[Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속

0ly40

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:
2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the person I really felt sorry for was min ho, ji young's second husband.

I am puzzled with JY's mom who scold her about her husband asking for another money. His job seems not that settled. He is a good guy. He accepts her and the son which isn't his. 

ji young's mom is a real tough character no? she was even yelling at ji young for working as if that is why hyun woo fell sick. she also blames ji young for not closing her eyes and walking away from jae wook.. it looks like jae wook only cheated once when he got drunk? not necessarily like a full blown affair? so perhaps, she thinks that is acceptable? and she seems not very impressed with the second husband min ho. maybe he doesn't earn as much as jae wook? maybe he borrowed money to start his business? he was also upset when he talked with jae wook about the lawsuit and asked if it was because he thinks they can't afford it. so perhaps, he is not doing that well? but yea, he seems like the real good guy in this square...

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

She deserve to be unhappy all her life. That's what going she get after ruining other's life. What makes me really mad is she never really repent and remember what she did is wrong. She needs to feel the pain in order to realize how great pain she gave to JY. Spoiler: I peeked some clips and she'll get her misfortunes gradually. 

she is already in pain. she knows her husband doesn't love her and doesn't care about her. she alone feels the sting of miscarriages where he is more apathetic about it. her in-laws don't respect her and just tolerate her. and she is constantly worried that she will lose her position and husband as he really doesn't care about her to fight for her... that is a miserable existence no if you have no one to hug you when you are lonely and down?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why are there only 2 pages for this forum? Not a lot of people has seen this drama? I am starting to really like the drama. Call me liberal and old fashion, but I would really like them to have a second child. I am liberal because I did not give it a second thought for them to have a second child, old fashioned because I believe they still love each other and the child will still be born out of love from two people. They might have the child to save HW, but that doesnt mean he will not be important to them. 

Ok, on to my feelings about the characters, but before I do, please keep in mind, these are just my thoughts that I am sharing with you. I am not here to convince you of anything so please I dont want a debate about morals, etc etc. Like I said, you can call me liberal but dont debate with me. Thank you! :D

NWK makes my blood boil. I find myself shouting at the TV everytime she acts like she is the victim. First of all B*t**h! (OMG I am so mad), you are getting what you deserve! Stop acting like SJY messed with your life, you are the one that took everything from SJY. You are lucky that she is not an opportunistic leech like you and divorced her husband which you pounced on and attached yourself to like the leech you are. Not everything is about you. JW never even liked you, I bet you get him drunk everytime he has to make a baby with you. You have no pride at all, no one is on your side. Your in-laws sees you as expendable, your husband couldnt care less and sees you as his punishment. Cut your losses and start loving yourself. Stop being such a pathetic piece of sh!! 

Sister-in-law ... first time I love having a villain in the family. I love her! she is straightforward and can really hurt NKW. I think she was not like that before. Looks like JW and her has a good upbringing thanks to their mom. You can see that the siblings have a great relationship. I think losing her husband has made her cold to her father. Good thing she still cares for JW.

SJY, I cant really blame her for reacting the way she did, divorcing the man she loved. She felt betrayed, but it is so obvious that she still have feelings for him, If not for NKW presence and if she stayed single, I would have thought they would have reunited somehow. Her life now revolves around her son, despite having remarried. I agree with her when she responded to her husband that HW is different from him. You can replace a husband, but not your child.

JW, I dont blame him at all. He is the biggest victim in this story. During those times when NKW was scheming to get his attention, every time NKW appears, you can see his face change. He knows that NKW is making those coincidental meetings. He knows there is no such thing as coincidences, especially if it is happening too often. Yet he did not want to be rude to her because his wife asked him not to be. The voice over during the coincidences tells us that SJY encouraged her husband to be nice to her "friend." Not knowing that NKW was scheming to take him away from her. It is not like he was seduced and he slept willingly with her  and got her pregnant. He was drunk, wasted, he didnt know who he was having s3x with! Only thing I dont approve is that he married her. I think at that point of his life, he did not really care anymore. He lost his wife and child and felt empty. He felt he deserved all the punishment that will be given to him and he knows how strong willed SJY can be once she makes up her mind. He felt there is no going back that is why he never tried. Of course it did not help that NKW also schemed his dad. He was willing to lose everything for SJY and he could have done that again, but he wanted to be punished. He just lived his life like a puppet for his dad and his evil wife. No other reason to live for, not even the possibility of having another child because the child's mom is the reason he is in such sad existence. I am glad he is always stoic in the presence of NKW. She doesnt deserve to be happy, just like what SJY cursed her to be. I hope you just go and divorce your evil wife so you dont need to get her approval for your second child. You have been punished long enough and can still be punished by being alone. You dont have to continue living with that nightmare. But I guess if the writer does that, then the story ends in 6 episodes!!!! :blink:

