Cast:

Zhang Xin Cheng as Li ZhenYan

Lin Yun as Fang XiaoWo

Ning HuanYu as Tian YiSong

LiNi as Fei SherEr

Tina Bao as Li YaZhe

Chen JingYang as QinFen

Synopsis:

A talented musician, Li Zhen Yi, had the world at his feet. With invitations to study abroad, under some of the greatest musical masters of the modern world, pouring in, Zhen Yi should have had no reservations about stepping out into a wider world. But the ghosts of his past refuse to let him go. Suffering from severe childhood trauma, Zhen Yi is trapped in a world of demons from which there is no escape. At least not until he meets Fang Xiao Wo. 

An extraordinarily gifted pianist, Xiao Wo possesses more talent than even Zhen Yi, but her odd behavior and weird personality don’t exactly endear her to those around her. Despite her being such an oddity, Zhen Yi can’t help but be a little intrigued by Xiao Wo, especially not when they share an unwavering passion for music. 

The two eventually begin to spend more time together and Zhen Yi slowly starts to find the courage to continue pursuing his own dreams. With Xiao Wo by his side, the wounds from Zhen Yi’s past begin to heal, allowing him to dream like he’s never dreamed before. Finally free from the ghosts of his past, Zhen Yi and Xiao Wo step bravely into a bright new future, together.

(Source: Viki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Symphony’s Romance 蜗牛与黄鹂鸟 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Symphony’s Romance 蜗牛与黄鹂鸟

@angelangie awww the lyric of the  OST is so sweetttttt 

ahhh IQYI... so the international online airing platform is IQYI THEN?? 

You know this is giving me more and more excuse to subscribe to IQYI.. which I am still heavily debating haha.. 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Symphony’s Romance 蜗牛与黄鹂鸟
5 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@angelangie awww the lyric of the  OST is so sweetttttt 

ahhh IQYI... so the international online airing platform is IQYI THEN?? 

You know this is giving me more and more excuse to subscribe to IQYI.. which I am still heavily debating haha.. 

This drama is available with English subtitles at several streaming sites.
KUKAN Drama Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEXBGg5OB0B-72JJKx2qv4p9DyZ5eXqti
Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/36561c-symphonys-romance

19 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@angelangieahhh IQYI... so the international online airing platform is IQYI THEN?? 

Join it!! iQiyi has few dramas that's getting all the buzz lately, two 12 episode thriller/mystery (Kidnapper's Game & Bad Kids) and We Are All Alone (36 ep) which has pretty on point c-ent industry portrayal! They are all pretty well received by domestic audience, and there's more thriller/mystery coming that should be decent from preview rumours. I haven't watched any romance on it lately though oops. You can always cancel the subscription afterwards hahahaha. 

I still don't know if I'm watching this cos on the one hand I like Nodame + leniant towards adaptations + like Zhang Xincheng (he gave outstanding performances for all three dramas I watched of him, and I liked all of them) and he plays the piano, on the other hand Nodame the character is pretty difficult to portray, and I don't particularly trust Lin Yun.....

@skibbies LOL.. I knowww... all the dramas you mentioned are on my plan to watch list, especially Bad Kids and We are all alone. :D I'm reallyyy tempted you know, just for the thrillers... 

Anyway.. onto the new nodame adaptation.. I had just watch the first and second episode.. its pretty good.. had a good laugh..so I guess its a good start ....

(and high five!!!.. I'm also a big fan of manga and J drama Nodame..)

11 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i havent start on the series as yet....

LinYun is the girl that play mermaid with DengChao right?

I don't know.. :sweatingbullets: 

The only work of LinYun I had ever watch before nodame is the ISWAK movie.. hehe.. 

I watched essentially ALL the Nodame Cantible adaptations from the anime, to the live action Japanese ones so kinda curious how this will turn out.

The actor and actress casting are new to me but I like the vibe the actress playing as the FL gives off.

Can't wait for this show to air! ^^

52 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes....he is really good and while his chemistry isnt as good with LinYu i still able to accept their soft chemistry in between each other :D 

I love their easy companionship the most... and like how they talk while having breakfast or dinner and etc... it felt really heartwarming and simple.... not everything have to be turbulent and dramatic.. sometimes.. simple is also good... 

@angelangie 

On 7/4/2020 at 6:53 PM, angelangie said:

hahaha i really love the comic relief they gave us....it had been sometimes since they last release one :D

poor FangXiaoWo's wallet hahahaha

But Li zhe yan is the ones ends up paying right?? as usual... hahahahhahaa....

And yeahhh the animation are sooo cuteee....  :wub:

Anywayyy... I read your post last night but I figured I'll reply you today.. LOL.... actually I'm still at ep 10 since last week.. because I was catching up reading the novel of Tan song yun's new drama that I mentioned few days ago... :P But don't worry I am up to date with the current progression because fortunately the drama is aired daily... so every 7 PM GMT+7 I'll be on my phone to check up the latest cut scene on weibo hahhaa... , I just need to watch it with english subs soon....

Anyway.... totally agree... Lin yun and zhang xincheng makes a cute couple....

The relationship is a slow progression.. but its there.... Li zhe yan explains it clearly to Fang xiao wo's papa... it started with liking her music, and then slowly he gets to know her.... Xiao wo has a cheerful personality... she might act like a little silly and naughty.. but it doesn't mean that she doesn't know her boundaries... she knows when to stop and when she can tease Zhe yan.. haha.. she's a bright spot in his life.. and that's pretty sweet. 

I know I've shared this in the previous page.. but this scene is still a fav of mine to date.. and actually when they're having dinner and breakfast together are  also something I really like. 

Archived