[Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때

larus

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/7/2019 at 5:34 AM, larus said:

Coffee truck

Hide contents

Hi all. I'm looking forward for this drama. 

Watching them acting together after Life from Mars. Definitely a drama to look forward to. Hopefully it will be their second bromance. 

Just a repost  because whynot.  I'm looking forward to this drama.  I like the men.

The maknae. The hyung. The oppa.

Dzc9vuwUUAEVSZF.jpg

The pretty one..and my best new actress Lee Seol. She's got a young face but she's about 25.

D5femG_WsAA6_8m.jpg

cr: news pic

4 hours ago, triplem said:

apparently premier date is 31 July . Is that confirmed? 

From the articles and Naver page, it looks like we have a date. July 31.

June 20 2019

First still images from tvN drama series “When the Devil Calls Your Name”

When-the-Devil-Calls-Your-Name.jpg

First still images from tvN drama series “When the Devil Calls Your Name” starring Jung Kyoung-Ho, Park Sung-Woong, Lee Seol and Lee El. The still image at the top is of Jung Kyoung-Ho as popular songwriter Ha Rib. He sells his soul to the devil. The second still image is of Park Sung-Woong as top actor Mo Tae-Kang who just so happens to be a devil.

“When the Devil Calls Your Name” is now scheduled to first air July 31, 2019 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Wednesday & Thursday 9:30 PM time slot after “Search: WWW“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/japanese-dramas/first-still-images-from-tvn-drama-series-when-the-devil-calls-your-name

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때 - Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, Lee Seol and Lee El - Premieres on July 31st
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때 - Wed & Thu @ 21: 30 KST - Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, Lee Seol and Lee El - Premieres on July 31st

Same here @Jillia  . I was half expecting this to be aired later in the year . This drama & Designated Survivor are the 2 shows I’m excited for in July 

First look at Jung Kyung-ho, Park Sung-woong in tvN fantasy comedy

by tipsymocha

whenthedevilcallsyourname-still6201.jpg

Finally! I feel like it’s been forever since we’ve had any news of tvN’s When the Devil Calls Your Name, so it’s nice to know that the drama reunion of the best buddy cop duo in recent drama history, a.k.a. Life on MarsJung Kyung-ho and Park Sung-woong, has been busy behind the scenes. And can I just say how excited I am that the reports are now labeling the show as a fantasy comedy? Both actors have great comic timing, and I can’t wait for them to play off each other on screen.

The first stills are out for the pair, who won’t be playing colleagues this time around, but are in a contractual relationship. And not really the kind you usually find in dramas: Jung Kyung-ho plays a star composer whose success directly stems from a deal with the devil, played by Park Sung-woong. Their contract is about to expire, though, and in a bid to keep his soul, which was the price he paid for his enormous success, Jung Kyung-ho initiates a dangerous, life-risking game.

Though I’m a little sad to hear that Jung Kyung-ho and Park Sung-woong’s characters won’t be on the same side (that we know of), I’m sure that the two will somehow create bromance where there shouldn’t be any. And since the show is billed as a comedy, though there are literally life-and-death stakes at play, I’m looking forward to all the fun the two will surely have as a troublesome human client who is essentially trying to dine and dash, and the demon just trying to collect the soul he’s been promised. Let the bickering, cat-and-mouse game commence!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/first-look-at-jung-kyung-ho-park-sung-woong-in-tvn-fantasy-comedy/

@triplem I'm going to check out Designated Survivor as well. I don't even watch the original but I'm interested in the Korean remake.

Really looking forward to this drama though. :wub: Jung Kyung Ho is back!

ung Kyung Ho And Park Sung Woong Reunite In 1st Look At Upcoming Drama

by S. Cho
ab26b1c46f6a40108bacbc06ad6239bf.jpeg?s=

On June 20, tvN’s newest Wednesday-Thursday drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name” released the first still cuts of its main characters, played by Jung Kyung Ho and Park Sung Woong. After previously appearing together in drama “Life on Mars,” the pair have come back with a new image and new bromance.

