[Movie 2020] Call, 콜

maris1

• 2 weeks later...
OBS TV

[Articles pioneering end edition king ★①]'Everything you touch is a big hit' Shin-hye Park

Enter 2021.01.21. 11:54 am

Actor Park Shin-hye was selected as the star of 'The King of the End of Works'.

The star's recognition and completeness of the work are also important until a single work hits the box office, but the star's pioneering plan for recognizing the hit work is more important than anything else.

So, I looked at the stars of the'King of the End of Works', which continued to go on a huge streak for whatever they chose in OBS''Unique Entertainment News'.

Park Shin-hye is the first actor to be named as the star of the end-fan of the work.

"She recently got hot reaction through her movie "#TheCall" which was released through streaming platform. The movie showed it's power and stayed in the top 10 rankings for nearly a month after its release"

naver.me/GjRJqgSd

#ALIVE – 2020 #1 Movie Review

A new disease is spreading fast in downtown Seoul, causing bleeding from the eyes and an aggressive demeanor leading to cannibalistic behaviors. Stay inside your home and try to stay alive.

alive-1.jpg?w=715

Movie description:

ALIVE is a South Korean horror movie that was directed by Cho Il-hyung. This film stars Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye and was released in South Korea on June 24, 2020. Afterward, on September 8, 2020, #ALIVE was made globally available through Netflix.

Synopsis:

The story revolves around Oh Joon-woo, a young video game streamer who is confined in his family’s apartment due to a virulent virus turning people into flesh-eating zombies. Soon after exhausting the food and water that was left in his home, he is forced to venture outside his apartment to gather some provisions to survive. Oh Joon-woo will soon discover that his undertaking is much more perilous than he thought.

Praises and critiques:

This South Korean motion picture turned out to be a really good zombie movie. The zombies were creepy and the visual effects when the characters turn into them were pretty damn good. Subsequently, the movie had a good pace and was entertaining from the beginning until the end.

Furthermore, the storyline of #ALIVE was interesting, and since it was released in 2020 amid the covid-19 pandemic it kind of had some of the elements of the real lockdown that we all experienced in a way or another lately. Stay at home and stay safe.

Recommendations:

I think that all zombie movie fans will be enthralled by this South Korean horror flick. The only downside of #ALIVE is that it does not have an English soundtrack, so unless you understand Korean you will have to do a little bit of reading.

Rating:

I am going to give this movie a solid 4.5 stars because it was fun to watch and it was somewhat refreshing and different from all the recent zombie movies.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

News 1

[N Focus] Korean films that went to Netflix, report cards

Input 2021.01.31. 7:00 am

Revision 2021.01.31. 7:01 am
원본 이미지

Each movie poster © News1

It has been a year since the theater entered a downturn due to a novel coronavirus infection (Corona 19). While theaters are in crisis around the world, the OTT service has expanded its revenue by increasing the number of subscribers. As the sense of crisis for the theater grew, the method of releasing the film alone through OTT appeared as an alternative.

In Korea, the movie'Hunting Time' received attention in March last year when it was decided to be released through Netflix. 'Hunting Time' was considered a symbolic work in that it was the first movie to choose to release OTT rather than a theater after Corona 19, although there were noises due to unresolved problems since it had sold overseas copyrights through an import distributor. In addition to'Hunting Time', there are 4 Korean movies that have chosen to release Netflix rather than theaters. They include the  Call starring Park Shin-hye and Jeon Jong-seo, the comedy movie'Cha In-pyo' starring actor Cha In-pyo, and'Seungri-ho', the first space science fiction film in Korea.

Three of these films have already been released, and'Seungri-ho' is about to launch in early February, and it is the'performance' of these films who chose Netflix. In the case of movies that are released in theaters, the number of audiences and sales, etc. who have watched the movie through the integrated computer network for movie theater tickets of the Korea Film Promotion Commission are disclosed at the same time as they are released.

Netflix has a policy of not disclosing numerical data on the number of views of works to the outside. Daily rankings are disclosed through the Netflix website every day, but they are not accumulated as data. A Netflix official said on News 1 on the 29th, "Publishing the daily rankings is not for content competition." "I said.

He added, "It's a good achievement for Korean content to meet fans around the world rather than being numerical," he added. "Because Netflix's goal is to show good content to many people around the world."

FlixPatrol is a site where you can check statistics on OTT content currently being serviced overseas, such as Netflix and Hulu and Disney Plus. Flix Patrol publishes daily, weekly, and monthly rankings by assigning points to contents by itself based on the rankings provided by each OTT site. In the case of Netflix works, points are given by giving 10 points to the work that ranked first in the daily rankings released by Netflix every day, and 9 points to the work that took second place.

