[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Princess Silver 白发王妃

sugarplum892

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, cheerieK said:

Hi everyone, have been following this thread but could not catch up the episodes yet. Still i m looking forward to reading the reviews and spoilers. Please keep this thread moving :rolleyes:

Up to episode 8, i enjoyed the story and the pace of the drama. On the leads performances, both Sophie and Aarif are not bad (for me) and i enjoyed all the Wuyou +Manyao moments. 

As contrary to most here, i do not know Leo before this. So i am more incline to Sophie, Aarif and Jing Chao story.

Hope to catch up more over the weekends. Happy weekends!

I've watched 32 episodes.  LOL   very good drama

Ok... So lesson to learn from this drama:

It's good to listen to your old man occasionally:D

Wu You could have saved himself, Rong Le and the General a lot of heartbreak if he'd just married her in the first place.

2 hours ago, Sanju98 said:

Ok... So lesson to learn from this drama:

It's good to listen to your old man occasionally:D

Wu You could have saved himself, Rong Le and the General a lot of heartbreak if he'd just married her in the first place.

I can understand Wuyou as he cant simply touch any woman. But I wonder why Manyao didnt tell him she is the princess before its too late. Cant wait to reach there :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, thistledots said:

I’m really more curious now about the identity of Rong Le because of all the flashbacks. Is she really a princess of western kingdom??? I’m liking the story so far because of the mystery hehe. 

I haven't read the novel but I think

Spoiler

it's obvious the princess grew up in Beilin as she knew her way around Wuyou's home.

I reckon she is related to Chancellor Qin -- maybe one of his daughters? Otherwise, what's the point of constantly bringing up his name when he died before the drama began.

6 hours ago, Conniedom said:

Hide contents

it's obvious the princess grew up in Beilin as she knew her way around Wuyou's home.

I reckon she is related to Chancellor Qin -- maybe one of his daughters? Otherwise, what's the point of constantly bringing up his name when he died before the drama began.

Yup, that’s my theory as well. 

Spoiler

She’s not the real princess, rather an adopted one, adopted after the emperor brother learns he will die young.

Sadly the mystery isn’t great/being overused/over hinting. I skipped most of it and still know what they are trying to say lol (too many repeat flashbacks)

9 hours ago, Conniedom said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Hmmm... I found her relationship with her brother a little odd. He acts more boyfriend than brother. 

5 hours ago, chdom said:
  Hide contents

Hmmm... I found her relationship with her brother a little odd. He acts more boyfriend than brother. 

Hahaha, i have the same feeling ! 

Spoiler to the novel below if you are interested but be warn lol The drama probably diverge from the novel but so far I think it may be the same in terms of the background and some of the mysteries but I can be wrong lol Also since the novel is so long, I didn't read the entire novel, just listen to the last few chapters of the novel where the climax happened and everything is pretty much revealed. Forgive me if I got some of the details wrong since I am not 100% fluent in mandarin and I may miss some details so feel free to correct me :)

Spoiler

The ultimate mastermind behind everything is Xiqi's current empress dowager, Rong Qi's mother. Apparently, she was in love the Beilin's emperor (when he was just a prince), her family helped him get the throne and then he basically killed her entire clan afterward (because they were threatening his power) and then he felt in love with Wu You's mother and sent her to another man, the late emperor of Xiqi (who treated her like a toy) Hence, she hated her own son. When she was poisoned by the late Beilin's emperor, she transferred all her poison to Rong Qi and that's why before he was born, he is fated to die young. Her master plan is basically to get her revenge on the Beilin's emperor and for that, she basically ruin or treat all the second generation as her chess pieces. 

