[Drama 2019] Babel, 바벨

0ly40

2 hours ago, azuwaza163 said:

Yeah @jongski . Trust @mslilith I'm at episode 3 and my mind blew up, came back and blew up again like 8 times lol. Crazy drama, this one.  And I don't care what people say, Kim Ji Hoon is HOT!!!!!!

First I was so iffy about it. But this was a pleasant suprise. Wait was he the awful husband? Also did he do what I think he did to his wife? While holding her down on the table? 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watched the livestream?

So, Jung Won's pregnant. Who's the daddy? Min Ho or Woo Hyuk? This is the complicated part. Sleeping with two men, though one just died. *sigh

I'm slowly losing interest in this show. I might just wait til all episodes are out and watch the ending. I'll wait for tomorrow's episode and decide. 

And anyone else also maybe rooting for Yoo Ra and Woo Hyuk too or is it only me? 

2 hours ago, clmgh0st said:

So, Jung Won's pregnant. Who's the daddy? Min Ho or Woo Hyuk? This is the complicated part. Sleeping with two men, though one just died. *sigh

I'm slowly losing interest in this show. I might just wait til all episodes are out and watch the ending. I'll wait for tomorrow's episode and decide. 

And anyone else also maybe rooting for Yoo Ra and Woo Hyuk too or is it only me? 

Wait what livestream? She is? Well I don’t think she used protection with her husband right? I can’t wait to watch the episodes. 

On 2/9/2019 at 7:16 PM, clmgh0st said:

@mslilith I just googled a live stream and clicked on the first link. 

Not exactly sure if it's against the rules here to post links, but here it is:

Let me know if it's against the rules and I'll remove it. 

I think it is against the rulesz 

I am still waiting for the sub, had to watch it anyway. And again it didn’t dissapoint. However the preview looked quite intresting. I am not sure how I feel about the mother and the other family they seem quite shady. I think the mother will do anything for money and power. However I am still not sure about the actress turned widow and the prosecuttor yet. 

What do you all think? :)

On 2/9/2019 at 7:15 AM, clmgh0st said:

So, Jung Won's pregnant. Who's the daddy? Min Ho or Woo Hyuk? This is the 

Me tooo..don't like him with the now widow. I do not trust her complete. I like Yoo Ra caracter. But know we would see if she changes or stay as she is with the current situation at the company and familly.

The mother is the most crazy person of all. 

My guess may be right! So either Soo Ho was set up or he was really there at the scene like I suspected from the beginning! I feel bad for Soo Ho but at the same time, I don’t, lol. Let’s see how his character is going to play out.

Feels like everyone in this show is mad

The main guy and actress aren't very tactful for a couple not wanting to be seen with the actress apparently very famous I have to say. Don't know why they keep meeting up at the restaurant she's staying at when we know the other love interest goes there. Going by the preview looks like they get caught by the assassin/guy that broke in last episode anyhow.

I rarely ask for this in shows but we really need more flashbacks. Information is being drip fed way too slowly for my liking and it almost feels like cheating from the writers to keep us constantly surprised which I admit I am. But it'd be nice to get more info on the main guys motivation for revenge and how his relationship with the actress has got to this point (can't recall seeing a Korean show with so many deep kiss scenes this early) as that's pretty important to the plot yet I feel like we barely know anything about it.

I don't think Soo Ho is the murderer, it's just way too easy.

Also why was the wife beater so genuine/sincere to the actress when they first met only for it to be revealed he already had a thing going with Soo Ho's wife before the marriage. I get that he needed marriage but it just seemed sincere when they showed their first meeting the other week - guess he was just playing her.

Will carry on watching but hopefully the writer knows what he's doing. Having various interesting characters/plot threads opened in the first few episodes only to get disappointing explanations/conclusions is all too common in korean shows.

Soo Ho is not the murderer, @anony12345. He had a fight with Min Ho before Min Ho was murdered and from that which may left his DNA on Min Ho. I personally think he was at the scene after Min Ho was murdered though.

I agree that after the first two episodes, the storyline’s been pretty slow and boring.

So that sex video was of Min Ho and Young Eun huh. I couldn’t hardly tell who the woman is no matter how many times I watched that part, lol. 

Both of you, @ymiss and @anony12345 made some excellent points. 

It would be too simple if Soo hoo was the murderer. But he definitely did have a fight with Min Ho. Maybe he found out about the affair? Also I think that sex video was filmed for blackmail purposes. Just in case things don’t go the way he wants. 

Now what I don’t understand is if he already was having the affair why did he court her? As if he was truly interested. Why didn’t he tell this is strictly business marriage? 

Also the widow and the prosecutor who is playing who? We know that he is out for revenge for what happened to his family. But is she truly in love with him or not. 

I believe the whole family is toxic obviously and greedy for power. Especially the mom. And I must say she is an excellent actress. 

Lastly who is the babies daddy? 

I'm here because my head is reeling.