Among the Netflix movies released so far, the movie that received the highest points in Flix Patrol is 'Call'.  'Call' received a total of 3058 points, which ranks 69th out of 100 movies that were loved by Netflix last year. 'Hunting Time' received 590 points and'Chain Pyo' received 152 points.

As they were released in 190 countries through Netflix, the three films were also listed on international rating sites. In Rotten Tomatoes, the most famous among Korean audiences,'Hunting Time' records 69% of the Rotten Tomatoes Index and 'Call' is recording 100%. In the case of'Chain Pyo', it has not yet been found in Rotten Tomatoes.

In the case of theater movies, box office performance, such as the number of audiences, is directly connected to sales, but for movies provided as one of the contents of the OTT service, the visible performance cannot be said to have a significant meaning. This is because even if there are many people who view a piece of content, it cannot be proved that the number of subscribers to a specific OTT service that becomes the platform of that content increases. It can also be seen that it is more important whether it suits the tastes of the subscribers rather than the evaluation. However, through indirect indicators, we can only check how many subscribers our movies released on Netflix have been selected.

eujenej@news1.kr

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
News

Movie director Big 4 [Star Watch], which became a topic for the acting'actor visual'

Input 2021.05.06. 11:10 am
원본 이미지
Director Yoon Seong-hyun, Lee Byung-hun, Lee Choong-hyun, and Hong Seok-jae (from left/Photo = News&DB)

[News Reporter Lee Soo-min]

More actors than actors. Film directors with excellent visuals who sing acting are attracting attention.

From director Lee Choong-hyun of'Call', who dominated the real-time search word since the appearance of the production report last year, to director Lee Byung-hun, who led 10 million viewers with'extreme job'. We looked at promising'visual armor' filmmakers who have both skills and looks.

◇ Director Lee Choong-hyun, born in 90 of'Directing Idol'
Original image
Director Choong-Hyun Lee (Photo = News & DB)

Born in 1990, I was amazed and once again surprised by my appearance. Director Lee Choong-hyun, who made his debut with the independent film'Tell Me' in 2007, received attention with the 2015'Best Price' at the 11th Paris Korean Film Festival, FlyAsian Best Short Award. Last year, he made his first feature debut with the thriller genre'Call' starring Park Shin-hye and Jeon Jong-seo.

At that time, at the 'Call' production briefing session, he was also hot online, boasting outstanding beauty among the two actresses. With a visual reminiscent of an idol, and even a sharp physical, he took the modifier of'directing idol'. Afterwards, he showed off the time-slip fantasy'Heart Attack' starring actor Lee Seong-gyeong, and raised expectations as a prospective director in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

cover

Woman on Top Seongryeong Kim

EDITOR_FASHION Reporter Choi Eun Cho-rong EDITOR_FEATURE Reporter Jeong Hye-yeon

Input 2021.05.25 10:30:02

Actor Kim Seong-ryeong occupies an unrivaled position in the world of actresses whose beauty is the best weapon. About her energy, renewing her beauty heyday every moment.
Chiffon Blouse Leha.  Both ear cuffs and left hand ring are Louise.  Right hand ring 1064 studio.

Knit One Piece Regina Table.  Earring 1064 Studio.  Belt low classic.

Knit One Piece Ink.  Jacket The Open Product. Knitted Pants Off-White.  Earring Louise.

This work is aired on the OTT platform, not on TV. Do you feel the changes in the industry in the last year?

Last year, actors Park Shin-hye and Jeon Jong-seo and the movie'Call' could not be released at the theater and eventually opened on Netflix. It was nice that people around me said, “I enjoyed watching the work,” but it was really regrettable that the theater could not be released. During the premiere, I wanted to meet the actors and directors who appeared on the show, to say hello on the stage, and to communicate with the audience, but I was very disappointed. The audience score is also unknown, so that's a different look. However, it is an advantage that people who want to see can continue to see after time has passed. Recently there was someone who said, "I watched that movie a few days ago," so it was new.

cr. https://woman.donga.com/3/all/12/2671780/1

• 1 month later...

.Announced nominees for the 26th Chunsa International Film Festival

Article approval 2021.07.05 09:14:58

Imagen

The nominees for the 26th Chunsa International Film Festival Awards have been announced. In addition, the 26th Chunsa International Film Festival, which will be held under the theme of “New Birth of Cinema,” will emerge as an international film festival this year.

Imagen

#TheCall starring Park Shin Hye & Jeon Jong Seo is nominated for Best Film at the 26th Chunsa International Film Festival.

#JunJongSeo nominated best actress
#LeeChungHyeon nominated best new director 

m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=264966

• 3 weeks later...