SJY husband, I feel sorry for him, but I dont think they have been together long enough for him to replace JW in SJY's heart. Unfortunately, I agree that SJY should choose her child over him.  I dont have a lot of thoughts about him yet, but I hope that if he loves SJY as much as he thinks, he will support her and understand her desire to save her child. LIke they said, if you love someone set them free ...

I should have watched more before posting lol ...

SJY husband was good ... finally realized he will lose SJY when  HW dies.

When NKW asked JW to decide her fate, he should have just divorced her and let her lose everything. What has she done for him anyways? He doesnt owe her anything ... but seeing how he saved her life and she started obsessing with him ... OMG why does it have to be too complicated ... I am starting to hate JW now for not having any balls.... letting this evil person ruin his life more ..... writernim stop it!

I hope JW sister stays in that house to at least keep NKW reigned in ....

2 hours ago, jma030201 said:

why are there only 2 pages for this forum? Not a lot of people has seen this drama? I am starting to really like the drama. Call me liberal and old fashion, but I would really like them to have a second child. I am liberal because I did not give it a second thought for them to have a second child, old fashioned because I believe they still love each other and the child will still be born out of love from two people. They might have the child to save HW, but that doesnt mean he will not be important to them. 

Ok, on to my feelings about the characters, but before I do, please keep in mind, these are just my thoughts that I am sharing with you. I am not here to convince you of anything so please I dont want a debate about morals, etc etc. Like I said, you can call me liberal but dont debate with me. Thank you! :D

NWK makes my blood boil. I find myself shouting at the TV everytime she acts like she is the victim. First of all B*t**h! (OMG I am so mad), you are getting what you deserve! Stop acting like SJY messed with your life, you are the one that took everything from SJY. You are lucky that she is not an opportunistic leech like you and divorced her husband which you pounced on and attached yourself to like the leech you are. Not everything is about you. JW never even liked you, I bet you get him drunk everytime he has to make a baby with you. You have no pride at all, no one is on your side. Your in-laws sees you as expendable, your husband couldnt care less and sees you as his punishment. Cut your losses and start loving yourself. Stop being such a pathetic piece of sh!! 

Sister-in-law ... first time I love having a villain in the family. I love her! she is straightforward and can really hurt NKW. I think she was not like that before. Looks like JW and her has a good upbringing thanks to their mom. You can see that the siblings have a great relationship. I think losing her husband has made her cold to her father. Good thing she still cares for JW.

SJY, I cant really blame her for reacting the way she did, divorcing the man she loved. She felt betrayed, but it is so obvious that she still have feelings for him, If not for NKW presence and if she stayed single, I would have thought they would have reunited somehow. Her life now revolves around her son, despite having remarried. I agree with her when she responded to her husband that HW is different from him. You can replace a husband, but not your child.

JW, I dont blame him at all. He is the biggest victim in this story. During those times when NKW was scheming to get his attention, every time NKW appears, you can see his face change. He knows that NKW is making those coincidental meetings. He knows there is no such thing as coincidences, especially if it is happening too often. Yet he did not want to be rude to her because his wife asked him not to be. The voice over during the coincidences tells us that SJY encouraged her husband to be nice to her "friend." Not knowing that NKW was scheming to take him away from her. It is not like he was seduced and he slept willingly with her  and got her pregnant. He was drunk, wasted, he didnt know who he was having s3x with! Only thing I dont approve is that he married her. I think at that point of his life, he did not really care anymore. He lost his wife and child and felt empty. He felt he deserved all the punishment that will be given to him and he knows how strong willed SJY can be once she makes up her mind. He felt there is no going back that is why he never tried. Of course it did not help that NKW also schemed his dad. He was willing to lose everything for SJY and he could have done that again, but he wanted to be punished. He just lived his life like a puppet for his dad and his evil wife. No other reason to live for, not even the possibility of having another child because the child's mom is the reason he is in such sad existence. I am glad he is always stoic in the presence of NKW. She doesnt deserve to be happy, just like what SJY cursed her to be. I hope you just go and divorce your evil wife so you dont need to get her approval for your second child. You have been punished long enough and can still be punished by being alone. You dont have to continue living with that nightmare. But I guess if the writer does that, then the story ends in 6 episodes!!!! :blink:

