Broadcast Date: 9/25/2019

Cast:

Bai Lu

Zhai Zil

Chen Haolan

Huang Jidong

Liu Ruoyan
Synopsis:
A story about first love and romances from the perspective of three couples in the workplace. It follows an independent young woman brimming with potential who crosses paths with a black-bellied boss. 

Because of the prosperous meaning behind her name, Xing Yun is recruited by Xia Ke to work at his gaming company. He is determined and headstrong, a son who refused to take over the family business and chose to make it on his own. In her journey from a sketch artist to a gaming designer, she experiences many extremes and jumps many hurdles in dealing with her black-bellied boss. Their continuous bickering bring them closer and the girl who has never been in love before finds that the last hurdle is love.

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Baidu Link

Weibo Link

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, pad-hari said:

Video teaser is out.  Omg!! What have they done to Bai Lu's hair style!!!! The wig looks awful.  It looks fun, though!!!

:love::heart:

Oh my goodness!  That wig is very bad! :ph34r: Couldn't they just let her have short hair?

I'm still looking forward to this as I really like Bai Lu's acting.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:42 AM, angelangie said:

Trailer and also the name had been changed to "Lucky First Love"

Thank you!

The wig is awful and very noticeable. Couldn't they do something to her real hair. I mean, if she isn't bald there's ma y ways to style the hair and get it as desired. In stills isn't too bad but in motion it's rather unflattering. I probably give it a try anyway lol. They seemed cute together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Lucky First Love 世界欠我一个初恋
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 5:24 AM, lynne22 said:

The drama has aired.. any reviews? lols 

Oh. i didn't realise it had aired.  Maybe there are no English subtitles and that's why this threa is dead.

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes it is air.....and all up :D 

total 24 episodes all finish airing.....besides BaiLu hair the rest is nice :) 

:lol: LMAO!  That terrible wig seems to be all anyone can talk about

It's a no-frill and a bit cheesy rom-com. Lower your expectations and you'll like it. I did. But, I do agree that the wig on Bai Lu is horrible. She must have filmed this after Arsenal Military Academy as she had cut her long locks for that role. They should have kept her original short hair. Could have styled it or something instead of the ridiculous mop/weave on her head.

I think there is English subs out. Where? No clue, but I could have sworn I saw some eps with English subs floating around the internet.

8 hours ago, whome said:

It's a no-frill and a bit cheesy rom-com. Lower your expectations and you'll like it. I did. But, I do agree that the wig on Bai Lu is horrible. She must have filmed this after Arsenal Military Academy as she had cut her long locks for that role. They should have kept her original short hair. Could have styled it or something instead of the ridiculous mop/weave on her head.

I think there is English subs out. Where? No clue, but I could have sworn I saw some eps with English subs floating around the internet.

They should have just let her rock a cute pixie cut rather than this mop they found in a cleaning cupboard somewhere and plonked on her head. As we have seen from Arsenal Military Academy she looks great with short hair and cute, short hair would have differentiated her from the usual drama heroine look.

Thank you for the review. I want to give it a try as I enjoy Bai Lu's acting and trailer looks fun.  Hopefully, English subs appear somewhere.

18 hours ago, raziela said:

Hopefully, English subs appear somewhere.

It's currently being released with subs through iQiyi's app.  The drama is also being subbed at Viki, but you'll find it under its alternative title, "The World Owes Me a First Love."  

Thinking about picking up this drama next... ;) 

15 hours ago, themarchioness said:

It's currently being released with subs through iQiyi's app.  The drama is also being subbed at Viki, but you'll find it under its alternative title, "The World Owes Me a First Love."  

Thinking about picking up this drama next... ;) 

Thanks so much for the info. I will watch on Viki :)

@sugarplum892

EXACTLY. That's what bothered me too:P She looks awful with the wig..why can't they let her wear her pixie cut from Arsenal Military Academy?? I mean there've been actresses with short hair before right?

It's funny that the female lead is older than male lead by 3 years:lol: They look compatible & cute together. Maybe 'cause he seem mature? Oh he's a good kisser eheh:phew: I much prefer the other title, "Lucky's First Love" it's just shorter ha-ha! The drama is pretty fun to watch so far but plot's nothing new, most C-dramas love the ordinary, cute, naive girl with CEO possessive, controlling guy romance:rolleyes: I still watch them though...if done right LoL;)

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@sugarplum892

EXACTLY. That's what bothered me too:P She looks awful with the wig..why can't they let her wear her pixie cut from Arsenal Military Academy?? I mean there've been actresses with short hair before right?

It's funny that the female lead is older than male lead by 3 years:lol: They look compatible & cute together. Maybe 'cause he seem mature? Oh he's a good kisser eheh:phew: I much prefer the other title, "Lucky's First Love" it's just shorter ha-ha! The drama is pretty fun to watch so far but plot's nothing new, most C-dramas love the ordinary, cute, naive girl with CEO possessive, controlling guy romance:rolleyes: I still watch them though...if done right LoL;)

I really liked the previous title The  World Owes me a First Love.  Also I read on another site after C-netizens saw the crappy wig on Bai Lu's head they trended "The World Owes Bai Lu A Nice Wig" :lol::lol::lol: lol lol lol!

