[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Princess Silver 白发王妃

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, BreezeC said:

I am going to shift the focus here a bit on Leo Luo Yunxi's character, Rong Qi...Although I like both leads but I wasn't planning to check this drama out because personally I am a bit tired of long drama lol But then I saw this MV and I have to check it out for Leo...Don't read if you don't want spoiler...

Hide contents

Rong Qi's character is soooooooooooooooooooooo sad and pitiful...From the spoiler I have read, he and ManYao is suppose to be lover (pure innocent type of first love...I can totally see it in the mv) but his vengeance-driven mother drove them apart and have to use ManYao's life to threaten Rong Qi to do her bidding. Poor Rong Qi, knowing he is going to die at 24, he let MY lost her memory and made her became his sister and send her into another man's arm. While he is suffering from his sickness, his mother evil plan and trying to keep her alive. Suffering silently as he watched the woman in love fell in love with someone else and knowing his actions will make her hate him. The hopelessness and despair is surrounding this character every time I see him, while it hurts my heart that he only wants to protect her but she didn't know... At the end, he used up every ounce of his strength and his blood to protect and save her... He really use up every part of himself...his heart, his blood, his energy, his mind, and even his corpse to love this woman... I look forward to seeing more of his scenes even though I am sure it is going to be heart-breaking...

Rong Qi's characterization:

自尚未出生之时,便已注定我的人生无法圆满。无论世事如何轮转,我的爱——永无出路。
  容齐,容棋!
  请容我一局棋,以爱为筹码、命做盘,下到肝肠寸断,亦不悔!

"Even before I was born, I was doomed to a life of incompleteness. No matter how the world turn, my love... have no way out.

Rong Qi, Rong Qi! (The second Qi is a different Chinese character meaning 'Chess')

Let me play a game of chess, with love as the bargaining chip, life as the board, playing as liver and intestines are cut to pieces (idiom meaning heart broken, sorrow-stricken, pain to the extreme), but I do not regret!!!

So very sad. Boo...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, autumnwind said:

Ah, sorry for the confusion. It's towards the end of the book,

Hide contents

where the General wanted to get back at the ML so he set up a stage in public, drugged who he thought was the fake FL, and made everyone watch as the ML did the deed with the fake!FL (who turned out to be the real FL). I don't know about you, but it's disgusting to watch a couple do the deed in public. The fact that the General made them do it in front of other people is what made me lose all sympathy for his character.I really hope they remove this part from the drama. 

It's totally ok that you don't feel the same about Aarif. Everyone has their own perspective of the cast, characters and story. :) 

Lol, pretty sure that part is included lol (however changed). It’s a step further from what the crown prince did but basically same scheme lol. Though I don’t know how that sort of thing should even sound like a good plan in anyone’s mind? (Feel like the author just want to make the General a really disgusting person 0.o). Anyway, we will get there soon lol.

pretty sure in the drama, this will happen:

Spoiler

The General will use the same drug the King was drugged with, which ended up making him hallucinating and killed the prince’s mom, on the princess. Princess stabbed the prince thinking she stabbed the General, and his scheme was to break them apart, making the prince thinks she doesn’t love him and want to kill him. Princess then thinks her prince die, got ultra sad and turn white hair. The prince takes down the General, and they live happily ever after, until both hair are white! *yawn lol

10 hours ago, BreezeC said:

I am going to shift the focus here a bit on Leo Luo Yunxi's character, Rong Qi...Although I like both leads but I wasn't planning to check this drama out because personally I am a bit tired of long drama lol But then I saw this MV and I have to check it out for Leo...Don't read if you don't want spoiler...

Hide contents

Rong Qi's character is soooooooooooooooooooooo sad and pitiful...From the spoiler I have read, he and ManYao is suppose to be lover (pure innocent type of first love...I can totally see it in the mv) but his vengeance-driven mother drove them apart and have to use ManYao's life to threaten Rong Qi to do her bidding. Poor Rong Qi, knowing he is going to die at 24, he let MY lost her memory and made her became his sister and send her into another man's arm. While he is suffering from his sickness, his mother evil plan and trying to keep her alive. Suffering silently as he watched the woman in love fell in love with someone else and knowing his actions will make her hate him. The hopelessness and despair is surrounding this character every time I see him, while it hurts my heart that he only wants to protect her but she didn't know... At the end, he used up every ounce of his strength and his blood to protect and save her... He really use up every part of himself...his heart, his blood, his energy, his mind, and even his corpse to love this woman... I look forward to seeing more of his scenes even though I am sure it is going to be heart-breaking...

容齐,容棋!

"Even before I was born, I was doomed to a life of incompleteness. No matter how the world turn, my love... have no way out.

Rong Qi, Rong Qi! (The second Qi is a different Chinese character meaning 'Chess')

Let me play a game of chess, with love as the bargaining chip, life as the board, playing as liver and intestines are cut to pieces (idiom meaning heart broken, sorrow-stricken, pain to the extreme), but I do not regret!!!