SJY husband, I feel sorry for him, but I dont think they have been together long enough for him to replace JW in SJY's heart. Unfortunately, I agree that SJY should choose her child over him.  I dont have a lot of thoughts about him yet, but I hope that if he loves SJY as much as he thinks, he will support her and understand her desire to save her child. LIke they said, if you love someone set them free ...

I should have watched more before posting lol ...

SJY husband was good ... finally realized he will lose SJY when  HW dies.

When NKW asked JW to decide her fate, he should have just divorced her and let her lose everything. What has she done for him anyways? He doesnt owe her anything ... but seeing how he saved her life and she started obsessing with him ... OMG why does it have to be too complicated ... I am starting to hate JW now for not having any balls.... letting this evil person ruin his life more ..... writernim stop it!

I hope JW sister stays in that house to at least keep NKW reigned in ....

I started watching it today and I'm liking it so far. You just summed up my feeling regarding all of the characters. 

NWK has some nerve to cry crocodile tears and act like a victim. She ruined a woman's household and expects to live a good life. She slept with him without his consent under the influence of alcohol and has the nerve to go to his pregnant wife that by the way was almost due and tells her that she is pregnant with her husband's child. So who the HELL cares if you have met him before SJY met and married JW? NO ONE and I'm glad for once her in laws are not giving her the respect that she DESERVES as a daughter in law. Now she stuck with a dead husband, broken marriage and no child of her own for the rest of her life. Like the saying goes: You reap what you sow. 

I'm glad the mother in law finally found out regarding the fake pregnancy. Poor old lady finally decided to cut her some slack and give her some respect and next thing you know she finds a baby bump thing for the fake pregnancy on top of her bed. Why it wasn't the sister in law who found that out:weary:?. I'm patiently waiting for the day she comes back and puts 2 and 2 together; Boy, someone is screwed lol. Not to mention, the old man's temper; she just digged her own grave. And as you said, first time loving a villain in a Chaebol family lol. 

The second husband is a nice guy for now however sometime in the future, poor guy will absolutely explode. He gave his consent because of the son and I truly felt sorry for him when he was crying in the waiting room alone. 

And yeah, JW made a BIG mistake not divorcing her now. He will regret it in the future from the looks of it from the first scene of the drama. He made a mistake in the past and he repented it but now this is on him. I hope no harm comes to the kids especially the younger one. But at least the old lady knows the truth now so she will protect her grandkid from the lunatic. 

I'm still liking this drama. I can understand where most of the characters are coming from even though I don't agree with all of their decisions.

After this week's episodes, I'm liking Ji Young and Min ho more, Jae Wook less and continue to hate Na Kyung. The difference between Na Kyung and the other three is that their actions thus far have been motivated by love, remorse, etc. while Na Kyung continues to be all about Na Kyung. 

Jae Wook lost a lot of my goodwill by going along with the fake pregnancy. Seriously, dude punished himself for seven years. Enough.  He knows what kind of person she is. He knows why she wants the baby. Divorce her. Don't give her this power. He's so weak.

Poor Hyun Woo. He's so excited about having a little brother. I guess they are planning on telling him the baby died?

Question: JW's dad is all about wanting a grandson to take over the business, but there is the sister's son. Is he not considered as a heir because he's from the girl child or something. 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:35 AM, lu09 said:

The second husband is a nice guy for now however sometime in the future, poor guy will absolutely explode. He gave his consent because of the son and I truly felt sorry for him when he was crying in the waiting room alone. 

yea it is such a sad situation to be in; really thought they would have an affair but ji young actually backed out as she couldn't cheat on min ho. so it does seem more complicated than typical...

it will be interesting to see what happens. based on the preview @0ly40 posted, there's a leap. but they are showing a boy with na kyung. wonder what is happening with hyun woo...

On 12/2/2018 at 11:11 PM, qynn said:

Question: JW's dad is all about wanting a grandson to take over the business, but there is the sister's son. Is he not considered as a heir because he's from the girl child or something. 

because he is not part of the family's registrar. so he would be considered an outsider? or something like that? people who are obsessed with bloodlines are kind of strange. he also doesn't seem to have much respect for his daughter but neither does she. so that also play into it perhaps because she can't be manipulated. she is openly hostile towards her father and her son also seems to have a carefree attitude...