The Call (2020)

Posted on July 23, 2021 by HorrorGhouls

Seo-yeon is a 28 year old woman who has traveled to visit her sick mother in the rural area where she grew up. Finding that she has lost her cellphone, she goes to her rundown childhood home where she finds an old cordless phone. Soon, she starts receiving calls from this phone, where a woman claims she is being tortured by her own mother. Thinking of it as someone who have just dialed the wrong number, Seo-yeon decides to investigate the matter when more calls from this mysterious woman comes through the old phone. She finds out that the woman making the calls, Young-sook, lived in the same house in 1999…which is also the year Young-sook claims to live in when making the calls. Seo-yeon lives in 2019, which means there’s a 20 year timegap between her and the caller. The two women make contact through the phone calls, and starts exchanging information about the time they live in and their own lives. Seo-yeon explains that when she was a child, her father died in a fire. Young-sook is then able to prevent Seo-yeon’s father from dying in that accident, and Seo-yeon’s life immediately changes: both of her parents are now suddenly there and healthy, and their house is no longer in the rundown state it used to be in. Happy about the turn of events, Seo-yeon starts searching for Young-sook in order to find out what kind of life she is living these days, in the present…only to find an old newspaper article about how Young-sook was killed by her mother during an exorcism. Seo-yeon tries to warn Young-sook about what is going to happen, and by doing so, unleashes an unexpected chain of events.

The Call is a South-Korean Netflix horror-thriller, directed by Chung-Hyun Lee, which is an exciting ride from start to finish. I hadn’t read much about it before watching it, so I didn’t know anything about how the movie’s plot would unfold (and that’s the best way to experience movies like this, in my opinion). At first it gives the appearance of being a rather sweet story about two girls meeting each other despite the difference of time being between them, but it all transpires into something much darker. The two main characters, Seo-yeon and Young-yook, are delivering strong performances, and I really liked the turn of events unfolding throughout the story.With a runtime of almost 2 hours, there wasn’t really a moment without suspense or some kind of excitement, but it isn’t until the first two thirds of the movie that the plot starts to delve into its more sinister part.

There is a mid-credits “twist” that apparently felt a bit off-putting to some people, but overall it just points out the numerous twists and turns that could be caused by so-called time traveling (a concept that could easily be considered a bit paradoxical by itself). I didn’t think this ending ruined anything per se, but it definitely gave assumptions of the possibility of a sequel.

All in all, The Call is an exciting and gripping Korean thriller, which was released on Netflix globally on November 27, 2020.

WARNING: watch the trailer at your own risk, it pretty much spoils the entire movie. Which seems to be a common mistake in many trailers these days…

Review: https://horrorghouls.com/reviews/the-call-2020/

• 2 weeks later...
EntertainmentMovies

[Review] The Call

August 10, 2021Posted byIlse Van Den Heede

We’re back with a new film review, this time about the 2020 thriller ‘The Call’. If you like interesting plays on time travel, stick around!

‘The Call’ is a film directed by Lee Chung-hyun. This is his first time directing a film and I have to say, I’m pretty impressed. The story is based on the 2011 British/Puerto Rican production ‘The Caller’. 

Plot

The story revolves around two women. The first woman, Kim Seo-yeon lives in 2019 and has just returned to her childhood home. She loses her phone on the train and finds an old cordless phone and starts using it. Surprisingly it immediately starts ringing. 

Kim Seo-yeon is played by Park Shin-Hye who you’ll know from series like ‘Pinocchio’ and ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ and movies like ‘#Alive’ and ‘The Beauty Inside’.

When Kim Seo-yeon picks up the ringing phone, Oh Young-Sook who lives in the same house but in 1999 starts speaking. They start a tentative friendship, Seo-yeon shares information from 2019 like the new songs the boy group Seo Taiji and Boys that Young-Sook is a big fan of. 

Oh Young-Sook is played by Jun Jong-Seo who’s an up-and-coming new actress. For this movie she won Best Actress at the 57th BaekSang Awards. 

Kim Seo-yeon and Oh Young-Sook start manipulating time. Young-Sook, at the behest of Seo-yeon, saves the father of a house fire. As soon as Young-Sook turns off the stove, the father comes back to life in 2019 and changes Seo-yeon’s situation drastically. 

On the other side, Seo-yeon helps Young-Sook escape her death at the hands of her stepmother. However, things start to get tense as Young-Sook starts behaving more erratically.

Overall

‘The Call’ is a very good, thrilling film that will keep you at the edge of your seat. The concept of ‘phone time travel’ isn’t necessarily new. I’m thinking of series like ‘Signal’ and ‘Kairos’, however this is so well done!

It’s a really cool watch and will definitely keep you entertained. The performances are outstanding and the switch from strangers to friends to enemies is super cool to watch. 

If you get a phone call from 1999, don’t pick up. 