Too bad, his character barely has much scenes! And even though I guess his story as much, and know that it will he reveal in the next few eps (possibly gonna devoting at least 3-5 eps on him, their first love, etc), that makes the drama has less than 15eps to reach home. Gonna be a rush, yet boring predictable one lol. And this is why I’m like the princess is actually pretty lucky. Sure she might felt used and betrayed, but deep down, each man loves her and protect her. And some even betrayed her for the right reasons (her emperor brother). For someone so smart, she’s not empathise enough or understanding enough. And so, I don’t think I will feel for the reason her hair turns white. This drama highlight is about the second and the third male suffering, rather than the lead couple’s suffering lol. It’s a shame that her character started out strong and smart, while still being smart as the show goes on, she lost the sparkles for me :/ I can’t fault her actions that much, because if you don’t love someone, you should not give them hope, but because you see how much pains the general and her emperor brother have, you somewhat not liking her lol (or not loving her as strongly? If you know what I mean)

2 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Lol, pretty sure that part is included lol (however changed). It’s a step further from what the crown prince did but basically same scheme lol. Though I don’t know how that sort of thing should even sound like a good plan in anyone’s mind? (Feel like the author just want to make the General a really disgusting person 0.o). Anyway, we will get there soon lol.

Hide contents

The General will use the same drug the King was drugged with, which ended up making him hallucinating and killed the prince’s mom, on the princess. Princess stabbed the prince thinking she stabbed the General, and his scheme was to break them apart, making the prince thinks she doesn’t love him and want to kill him. Princess then thinks her prince die, got ultra sad and turn white hair. The prince takes down the General, and they live happily ever after, until both hair are white! *yawn lol

Where did you hear or read this?

This is sad but I do like the change bez in the novel having to be force to sex in front everyone is gross.

I hope there is better chemistry from the couple maybe it’s Aarif bez he really can’t express that emotion with first eyes. I don’t know I don’t any emotion invested with them but knowing they suppose to be together. Lol

I hope it gets better. Lol

1 hour ago, vlvl1 said:

Where did you hear or read this?

This is sad but I do like the change bez in the novel having to be force to sex in front everyone is gross.

I hope there is better chemistry from the couple maybe it’s Aarif bez he really can’t express that emotion with first eyes. I don’t know I don’t any emotion invested with them but knowing they suppose to be together. Lol

I hope it gets better. Lol

It’s my guess based on the mv/ending credit scene. Can’t remember where I saw it but

Spoiler

There was a scene where she sees the General on the outdoor bed and decided to stab him. And it turns out to be the prince. And then you know what happen to the emperor and the prince’s mother, so not hard to put two and two together

3 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah the whole thing is insanely cruel, but that goes hand in hand with the General’s downfall.

I also don’t understand how or why the General fell for the FL to be honest. That just happened out of the blue for me. If it was meant to be love at first sight, then I honestly couldn’t sense that from him.

2 hours ago, autumnwind said:

Yeah the whole thing is insanely cruel, but that goes hand in hand with the General’s downfall.

I also don’t understand how or why the General fell for the FL to be honest. That just happened out of the blue for me. If it was meant to be love at first sight, then I honestly couldn’t sense that from him.

Very true bez I didn’t see that too. I was like why you like her and when? Either it was not film correctly or the general didn’t make it too obvious. Lol

2 hours ago, autumnwind said:

He explained that because she can understand his music (“the second you told me how you felt about my music, I knew you are the one for me” that’s what the General said when she is like “I don’t understand why you want me, or love me when we barely even know each other”). I think he’s always so guarded, and hiding behind a facade for so long, that no one can read him. But when he plays his music, that’s the only time he’s true to himself, and she can say outright what’s really in his heart/mind. 

so that where the point i most hated that psycho general 
like even if he wanna disgrace Wu you & even if he thought it was her sister, how on earth did he thought of such a shameful & disgusting idea like that?!!!!

another thing that he said he loved but that wasn't enough to prevent him to use her life as a threat to get back at wu you:rage:

Spoiler

Both potential heirs for the throne tried to take the throne and Zhong Zhen Wu You nearly won. However General threatened him with Man Yao’s life which turned the tide. Man Yao has been force-fed some sicko-poison and to save her life, she must take an antidote before mating like crazy, or else she dies. The General staged an arena of red curtains and forced Man Yao and Wu You to make love with 10,000 soldiers watching. Even though his army can overtake the General and his men, Wu You cannot afford for General to smash the antidote to the ground and so he surrendered.
The General had thought that the woman in the arena was an imposter who looks like Man Yao but when Man Yao survived the ordeal and came out from behind the red curtains with a head of snowy, messy white, he was truly shocked. “Why…why is it you?!”. Later, Man Yao told him that she has started to trust him in the few months that they are together and has nearly fallen in love with him. But after her ordeal, she now knows who truly loves her – enough to forsake a kingdom and his pride – and swears to be with Wu You forever

copied 

another thing i read that wu you hair will also turn white & the general will searching for a herb to return his hair to black ( in the  epilogue )

