[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have there been any news of a season 2 for this drama? Seeing how SY's stepbrother was introduced in this latest ep, I feel like her story is being set up for another season? CWK's story will probably be settled in the last ep in my opinion. 

I feel sorry for CWK. Not only did she fail to protect her sister, she also might be the cause of her sister's death. I can't even imagine the psychological burden it might have been for CWK to discover her sister lying dead next to her. 

"If only she didn't fight with her sister about the dress. If only she didn't complain about her sister (like most kids tattletale on each other). Then her step-mother might not have dragged her up the stairs." These might have been the thought of Little CWK. Little CWK was shocked at the  outcome of the event, and she could only turn on the t.v. in hope to drown out the sound. I bet she also thought SK would just get a small spanking and everything would be okay...meaning that her sister would be alive. Little did she know that was the last time her sister was alive and that her sister died wearing the green dress that CWK had complained about.

These little details are enough to shatter someone's mind. 

I just hope CWK won't be manipulated by RC. 

I have the impression that the psychiatrist Yoon approached CWK so that she would take it from here and become the new RC. He let JH see the picture of the lighthouse therefore I think that he knew that he would be suspected and arrested soon.

As for CWK, I doubt that she will become like him as her focus has always been on the children so that they can heal. RC had the perpetrator as his target, less the well-being of the children. HN and BN saw their mother dead or dying which is pretty terrifying. HN heard the struggle between her father and RC, she got so scared. Saving the children was just an excuse, hatred for the abusive parents was more the real motive.

It would be great if her stepmother was arrested because she forged an identity. I am not sure if her stepmother can be convicted for murder as it happened a long time ago. By the way, I don't think, SK was burnt but she might be buried behind the wall of the fireplace. This would explain why she hid the fireplace because she has the impression that the deceased girl is looking at her.

CWK must have felt very guilty and conflicted: relieved not to be the one who got drown and guilty because if she hadn't complained, her sister wouldn't have died. However, her behavior was just normal. Arguing between siblings is not a crime... What is really upsetting is the way, her stepmother put the deceased SK in the bed so that CWK would discover her dead sister. Her gesture reveals that she wanted to put the blame and the guilt on CWK: She died, while "you" (CWK) were resting in your bed... "you" didn't protect "your" sister, "you" didn't notice that she was so cold... The stepmother did the exact same thing than Si Wan's father, but in the worst way because she never said anything to her, while the father had to blackmail his son.

Honestly, I almost fell for the stepmother's cry and lies in the episode 14 because it is true that single mothers are stigmatized and badmouthed. I really liked how CWK described her stepmother from a new perspective: sneaky, nasty and lowly old witch. I wonder how the actual SK will react, when she discovers the truth: her own mother killed CWK's sister. 

As for CWK's father, I have no word for him: his manipulations (brainwashing, lies) can not be compared to the lies of Si Wan's mother who was actually a victim herself. The father knew what his new wife had done but out of shame, he preferred covering up the truth.    

I watched the last two episodes.

Yeah. Yoon Tae Joo is Red Cry and I was a surprise that he is Eun Hoo`s big brother. It make sence in a way. It was obvious from the beginning that Eun Tae suspected who is Red Cry and wanted to protect his identity. It has to be hard for Yoon Tae joon to keep his calm, knowing that his brother is dead and that he is under suspicious.

I like the scene where Ji Heon was talking to Woo Kyung about Eun Tae and Tae Joo. Woo Kyung said that Eun Ho was broken and that`s why he could become the judge of the abusers and that Tae Joo`s mission is to heal and to give second chances to abusive parents who want to change. Red Cry must be broken too despite his calm attitude. I am upset that Yoon Tae Joo could not helped his brother to heal his emotional wounds but he  attracted him to believe in his cause instead. 

Another scene I liked. When Soo-Young came to see Ji Heon and we saw how hard it was for him after Eun Ho`s death. She doesn`t sugar coat things, she is outspoken. Later, Ji Heon asked himself in front of Woo Kyung, if Eun Ho would have shot her. He doubts himself but Woo Kyung without hesitation said to him that he saved her life. She was very considerate and profesional. She comforted Ji Hun who doubts himself. I personally think that Eun Ho wouldn`t shot Woo Kyung, he was  threatened to shoot her because he wanted the police to kill him. Ji Hun did his job. He could not risk a life and shot the assailant.

Now, Woo Kyun`s trauma. The girl in green dress was Se Kyung, her real sister. She is dead. The step mother is a cold, weird woman, an abuser but how on earth, the father lied about her own daughter`s death? He agreed to replace Se Kyung and fill the blanks of the other daughter with his stories and creat another reality.   Unless is was his own big guilt, this is mindblowing. I don`t understand him at all.

One episode to go for next week.

