larus

tvN Drama

When Devil Calls Your Name

f132077124679838000(0).jpg

Hangul:악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때

Genre: occult-human-melodrama

Network: tvN

Episodes:16

Director: Min Jin Ki ( Circle: Two Worlds Connected )

Writer: No Hye-Yeong ( Come Back Mister ) Ko Nae Ri (고내리)

Release Date: July 31, 2019- September 19, 2019

Runtime: Wednesday & Thursday 9:30 PM time slot after "Search WWW“).

Production Company:C&M

OST:  special edition Liver and Gallbladder (간과 쓸개) - The Street You Left

part 1 Jung Won Young (정원영) - Trap Of Love

part 2 Jung Kyung Ho - When I am In Busan

part 3 Sondia - Talk To Oneself

part 4 Jung Kyung-Ho - Where is My Dream

part 5 Sondia(손디아) - 나의노래(My Song)

part 6 Sondia (손디아) - You Are Not My Sadness

part 7 Sondia - The Day We First Met

part 8 Jung Kyung Ho (정경호) & Sondia(손디아) - THE STREET THAT YOU'RE NOT LEAVING

Official site: HERE

Plot

'When the devil calls your name' is Occult Human Melodrama. The star composer who sold his soul to the devil and who enjoyed 10 years of youth and success, deals with the devil to extend his contract immediately before returning the soul.

For the past five years, he’s held top status and has amassed the most royalties in the industry with skills that are almost otherworldly. However, five days before his soul is to be collected, he desperately begins to bargain with the devil using his own life as collateral. The devil’s conditions are this: He must find three other people who have promised to sell their souls and take their contracts. (Dramabeans)

Cast

Jung Kyung-ho as Ha Lip

Lee Seol as Kim Yi Kyung

Park Sung-Woong as Mo Tae Kang

Lee El- Ji Seo Young

Son Ji Hyun as Dong-Hee

Song Kang as Ha Lip`s secretary

Oh Eui-Sik as Kang Ha

Yoon Kyung Ho as Mo Tae-Kang's secretary

Song Kang as Ruka

Choi Yoo Song as Ye Sun-A

Yoo Young as Julain

Oh Jae-Kun as Oh Kyung Sa

Jeong Gi-Seop as

Im Ji-Kyu as Kyung Soo

Kang Hoon as

Characters chart

f132077331882936887(0).jpg

Posters

Spoiler

jung-kyung-ho-when-the-devil-calls-your-

park-sung-woong-when-the-devil-calls-you

lee-seol-when-the-devil-calls-your-name-

lee-el-when-the-devil-calls-your-name-54

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor Jung Kyung-ho chose the next film. 'When the devil calls your name'.

htm_2018100335959273151.jpg&key=f6800df6

A drama official said on the 3rd October, "When Jung Kyung-ho calls TVN drama 'Devil's name', which will be broadcasted in the first half of next year, it was decided to be the protagonist."

Jung Kyung-ho plays the man who sold the soul and plays the composer. He is a music composer who surpasses human ability in the top of music royalty for five years. But he has the secret that he sold his soul to the devil 10 years ago. He is the person who begins dealings with the devil and life for security for five days before the end of the contract.

Jung Kyung-ho, who successfully led OCN 'Life on Mars' last summer, decided on his next film after reviewing the surging script.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23015570&cloc=

17 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Hi everyone! I'm pumped for JKH's new drama~ hopefully we hear more casting news and also a bit more about the plot.

I want to know more about the drama as well. It will be a melodrama so I am sure we`ll have to suffer a little with the protagonist to get his soul back (if he will succed).

I am glad that it is not an exorcism drama. From what I read in the synopsis, he made the deal with the devil ten years ago. That`s a lot of time. He will want another contract but I wonder what happen that he will want now to free his soul.

I wish the devil will be played by a woman. I want an interesting role for the leading actress. It is possible that the bargain with the devil to take the second spot. We`ll see.

10 minutes ago, dotonly said:

Is JKH declined the Touch Your Heart drama?

Yes. On September 19, we found out that Lee Dong Wook received the offer for the lead role so it was obvious that Jung Kyung ho has declined the drama. It was a romantic comedy for tvN and I was sure he had another offer  (because he declined the role). I wanted to see him in a romantic drama but I am glad he chose this new tvN drama 'When the devil calls your name' instead.

