[Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때

larus

Cast news

Newbie actor Song Gang discusses the appearance of a TVN new drama 'When the devil calls your name' .

56196_28087_3428.jpg

On the February 9th (today) afternoon, a member of the agency Namooactor said in a report that "Song Kang is being proposed to appear in drama "When the devil calls your name" and is in the process of a positive review."

Song Kang debuted in tvN drama The Liar and His Lover and he appeared in MBC drama Man Who Sets the Table and movie Beautiful Vampire. 

http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=56196

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, And More Confirmed For tvN Fantasy Drama

by R. Jun
3d5d5f6da8174a5895ddea7d0b0b39a5.jpeg?s=

“Life on Mars” actors Jung Kyung Ho and Park Sung Woong are reuniting in a new drama!

February 14, Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, Lee Seol, and Lee El were confirmed for tvN’s new fantasy drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name” (literal title).

The drama follows a star songwriter named Ha Rip (Jung Kyung Ho), who sold his soul to the devil in exchange for money and success. As his contract with the devil nears its end, Ha Rip plays the game of his lifetime, with his life as collateral, to keep his soul. When he finds out that his wealth and success were given to him by stealing the talent and life of a young girl, Ha Rip sets out to restore his own life, as well as the lives of those around him.

Park Sung Woong plays the top actor Mo Tae Gang, who is possessed by the devil Ryu, to whom Ha Rip sold his soul.

Up-and-coming actress Lee Seol, who most recently appeared in “Less Than Evil” as a genius psychopath, takes on the role of the no-name singer-songwriter Lee Kyung, who only knows bad luck. When she becomes known to the world with the help of Ha Rip, her entire life changes, for better or for worse.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1303568wpp/jung-kyung-ho-park-sung-woong-and-more-confirmed-for-tvn-fantasy-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때 - Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, Lee Seol and Lee El

Jung Kyung-ho, Park Sung-woong reunite in tvN’s new fantasy thriller

by tipsymocha

jungkyungho-parksungwoong-leeseol-leeel.jpg
Jung Kyung-ho, Park Sung-woong, Lee Seol, Lee El

Well, if this isn’t a cast to die for. Months after we first heard Jung Kyung-ho (Life on Mars) had been cast in tvN’s upcoming fantasy drama When the Devil Calls Your Name, the rest of the main cast has been announced, and these names have definitely put this drama on my must-watch list. Park Sung-woong (Hundred Million Stars From the Sky) will be reuniting with his Life on Mars co-star, joining Lee Seol (Bad Detective) and Lee El (Matrimonial Chaos).

The upcoming fantasy mystery thriller not only has a stellar cast, but its premise is intriguing, not least for its connection to a well-known classic. Inspired by Goethe’s tragedy Faust, the show will follow the story of Jung Kyung-ho’s star composer with numerous hits to his name. His fame and talent, however, is a product of a contract he made with the titular devil, selling his soul in exchange for success. Park Sung-woong will be playing the devil, or more specifically, a top actor who’s been possessed by the devil.

Aw, I was hoping for some more of the epic bromance we saw with these two actors in Life on Mars, but I can’t imagine them being super chummy given we first meet them as their contract is coming to an end, and the devil is eager to collect on his deal. I’m sure Jung Kyung-ho isn’t going to go quietly though, as the composer is described as initiating a deadly game with his life on the line.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/jung-kyung-ho-park-sung-woong-reunite-in-tvns-new-fantasy-thriller/

February 15 2019

Jung Kyoung-Ho, Park Sung-Woong, Lee Seol & Lee El cast in tvN drama series “When the Devil Calls Your Name”

When-the-Devil-Calls-Your-Name-tp1.jpg

Jung Kyoung-Ho, Park Sung-Woong, Lee Seol and Lee El are cast in tvN drama series “When the Devil Calls Your Name” (literal title). The drama series is motivated by classic German play “Faust” by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. For the drama series, Jung Kyoung-Ho will play popular songwriter Ha Rib who makes a pact with the devil. Park Sung-Woong will play top actor Mo Tae-Kang who is possessed by the devil. Lee Seol will play unpopular singer-songwriter Lee Kyung. Lastly, Lee El will play Ji Seo-Young. She is the CEO of an entertainment company which Ha Rib is a client of.

