Episodes: 58
Broadcast Date: 5/15/2019

Cast:

Zhang Xueying

Aarif Lee

Luo Yunxi

Jing Chao
Synopsis:

Rong Le, a princess of the royal family of the Xiqi Kingdom who wakes up one day to find that she has lost her memory. She is ordered to marry Zong Zheng Wu You, seventh prince of the neighboring Beilin Kingdom, though her husband-to-be refuses to let her inside his manor.
Unable to return home, Rong Le settles down in Beilin and opens a teahouse under the alias of Manyao. It is rumored that the Qin family has misplaced an extraordinary tome that will supposedly usher in a time of prosperity for all the kingdoms, and Manyao embarks on a journey to find the book. Manyao and Wu You meet and fall in love without realizing each other’s true identity, though they are forced to separate when Rong Le’s brother Rong Qi orders her to marry the powerful General Fu Chou.
(Source: cfen.si)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Princess Silver 白发王妃 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

While I don’t think much of the male lead, in term of both look and acting so far (his look ping pong between decent and I can understand why some finds him hot, to not hot at all), but the story so far is great, the pacing is quite decent, you don’t feel it being too slow. The female lead is great, I feel she’s carrying the series well, cute, pretty, strong, and smart. So far, we have met all the important male figures in her life, and each has very different personalities, and slowly you learn how and why each of them are drawn to her (none of them has a look that wow me, or the acting to do so either lol).

it may ends badly, but if the story is told well, I’m ok with it. Overall, great production quality, great story telling, and costume design. Acting is decent but nothing to drive home about. Though all the boys seem to be a bit weaker in the acting department than the girl, admittedly it’s because their roles are more demanding atm to showcase the complexity of their character’s inner turmoils.

13 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

While I don’t think much of the male lead, in term of both look and acting so far (his look ping pong between decent and I can understand why some finds him hot, to not hot at all), but the story so far is great, the pacing is quite decent, you don’t feel it being too slow. The female lead is great, I feel she’s carrying the series well, cute, pretty, strong, and smart. So far, we have met all the important male figures in her life, and each has very different personalities, and slowly you learn how and why each of them are drawn to her (none of them has a look that wow me, or the acting to do so either lol).

it may ends badly, but if the story is told well, I’m ok with it. Overall, great production quality, great story telling, and costume design. Acting is decent but nothing to drive home about. Though all the boys seem to be a bit weaker in the acting department than the girl, admittedly it’s because their roles are more demanding atm to showcase the complexity of their character’s inner turmoils.

I do agree with you regarding the male lead. But, I just feel something is off from him. If they just another guy then maybe I won’t feel the same way.

But, Sophie did a good job on her role.

I’m up to episode 6 of this drama and so far i’m really enjoying it.

Spoiler

The male lead seems to have some kind of PTSD after he witnessed his father going berserk and killing his mother.This causes him to not be able to touch women because he gets flashbacks of his mother’s murder every time he gets touched or touches a woman(except when he interacts with Man Yao,Rong Le’s alter ego.)

I haven’t read the original novel yet, but read somewhere it has a happy ending.Hope this is true cause I don’t want this drama to end badly.

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

I’m up to episode 6 of this drama and so far i’m really enjoying it.

Hide contents

The male lead seems to have some kind of PTSD after he witnessed his father going berserk and killing his mother.This causes him to not be able to touch women because he gets flashbacks of his mother’s murder every time he gets touched or touches a woman(except when he interacts with Man Yao,Rong Le’s alter ego.)

I haven’t read the original novel yet, but read somewhere it has a happy ending.Hope this is true cause I don’t want this drama to end badly.

I know he meant to have some sort of trauma, but it’s about his acting lol. I wanted a bit more than those soulless eyes :/ . Due to lack of sleep, I properly watched up to 9, then skip a bit to now. Yea, the emotional impact is somehow a bit lacking :/ I think the male lead isn’t a great actor. I kinda like the general now too :/ like I hope we get to see a softer side of him! Even though he might be straight out bad.