I have been thinking about SK's accident and CWK's reaction: we heard that she was bedridden for one month. Notice that CWK found her sister SK dead in bed, what if the car accident of SK triggered a memory in CWK: the loss of her sister. That's why she reacted like that. The child CWK had the impression that her sister had died in bed. So staying in bed would mean that she didn't dare to look around, too scared that her second sister might die. 

Let just say that CWK's husband called his friend, the psychiatrist, for help. Back then, he might have realized what had happened to CWK but as his friend was asking for help, he decided to let the memories buried. The husband might have even argued that this wouldn't help CWK at all. However, the husband used her weakness as an excuse to cheat on her and he repeated the action with the car accident. This time, the psychiatrist might have decided to help her to uncover the truth... it would be great if the husband resurfaces again and CWK confronts him, especially if he knew that there was child abuse in the past. This would give an opportunity to bring back the cheating husband and even bring a certain closure. 

Red Moon, Blue Sun: Episodes 25-26

by odilettante

redmoon2500313a.jpg

Red Cry’s identity is finally revealed, which should feel like a triumphant victory — yet it’s a sad, bittersweet discovery, especially when we see the reasons behind Red Cry’s genesis. Is an honorable motive enough to excuse Red Cry’s actions? Or should vigilantes pay for the crimes they’ve committed, even if their whole lives seem to have been one big punishment for merely existing?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/red-moon-blue-sun-episodes-25-26/

Daebak! I've seen lots of crime drama, but this is the most impressive, well-written, anticipated drama I've ever seen! Now it's about to end, i have a lot to say.

1. I guess i know the reason this drama has low ratings. One, they compete with The Last Empress, which is the buzz drama in korea right now. Second, this drama theme is dark, which takes a lot for the audiences to accept.

2. I am impressed with all of you. Most of your guesses came true haha. You all could be detectives alongside JH lol!

3. In what episode that imply JH is an abuse victim? I watched every episode every week, but I can't seem to recall JH has a past with abuse.

4. Did you guys see YTJ's expression when JH saw his tablet' wallpaper of the lighthouse? He was like "Yea, the place you killed my brother is my wallpaper. So what?" Like he wasn't even afraid that JH saw the wallpaper.

5. You might not agree with me, i might sound crazy here, but i kind of root for Red Cry. I know it was wrong to kill people, but world without these nasty abusers would be more peaceful, for the victims especially. And it's sad to know some criminals could escape law and live in freedom. (OMG, i might get a message from Red Cry anytime)

6. I still have doubt that YTJ is Red Cry. Remember when WK asked him if he has urge to kill abusers? His reply was, "I'm a doctor. I've seen a lot of worse people. If i have an urge to kill them, how can i do my job?". If he was telling the truth, he must have another accomplice. But if he was telling a lie, he is indeed someone who has prepare himself to any questions.

7. Don't you guys find it attention-worthy that kim sun-ah keep asking the director for season 2? Like there's more stories to tell even after the drama ends. I guess we're going to see an open ending next week, maybe. Or a cliffhanger. Imagine, JH caught the guy and all, then suddenly there's another murder, and the drama ends lol 

8. Soo Young, even until now is still a mysterious character. I'm hoping to know her story too. Season 2?

9. You guys were talking about the dancing ballerina. I've seen it too before. If I'm not mistaken, I've seen the ballerina in a victim house, I don't remember either it was Bit Na or the girl that her mom opened up a restaurant.

10. I feel like Red Cry is not an individual, but rather a persona. Do you remember the Razorhead website? They have four "judges" in it, namely H1 to H4, if i remember correctly. What if after YTJ was caught for his crimes as Red Cry (assuming he's the real RC), other person will take over Red Cry's role?

11 minutes ago, Eau de Jenny said:

3. In what episode that imply JH is an abuse victim? I watched every episode every week, but I can't seem to recall JH has a past with abuse.

4. Did you guys see YTJ's expression when JH saw his tablet' wallpaper of the lighthouse? He was like "Yea, the place you killed my brother is my wallpaper. So what?" Like he wasn't even afraid that JH saw the wallpaper.

Hi! Welcome to this thread, and welcome to soompi too!! :)

For no.3, it was implied he was abused when he said his mother kept a rod just like the one MHJ put in Bit Na's room. She claimed it was just a display and never been used, whereas JH said his mother used hers very well, meaning he's gotten beaten before. Personally, I don't think he was abused as a child. The rod is probably just for disciplining him, which is a common practice for many Asian parents even to this day. Some of us were just discussing about this in another thread, how corporal punishment is different in Asia and in the US.

Yes, I saw the look of Yoon. But for that particular scene, what I like best was when JH just let the warrant slipped from his hand onto Yoon's lap. That was cool :D

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This would give an opportunity to bring back the cheating husband and even bring a certain closure. 

The only closure I want for the cheating ex husband is to put fire ants in his pants and watch him scream.

