[Drama 2019] Babel, 바벨

0ly40

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, just wow! Love everything about this drama! The cast, the storyline, everything! Gosh, so good! And wow, I was shocked! I didn’t think the storyline will end like it did in episode two! And omg, what a crazy storyline, lol! But I love it! So real, the affair, unhappiness, abusing and such!

The cast is phenomenal! I can’t remember who Jang Hee Jin is and/or play in The Village but wow, I’m really liking her character, Han Jung Won in here! It’s only two episodes and she’s nailing it for me already! Park Si Ho and Kim Ji Hoon are so good! I really like Jang Shin Young’s soft and quiet character in here as well!

I can’t wait for episode three!

Is anyone watching episode three live?

I’m really looking forward to as how Woo Hyuk’s article on Jung Won being sponsored by a chaebol came about into real life in terms of her marrying Min Ho!!! How it all happened and why Jung Won decided/has to marry Min Ho.

40 minutes ago, ymiss said:

I’m really looking forward to as how Woo Hyuk’s published report/story/news on Jung Won being sponsored by a chaebol came about into real life in terms of her marrying Min Ho!!! How it all happened and why Jung Won has to marry Min Ho. And also, did Jung Won became an actress after Woo Hyuk’s news article on her or was she already an actress before? I don’t think that part was clear

Thank you. I have the same questions and have to re watch. This drama is good. 

You’re welcome, @zenya22! Yes, this drama is too good, I have to keep talking, lol.

Yeah, I rewatched parts of episode two and when Jung Won first came into the journalist/reporting office as the newest member in the flashback, one of the members, a lady recognized her resembling someone and Jung Won acknowledged it as Jung Won the actress so I’m assuming she’s already an actress before entering Myungshin Daily, the entertainment report company where Woo Hyuk worked in the past. Then when both Woo Hyuk and Jung Won was eating in the cafeteria, they talked like they already knew each other before hand because of each other’s taste in food or something??? Also, when Jung Woo first came into the building walking with the unnie and Woo Hyuk was coming down the stairs with his sunbae or something, he recognized her too??? So I’m assuming Woo Hyuk knew her as the actress since he’s an entertainment reporter at that time and he wrote an article about her. Then he met her in person at Myungshin Daily after she stopped acting and is married because she did mentioned about the article he wrote about her in the cafeteria as well. Hmmm.

I’m watching episode three at Viki without any English subs and the first scene is so good already!

I call it now. Jung Won did kill or hired someone to kill Min Ho.

Also, I have a crazy thought that she is just playing Woo Hyuk. She is an actress after all. I mean, a husband (Min Ho) who constantly beats his wife, and a man (Woo Hyuk) who basically led to her abusive marriage. She might be the character here who is seeking her revenge. 

Don't get me wrong, the main leads have amazing chemistry, *cough*hot kisses*cough* and I would like to see them together in the end  (please drama gods, writer-nim, and to the powers that be) but with this kind of show, who knows what'll happen but I'm expecting it won't be a good one. 

I agree, @clmgh0st on your thought that Jung Won may be using, playing Woo Hyuk! I was thinking the same. As to the reason why she’s using him, I’m not really sure but it may just have to do with the article that he wrote about her which led to her marrying Min Ho. I’m wondering what’s the actual connection here. I have a feeling that Woo Hyuk may be the killer. I think he did follow Jung Won and come in time to save her and kill Min Ho. Lol!

Woo Hyuk asked her in the interrogation room why she didn’t ask for help regarding Min Ho assaulting her in the parking lot but she said she’s “okay with being the only one hurting”. Is she okay though? I don’t think she is, with her pain and all, and her running to Woo Hyuk.

Also, why can’t she just leave Min Ho, why, what’s the reason why she keeps staying, lol.

I think the man that the two guards ran into during the scene when Min Ho was killed, I think that man was Soo Ho. The way that man carry his posture, attitude and personality have a Soo Ho like feel, mommy boy, frustrating, frightening, scare, don’t know what to do. I think Soo Ho was there after Min Ho was murdered and he freaked out. I may be reading into this too much though.

On a side note, Yoo Ra is too pure and innocent! Hmmm. I think there’s more to her character and she may not be all that innocent. I’m suspecting her, lol!

@ymiss yes! I am actually looking forward on how that certain article led to their marriage.

Woo Hyuk being the killer could be a possibility too. But why kill him and leave the scene? As a prosecutor, he could've called in the authorities, tell them what happened and say it was self-defense - to defend himself as well as Jung Won. 

Based on the state of the room, Jung Won's bruises and being the witness herself, the police could find it plausible. The questions that come after is another story though lol ie. What was Woo Hyuk doing there at that time?; Did he follow Jung Won? Why? etc.

At this point, their affair will be known. Lol. 

I'm still confused about the whole "okay with being the only one hurting" from Jung Won. Who is she protecting? Woo Hyuk? Someone or something else? I have a small doubt that it is Woo Hyuk as Min Ho was beating/hitting her and kept quiet about it before she even got to know Woo Hyuk personally. 

And I agree about Yoo Ra. That woman is a mystery too! Heck, everyone in this show is a mystery! 

That will be too easy of a storyline if Woo Hyuk did that, @clmgh0st, lol. And if Jung Won was actually the killer, that’s too obvious, lol. Heck yeah, Min Ho knew about their affair, being the person that he is, he could just kill Woo Hyuk. But then there wouldn’t be any more storyline to continue the drama, lol.

There are no cameras in that room and if I was reading the English subtitles correctly, the other cameras were erased/gone, something like that so anyone could be a suspect. Hmmm.

I don’t know, Woo Hyuk seem like a pretty smart man, not afraid and such. He was eyeing the direction of Jung Woo’s car and the building pretty hard in episode two or was it just the camera work for us, lol. If he was able to kiss Jung Won on the stairs with see through glasses, I’m sure he could kill for free, lol.

Yup, @ymiss. If they went that way, there'd be no story to tell. I am hoping the writers won't drag on the guessing game on who killed Min Ho. 

I also wonder about the scene in the hospital where Min Ho came to Hae Sook's (chairman's wife) room. He said it wasn't the first time he "came back from the dead..."or something along those lines, which brought me to think he could've staged his death. For what motive, I don't know. 

It's a shame Min Ho is already dead though (or is he?B)). It would've been interesting to watch him and Woo Hyuk clash. 

I must say so far this show is good. Hopefully they won’t ruin it. And I have heaps of questions that has already been asked. Hopefully this weekend we will get answers. Also I did find it intresting when the mother said we should stick together since we are a family and the main woman actually questioned it. So maybe they treated her like an outsider. I am sure they knew that she was getting abused all the time. And cheated as well? 

Archived