Spoiler

Well, the article advertised the series as worse than goodbye my princess. So I was expecting it to be sad, though... looking at how the series going plus the scene in the ending credit, two white hairs kowtow, which seems like a wedding of some sort, I’m guessing she will be back with her prince! 

7 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

I hope someone post the esp on YouTube bez this drama is pretty good. The main girl is great in her role. She is the one who is carrying this series on her shoulders.

I agree the female lead is carrying the series on her own, which is unfortunate, because atm, I feel it’s slightly lacking in the impact :/ I watched the 2 latest eps last night and I just don’t feel that heart breaking for them :/ also there will be ZERO kissing scene in this series LOL! Two chances they have, we get a peck and a blur out, LOL!

16 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

I know he meant to have some sort of trauma, but it’s about his acting lol. I wanted a bit more than those soulless eyes :/ . Due to lack of sleep, I properly watched up to 9, then skip a bit to now. Yea, the emotional impact is somehow a bit lacking :/ I think the male lead isn’t a great actor. I kinda like the general now too :/ like I hope we get to see a softer side of him! Even though he might be straight out bad.

Reveal hidden contents

Well, the article advertised the series as worse than goodbye my princess. So I was expecting it to be sad, though... looking at how the series going plus the scene in the ending credit, two white hairs kowtow, which seems like a wedding of some sort, I’m guessing she will be back with her prince! 

I agree the female lead is carrying the series on her own, which is unfortunate, because atm, I feel it’s slightly lacking in the impact :/ I watched the 2 latest eps last night and I just don’t feel that heart breaking for them :/ also there will be ZERO kissing scene in this series LOL! Two chances they have, we get a peck and a blur out, LOL!

I  agree with you , the male lead acting can't be felt at wall 

all the other actors are pretty good especially the female lead

as for the novel, it's really more tragic than GBMP although it has somehow a happy ending but after all  they will  be going through,i don't really feel it

I don't know if they gonna stick to the original story but I'm sure it gonna have a lot of angst & tragic moments

well I'm more than ready for that:heartbreak:

On 5/18/2019 at 4:40 PM, Alila Nguyen said:

Reveal hidden contents

So true. Where are all of the kisses?

13 hours ago, aya02 said:

I  agree with you , the male lead acting can't be felt at wall 

all the other actors are pretty good especially the female lead

as for the novel, it's really more tragic than GBMP although it has somehow a happy ending but after all  they will  be going through,i don't really feel it

I don't know if they gonna stick to the original story but I'm sure it gonna have a lot of angst & tragic moments

well I'm more than ready for that:heartbreak:

I think you are right because I hear the novel is way more tragic than GBMP but I don’t feel the sadness even up to eps 16. The main male lead has one facial expression and can’t convert any feelings to get our attention but I still want to watch. Haha

But, why is the eps keeps getting removed from YouTube? 

1 hour ago, vlvl1 said:

I think you are right because I hear the novel is way more tragic than GBMP but I don’t feel the sadness even up to eps 16. The main male lead has one facial expression and can’t convert any feelings to get our attention but I still want to watch. Haha

But, why is the eps keeps getting removed from YouTube? 

Either copyright or something about the eps got leaked? I thought I have nothing to watch last night, but I checked my website and bam! Like 6 new subbed eps along side with 6 raw eps! Gotta be one of the fastest release drama I’ve ever seen in recent years lol. Then I read the comment and someone said it got leaked!

At this rate, I’m really behind because it just comes out so fast so I’m kinda fast forwarding a lot lol! (First drama in years that I’m so behind >_<) Idk I kinda like the general :/ even though it’s impossible for them, and he’s selfish but at the same time, uh, he’s an eye candy and his acting is above the male lead! Not exceptional but above him lol! I’m now rooting for the general even though that ship will sink before it’s even started lol!

Strike 3! Another blur out! :joy: yup, zero kissing scene! Wow! Lol!