On 12/2/2018 at 7:35 AM, lu09 said:

for once her in laws are not giving her the respect that she DESERVES as a daughter in law. Now she stuck with a dead husband, broken marriage and no child of her own for the rest of her life. Like the saying goes: You reap what you sow. 

I'm glad the mother in law finally found out regarding the fake pregnancy. Poor old lady finally decided to cut her some slack and give her some respect and next thing you know she finds a baby bump thing for the fake pregnancy on top of her bed. Why it wasn't the sister in law who found that out:weary:?. I'm patiently waiting for the day she comes back and puts 2 and 2 together; Boy, someone is screwed lol. Not to mention, the old man's temper; she just digged her own grave. And as you said, first time loving a villain in a Chaebol family lol. 

kekeke... so partly am shaking my head at na kyung's nonsense but at the same time, did feel a slight twinge when she was crying alone that she would take care of the baby and be a good mother. :sweatingbullets: like @jma030201 put it, na kyung is all about na kyung but it is not like she is unfeeling. jae wook pretty much despises her but is unwilling to divorce her. why? and she is stuck in a hole of her own making where she is really alone. the more desperate she tries to get anyone to listen, the more she is shut out. and that in turn makes her mad and more vulnerable to crazyness... so will this baby settle her feeling of being unloved? she seemed to actually want that baby...

think the mother-in-law went along with this fake pregnancy because of ji young. she was protesting but when na kyung said min ho knows about the situation, the mother-in-law shut her mouth. basically na kyung's solution seemed to the be cleanest regarding the circumstances. min ho is put in a really tough spot and is struggling. he agreed out of love for hyun woo but he is struggling so much that he is working like crazy to get through his emotions as there is no one to console him. ji young feels apologetic to him but needs this second child. however, if they were to raise this child, will the marriage survive? on the other side, jae wook needs an heir because his father is obsessed with bloodlines but he has no wish to get divorced and get remarried. na kyung is desperate for a child but cannot have one. so her raising this child as her own makes sense in that situation no? think that is why mother-in-law is keeping the secret because she understands that it would be too much for ji young's husband to raise this child and chairman is too pig headed and so the only solution is to hide the identity of the child...

Interesting premise/story line. Basically Na Kyung raped Jae Wook and then told him she was pregnant to get him to marry her. She can't complain about the disrespect and the coldness of her inlaws towards her since she basically "stole" her position as wife and member of her inlaw's family. 

Now that the baby is born, Hyun Woo will get his cord blood but Ji Young has collapsed in the delivery room? I am glad that the preview showed her well and up and about. Ji Young did not sign the agreement to claim her child after he is born. It makes me wonder how that will affect the relationship between Ji Young and the child she gave up to Na kyung and her relationship to In Woo. Hopefully, In Woo will stick around, but it will take a heart with a lot of faith and trust to do so. 

The sister in law knows what a lying drama queen Na Kyung is. I wished she had stuck around to find out Na Kyung's fake pregnancy. She would have told on Na Kyung no matter what. I can't wait for the episode when she comes back and discovers the truth. She would know as soon as she realizes that Hyun Woo was saved and from a cord blood of his little brother that the donor of the cord blood was Na Kyung's son. It would not be hard for her to put clues together, first Ji Young got pregnant, and Hyun Woo got the donated blood to save his life when Ji Young delivered at the same hospital Hyun Woo was confined in. If the sister in law gets really interested and curious to know the truth, hiring a bright private sleuth to discover the truth is not a bad idea. The coincidences are questionable. Also with a good hacker, who knows if he/she can access the medical records of Na Kyung and find out that she was in fact sterile and barren?  

21 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea it is such a sad situation to be in; really thought they would have an affair but ji young actually backed out as she couldn't cheat on min ho. so it does seem more complicated than typical... 

Ji Young backing out at perhaps the most desperate moment of the her life makes me wonder about the adultery charge 10 years later. Perhaps there will still be an affair but I can't help but wonder if Min Ho's feelings of inferiority build and NK will use that to try to discredit JY in case she tries to claim parental rights. 

