Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Babel, 바벨

I think the timeline with all the flashbacks ..

7 years ago WH scoop triggered the marriage between JW and MH. 

3 years ago YR, JW sis in law first met WH. He has became a prosecutor.

1 year ago JW met WH for the first time. They were kissing buddies by their third meeting. 

The night MH was killed..JW went to WH's house after MH assaulted her at the hospital parking lot. They ended up in bed. WH should have seen some bruises on her but somehow there was none. She knew his door code. So I guess she has been there before. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not see today episode complete just saw the youtube clips. But I was right I think the wife is moore involve in the whole situation. She has an inside conflict and agenda. She is not a pure noble person. She did get involve with the prosecuter with an specific agenda. The sister in law today she discover a connection with her actions. This is getting interesting. We are here for a crazy ride. 

• Like 3

Sooo.... Things are not always what they appear in this drama: I'm wondering if the USB was really destroyed, or if it was a fake one, cause if it wasn't I really don't get what the lead is trying to do here, beside maybe protecting his lover's honor (i.e. not have her be publicly humiliated by the whole world knowing her husband cheated on her and made a sex tape of his infidelity... Maybe he also destroyed it to hide the fact that she had a motive to kill her husband? 

The actual revenge plot... remains a mystery. In the beginning it seems as if WH's plan was to get close to the Tae family (thus his friendship w/ Yoo Ra, and later him faking being bought out by them, gaining the chairman's trust and drafting his last will), in order to gather evidence from the inside, and then bring them down. Except right now he seems more interested in his love life (wondering what JW is hiding from him, what she did between 2 and 4 am, why she doesn't tell him she's pregnant, who the father is, etc...). He seems, to me, to be emotionally spiraling out of control and easily manipulated by others and by his illicit love affair. He keeps on taking reckless actions (who confronts a potential killer in a dark alley less than 24 hours after leaving the hospital and still being banged up?) and putting himself in danger.

It also bothers me that both leads, despite  the suffering the Tae family brought in their life, don't show more integrity than what we see. They don't go as low as plotting murder and killing, like the Taes, but they lie to everyone and they cheat, and they also borderline lie to each other and hide things from each other, under the disguise of protecting each other. I need at least one pure element in their behavior, at least be honest w/ each other. Otherwise, dude, your relationship is doomed. I know it's a dark, twisty drama, but I need to see a tiny light in the leads, not just sadness and darkness. Ooops, sorry, didn't realize this would turn into a mini-rant! :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Awe, I was right! Soo Ho was there, he went into the office after Min Ho was killed and he was the one that ran into the guards! I really need to wait until the English subtitles are 100% before watching! Going back to continue finishing episode eight!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I really pity SH. His own family treated him like richard simmons.

Even YR is showing her Geosan claws out of jealousy.  Lets see how YR will react when she discovers her mommy dearest and MH are truly evil being. 

Edit:  SH has finally become his own man. I think his little wife is  salivating over the new SH. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

More than half way through this drama and I still have no idea what it's trying to be - feel like everything I said last week is still applicable. We gonna get a revenge plot soon or is it just about a very whipped guy doing everything he can for his woman? Christ this is Fates and Furies all over again.

Only thing that really changed for me was that I didn't like the second female lead in these two recent episodes so I like precisely zero significant characters in this show now. It look like they're taking her down the classic dumb/jealous 2nd lead arc as she came across so naive in these last two episodes about her family. The fact that she didn't live or work with her family must be an indication that she knows they're bat richard simmons mad so her lack of empathy in these last two eps is annoying me, especially considering she was introduced as an empathetic character. Like how has she not clocked on that her mom is mad? Doesn't let her see her dad when he's awake, routinely shuts her out, knows she was going to kill the lawyer (who she also loves), abuses the kids (or Min Ho) when they were young, knows she's desperate for her son to be chairman - like come on.

The main lead I was iffy on the previous week but these two last episodes have just made me dislike him. He's another one that is introduced as a righteous lawyer, they make numerous mentions how he's a dog of a prosecutor for the truth so when he gets a case he's resilient and gets to the bottom of it. Yet he's the one sabotaging the investigation more than most by not looking into his missus at all. I also very much dislike characters that whipped. When he lost in the courtroom to the second lead all he had to do to win it is show the tape he destroyed as that's motive.