Spoiler

So Uhm.... they sleep together again >_> I’m not sure how I feel about this. Drugged yea, but still >_> like someone spoiled the ending for me

Spoiler

So her hair gone white because the general slept with another girl, now how the hell can she be so heart broken to that point if so far, all I see is how she’s in love with the prince 0.o and sleep with no one else but him? Between her and the general, there is no longing, or love, or that of a best friend? And we are almost at the half way mark, and it seems nothing will change her heart, the prince is still perfect and in love with her, and she knows it... 

At this rate, the General has every right to turn into a psychopath lol. Sure he shouldn’t, but he literally got to put up with “your newly wedded wife isn’t a virgin” on his wedding day, and now, you are wearing a green hat, and your wife would rather not sleep with you at all while sleeping with her ex lover... yup, take a really saint man to overcome that

Spoiler

Oh so they didn’t sleep together, at least she saw how the general feel. Interesting lol! He nailed that scene perfectly, so heart broken, so angry, but he couldn’t do anything

Finally a thread in English for this series! So excited to have found this discussion forum! That being said, my post might be all over the place because of excitement, haha.

I originally started this series because of Leo Luo and Sophie Zhang, but now I have newfound appreciation for Aarif. I blame it on the solo song he wrote for this series. It blew me away the first time I heard it and I can’t remember the last time I counted down to a song’s release. Lol.

Anyway, I have watched about 18 episodes and can say that this series doesn’t get enough attention anywhere.

This is my second time watching Sophie Zhang. I’ve managed to skip her works since her guest appearance(?) in Whirlwind Girl where she played Bai Jingting’s sister. I remember her being a very sweet girl there and that was it, so I consider this as my first real look at her acting. She’s doing great so far and I’m definitely feeling her heartaches. I also admire her grit.  

I am actually quite enjoying Aarif’s portrayal of Wu You. In the novel, which I’ve just started reading, he’s as stoic as he is in the series if not more. I’ve started to notice his micro expressions and the subtle changes in his eyes. At least for me, it’s easy to differentiate when he’s in pain or hurt and when he’s just heads over heels in love with Man Yao. Meanwhile Cnetizens have been criticizing his looks, saying his face is too long but they mostly agree, at least from the comments I’ve seen, that he can act.

Jing Chao’s portrayal of General Fu Chou is spot on. This is my second time watching this actor and I feel like he does the second male lead roles quite well. Not good enough for me to develop second male lead syndrome, but he fits the bill. However, since I skipped around in the novel and read the last few chapters of it, I have to say I have absolutely no sympathy for his character. What he committed was an unspeakable act and I’m glad he suffered the consequences for it. It’s absolutely sickening. From the looks of the theme MV, they decided to keep this scene? Yikes.

Leo Luo Yunxi hasn’t appeared enough in the story for me to grow attached to him yet. All I know is that he’s super easy on the eyes and I really want to see his character development.

2 hours ago, autumnwind said:

Finally a thread in English for this series! So excited to have found this discussion forum! That being said, my post might be all over the place because of excitement, haha.

I originally started this series because of Leo Luo and Sophie Zhang, but now I have newfound appreciation for Aarif. I blame it on the solo song he wrote for this series. It blew me away the first time I heard it and I can’t remember the last time I counted down to a song’s release. Lol.

Anyway, I have watched about 18 episodes and can say that this series doesn’t get enough attention anywhere.

This is my second time watching Sophie Zhang. I’ve managed to skip her works since her guest appearance(?) in Whirlwind Girl where she played Bai Jingting’s sister. I remember her being a very sweet girl there and that was it, so I consider this as my first real look at her acting. She’s doing great so far and I’m definitely feeling her heartaches. I also admire her grit.  

I am actually quite enjoying Aarif’s portrayal of Wu You. In the novel, which I’ve just started reading, he’s as stoic as he is in the series if not more. I’ve started to notice his micro expressions and the subtle changes in his eyes. At least for me, it’s easy to differentiate when he’s in pain or hurt and when he’s just heads over heels in love with Man Yao. Meanwhile Cnetizens have been criticizing his looks, saying his face is too long but they mostly agree, at least from the comments I’ve seen, that he can act.