1. I can't believe I'm saying this, but someone please tell the two leads to stop kissing. He's the prosecutor, for crying out loud, how can he go around kissing her in public and being seen with a witness for the murder case that he is prosecuting? I love the slow burn waiting for a nice kiss scene, like in Memories of the Alhambra,  but this is way, way too much. A kiss scene should evoke oohs and ahhhs, but she looks miserable kissing him, and he looks glum kissing her. I feel that there's more chemistry between the husband when they first met and her. Their first scene together was so sweet and I liked them so much. What happened to make him turn into an abuser, or was he just pretending to be nice? He seemed so real and nice.

2. I have a feeling the killer is someone we don't suspect...maybe it's the prosecutor daughter? She seems to be the only nice person in that family, but who knows what will happen when she finds out that her sister in law was having an affair with the man she likes?

3. I don't like the cheating couple plot, and it just feels distasteful watching them and their liasons, sneaking around so nobody would know. I get that her husband is an abuser, but that doesn't make it better. Her baby is either her husband's, or the lover's. I don't get why he got so upset when he found out that she was pregnant, maybe he doesn't want a baby. I don't think he's playing her, as he seems to really love her. I don't get why she never answers his calls. I don't get why she can so blatantly list him as one of her contacts, what happens if the police want to check the calls she made and received? I don't get why he ran into the snow so dramatically, like hello, won't someone notice the prosecutor running crazily into the snow crying? Geez, show some control, for crying out loud, how's he going to get his revenge when he keeps bursting into tears every episode? 

Hello.

Just started to watch this crazy drama.

The frequent flashbacks are bit confusing. 

So the big Q now is why ML's mom hang herself? Hope she was not related to Min Ho. Min Ho's mom totally disappeared from his life. Can imagine him becoming a psychopath growing up in that house. He was treated lesser than the family's dog. 

Still awaiting ep 7 to be sub. 

There is an intriguing scene, a woman locked up  in a cage. Show getting crazier. :sweatingbullets:

p/s To be honest I dont get ML having the hots for the FL like in every darn episode. 

Wow, just wow! The end of episode seven! Didn’t expect that at all! Feels good to be all caught up with the episodes!

Way too many good looking men in this drama! The assassin guy and Min Ho’s assistant! Well, that’s two plus Min Ho, lol! And Woo Hyuk!

Still too early to pin point at only one particular person as to who’s the killer! I’m not ruling out Young Eun yet; the assassin order by the mother and uncle; Min Ho’s assistant; Jung Won and/or Woo Hyuk! It’s either one or two of them or another whole plot twist by another person we’re not even thinking of!

Is the woman being held captive Min Ho’s mother!? The mother’s, uncle’s stand by man, assasin is monitoring the woman on camera so I wouldn’t be surprise if it’s Min Ho’s mother! Or is this another whole twist as well!

Why did Jung Won wanted to tell Min Ho’s assistant that she’s pregnant!? What kind of relationship became of Jung Won and the assistant after Jung Won helped the assistant by giving her blood to his wife, sister, daughter in the flashback!? What’s the point of telling him!? She didn’t sleep with him too did she!? Lol! Is he like a brother to her now or what!? Is Min Ho still alive and it’s Min Ho’s baby and she wanted to tell him to go tell Min Ho!? Lmao! Oh my, I can’t stop thinking about this! Why does the assistant need to know that she’s pregnant???

I feel Jung Won! I think she didn’t go to the police regarding her situation with Min Ho because she feels bad for him and she loved him, she fell in love with him at a point in time. I think she love him and was true to him until she found out he was cheating on her with Young Eun. I mean Young Eun purposely wanted her to find out and she did. She probably stopped letting Min Ho sleep with her after she found out about their affair and that’s when Min Ho started abusing her and raping her! Did she started cheating on Min Ho with Woo Hyuk after finding out about the affair and being abused!?

So Woo Hyuk is sincere about his love for Jung Won! I guess so! Fate keep putting them together!

Could be her..?? And also I start tu suspect the wife. I remember an scene in the first episodes were she was reading de divorce papera after her husband death..and she just destroyed them. Could she be the one to kill him: 1. She is pregnant , with who..??, 2. Could it be she had a reltionship not only with the main lead but also with someone else, 3. The scene were the husband personal secretary is talking with the man that the police was looking for, he mentiona something about a work and now the boss is death, could it be that he the secretary and wife were planing to kill the husband blame the brother or stepmother and then keep the money..?? 4. The secretary hide some information...could it be about the mother ???..the accident of the father?? 5. The death husband was planning something and who ever kill him wanted to stop him. 6. Who else is involve..?? 7. Where does the vengace of the fiscal /main leader goes to..?? What does he really know..?? 7. Is he really inlove with her or are they only using each other..?? 

All this are my theories and questions...?? But I do not believe the wife at this point is that innocent. People change and she reallly must have after living at that house. 

I'm sorry but this show is a mess - and unfortunately in a way similar to a car crash where you can't look away so I'll probably still tune in but need to rant

Firstly, for this show I've always been going of the synopsis on the first page in this thread but is it wrong? I thought the lead was meant to be marrying into the family? I assumed he was marrying the second lead after watching the first episode.