He cheated on his pregnant wife and when his wife needed him the most.

@Eau de Jenny ^5.

I do feel the same way as you with regards to point number 5.

It does frustrates me sometimes when the REAL culprits get away with law due to many other things including money. 

My burning desire to see them get judged by Red Cry is pretty strong but I do agree that we shouldn't take laws in our own hands as we may have thought we are freeing the child.. but sometimes the child might turn out even worse if there's no closure. No redemption. No healing done.

Think red cry has recruited all these angry abused kids who grew up strong enough for revenge...so it’s likely an organisation of angry kids... with Yoon Tae Joo as the mastermind...

hence truck driver for seokwoo’s mom...Kang ming Ki....Lee  eunho ...as his minions

wondered if ytj even told eunho that he was his Brother....because it didn’t seem that eunho realised he had family....

in that sense...ytj is truly a crazed manipulative psycho....out for revenge only and not really thinking about the kids...

i didn’t like that he channeled eunho’s rage instead of helping him heal...

but he is doing the same to cwk now....

Well I am not sure if with YTJ's arrest that the real Red Cry is caught. I still have some issues imagining  the doctor as Red Cry beating JH. I have the impression that YTJ might have decided to become the scapegoat... but the real Red Cry is still there, the one who organized everything. It would be great if there is still a twist in the last episode.

Okay, my mind might run wild but I sense that there could be more to it. We had suspected that someone from the police might be working for that organization. 

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

.....Her gesture reveals that she wanted to put the blame and the guilt on CWK: She died, while "you" (CWK) were resting in your bed... "you" didn't protect "your" sister, "you" didn't notice that she was so cold... The stepmother did the exact same thing than Si Wan's father, but in the worst way because she never said anything to her, while the father had to blackmail his son.

Honestly, I almost fell for the stepmother's cry and lies in the episode 14.....The father knew what his new wife had done but out of shame, he preferred covering up the truth.    

Abusers can be excellent liars, and this is partly because of their own narcissicism:  they genuinely do not believe that they have done anything wrong.  Stepmonster is a good example of the way that some real abusers behave.  

Father may not have felt shame but instead desperation to keep his hot new wifey.  It is also highly likely that Stepmonster convinced him that WK was the one at fault, and then he probably did everything he could to try to change her memories so that he could "rescue" her from believing she had killed her sister.

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

The only closure I want for the cheating ex husband is to put fire ants in his pants and watch him scream.

He cheated on his pregnant wife and when his wife needed him the most.....

I agree that there the cheater absolutely should Not go back to WK and that she should not accept him.  However, he should make proper amends so that they can both care for their daughter.

@bebebisous33 this drama is really messing with our head.

There's something there... But I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Dr Yoon as the real mastermind???

I still can't accept that.

But how can he not be part of Red Cry since he "forced" CWK to spit out what she really want to know about her sister by trying to hypnotize CWK with the tapping of his own?

Aargh.

@thistle aargh. I'm not sure what amends he can make other than suffering (Like he became a bankrupt, his mistress left him for someone rich) 

When I recalled the scene when CWK caught him with his mistress and he just walked away from her?????

That fury in me just wants to send his car to the crusher.

So I really hope we won't get to see the ex husband in the last episode.

We only have 1 hr left. We don't need it to be wasted on him.

:joy:

P.S: Red Cry. Please don't contact me. I don't want to be your helping hand. Lol

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

.....Well I am not sure if with YTJ's arrest that the real Red Cry is caught.....We had suspected that someone from the police might be working for that organization. 

I'm still very suspicious of the female detective.

17 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@thistle aargh. I'm not sure what amends he can make other than suffering (Like he became a bankrupt, his mistress left him for someone rich) 

When I recalled the scene when CWK caught him with his mistress and he just walked away from her?????

That fury in me just wants to send his car to the crusher.....

Understandable.  He makes me cross, too.  What I meant by making amends is that he should be apologetic and become respectful to WK. 

Beyond cheating on her, he has also been conspiring against her with Stepmonster, and he has been using his new sweetie to try to win over the daughter's affections in the chance of getting her away from WK.  That is just rotten and there is no excuse for it.  However, he should still have the chance to become a good father to his child, and part of that is behaving with proper respect to the child's mother.

4 hours ago, Eau de Jenny said:

10. I feel like Red Cry is not an individual, but rather a persona. Do you remember the Razorhead website? They have four "judges" in it, namely H1 to H4, if i remember correctly. What if after YTJ was caught for his crimes as Red Cry (assuming he's the real RC), other person will take over Red Cry's role?

IIRC the computer guy said that the website was designed so that multiple people could be labeled H1, H2, etc. so there was no telling how many people were actually involved. Since then, I've had the feeling that Red Cry would be caught but the drama would end with another hooded figure taking over Red Cry's role, which I actually wouldn't mind (as long as it's not WK). 

Archived