19 hours ago, qynn said:

Ji Young backing out at perhaps the most desperate moment of the her life makes me wonder about the adultery charge 10 years later. Perhaps there will still be an affair but I can't help but wonder if Min Ho's feelings of inferiority build and NK will use that to try to discredit JY in case she tries to claim parental rights. 

It may not be an affair, it could be that one of the sons or grandsons which includes the JW's sister's son will find out the truth. Hyeon Woo is expecting a little brother. How will they explain to him that there will be no little brother coming home? That, I think, will haunt Hyeon Woo especially when he will know later that his little brother saved him. If he is told that his brother died he might feel guilt about it. That might motivate him to find out about his little brother later. Or it could be the other way around. The little brother may coincidentally find out the circumstances of his birth, about him being a savior to save his big brother. Secrets have a way of revealing themselves to the most unlikely person at the most inconvenient/convenient time depending on which side the characters are on. And it could be that Min Ho's suspicions are never allayed and as you said NK will use it to discredit JY since she wants to destroy all of JY's relationships to JW and his family and her sons. NK wants the construction company so she alleges and affair?. She wants to be dowager queen. 

Hi all,  just stumbled on this drama last week and am loving it so far.  I am excited to see how things go, moving forward. I am liking the fact that JY is not a pushover.  She was wronged and she makes sure they know what they did to her.  No forgiveness.  I like that JW is not afraid to tell NW how he feels.  He is weak around his dad but he hasn't hesitated to tell NK that he still loves JY.  He knows he made a mistake and as a result NK got pregnant, so once JY divorced him he felt he had to marry NK.  I also like JW's sister and hate NK.  I  wonder how they will tell poor little HW about his baby brother.  He was so looking forward to her bringing him home.  Looks like they may skip over all the details and have a time jump for us right away, so I am expecting major melodrama from next week forward.  Cant wait.

Hello anybody here?

Now, this is what you call drama. They did have a time jump and the children are leading the charge of the Secret Discovery Mission. All the children have met, little brother Jeon Soo, big brother Hyun Woo and oldest child cousin Seun Hoon at the swimming pool. I have a feeling that big sister Jae Hee has found out the secrets behind Jeon Soo's birth and the twisted reasonings and actions of her sister in law, Na Kyung for practically stealing Ji Young's baby. All she has to figure out is who donated the stem cells that saved Hyun Woo because most of her family including her son donated and did not match but someone did. Now, there is this child whom NK claims is her child. Jae Hee is smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. I bet she will be looking at those medical records. Seung Hoon, Jae Hee's son, is the bad boy amongst the grandchildren. There is also a story with his daddy. Wonder who his daddy is and why they are separated from him. I hope the drama will also tell there story. 

I don't understand Ji Young's reasons for giving up her baby and from these recent episodes, she looked like she is very distressed about losing her child. She occupied herself dedicating most of her time to keeping Hyun Woo alive and healthy and to her family, she looks content until she had that talk with her mother. Maybe she wanted to show her gratitude to JW for his part in saving their son, Hyun Woo's life or she wanted her son to know his father. Or she uses her baby to get revenge on Na Kyung and JW. Whatever her reasons are, Ji Young shows now that she was never content with giving her baby up. Na Kyung trusted her to keep her word since she did not insist on Ji Young's signing the pre delivery provisional agreements to her detriment. Na Kyung is at a disadvantage but she is too insecurely dumb to know it. She was advised by her mother in law and husband to quit the TV show because it could get complicated. If she and Ji Young were in the show would not her young son see his bio mother in the show too? Then on the welcome to JY team dinner, NK calls JW to pick her up just to let JY know whose husband he is. On the team's way out of the restaurant, JW arrives to pick up NK who starts sidling up to JW to show him off especially to JY but then Min Ho arrives with his car to pick up JY smiling and waving and JY calls "honey" laughing and smiling running to the car not even acknowledging JW and NK's display. JW ended looking at JY with longing sad eyes and NK with frustrated and angry expression as if eggs were thrown at her face. That made me laugh so much. 

Grandfather KIm does not want to recognize Hyun Woo as part of his family and showers all attention to Jeon Soo and the "alledged" mother Na Kyung. I wonder what he would do or what would happen to him when he realizes the truth that Na Kyung is not the mother of Jeon Soo that in fact Ji Young is and Na Kyung faked her pregnancy to have a child so she can bilk the company off him? I want to see that too. A box of eggs thrown to his face expression. 