You can watch the trailer here. The film is available to watch on Netflix.

cr: https://thekmeal.com/review-the-call/

Hello, everyone! I'm a newbie. This movie was intense! I was a bit freaked out when I saw O Jung-se from It's Okay to Not Be Okay was in it because I really didn't want to see anything bad happen to him.

Asia, a Horror Film Paradise during Coronavirus — Korea “A Film Trip Around Asia in the Internet Age” Vol. 6:

• A Film Trip Around Asia in the Internet Age
  • Published2021-03-06
  • AuthorNaoya Sakagawa
  • This series of columns introduces the rich culture of Asian films from countries such as South Korea, Thailand, and the Philippines. It also aims to investigate the similarities and differences between Japanese films and other Asian films.

CLOSET%E3%81%AE%E3%82%B3%E3%83%92%E3%82%9A%E3%83%BC.jpg

“Asia, a Horror Film Paradise” (Kaiki Eiga Tengoku Asia) refers to Inuhiko Yomota’s book on Southeast Asian horror films. The power dynamics of horror films in Asia, including East Asia, are changing. In this installment, I’d like to take a glance at Korean horror films from 2020.

An abundance of Korean horror films in 2020

Every year, I look forward to Asian film lists that come out around New Year’s. The ones on Asian Movie Pulse are especially out there, unique, and intriguing. 2020 was the year of Korean cinema, as one can gather from The 25 Best Asian Films of 2020. Aside from Tsai Ming-liang’s Days, which I touched on in the fourth installment of this series, four of the top five films on the list are Korean. Another list of theirs, The 15 Best Horror Movies of 2020, mentioned multiple Korean films. I’d like to focus on this list first.

The 15 Best Horror Movies of 2020 had films from the following countries:

The Call (2020) — sixth place

https://tokion.jp/en/2021/03/06/a-film-trip-around-asia-vol6/?utm_content=buffera4dbb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Park Shin-hye X Jeon Jong-seo 'Call' → Jesus Su-jeong '69', selected as 'Bechdel Choice 10' of the year

Article approval 2021.08.17 08:12:43

'Bechdel Day 2021' announced 10 'Bechdel Choice 10' works that passed the 'Bechdel Test'.

This year's 'Bechdel Choice 10' will be judged by director Dong-ryeong Kim, Ah-ga Shin, and Won-hee Cho, actor Bong Tae-gyu, PGK CEO Jeong-hwa Choi, female scholar Kwon Kim Hyun-young, critic Ham Yeon-sun, and producer Lee Dong-ha and writer Lee Bo-ram, who was selected for last year's 'Bechdelian'. A total of 9 judges participated.

The 'Bechdel Test' is an index to measure gender equality in movies devised in 1985 by American cartoonist Allison Bechdel. 

First, there must be at least two female characters with names in the film. Second, the two female characters in No. 1 should talk to each other. Third, the content of their conversation should not be only about male characters. Fourth, at least one of the director, producer, screenwriter, and cinematographer must be a female filmmaker. Fifth, it must be a film with a single female protagonist, or the roles of male and female protagonists must be equal. Sixth, female characters should not be reproduced as stereotypes. Seventh, it will not contain hatred and discriminatory views on minorities

Based on the above criteria, the nine judges selected the works: ▲'69 Years Old' (Director Im Seon-ae) ▲'I Don't Fire Me' (Director Lee Tae-gyeom) ▲ 'Summer Night of Siblings' (Director Yoon Dan-bi) ▲ 'The Day I Die' '(Director Ji-Wan Park) ▲ 'Diva' (Director Seul-Ye Cho) ▲ 'Light and Iron' (Director Jong-Dae Bae) ▲ 'Samjin Group English TOEIC Class' (Director Jong-pil Lee) ▲ 'Sixth Story of High School Ghost Story: Alma mater' (Director Mi-Young Lee) ▲ 'Call' (Director Lee Choong-hyun) ▲ 'People who live alone' (Director Hong Seong-eun).

Imagen

The judges said, “The fact that there are very few films that can pass all seven of the new standards proposed by Bechdelday can make it possible to feel that the Korean film industry is still not meeting the minimum standards for gender equality required by the times.

“Nevertheless, it was very encouraging that characters and stories who do not want to stay with gender stereotypes are being continuously tried in independent films as well as commercial films.” “The judges representing each field in the film industry debated fiercely, including the content, form, and industrial aspect of the film, on where to place the gender-equal value of the film in order to select the final 10 films,” he said.

'Bechdel Day 2021', which selected 10 'Bechdel's Choice 10', which took the lead for gender equality in the Korean film industry, is preparing a variety of programs ahead of its opening on September 4th (Sat).

Reporter Kang Bo-ra mist.diego@slist.kr

cr: m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=277798