3 hours ago, aya02 said:

so that where the point i most hated that psycho general 
like even if he wanna disgrace Wu you & even if he thought it was her sister, how on earth did he thought of such a shameful & disgusting idea like that?!!!!

another thing that he said he loved but that wasn't enough to prevent him to use her life as a threat to get back at wu you:rage:

Hide contents

Both potential heirs for the throne tried to take the throne and Zhong Zhen Wu You nearly won. However General threatened him with Man Yao’s life which turned the tide. Man Yao has been force-fed some sicko-poison and to save her life, she must take an antidote before mating like crazy, or else she dies. The General staged an arena of red curtains and forced Man Yao and Wu You to make love with 10,000 soldiers watching. Even though his army can overtake the General and his men, Wu You cannot afford for General to smash the antidote to the ground and so he surrendered.
The General had thought that the woman in the arena was an imposter who looks like Man Yao but when Man Yao survived the ordeal and came out from behind the red curtains with a head of snowy, messy white, he was truly shocked. “Why…why is it you?!”. Later, Man Yao told him that she has started to trust him in the few months that they are together and has nearly fallen in love with him. But after her ordeal, she now knows who truly loves her – enough to forsake a kingdom and his pride – and swears to be with Wu You forever

copied 

another thing i read that wu you hair will also turn white & the general will searching for a herb to return his hair to black ( in the  epilogue )

What caused WY hair to turn white as well? If anyone knows.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:34 AM, BreezeC said:

Hide contents

容齐,容棋!

Why is he always play pitiful character? My broken heart still has not recovered from Ashes of Love (where he plays somewhat similar character). I wish he gets the girl next time around. *sigh

8 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Lol, nah, only the two leads. What cause the general to think she’s an imposter and not the real princess?

I don't know how the real princess was drugged  instead of the imposer

i also read that her sister was the one supposed to be in that arena , i don' know how he'd use her like that since she is in love with him & his follower:wacko: 

anyway i guess it was the sister doing since she already pretended to be the princess in ep 25 & that is why the general was going to use her & maybe she found out & drugged the princess to get back at him 

or  RONG QI's mother doing

I so want to skip to this part to see how exactly her hair turns white. From what I recall reading in the book, it was out of anger/sadness/humiliation from the way she’s been treated by the men in her life, but I should probably go back and read it again.

Just finished ep 22 and I can sort of see why the General is so frustrated at times. The emperor’s remarks about his abilities or lack thereof are uncalled for. In a way, I can see why his personality becomes twisted. And it’s really not wrong of him to ask his wife to consider his feelings.

I also like the way they changed some of the lines for Wu You. Especially in 

Spoiler

the scene where they spend 3 days in his mother’s tomb after he took away from her wedding and he says that he won’t let her down or his people/country. In the book, he was condescending about it, like “If you turn around, I, Zong Zheng Wu You, won’t let you down.” Whereas in the drama, they changed it so that it shows he’s not just a spoiled and selfish brat (that was actually my first impression of him in the book), but someone who has the potentially to change into someone who cares enough about his own country’s political affairs and people. Besides, she left him after that scene and he still kept his word.

Where can I watch this with Eng sub, currently I watch with no sub at all! 

In my perspective from what I saw (with zero chinese understanding) the male lead is pretty good at express emotion thought.

He looks soft when he wish to yet very arrogant at the same time. The story line are making me want to watch another episode on and on too even I don't understand chinese at all.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:56 AM, Alila Nguyen said:

And this is why I’m like the princess is actually pretty lucky. Sure she might felt used and betrayed, but deep down, each man loves her and protect her. And some even betrayed her for the right reasons (her emperor brother). For someone so smart, she’s not empathise enough or understanding enough. And so, I don’t think I will feel for the reason her hair turns white. This drama highlight is about the second and the third male suffering, rather than the lead couple’s suffering lol. It’s a shame that her character started out strong and smart, while still being smart as the show goes on, she lost the sparkles for me :/ I can’t fault her actions that much, because if you don’t love someone, you should not give them hope, but because you see how much pains the general and her emperor brother have, you somewhat not liking her lol (or not loving her as strongly? If you know what I mean)

I know exactly what you mean because I don't dislike the female lead but when I see all three male leads loving her and literally expressing it in her face and she have this impassionate look or doubting look, I just can't like her much. I know I know she have her own reason and I understand but still all these guys are loving, protecting, and caring for her and she is hurting all of them at the same time...without knowing...or caring...    

Hi everyone, have been following this thread but could not catch up the episodes yet. Still i m looking forward to reading the reviews and spoilers. Please keep this thread moving :rolleyes:

Up to episode 8, i enjoyed the story and the pace of the drama. On the leads performances, both Sophie and Aarif are not bad (for me) and i enjoyed all the Wuyou +Manyao moments. 

As contrary to most here, i do not know Leo before this. So i am more incline to Sophie, Aarif and Jing Chao story.

Hope to catch up more over the weekends. Happy weekends!

Archived