Man Yao - Her entire family was killed and she got separated from her sister. She was brought to the palace to impersonate a princess to be married to the Beilin Kingdom and create chaos. Growing up in the cold palace (where abandoned concubines resides and gone crazy) Man Yao is very lonely until she dressed up as a maid and sneaked out to another part of the palace where it was said to be haunted by ghost. Even though people are scared to go there, Man Yao find that to be her sanctuary because it is much beautiful than the abandon part of the palace. And there, she met another lonely soul, Rong Qi, and they became each other companion and fell in love. She kept sneaking out to see him as a maid until he ascended the throne and she hided from him. He wanted to find her and marry her but when he finally did...she said she is his sister (Poor Rong Qi :( ) Shortly, Rong Qi found out his mother's scheme and Man Yao found out her family is killed by the empress dowager. When Man Yao tried to escape, the empress dowager threatened to choke her son to death in front of her (She is really powerful in martial art), Rong Qi beg Man Yao to go since she is his mother, she won't hurt him but Man Yao saw the heartlessness in the empress dowager's eyes and surrendered (I think she really love Rong Qi at this point). She agreed to take the poison that empress dowager gave her, which cause her to lose her memory. With this incident, Rong Qi is forced to follow his mother's schemes because he needs her medicines to suppress Man Yao's poison. Basically he is a pawn to his mother's plan and he can't even rebel because his mother is so powerful (she holds the true power to the kingdom, she holds the medicines to his poison and Man Yao's poison). When he refused, his mother will not give him the medicines and he will suffer tremendous pain, blooding from all seven poles. Overall, throughout the whole novel, he is acting as a silent guardian angel to Man Yao and doing his best to protect her under all the schemes his mother implemented. That's why at the premiering press con when the host asked the casts who is the most tragic character in this drama, the winner goes to Rong Qi.

As for the Beilin side, the General is actually Wu You's twin brother (not sure is it the same in the drama). Stolen at birth to be brought up by empress dowager's alternate self. She brought him up and bury him in vengeance for his true family. For his whole childhood, he is trained to take revenge and he is quite pitiful when the whole truth is revealed. He is used as the main 'weapon' to payback the emperor of Beilin. For the emperor to watch as both his sons destroy each other with Mao Yao as the main trigger. (If they follow the novel, the emperor probably didn't die yet in episode 32 but kidnapped by the empress dowager to witness her their battle afterward).

That's it for now, if anyone wants to know more, such as the ending, let me know and I'll post what I know... 

Up to episode 20, i appreciate how the plot moving on. Not too political and draggy. I like both Wu You and Fu Chou at the moment.

Spoiler

I like how WY tried his best to get back the girl but finally letting her go and moving on with his life. It hurts so much when he asked if she ever love him.:dissapointed_relieved:

I wonder if they need food to survive the 3 days in the tomb. :P Anyway i still love this man :wub:. The only thing is that he should not have revealed that they slept together as this is affecting RL reputation badly. Having said that, i can understand that he was trying his best to stop the wedding. 

I am slowly moving on to like FC as well as he now plays a understanding and patient husband. But deep down, we know that this guy is not that simple with his ambition and hidden agenda. 

Nothing much on Rong Qi yet. 

12 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Spoiler to the novel below if you are interested but be warn lol The drama probably diverge from the novel but so far I think it may be the same in terms of the background and some of the mysteries but I can be wrong lol Also since the novel is so long, I didn't read the entire novel, just listen to the last few chapters of the novel where the climax happened and everything is pretty much revealed. Forgive me if I got some of the details wrong since I am not 100% fluent in mandarin and I may miss some details so feel free to correct me :)

Reveal hidden contents

The ultimate mastermind behind everything is Xiqi's current empress dowager, Rong Qi's mother. Apparently, she was in love the Beilin's emperor (when he was just a prince), her family helped him get the throne and then he basically killed her entire clan afterward (because they were threatening his power) and then he felt in love with Wu You's mother and sent her to another man, the late emperor of Xiqi (who treated her like a toy) Hence, she hated her own son. When she was poisoned by the late Beilin's emperor, she transferred all her poison to Rong Qi and that's why before he was born, he is fated to die young. Her master plan is basically to get her revenge on the Beilin's emperor and for that, she basically ruin or treat all the second generation as her chess pieces. 