How about JW arranging secret meetings with Hyun Woo without anyone of the other parents knowing? I think that will be where NK will allege an affair even if no affair happened. The secret meetings without anyone knowing will be bases for NK to take JY to court to fight for custody and allege and affair??  but NK again will be shooting her own feet like her mother in law stated. NK is a combination of too much pride, insecurity and desperation, her emotions cloud her judgements. Now, regarding the secret meetings.... Was Hyun Woo ever told not to trust in strangers? I mean, his teacher makes him meet this strange man and dine with him, and after dinner asks to hug him? He was never told about meeting with strangers? Then the stranger tells him that they both go to Barcelona to see the Gaudi architect's work? I would have wanted Dad to encourage son to visit Barcelona and study the works of Gaudi maybe a handshake for now since he is a stranger to the son. I would have thought a protective mother like JY taught her son safety/safeguard measures better? I guess we are to assume that HW will know better next time? Even if he did not fight for his child and marriage the first time, at least JW is now trying to support HW even if in secret. But that might blow up the secrets wide open. 

I do feel sorry for Min Ho. I like him a lot. He is a good man, husband and father. He was there for Hyun Woo and JY through all their travails. I really hope MH and JY don't break up because he deserves the love of his family. I wonder why he and JY did not have a child together. I love that they moved to the country where the environment fit Hyun Woo better. Not too much clogged air, more organic food, cleaner and easier way of living. I really, really hope, In woo not be blindsided here. He needs a good ending too. 

I can't help feeling anxious whenever I see HW with a nosebleed. Please don't let him die. He will be the saviour of his family. I can't wait to see what happens next. The preview, where he collapsed.... no....don't die. 

6 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I do feel sorry for In Woo. I like him a lot. He is a good man, husband and father. He was there for Hyun Woo and JY through all their travails. I really hope IW and JY don't break up because he deserves the love of his family. I wonder why he and JY did not have a child together. I love that they moved to the country where the environment fit Hyun Woo better. Not too much clogged air, more organic food, cleaner and easier way of living. I really, really hope, In woo not be blindsided here. He needs a good ending too. 

he seems like a such genuine bloke. definitely needs a good ending for him. as for having a child with him, perhaps she couldn't have any more kids? looks like she had some sort of complication which is why she was unconscious.. so maybe thats why...

ugh... now that I have watched both the episodes, am not sure how I feel about about the 3 leads - ji young, jae wook and na kyung. ji young feels like she is riling the beast for no reason other than she can't let go of the past.. umm, what about the kids? do they deserve to have their worlds turned upside down because of how she feels? already teenager hyun woo feels stifled by her over-protectiveness and fear that he feels that he may not live up to 20. and to think that his mom had another kid just for him?

and we know that jae wook is his biological dad but in a way, it is creepy that some random dude who is a friend of a teacher is hugging him and having lunch? :o especially in this day when there are all sorts of bad people.. @zenya22 ~ felt like saying, hyun woo, be careful!

and na kyung, she may be a witch but she seems to be genuinely love joon soo. she obviously sees the pluses he brings in her life but at the same time, she is a good mother. however, her relationship to jae wook seems as frayed as before. so these two fake it in front of their kid as well?... and how exactly did ji young expect na kyung to react? to say "here's your kid; hug him?" :blink:..obviously, she is going to be possessive because she sees him as her son. 

@zenya22 ~ really don't understand ji young's reasoning at all because it is especially unfair for all the innocent players -- in joon, hyun woo, joon soo. in a way, ji young also seems as obsessed with bloodlines as the chairman. she gave up the child. she didn't raise him. whether she likes it or not, na kyung is the kid's mother. not her. but instead of focusing on the child and husband she does have, she is stuck on pause button for the past.

yea, na kyung stole jae wook from her but she seems to have not forgiven her for that.. because of that, she still seems to be stuck on jae wook in a way. poor in joon, after all this time, she can only be thankful for him. the poor fella is super dedicated but there is no one there to hear his thoughts, his fears and give him love. why isn't she the one comforting him? soothing his fears and insecurities? :wacko:

but as usual, jae hee, the sister gives crackling dialogues. and it looks like she is bent on taking over the company as some sort of revenge? and what role will her son seon hoon play?