Jing Chao’s portrayal of General Fu Chou is spot on. This is my second time watching this actor and I feel like he does the second male lead roles quite well. Not good enough for me to develop second male lead syndrome, but he fits the bill. However, since I skipped around in the novel and read the last few chapters of it, I have to say I have absolutely no sympathy for his character. What he committed was an unspeakable act and I’m glad he suffered the consequences for it. It’s absolutely sickening. From the looks of the theme MV, they decided to keep this scene? Yikes.

Leo Luo Yunxi hasn’t appeared enough in the story for me to grow attached to him yet. All I know is that he’s super easy on the eyes and I really want to see his character development.

Spoiler

You mean he raped her? Well, unless there is another scene, I can tell you it didn’t happen lol. I can’t say what will happen in the next 23 eps (I’ve seen up to 32), he was closed to force himself on her, but he stopped.

So far I felt more for the general than the prince. Considering their background, the General always has the short end of the stick. And as fate has it, he’s always late at saving the FL. As the story goes on, I felt the story isn’t heartbreaking enough for the main couples, all I see is how heartbreaking the General is. I’m definitely watching it for the General atm lol, because frankly, the main couple development is pretty normal, nothing new or exciting -.- I’m not even feeling happy when they realised they still think/love for each other, or feeling sad when they break up again!

regarding the ending (don’t read if you don’t want to be spoiled)

Spoiler

Sure?

Spoiler

So turned out her hair turn white is because she thought the prince was dead and she did the deed! Uh... lol, at first I thought this is like the white hair maiden tale where she felt so betrayed and heart broken by multiple loves of her life that her hair turn white, but turn out just because she thinks her lover die? Meh lol. I was expecting a story where she loves the prince, couldn’t marry him, managed to finally let that go, try to make it with the General, but then being betrayed by him, then found out her first lover also betrayed her, and the prince also did something, so in the end, she just so heartbroken that her hair turn white. Uh, this is fizzling out for me lol. Definitely the only thing that kept me watching is the general’s storyline with her, as I would like to see how cruel it gets for him. Just like his dad, when life and your dearest don’t give you a chance, you are doomed no matter whether you are good or bad. Possibly should rename this series the white hair general lol!

3 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Reveal hidden contents

You mean he raped her? Well, unless there is another scene, I can tell you it didn’t happen lol. I can’t say what will happen in the next 23 eps (I’ve seen up to 32), he was closed to force himself on her, but he stopped.

So far I felt more for the general than the prince. Considering their background, the General always has the short end of the stick. And as fate has it, he’s always late at saving the FL. As the story goes on, I felt the story isn’t heartbreaking enough for the main couples, all I see is how heartbreaking the General is. I’m definitely watching it for the General atm lol, because frankly, the main couple development is pretty normal, nothing new or exciting -.- I’m not even feeling happy when they realised they still think/love for each other, or feeling sad when they break up again!

regarding the ending (don’t read if you don’t want to be spoiled)

Hide contents

Sure?

Hide contents

So turned out her hair turn white is because she thought the prince was dead and she did the deed! Uh... lol, at first I thought this is like the white hair maiden tale where she felt so betrayed and heart broken by multiple loves of her life that her hair turn white, but turn out just because she thinks her lover die? Meh lol. I was expecting a story where she loves the prince, couldn’t marry him, managed to finally let that go, try to make it with the General, but then being betrayed by him, then found out her first lover also betrayed her, and the prince also did something, so in the end, she just so heartbroken that her hair turn white. Uh, this is fizzling out for me lol. Definitely the only thing that kept me watching is the general’s storyline with her, as I would like to see how cruel it gets for him. Just like his dad, when life and your dearest don’t give you a chance, you are doomed no matter whether you are good or bad. Possibly should rename this series the white hair general lol!

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to the main couple. I enjoy all the subtleties in their relationship. 