“When the Devil Calls Your Name” is a comedic fantasy drama about star songwriter Ha Rip (Jung Kyung Ho) who sells his soul to the devil Ryu. As the end of his contract nears, Ha Rip plays the game of a lifetime with the devil as he attempts to keep his soul. After discovering that his wealth and success were obtained by stealing the talent and life of a young girl, Ha Rip sets out to restore his own life, as well as the lives of those around him. With inspiration from the legendary German classic “Faust,” this drama aims to mix fantasy with real-life issues in a never-before-seen manner.

The biggest cause of expectation for this drama is the return of duo Jung Kyung Ho and Park Sung Woong. The two have been picked as the dr

https://www.soompi.com/article/1333816wpp/jung-kyung-ho-and-park-sung-woong-reunite-in-1st-look-at-upcoming-drama

JKH's new hairdo will take a bit of getting used to. :P I don't know how he manages to look younger as he gets older. (Maybe he should be doing Dorian Gray rather than Dr Faustus) Of course there's no way I'm missing this one. The Faust myth K style with one of my favourite K actors. Pffffttt! Plus JKH's last couple of drama choices have been pure genius.

Woot! Looks like PSW is Mephistopheles. Perfect choice. 

I like the actress too. She was really good in Less than Evil. Pity about that show though. Should've been on OCN.

First teaser

Watch: Jung Kyung Ho Sells His Soul To The Devil In Teaser For Upcoming Drama

by C. Hong
9eae2ec3e7934151887bbbe50ca59a4c.jpeg?s=

On June 27, tvN released a teaser for Jung Kyung Ho and Park Sung Woong’s upcoming fantasy drama.

Titled “When the Devil Calls Your Name,” the drama tells the story about star songwriter Ha Rip (Jung Kyung Ho) who sells his soul to the devil Ryu. As the end of his contract nears, Ha Rip plays a game with the devil, who is inhabiting the body of top actor Mo Tae Gang (Park Sung Woong). After discovering that his wealth and success were obtained by stealing the talent and life of a young girl, Ha Rip sets out to restore his own life and the lives of those around him.

The new teaser shows closeups of sheet music, a metronome, and guitar strings against the backdrop of dramatic classical music. As the hand on the guitar clenches in frustration, a contract comes into view with an ominous red seal and the words, “Contract for an exchange of the soul.” A pen signs the contract in red ink while Jung Kyung Ho says in voice-over, “In July, I made a deal with the devil.”

We then see a glimpse of a twisted red hand beckoning while flames soon consume both Jung Kyung Ho and the music awards he has hanging up on the walls.

Jung Kyung-ho’s world goes up in flames in tvN fantasy comedy

by tipsymocha

whenthedevil-teaser6299.jpg

I’m counting down the days until tvN’s When the Devil Calls Your Name, which is thankfully only about a month away from its premiere. Which is why I’m savoring every bit of promo material that is being released in anticipation of the show. The tvN fantasy comedy has recently released a trailer, featuring lead Jung Kyung-ho (Life on Mars), giving us a glimpse of the star composer and the deal with the devil that he signed for his success. Unfortunately, no Park Sung-woong (Hundred Million Stars From the Sky) just yet, so we’ll just have to wait for his teaser to release.

The trailer has a pretty dark and moody feel to it, despite the show being billed as a comedy, and it starts off with flashes of a cloud-filled night sky, a metronome, and sheet music. Someone strums a guitar, while a seal is broken to reveal a contract for the sale of someone’s soul. The camera whizzes by the contract’s contents, but I can make out that the contract party who is selling his soul will get one or more wishes for the duration of the contract, at the end of which the other party will collect his otherworldly payment.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/jung-kyung-hos-world-goes-up-in-flames-in-tvn-fantasy-comedy/

Archived