On 12/10/2018 at 8:19 AM, Lmangla said:

ugh... now that I have watched both the episodes, am not sure how I feel about about the 3 leads - ji young, jae wook and na kyung. ji young feels like she is riling the beast for no reason other than she can't let go of the past.. umm, what about the kids? do they deserve to have their worlds turned upside down because of how she feels? already teenager hyun woo feels stifled by her over-protectiveness and fear that he feels that he may not live up to 20. and to think that his mom had another kid just for him?

and we know that jae wook is his biological dad but in a way, it is creepy that some random dude who is a friend of a teacher is hugging him and having lunch? :o especially in this day when there are all sorts of bad people.. @zenya22 ~ felt like saying, hyun woo, be careful!

and na kyung, she may be a witch but she seems to be genuinely love joon soo. she obviously sees the pluses he brings in her life but at the same time, she is a good mother. however, her relationship to jae wook seems as frayed as before. so these two fake it in front of their kid as well?... and how exactly did ji young expect na kyung to react? to say "here's your kid; hug him?" :blink:..obviously, she is going to be possessive because she sees him as her son. 

@zenya22 ~ really don't understand ji young's reasoning at all because it is especially unfair for all the innocent players -- in joon, hyun woo, joon soo. in a way, ji young also seems as obsessed with bloodlines as the chairman. she gave up the child. she didn't raise him. whether she likes it or not, na kyung is the kid's mother. not her. but instead of focusing on the child and husband she does have, she is stuck on pause button for the past.

yea, na kyung stole jae wook from her but she seems to have not forgiven her for that.. because of that, she still seems to be stuck on jae wook in a way. poor in joon, after all this time, she can only be thankful for him. the poor fella is super dedicated but there is no one there to hear his thoughts, his fears and give him love. why isn't she the one comforting him? soothing his fears and insecurities? :wacko:

but as usual, jae hee, the sister gives crackling dialogues. and it looks like she is bent on taking over the company as some sort of revenge? and what role will her son seon hoon play?

I agree with everything you posted. I stll don't like Na Kyung, but like you said she is a good mother. The fact though that her MIL and husband know that she faked the pregnancy and the baby is Ji Young's, makes them feel like they have more rights to the kid than her? as in MIL telling NK that Jeon Soo is to sleep in her house rather than in his parent's house. How many times does that happen?  Na Kyung still does not know that MIL knows she faked her pregnancy.

And why did JY give up her son to give to JW if she can't forget and forgive? Why did she not keep him? Maybe she thinks that JW will demand for the rights to the child? I mean he was concieved through IUI, and for necessity, but still her baby. Or at that time, she also considered Min Ho's feelings so gave up her baby to the sperm donor father? Then she should consider In Min Hos feelings now. Min Ho is a good man and the only one whom Hyun Woo knew as his father from his babyhood. It has been 16 years since the divorce from JW, and she still is unforgiving and wants to hurt him back? If the secret is revealed and Hyun Woo gets close to JW who has been meeting with him clandestinely, does Hyun Woo forget about Min Ho who has been his father for the last 16 years and just run to JW? What does that make Hyun Woo? What does that make JY? How about young Jeon Soo, who will be as confused as ever especially when he is being pulled between mom and grandma and now another woman claiming to be his mother? But I guess, this is life taking care of what has not been forgotten and forgiven. I really want to see what the sister in law does from now. 

I don't know what JW is hanging on to NK for. It seems like a marriage in hell. 

@zenya22 ~ have the same exact questions as you; am not sure why jae wook is holding on to this marriage if he hates na kyung so much. at least he can give her respect as the mother of his child because she has been a good loving mother. if they go down this track that blood is thicker than water and therefore adopted relationships don't count, will be very disappointed. it will be a disservice to both in joon and na kyung who have been good parents.

as for ji young and jae wook, not sure what their deal is. they have been married for over 16+ years and they are still holding on their past which is actually unfair for everyone. why get married to in joon if she could not move on? he is a good man who deserves to be loved... na kyung may be a witch @stargazer187 but she is not loved at all. and she is in this miserable marriage because she is still yearning for jae wook. so that itself is torture. so she already got karma. no need for extra in a way...

this mess is really going to impact the kids the most and so we will have to see how this shakes down.

3 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Seems like HW's condition isn't too well. I wonder whether his leukemia is healed completely or he has to be treated all his life.

yea I don't know if he is really sick or if he is worried that he will relapse because his parents have made him so afraid with their over protectiveness.... but if he falls sick again, then will joon soo have to donate again?

Archived