for that. She hated her husband for years becoz she thought he preferred MH to SH. 

it takes so long for subs to come out and it still not completed the last i look. At the prison convo between WH and HS, HS was still being arrogant and told WH that she will be out in no time and have him and JW killed. Then WH started to tell her something about a meeting between him and the chairman. The subs stops there. I think its about the will. I remember in the earlier episode the chairman wanted WH to prepare his new will. The will that JW gave HS must be the old will. 

I believe the revenge in this drama is not WH's but between the chairman and HS. He hated HS for having an affair but kept her by his side tormenting her. He had a illegitimate child (MW) and brought him home to be raised by HS. MW was the chairman's tool to torture HS. On the outside he praised MW while ignoring SH and mistreats him. It was a way of showing his hatred towards HS. They are both crazy!

Archived