Goblin fans are happy and Jung Kyung ho are happy too. :D

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] When The Devil Calls Your Name 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때

I want to have more  casting news soon because this way we will know more about the drama.

I have been thinking about the plot. The protagonist made a deal with the devil 10 years ago, so, because of that deal, he was a succesful composer. He had wealth and fame because of that deal.  Now, the end of the contract is coming and that means  he has to give the devil his soul? He will die so that`s why he will fight to extend the contract?

I imagine that he made the deal out of desperation, greed and part naivite. Years pass quickly. Maybe he jut found love and it will be hard for him to renounced at all of that.  I am so curious how he will get out of that deal. If he has to find other three people who are willing to sell their souls to the devil I bet one of those people will be someone close to him (maybe a future love interest). It won`t be easy.

Jung Kyung-ho cast in tvN’s When the Devil Calls Your Name

by tineybeanie

jkhoo.jpeg

Actor Jung Kyung-ho (Life On Mars) has selected his next project, tvN’s When the Devil Calls Your Name. This drama is about a man who sold his soul to the devil ten years ago for youth and success. But as soul collection day draws near, he bargains with the devil for an extension of their contract.

Jung Kyung-ho will play the star composer who has sold his soul to the devil. For the past five years, he’s held top status and has amassed the most royalties in the industry with skills that are almost otherworldly. However, five days before his soul is to be collected, he desperately begins to bargain with the devil using his own life as collateral. The devil’s conditions are this: He must find three other people who have promised to sell their souls and take their contracts.

I like Jung Kyung-ho’s acting style, and I can totally imagine him being absolutely pompous one moment as the star composer and being a complete nervous wreck the next moment when he thinks about his deal with the devil. Also, his recent choices in projects have been absolutely stellar (Life on Mars, Smart Prison Living), so I’m definitely going to tune in on this one.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/jung-kyung-ho-cast-in-tvns-when-the-devil-calls-your-name/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때 - Jung Kyung Ho

Jung Kyung Ho Confirmed To Play Lead Role In Upcoming tvN Drama

by L. Kim

22b9c843cb1e431da0f33d998616cafd.jpeg?s=

Actor Jung Kyung Ho has found his next project!

According to a news media outlet, Jung Kyung Ho will take the lead role of a tvN drama titled “When the Devil Calls Your Name” (working title). It is an occult human melodrama about a star composer, who has enjoyed youth and success for 10 years by selling his soul to the devil, dealing with the devil for a contract extension just before returning his soul. If he takes three copies of other people’s soul-trading contracts, his soul will be free. So he starts a life-long play to catch the soul that will save him.

Jung Kyung Ho will play Ha Lip, a star composer who sold his soul. He is the first composer to surpass the human capacity of music and gain an unrivaled reputation with copyright profits for five years. However, the truth is that he sold his soul to the devil 10 years ago. With five days before the end of the contract, he starts dealing with the devil using his life as collateral.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1240883wpp/jung-kyung-ho-confirmed-play-lead-role-upcoming-tvn-drama

Just now, larus said:

Jung Kyung Ho Confirmed To Play Lead Role In Upcoming tvN Drama

by L. Kim

Actor Jung Kyung Ho has found his next project!

According to a news media outlet, Jung Kyung Ho will take the lead role of a tvN drama titled “When the Devil Calls Your Name” (working title). It is an occult human melodrama about a star composer, who has enjoyed youth and success for 10 years by selling his soul to the devil, dealing with the devil for a contract extension just before returning his soul. If he takes three copies of other people’s soul-trading contracts, his soul will be free. So he starts a life-long play to catch the soul that will save him.

Jung Kyung Ho will play Ha Lip, a star composer who sold his soul. He is the first composer to surpass the human capacity of music and gain an unrivaled reputation with copyright profits for five years. However, the truth is that he sold his soul to the devil 10 years ago. With five days before the end of the contract, he starts dealing with the devil using his life as collateral.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1240883wpp/jung-kyung-ho-confirmed-play-lead-role-upcoming-tvn-drama

Yay! More news on JKH's casting confirmation~

Little by little we find new information about this drama.

Actor Jung Kyung-ho will colaborate with PD Min jungki for the next project.

19435552.jpg
According to an official of the broadcasting company on the 5th, Jung Kyung-ho chose TVN drama "When the devil calls your name" to be broadcasted in the first half of next year as his next work.