Man Yao - Her entire family was killed and she got separated from her sister. She was brought to the palace to impersonate a princess to be married to the Beilin Kingdom and create chaos. Growing up in the cold palace (where abandoned concubines resides and gone crazy) Man Yao is very lonely until she dressed up as a maid and sneaked out to another part of the palace where it was said to be haunted by ghost. Even though people are scared to go there, Man Yao find that to be her sanctuary because it is much beautiful than the abandon part of the palace. And there, she met another lonely soul, Rong Qi, and they became each other companion and fell in love. She kept sneaking out to see him as a maid until he ascended the throne and she hided from him. He wanted to find her and marry her but when he finally did...she said she is his sister (Poor Rong Qi :( ) Shortly, Rong Qi found out his mother's scheme and Man Yao found out her family is killed by the empress dowager. When Man Yao tried to escape, the empress dowager threatened to choke her son to death in front of her (She is really powerful in martial art), Rong Qi beg Man Yao to go since she is his mother, she won't hurt him but Man Yao saw the heartlessness in the empress dowager's eyes and surrendered (I think she really love Rong Qi at this point). She agreed to take the poison that empress dowager gave her, which cause her to lose her memory. With this incident, Rong Qi is forced to follow his mother's schemes because he needs her medicines to suppress Man Yao's poison. Basically he is a pawn to his mother's plan and he can't even rebel because his mother is so powerful (she holds the true power to the kingdom, she holds the medicines to his poison and Man Yao's poison). When he refused, his mother will not give him the medicines and he will suffer tremendous pain, blooding from all seven poles. Overall, throughout the whole novel, he is acting as a silent guardian angel to Man Yao and doing his best to protect her under all the schemes his mother implemented. That's why at the premiering press con when the host asked the casts who is the most tragic character in this drama, the winner goes to Rong Qi.

As for the Beilin side, the General is actually Wu You's twin brother (not sure is it the same in the drama). Stolen at birth to be brought up by empress dowager's alternate self. She brought him up and bury him in vengeance for his true family. For his whole childhood, he is trained to take revenge and he is quite pitiful when the whole truth is revealed. He is used as the main 'weapon' to payback the emperor of Beilin. For the emperor to watch as both his sons destroy each other with Mao Yao as the main trigger. (If they follow the novel, the emperor probably didn't die yet in episode 32 but kidnapped by the empress dowager to witness her their battle afterward).

That's it for now, if anyone wants to know more, such as the ending, let me know and I'll post what I know... 

Thank you very much for this huge spoiler! Can you tell me how the story ended in the novel? And what's the real identity of the FL? 

13 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Hide contents

That’s s some scheme! Lol! Poor Rong Qi and Fu Chou. And this is why I said this drama’s highlights are the second and third male lead lol. I feel for them, and so not much for Wu You (he is the definition of born with a golden spoon then have the cake xD). For FC, witnessing his dad rather him dead and won’t accept him as son, and for RQ where his mother hates him and use him. Those two do not have any love in their lives, and the princess do not have feeling for one, and forgot the feeling she has for the other! I feel for RL as she did love RQ. But... knowing these make me further doubt how she could go white hair lol. Definitely not because of the pains, maybe because of the poison, but pains? The second n third male lead have it way worse -.-

And I also don’t like how wu you ruined her reputation on her wedding day either, that’s just immature. He should know he was the first to refuse her, and if she wasn’t the princess, he would still refuse the marriage to the princess! He did not think for his country (yea, don’t want to be used as pawn, but at the same time, where was his sense of responsibility? When you were born into a royal family, living with a full belly, you should learn to be responsible), not once but many time over. And he thinks he’s the favourite prince and so he can go and humiliate any govern official to his liking? His character is so childish, and he literally can do no wrong.

I don't understand why this thread is so "un"busy.  I really don't see/hear anyone talking about it 'cept here. Personally, I am enjoying this drama - the plot, the characters/actors, action... 

As of now, I'm more into the General. I see the change in him when he looks at RQ, the softening in that hard, expressionless face. When he sees/hears her laughing that slight smile that comes across his mouth... I would like to see RQ become stronger and invincible and kick some butt. 

3 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

I don't understand why this thread is so "un"busy.  I really don't see/hear anyone talking about it 'cept here. Personally, I am enjoying this drama - the plot, the characters/actors, action... 

As of now, I'm more into the General. I see the change in him when he looks at RQ, the softening in that hard, expressionless face. When he sees/hears her laughing that slight smile that comes across his mouth... I would like to see RQ become stronger and invincible and kick some butt. 

Ya i totally agree with you. I absolutely love the pacing of the drama so far. Hope it can keep up til the end. Wonder how the drama fares in China. 

Up to episode 24, i feel for the general so much esp. in the bath pool scene as Jing Chao did so well in expressing his disappointment, hurt and anger at the same time. Its really heartbreaking.:dissapointed_relieved:  But that doesnt stop me from shipping the main CP as they really love each other so much. 

