[Drama 2019] The Devil Is Calling Your Name, 악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때

larus

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question, everyone! :lol:

One thing I don’t understand is how YK is still a celebrity with a future (poor choice of words.. bear with me,,, the following will clarify, I think)

I thought it was important for celebrities to have decently good reputations? Yet... YK... Kelly... with her recent change in attitude—how does she think she’s gonna last in the industry with THAT bad a personality? I’m prettttty sure the music industry has its fair share of celebrities with ugly personalities who still have fans, but... I’d say a good number of them don’t make their richard simmons characters QUITE as obvious as Kelly does. 

Will someone please enlighten me? :(

hmm.. just finished ep15 with eng subs :huh:

i guess if ep13 and 14 were about fathers love, then ep 15 is about reconciliation and farewell.

the whole episode was super draggy though.. i got distracted *roll eyes*

Lucca and his mom farewell to HR at the airport, it was a touching scene. i think mom suspected that HR is SDC, thus gave the message.. Lucca has so much love for his dad, with the words of encouragement that he knew his dad would rather shoulder everything and walk the dark path alone that’s why asking them to leave :tears: YG although she was mean to Lucca in every aspect, at the end she was still guilt tripped for not having a proper goodbye to him.. DH, despite the mean words YG had said to her, still sends flowers to cheer her on the concert.. :) sometimes little gestures warm the heart and touch the soul more..

i can’t accept the 180 degree change between the feud of Ryu and HR.. like, oh the bet with deity has ended so they are whiskey buddies now? :o did the loneliness and sympathy strike them so hard? did the deity did a “standby” trick and snap his fingers to them both?? :rolleyes:

Ryu is too chill accepting that he will disappear! :sweatingbullets: i’m not sure if i can just be so lighthearted if i were to be recalled back to heaven and incinerated.. was he so happy that he found his soul after realising that his heart still beats for humans??

the scene where CR did those silly clown stunts to get back to his old man self, is totally redundant.. bleh. but the earlier scene where HR and CR talked about the old times with the lingering soul.. then HR jumped and panicked when CR swept himself and the soul away, i laughed out loud :lol:

one thing which pleases me, is that the lost souls will eventually go back to the humans.. :wub: but how? both souls we saw, lingered but din return into the bodies..

i hope tonight’s finale will be a good one.. maybe Ryu will be back in a white robe as an angel helping the humans again as his infinite punishment, and that HR.. in that tiny hut as a 66yo man playing his guitar hahaha

1 minute ago, triplem said:

Ehhh I am confused but it seems that Ryu returned HR’s soul to him . Happy ending for all 

I just finished ep 15 and went around watching some ep 16 clips.

Did I see this correctly...Dong Chul/Harip got his soul back in a baggie? Hahaha 

I’ve only seen part of the ending so far. 

I wish they let Jung Kyung Ho’s character stay as either HR or revert to SDC :sweatingbullets: Even HR was complaining about it lol. The alternating is annoying lol :lol:;;,,,.,....

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get with Lucca’s character. I can’t believe he just went back to Montenegro all smiley... His father sold the soul of the girl he liked... But since he was alive and reunited with his father, everything’s ok? Because he believes Kelly will go back to normal one day, everything is ok? Lucca can’t possibly be this optimistic... to me, he’s almost sickeningly optimistic. Damn. I really can’t believe Lucca went back in peace. I’ve only seen the last half of the final episode, so maybe they showed more about Lucca in the first half... Maybe he didn’t go back in complete peace... I need to watch the whole episode lol. 

I’ll write more later when I finish the entire episode! I can’t believe it’s over lol

i haven’t watched the last episode.. guess it’s a “duh?” ending? :huh:

i like all the bts photos and clips.. i guess that’s the best thing amidst poor storyline.. :lol:

26 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

Best Couple Award 

super bromance! hahaha :lol:

On 9/19/2019 at 10:21 AM, peachfuzz said:

I have a question, everyone! :lol:

One thing I don’t understand is how YK is still a celebrity with a future (poor choice of words.. bear with me,,, the following will clarify, I think)

I thought it was important for celebrities to have decently good reputations? Yet... YK... Kelly... with her recent change in attitude—how does she think she’s gonna last in the industry with THAT bad a personality? I’m prettttty sure the music industry has its fair share of celebrities with ugly personalities who still have fans, but... I’d say a good number of them don’t make their richard simmons characters QUITE as obvious as Kelly does. 

Will someone please enlighten me? :(

I think it's just simply the deal she got for selling her soul?

Finished the finale. For those confused whether it is HR or SDC at the end, in his narration, he chose to remain as SDC because that's what he wants.

I admit this is not an easy drama to understand. Nonetheless, I cried so many times throughout... It is a very well made drama, but I wish the script is a little clearer and straightforward so we can follow the line of thoughts more easily. Some of the important elements may be lost in translation, but at the end of the day, I think the message is about human's will. It is stronger than the devil's hold on the human. The battle between temptation and integrity?

Despite how the Devil had daddy's issues and was throwing a tantrum, I can't help smiling, cheering for him, and cracking up at 1: 45

With one episode left I did not expect much from Lucca.  He's one of those people you look at and want to protect more in my eyes.  In a way I was happy that he left so that we can focus more on the main characters.

Like @ktcjdrama said definitely problems in storyline, but glad had happy ending and a few highlights here and there throughout.  Oh sorry for confusion, I think I combine what I read from what sadthe1st said in previous post with what you said.  I like the idea/premise of whole drama, but some issues with execution.

for someone who is going to be burnt in hell fire (or he insisted as, dissipated) he sure takes care of his skin hiding under umbrella.. in full suit (superstar image??) and a customised chair with his photo on the seat.. :joy: Ryu, is more like a funny angel than a ruthless devil..

OIKM9137PDDF2SLV6AUB.jpg

4F5F94WUAQIQ6FNXBRSQ_1024x0.jpg

G6DNA1MXPUO4TLY11OXI_1024x0.jpgOnly reason watching this drama HaRip and Lucca.

(HaRip, Lucca and RaIn only three characters I like in this drama)

Started with hope of bromance  (HaRip and Ryu) but Bromance and Romance there's nothing (HR -YG and Ryu- SY I don't like both)

When the devil calls your name writer doesn't even prove it.(Devil was not even calling anyone :joy:) .

Talented Cast.

Good theme and Zero writing skill .

Best Music /OST.

HAPPY Ending  (Unexpected ,where's opening for season 2:joy:)

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Like @ktcjdrama said definitely problems in storyline, but glad had happy ending and a few highlights here and there throughout.  Oh sorry for confusion, I think I combine what I read from what sadthe1st said in previous post with what you said.  I like the idea/premise of whole drama, but some issues with execution.

Yeah, I didn’t mean to say there are problems with the storyline, but more about the delivery of the messages that writer wanted to convey to viewers. I thought the story was fine as we see a beginning and end that made sense. I just wish I understand more clearly about the whole soul selling thing. 

Archived