I skipped to the ending of the book - spoilers ahead

Spoiler

Not sure if the author made any changes or if there are multiple versions. You never know with C-novels. But the version of the book I read, her hair had already started turning white when they in the middle of the deed, not after his “death”. She was just disgusted and angry at how she’d been treated by these men, so it wasn’t really because of his death.  I think the fact that she was forced to do this deed in front of other people also exacerbated her condition.

This whole thing was orchestrated by the General who thought the woman in the bed was Hen Xiang, the FL’s sister. That’s why I have no sympathy for the General. It’s just disgusting of him to have people watch the deed (and sickening of those spectators).  

Afterwards, when the FL told him she almost fell in love with him during the time of their marriage and he begged her to give him another chance, I was elated when the FL crushed his final hopes. I mean, seriously, regardless of who was actually in that bed, what makes him think he was ever going to win her forgiveness? Eh. I agree he’s quite interesting as a character as he definitely has more layers than the ML, but wow, what the heck.

1 hour ago, autumnwind said:

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to the main couple. I enjoy all the subtleties in their relationship. 

I skipped to the ending of the book - spoilers ahead

Hide contents

Not sure if the author made any changes or if there are multiple versions. You never know with C-novels. But the version of the book I read, her hair had already started turning white when they in the middle of the deed, not after his “death”. She was just disgusted and angry at how she’d been treated by these men, so it wasn’t really because of his death.  I think the fact that she was forced to do this deed in front of other people also exacerbated her condition.

This whole thing was orchestrated by the General who thought the woman in the bed was Hen Xiang, the FL’s sister. That’s why I have no sympathy for the General. It’s just disgusting of him to have people watch the deed (and sickening of those spectators).  

Afterwards, when the FL told him she almost fell in love with him during the time of their marriage and he begged her to give him another chance, I was elated when the FL crushed his final hopes. I mean, seriously, regardless of who was actually in that bed, what makes him think he was ever going to win her forgiveness? Eh. I agree he’s quite interesting as a character as he definitely has more layers than the ML, but wow, what the heck.

Spoiler

So not the bit where he rape her, but the bit where he sleep with another woman? Is the “deed” you are talking about? Because I’m a bit confused at what he could do that make her disgusted lol. If it’s rape, well, he didn’t rape her (or at least so far not yet). If it’s sleeping with another woman, well, she kept crushing him, and he has 2 girls pining after him, and it is not like she’s in love with him that much to turn white because of him, or of whatever he’s doing. In the drama, there are parts where it shows her heart was moved, but it’s then frozen coldly in his face (she only shows him her sternness).

There is a part in the drama where he asked her for 1 forgiveness and she slammed it into his face and gave him no chance at all. Basically, in the drama, she shows him no love, not even a hint of gentleness. She might try to clear up the misunderstanding (that she actually didn’t sleep with the prince due to the crown prince’s scheme) at one stage, but she didn’t try hard enough because she didn’t love him and so she didn’t bother to continue to try to clear up the misunderstanding. She attempted once then gave up when she thinks he’s too unreasonable.

the thing is she never tries to be his wife, she asked him to treat her like his wife, but she never tries to do the same. She thinks all he does is spy on her and doesn’t trust her, but she for being so smart isn’t trying to  consider his feeling in anyway. How can he trust her when he knows in her heart, there is only the prince, and all she wants is to get out of the marriage. If she has shown him some loves, some gentleness, then maybe he would have some confidence in himself and her, but she gave him zero chance literally lol.

I possibly would like the main couple subtlety if the main actor was better at acting, he literally has like 1 emotion :/ I just don’t feel the love as strongly as I would like between the two leads. I know you like Aarif but his micro expression that you said isn’t convincing :/ I think mainly because his eyes aren’t conveying the emotions for me :/ also his character is like every other male lead in an idol drama, lacking the layers, when he meant to have some :/ literally after his phobia with woman is over (for the FL), his character just dropped for me.

2 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Hide contents

So not the bit where he rape her, but the bit where he sleep with another woman? Is the “deed” you are talking about? Because I’m a bit confused at what he could do that make her disgusted lol. If it’s rape, well, he didn’t rape her (or at least so far not yet). If it’s sleeping with another woman, well, she kept crushing him, and he has 2 girls pining after him, and it is not like she’s in love with him that much to turn white because of him, or of whatever he’s doing. In the drama, there are parts where it shows her heart was moved, but it’s then frozen coldly in his face (she only shows him her sternness).