On 5/27/2019 at 1:28 PM, BreezeC said:

Reveal hidden contents

Your spoiler is amazing - thank you so much! I can feel there is a lot going on behind the scenes which is yet to be revealed so your post pretty much confirmed it and more. Absolutely loving this drama so far and the cast are spot on. I dont normally post but just want to say thank you... and can u tell us the ending lol  

Need to prepare my heart because although there is an obvious OTP I'm loving all three leads 

51 minutes ago, Natyo said:

Your spoiler is amazing - thank you so much! I can feel there is a lot going on behind the scenes which is yet to be revealed so your post pretty much confirmed it and more. Absolutely loving this drama so far and the cast are spot on. I dont normally post but just want to say thank you... and can u tell us the ending lol  

Need to prepare my heart because although there is an obvious OTP I'm loving all three leads 

Spoiler

OTP doesn’t change and will end up with each other lol. Second and third male lead can love her as much as they like, but her heart is pretty set. I think the book ends with both leads went white hair but able to live together, the third lead die, and the General is forever alone.

4 hours ago, cheerieK said:

Ya i totally agree with you. I absolutely love the pacing of the drama so far. Hope it can keep up til the end. Wonder how the drama fares in China. 

Up to episode 24, i feel for the general so much esp. in the bath pool scene as Jing Chao did so well in expressing his disappointment, hurt and anger at the same time. Its really heartbreaking.:dissapointed_relieved:  But that doesnt stop me from shipping the main CP as they really love each other so much. 

Well, considering even my Vietnamese newspaper ignore this drama, I don’t think it’s doing so well. As much as most people loves the male lead and think the female lead is pretty, cute and very good at acting, the series as a whole missing something. Possibly it’s rather predictable at this rate, like the trailer, the closing credit, the book’s ending, all pointing out as the drama will follow it. Then there is a certain missing something for me: like a lack of emotional impacts, like I mentioned in my previous post, I don’t feel strongly for the main leads, and still haven’t. And we are at 32 :/ and since we know her heart won’t change, then it kinda go snoozefest predictable way (even though it’s done well, me as an audience isn’t gonna be surprise :/ hard to explain but yea, I almost wanted it to go the dessert drama with Cecilia Liu at this rate lol). Then there is the chemistry between the leads, maybe it’s ok chemistry, but it isn’t the best? Look at the legends, the chemistry is off the chart, and so while that drama tanks in many ways compare to this series, it creates quite a buzz and love from the fans.

And there is other complains, like a YouTube I followed, she didn’t even bother trying because apparently this series has major photoshop issue: making sure everyone’s face is white and clean of blemish lol. I think it did well online, but not exceptional. And then there is a leak issue, it’s bad to release 32 eps in literally a week, then making people wait for 2 weeks to go back on schedule, it gives people time to realise they aren’t that attach to the drama lol, and so not as strong a buzz either (if you know what I mean). And normally, if I love a series, I would rewatch during wait time, but I haven’t :/ not even 1 part (which highlight maybe another problem? No real part to go back and rewatch which is bad for romantic drama)

@Alila Nguyen sad that we cant enjoy this series together like TFD. But i do get surprises at some point. Maybe i started the drama with no expectation as there is no big stars in it. I did not even bother to read the synopsis lol. 

I m now at the story of Zhen Bei Wang and enjoying the sub story as well. The only character i dislike so far is the Beilin crown prince.

I can totally understand how you feel if you dont like main leads. Lets switch focus to the general for now. Jing Chao is the great actor. I like him a lot :P

Didn't I read somewhere that the FL was separated from her sister as a child or something? I just got a vibe when I watched the part with the General's "hired" woman & the FL - when they were fighting in the secret chamber, both dressed in black. Then they comforted one another. 

I don't know but when the males talk, they don't move their upper lips. I guess it gives them that stern, formidable appearance. But when the General & the FL argue, his top lip gets a workout. She triggers something in him that breaks that icy exterior. Love it! He looks sooo much more handsome then. Whereas, the ML looks the same angry, happy, sad, etc... And the way the ML manhandles the FL - don't care for it. He needs to go to charm school.

Archived