Yeah, the story seems to be the same old same old for C-drama rom-coms but I'm grateful it is just 24 episodes rather than a pointless 44 episodes or something.  I remember he was a good kisser in the Eternal Love drama and I know Bai Lu is a great kisser from Legends so we should get some real kiss scenes in this drama! :lol:

@raziela

:lol: "The World Owes Bai Lu a Better Wig" :lol: Oh got to give them netizen credit for bein' witty sometime!:w00t:

I've only ever watched her on AMA so I can't judge:P Zhao Lin however, has been on a roll lately. Think he's been on 3-4 dramas out this year already! Though I wished he played a different role he's typecast pretty much. Hard to believe he's only 22.

Ahahah oh yes to shorter episodes:w00t:

11 hours ago, raziela said:

I really liked the previous title The  World Owes me a First Love.  Also I read on another site after C-netizens saw the crappy wig on Bai Lu's head they trended "The World Owes Bai Lu A Nice Wig" :lol::lol::lol: lol lol lol!

That's hilarious.  I don't think the wig would be so bad if it wasn't so poofy on top.  It's a puzzler why of all the wigs in the world they had to give her that one, as surely they could've found a more natural looking one, but ah well.  Fortunately I don't find it too distracting and am enjoying the drama just fine.  I also like the version of, "The World Owes Me a First Love," for the title; it's a literal translation of the Chinese title and is also what Chu Nan says to her the second time they talk after breaking up.  

11 hours ago, raziela said:

Yeah, the story seems to be the same old same old for C-drama rom-coms but I'm grateful it is just 24 episodes rather than a pointless 44 episodes or something.

LOL, I more or less said the same to a friend yesterday when I said, "The fact that it's only 24 episodes means it's already better than some of the other dramas out there."  :P Anyway, it may not be anything flashy or new but I am enjoying this drama.  It's cute, entertaining, and funny at times. I really like that here, it's the ML who is interested in the FL first.  Just wish he wouldn't quit sabotaging himself with that barbed tongue of his!  It's sweet how he's always looking out for her and has her first and foremost on his mind; if only she was able to connect the dots to figure it out. 

The sister's first husband gives me creepy vibes though... and I don't believe Xia Ke would not like the first husband without good reason.  Since the OTP's story is more or less progressing as anticipated, I actually find myself more curious as to what will happen with the sister.  ;) 

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

The sister's first husband gives me creepy vibes though... and I don't believe Xia Ke would not like the first husband without good reason.  Since the OTP's story is more or less progressing as anticipated, I actually find myself more curious as to what will happen with the sister. 

Ahhh, if I’d watched one more episode last night I would have had my answers. I was right to suspect him as a creep. ;) 

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

That's hilarious.  I don't think the wig would be so bad if it wasn't so poofy on top.  It's a puzzler why of all the wigs in the world they had to give her that one, as surely they could've found a more natural looking one, but ah well.  Fortunately I don't find it too distracting and am enjoying the drama just fine.  I also like the version of, "The World Owes Me a First Love," for the title; it's a literal translation of the Chinese title and is also what Chu Nan says to her the second time they talk after breaking up.  

LOL, I more or less said the same to a friend yesterday when I said, "The fact that it's only 24 episodes means it's already better than some of the other dramas out there."  :P Anyway, it may not be anything flashy or new but I am enjoying this drama.  It's cute, entertaining, and funny at times. I really like that here, it's the ML who is interested in the FL first.  Just wish he wouldn't quit sabotaging himself with that barbed tongue of his!  It's sweet how he's always looking out for her and has her first and foremost on his mind; if only she was able to connect the dots to figure it out. 

The sister's first husband gives me creepy vibes though... and I don't believe Xia Ke would not like the first husband without good reason.  Since the OTP's story is more or less progressing as anticipated, I actually find myself more curious as to what will happen with the sister.  ;) 

That awful wig is just a complete mystery.  Who thought it was OK?

Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much too.  Definitely the shorter episode count is already a point in its favour. There is no need for a fluff romcom to be more than 24 episodes but the C-dramas sure do try to drag it out for as many episodes as possible. 

I'm pleased to hear the ML falls first.  That is my preferred trope! :D

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Definitely the shorter episode count is already a point in its favour. There is no need for a fluff romcom to be more than 24 episodes but the C-dramas sure do try to drag it out for as many episodes as possible. 

If a drama has the material to sustain its story, I don't actually care how long it is - it can be as long as it'd like to be so long as it remains interesting, engaging, and relevant.  Like you and I have previously discussed in the GYH thread, I wouldn't have minded more there and that drama was already 35 episodes long.  Conversely, I recently watched My GF is an Alien and, while it's not that I didn't like it, I did feel it got incredibly repetitive midway through and could've been cut short by several episodes.  That's why even though it was 28 episodes, in my memory, I keep thinking of it as a 44-episode drama because it felt that way (to me, at least.  I'm sure there are others who would disagree).  :P 

Fortunately, Lucky's First Love has kept things brisk so far (disclaimer: I'm only halfway through) and I'm rolling right along.  Hoping the second half of the drama keeps it up!

Archived