Jung Kyung-ho, who has been making his debut for the 16th year this year, is enjoying his prime as an actor with successes of successive works ranging from the drama ' Prison Playbook ' to 'Life On Mars'. It is anticipated that he will show another transformation of acting in his next work. 

PD Min junki has succeeded in realizing the SF genre which was difficult to encounter in the Korean drama by showing his ability through 'Circle'. Although the setting of selling the soul to the devil may be somewhat difficult to express in the drama, the writer Na-hee Young`s new drama  is gathering more expectation than concern.

An official of the production team said, "The drama that portrays the occult human melody is intended to capture the universal feelings about human life, dream, and love even in the fantasy setting. It will be presented to viewers as a comprehensive entertaining gift set that contains various fun and meaning. "  (Google translate)

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article?nsID=1302702

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/686368

More news about the drama:

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/10/07/jung-kyung-ho-accepts-faustian-bargain-in-tvn-drama-when-the-devil-calls-your-name/

Interesting new tidbit..his deal with the devil actually impacted someone else negatively, in this case a young girl. I cant wait to read more about the story. I'm very intrigued with what i have read so far.

20 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Interesting new tidbit..his deal with the devil actually impacted someone else negatively, in this case a young girl. I cant wait to read more about the story. I'm very intrigued with what i have read so far.

Yeah, we find new information. I`ve already thought that he will have a moral dilemma to solve. I am sure that he will choose to sacrifice himself in the end if he will not find another way to undeal the contract with the devil.

If he will try to restore the life of that young woman, I am sure he will fall in love with her as well. It would have been better if they won`t be romantically connected but every drama puts an obstacle in the lead romance. I wanted to see Jung Kyung Ho in a romance drama anyway so ... bring it on. :D

Rookie actress Lee Seol was cast opposite Jung Kyung Ho in drama "When the Devil Calls Your Name".

20181107113612197.jpg

Actress Lee Seol (25) continues her remarkable career as a rookie. A drama official said on the 7th November, "The actress was cast in the TVN new drama 'When the devil calls your name'."

She plays KimYi Kyung, an unknown singer. After an unfortunate family affair, she became a juvenile offender at the age of 18, and he lives a life of unluckiness, but she is a warm and righteous person. She wants to be a singer, but when she is frustrated with the reality, she is in danger of falling in love with a star composer.  The character who needed not only the acting ability but also the singing ability was found. (Google translation)

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11723941

I am impressed. I think she is really good if they gave her not only a lead role in MBC Bad Detective but in the same year they gave her a role in tvN drama in the same year.  Both roles seam interesting and I have a feeling  the two dramas will be good productions.  Lucky girl. I will watch her in both dramas.

17 hours ago, larus said:

Rookie actress Lee Seol was cast opposite Jung Kyung Ho in drama "When the Devil Calls Your Name".

Actress Lee Seol (25) continues her remarkable career as a rookie. A drama official said on the 7th November, "The actress was cast in the TVN new drama 'When the devil calls your name'."

She plays KimYi Kyung, an unknown singer. After an unfortunate family affair, she became a juvenile offender at the age of 18, and he lives a life of unluckiness, but she is a warm and righteous person. She wants to be a singer, but when she is frustrated with the reality, she is in danger of falling in love with a star composer.  The character who needed not only the acting ability but also the singing ability was found. (Google translation)

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11723941

I am impressed. I think she is really good if they gave her not only a lead role in MBC Bad Detective but in the same year they gave her a role in tvN drama in the same year.  Both roles seam interesting and I have a feeling  the two dramas will be good productions.  Lucky girl. I will watch her in both dramas.

Thanks for the update! I'm not familiar with the actress. But i hope everything turns out well for the drama :D

28 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm not familiar with the actress. But i hope everything turns out well for the drama :D

I did not watch the actress either but I will see her in November in Bad Detective. She will play a psychopath young girl who will become "infatuated" with the protagonist, the detective played by Shin Ha Kyun, and they will form an unusual alliance. I think it will be the same in the remake.

Soon after this role she will start another drama with Jung Kyung Ho. In the drama she will be the love interest of the protagonist. I guess, she is the girl who had an unlucky past because of the composer who made a deal with the devil. I am curious who will play the devil. It is a suporting role but I hope it will be a good role. They will make the devil a man or a woman?

Archived