Secondly, I was expecting some epic revenge show but we're nearly half way through and I have no idea about the revenge other than the fact that his parents are dead and I'm assuming the family had something to do with it. How am I meant to sympathise with the lead if we're still in the dark about this? The motivation is usually revealed in the first episode or two in revenge shows and there's a reason for that. Even then i still didn't mind not knowing 100% about it until he destroyed the USB.

They've barely given us any background on how the two leads have ended up so close, but we already have him destroying evidence that would help him take down the family for his revenge for her? I really don't get what this show is trying to be because at the minute it doesn't feel like a revenge show or some epic/tragic love story. Neither their relationship or the motivation for revenge has been properly presented and it is just odd trying to decipher the behaviour of the characters as a result.

I like the MC before he destroyed that piece of evidence but the lack of clarity in the writing and his motivations (so they're telling us his love is probably more important than his revenge in this but we don't know how to judge this action) are just making me not enjoy him now. That also means I'm not really enjoying the romance and was sorting thinking I'd prefer him with the 2nd lead as ep6/7 was going on due to her commitment to him but not a fan of him currently so meh. And he seems infatuated anyhow. She might have killed the guy but he doesn't seem that fussed about it and is destroying evidence/lying to protect her despite not knowing the truth of the matter.

Favourite character so far is the second female lead, she's definitely grown on me (the actress as well, finding her hotter than the main female lead currently but it might be because I'm enjoying her character more, though both are obviously beautiful).

She has every right to go after the two leads not because she feels rejected/betrayed because the person she loves is with someone else, but also from her perspective one of her brothers has ended up dead and another attempts suicide as a result of questioning for it - only for her to subsequently find out the self-righteous lawyer is seeing her dead brothers wife already and it probably started before he died (I know she doesn't know about the abuse/cheating but this is me seeing it from her perspective). So from her perspective he could easily be playing the family to hide the fact that one of those two killed him as they both have motivation to do it and she's finding gaps in the female leads story. Has every right to be suspicious and go after them.

I want to say I hope they keep her moral in her pursuit of the truth but I fear in classic second lead syndrome style they'll make her evil/jealous and the character will do a u-turn so we all hate her to prop up the leads. Currently find her the most sympathetic character. One brother dead, another tries to commit suicide, father nearly dies, mother cold af, the person she loves is banging her brothers wife which she only finds out after pleading for his life and taking on the job in the company which she never wanted to do to try and keep him safe from her mom. She has clearly been keeping her distance from the fam as they're all crazy but she's still getting shafted here. Rooting for her and from what's currently happened is too good for the lead guy anyhow.

However, if it turns out the main female lead actually killed the guy and has been manipulating the main lead to cover up the tracks I could be back on board. The the second half is him teaming up with the second lead to bring her down but then I have no idea what would happen with the supposed revenge arc as she wouldn't want to bring down her own family. Have no idea with this show.

Also the few flashbacks we do get are all over the place. Have no idea when they're occurring in terms of the story timeline. After he starts beating her or before, after this person was cheating on this person or before. Like who knows. Feel like I'm guessing.

Turned into a long rant.

Edit: Isn't the women in the cage the helicopter pilots wife? She was paid for a reason i can't remember so can prove the helicopter accident wasn't an accident.

Also I thought she might need to tell the assistant she's pregnant as it might impact the ability for her to be a donor. Subs missed out most of that chat so not sure what body part the donor was for though

Also it felt like writers realised it's a very gloomy show so suddenly decided to add in all these scenes with the leads friends for some humour because it came out of nowhere and felt out of place

Totally forgot about the helicopter’s wife, @anony12345! Thanks! Too many things are happening in this drama, I’m remembering this and not that, lol! And yes, you may be correct, Jung Won may of not donate her blood yet so her being pregnant, she will not be able to help the assistant’s situation. All these flashbacks are just ladders for the present and not fully follow through yet, I have to remember that.

I don’t think Woo Hyuk care as to how Jung Won’s past is and/or how she’s connected to his revenge or what not. I think he has his own reasons, evidences to back himself up, we just have to wait and see, and/or him destroying the USB is helping Jung Won. But you may just be right, at the end, him destroying the USB and I personally think him getting involve with Jung Won may just backfire at him!

With the twists and turns and the writer being so obvious, I have a feeling Jung Won didn’t end up killing Min Ho. She was going to but someone else did before hand.

Lastly, where’s the will!? And who’s the old man Woo Hyuk picked up from the airport earlier!? I meant to ask that sooner but forgot about it. I think I have to go back and rewatch all the episodes!

Not sure about the will but the old man is someone that has evidence to take down the chairman which he collects from that lady who's being abused in episode 1 or 2. He then gets "kidnapped" by that assistant who crashed into the main guys car after he gets picked up from the airport. 

Don't think it has even been insinuated what that evidence is though. I remember the old guy going to a memorial thing after collecting the USB but it's just another plot thread that hasn't been explained yet.

Archived