If the show had sense they'd team up the main lead and second female lead - make the main lead smarter/less whipped, have the female lead become more manipulative/evil, then the main lead investigates her with the second female lead investigating her mom/family - as the mom (ordering the kill) and main female lead are screaming to be the main culprits. But I don't think this will happen because of the baby and he seems borderline obsessed (and she's already going down a dumb character route). Though if the main female lead has lost the baby a good start to revealing her as manipulative could be her pretending she hasn't and telling the main lead it's his.

Also the actress playing the evil mom - I genuinely can't stand her when she put on the slow condescending voice. I'm assuming it's her attempt at sounding menacing/threatening but it just sounds so unnatural. She did the same thing in Hotel King and it was annoying af.

I actually have no idea why I'm still watching as I can't really think of many positives for this show. When are we going to get more exposition about these characters actions.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

The detective said there was something strange about the bloody foot steps at the crime scene. He said the patterns looked like someone was casually walking away rather than a panicky one.  I notice the way WH walk. It looks like  he is catwalking on the runaway. So WH could be the killer. That night he did see JW drove away towards the Geosan building. Or maybe the actor was a model before and I am overthinking much :P

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@mslilith I am watching to find out who killed MH. I am not invested in the otp. Not even with second FL. Which is a pity becoz the writer is very generous with our otp moments. 

I am however more interested with SooHo character actually. His mom thinks she can control him and he is weak  but I think once he get the chairman position he will show his true self. Looking forward to that.

• Like 4

am between other dramas and got caught up with this one. A bit draggy at some point. Seriously i don't know who to root for in this drama. To me CWH doesn't seem to be the upright moral prosecutor. He is out for revenge but up to now (have yet to watch episode 9)  i don't know his father's connection to Chairman Tae only that he called him President Cha. He hides his suspicion of HJW from his team.  His relationship with HJW  looks lukewarm at best and from their initial encounter and their meeting at the temple i'm just not convince that they developed a strong love for each other other than him running to her on two occasion.  I have a feeling that the baby is not CWH's. In ep8 after her meeting with that guy (i assume his TMH's assistant) HJW went back again presumably to tell him about her pregnancy. I also have a feeling that both had a hand in TMH death. Maybe HJW had stabbed TMH when he tried to rape her and his assistant covered it up.  

I shall continue to watch only to find out who killed TMH.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

No new episodes this weekend or?

The clips are already on youtube for today episode. Ia also was surprise yesterday I did not see them. 

• Thanks 1

Ohhh...I just saw the last episode with subs and I just want to scream to the protagonist of he is suposed to be a prosecutor or what...he so call vengance..where is it...he seems to be sooo in love of the femail lead to the point of looking stuped. He is not thinking rationally, its just in love with her. Come on wake up she has lied to you moore that he wants to aknowledge. He believes in her and at this point if he doesnt disclose everything he is at the risk of losing his career. On top of that he manage to make agry the sunbae/victim sister...she is really going to go after him. I am sure about it. She played with her and know she nows the sister in law and his relationshiop. Lets see next weekend what would happend. And for real that mother she is reallly crazy...

• Like 3

Ok we are already at ep10 and am still blur with the revenge thing but for sure i'm getting annoyed with Yoo Ra. She is acting like a woman  scorned with her one sided love for the WH. 

Are the evidence from the drone still pictures or videos? The pictures only shows JW holding the letter opener. There was a hint that the baby isn't WH's when JW looked surprised at Mi Seon mentioning WH as the baby's father. 

Are there two episode per week or one, unlike other dramas the subs for this show are slow in coming. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 mins into episode ten

Second female lead to main male lead: Don't you ever think you may have been used by her?

Main lead: It doesn't matter. Even if she used me, or conceived someone else's baby, because I love her

Jesus christ I'm dropping this show. Pathetically lame main character. Can't even finish this episode.

Will check in at the end of the show to see who the killer is. I'm out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Love how SooHo showed mommy who is the boss of Geosan. Just I said previously, his wife has the  hots for him now.  But SooHo's wife got to be extra careful. She could be next on her mil thit list if she knew too much. 

I think mommy wants to use whatever ricky has with him to control SooHo. She wont give up that easily the power she just got after the death of her husband. She is one crazy manipulative woman. 

@roli

The problem is the writer failed to give us proper back story why the ML fall for her that deep and that fast. They just met again a year ago.  So it is hard to root for them. Did he think he is responsible for her being tied to her nasty husband? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1