There is a part in the drama where he asked her for 1 forgiveness and she slammed it into his face and gave him no chance at all. Basically, in the drama, she shows him no love, not even a hint of gentleness. She might try to clear up the misunderstanding (that she actually didn’t sleep with the prince due to the crown prince’s scheme) at one stage, but she didn’t try hard enough because she didn’t love him and so she didn’t bother to continue to try to clear up the misunderstanding. She attempted once then gave up when she thinks he’s too unreasonable.

the thing is she never tries to be his wife, she asked him to treat her like his wife, but she never tries to do the same. She thinks all he does is spy on her and doesn’t trust her, but she for being so smart isn’t trying to  consider his feeling in anyway. How can he trust her when he knows in her heart, there is only the prince, and all she wants is to get out of the marriage. If she has shown him some loves, some gentleness, then maybe he would have some confidence in himself and her, but she gave him zero chance literally lol.

I possibly would like the main couple subtlety if the main actor was better at acting, he literally has like 1 emotion :/ I just don’t feel the love as strongly as I would like between the two leads. I know you like Aarif but his micro expression that you said isn’t convincing :/ I think mainly because his eyes aren’t conveying the emotions for me :/ also his character is like every other male lead in an idol drama, lacking the layers, when he meant to have some :/ literally after his phobia with woman is over (for the FL), his character just dropped for me.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. It's towards the end of the book,

Spoiler

where the General wanted to get back at the ML so he set up a stage in public, drugged who he thought was the fake FL, and made everyone watch as the ML did the deed with the fake!FL (who turned out to be the real FL). I don't know about you, but it's disgusting to watch a couple do the deed in public. The fact that the General made them do it in front of other people is what made me lose all sympathy for his character.I really hope they remove this part from the drama. 

It's totally ok that you don't feel the same about Aarif. Everyone has their own perspective of the cast, characters and story. :) 

I am going to shift the focus here a bit on Leo Luo Yunxi's character, Rong Qi...Although I like both leads but I wasn't planning to check this drama out because personally I am a bit tired of long drama lol But then I saw this MV and I have to check it out for Leo...Don't read if you don't want spoiler...

Spoiler

Rong Qi's character is soooooooooooooooooooooo sad and pitiful...From the spoiler I have read, he and ManYao is suppose to be lover (pure innocent type of first love...I can totally see it in the mv) but his vengeance-driven mother drove them apart and have to use ManYao's life to threaten Rong Qi to do her bidding. Poor Rong Qi, knowing he is going to die at 24, he let MY lost her memory and made her became his sister and send her into another man's arm. While he is suffering from his sickness, his mother evil plan and trying to keep her alive. Suffering silently as he watched the woman in love fell in love with someone else and knowing his actions will make her hate him. The hopelessness and despair is surrounding this character every time I see him, while it hurts my heart that he only wants to protect her but she didn't know... At the end, he used up every ounce of his strength and his blood to protect and save her... He really use up every part of himself...his heart, his blood, his energy, his mind, and even his corpse to love this woman... I look forward to seeing more of his scenes even though I am sure it is going to be heart-breaking...

Rong Qi's characterization:

自尚未出生之时,便已注定我的人生无法圆满。无论世事如何轮转,我的爱——永无出路。
  容齐,容棋!
  请容我一局棋,以爱为筹码、命做盘,下到肝肠寸断,亦不悔!

"Even before I was born, I was doomed to a life of incompleteness. No matter how the world turn, my love... have no way out.

Rong Qi, Rong Qi! (The second Qi is a different Chinese character meaning 'Chess')

Let me play a game of chess, with love as the bargaining chip, life as the board, playing as liver and intestines are cut to pieces (idiom meaning heart broken, sorrow-stricken, pain to the extreme), but I do not regret!!!

Archived