“When the Devil Calls Your Name” first airs sometime during the first half of this year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/jung-kyoung-ho-park-sung-woong-lee-seol-lee-el-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-when-the-devil-calls-your-name

Song Kang To Join Jung Kyung Ho And Park Sung Woong’s New Fantasy Drama

by Y. Shin
24adcf3b15704c3b9d76dc2d1babbb64.jpeg?s=

Actor Song Kang will be joining Jung Kyung Ho and Park Sung Woong’s upcoming drama!

On February 15, Namoo Actors stated, “Song Kang was cast in tvN’s new drama ‘When the Devil Calls Your Name’ (literal title).”

“When the Devil Calls Your Name” is a fantasy drama about a star songwriter named Ha Rip (Jung Kyung Ho) who sells his soul to a devil named Ryu in exchange for money and success. As his contract with the devil nears its end, Ha Rip plays the game of his lifetime, with his life as collateral, to keep his soul. After discovering that his wealth and success were obtained by stealing the talent and life of a young girl, Ha Rip sets out to restore his own life, as well as the lives of those around him.

Park Sung Woong will play top actor Mo Tae Gang, who is possessed by the devil Ryu.

Song Kang will take on the role of Luca, Ha Rip’s rookie assistant. Expectations for Song Kang’s performance in this drama are high as this is his first time acting in this genre. Many are looking forward to his chemistry with Jung Kyung Ho as well.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1303932wpp/song-kang-to-join-jung-kyung-ho-and-park-sung-woongs-new-fantasy-drama

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Jung Kyung-ho, Park Sung-woong, Lee Seol and Lee El Confirmed for "When the Devil Calls Your Name"

By Vasia Orion on 2019/02/14 at 16:46 PST

photo1035929.jpg

t is a good day in Dramaland when such news pops up, and my excitement for "When the Devil Calls Your Name" is now getting more solid footing with these casting confirmations. The upcoming fantasy human melodrama is about a star composer whose soul contract with the Devil is about to expire.

The story follows the protagonist, Ha Rip (Jung Kyung-ho), after he finds out that all of the success he has enjoyed has robbed a young woman of her talent and life. It is about the restoration of their lives, and the lives of those around them, and about discovering the essence of life in the process.

Character information remains largely unchanged for these roles, with Ha Rip being the man who is in a battle against time for his very soul in a story following the motif of Goethe's Faust. Park Sung-woong plays Mo Tae-kang, a top actor famous for his "devilish method acting". They're not being subtle with the twist here, as Tae-kang enjoys this fame from obscurity due to being a body possessed by the Devil, the owner of Ha Rip's contract.

more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-jung-kyung-ho-park-sung-woong-lee-seol-and-lee-el-confirmed-for-when-the-devil-calls-your-name-126608.html

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 8:49 PM, larus said:

Song Kang To Join Jung Kyung Ho And Park Sung Woong’s New Fantasy Drama

Yey another newbie from Namoo Actors. I like their talents! Hope he shines here. And my fav rookie actress Lee Seol.  Then our cute couple... (hahaha yes..  for cuteness sake I said that.) Jung Kyung Ho and Park Sung Woong. What's not to like... well this better be good! I'm no fan of fantasy genre as I stay away from them... unless it's well written and story and editing is good and acting is good and directing.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes !!! I am really looking forward to this drama! The reunion of Jung Kyung-ho and Park Sung-woong is what my heart desires! :love: I hope there will be a great bromance! Such that sparks flew in all directions ...

And with such actors and an interesting fantastic plot the drama will be gorgeous!

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때 - Jung Kyung Ho, Park Sung Woong, Lee Seol and Lee El
27 minutes ago, triplem said:

Gals , any character chart or description  or something like that ? 

None that I know of. It think it has been very quiet for this drama, no promos, no posters, minimal descriptions and only casting news.

I don't know if its intentional to have a mysterious vibe. Or is it normal for a drama to be promoted like this? Or was the main cast casting done too early, so they have yet to start any promo. So many assumptions. Haha

Archived