[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mrsj3n said:

@bebebisous33 wow. Great analysis..

But the most important question is...where is the taller girl now?

Or...  the so called younger sister in the hospital is actually the older sister and CWK is the younger sister?

That's what I have been thinking. There was a switch... and the older sister knew about it. By doing so, the parents ensure that the abuse can never be discovered and reported. Notice that there is a relative to CWK, an aunt, and CWK has never heard of her or never seen her. There is no one who can confirm who CWK really is. The pictures shown to the people who visited the same school are about the taller girl. Now, I think, I know why the father erased every trace of the biological mother. If he hadn't done that, then our heroine would have recognized herself as child because the pictures of her mother would have revealed her true identity.

In my opinion, the mother offered the dress but it was too big, hence it was put back into the gift box. Then her mother died and the stepmother appeared with her daughter. Her own daughter discovered the gift box and found the green dress therefore she decided to wear it for her own birthday. To me, CWK must have suffered a great trauma... maybe she got hurt in an accident, where she suffered from amnesia. The father decided to ensure that CWK would never remember what had happened to her seeing it as an opportunity to redeem himself.

@bebebisous33 yes!

Hence the reaction on the "younger" sister's face when she saw the portrait of the little girl in green dress.

I recalled that CWK mentioned before that they had a huge arguments before the "younger" sister had an accident and CWK also lost it after the accident....

Hmmmm... another plausible reason why the step mother does not want CWK to pursue further? 

5 hours ago, howling said:

Oh boy, the plot is getting thicker but we are also getting some answers like CWK is not Red Cry! Yay! Also with the way RC wrote to MHJ with 'we, everyone' there's definitely a group of people and I think it's safe to assume that they act as parts of one mechanism, like doctor was tasked killing the first victim, MHJ providing burner phone and maybe other stuff, so my suspicions that Eunho is also connected with them is getting stronger, I firmly believe he was the one to drop Hana at orphanage and handing RC password to intranet, and I think someone else was tasked with killing Hana's mother. But there is still one big boss mastermind behind this. Have you noticed the person typing as RC has feminine hands?? I'm 99% sure it was woman's and also a young woman, bc just right after they showed MHJ's hands so the difference is seen. So if we look at this direction, the only young females we were introduced are Sooyoung, Sekyung and a mistress (i might forgot smn else). Given that Sooyoung has an alibi as she was chasing RC and making SK pretending to be in a coma will probably turn drama into makjang I'm kinda guessing it might be mistress?:sweat_smile:

p.s we're already halfway but only now I noticed how handsome Eunho is, when the camera lingered longer on him watching WK and Bitna. I mean obviously, I saw he's cute when introduced, but now I see his features are delicate, attractive and trustworthy(?), no wonder everyone thought abt him when Hana said 'kind looking'.

lol I was thinking that JH's ex might be in the mix but to what end? Just to get CWK's Husband, Sun Soo, to ruin her career and life, to make her lose her unborn child? To get back at JH to make him suffer for more at him being the reason she's so bitter about the abortion or the loss of their child? 

In the latest episodes 17 and 18, it was fully focused on Bit Na and her mum.

However, the scene with Eunho was interjected with seemingly no connection to the focus.

He was drawing pictures of children. Could this be some clue? The children drawn doesnt seem familiar though. What is the significance of this scene? It seems odd to put it in.

37 minutes ago, detective3d said:

However, the scene with Eunho was interjected with seemingly no connection to the focus.

He was drawing pictures of children. Could this be some clue? The children drawn doesnt seem familiar though. What is the significance of this scene? It seems odd to put it in.

He saw Bit Na with CWK and right after Red Cry knew about the abuse committed by HMJ. He is definitely his informant. The portraits of children represent abused children in my opinion, especially children of nobody. By making a portrait of them, he ensures to give them an identity. They are not children of nobody.   

By the way, @mrsj3n what caught my attention, when CWK interviewed Bit Na, there was a camera and it was recording the whole conversation. So someone just needs to watch the video and he knows everything... I guess, CWK must be uploading the video in her computer. 

Shock and tears accompany this week's episodes as it delivers terrible insight into the pitiable, conflicted psyche of the abused who try to understand and excuse their loved one, and change themselves so as to try and stay the abusive hand of that same person. The allegory of the story "Children of Nobody" takes a devastating meaning when interpreted through the eyes of a child who is abused and tries to make sense of why she is treated that way - the tiger being a transformation that could be kept away by her good behaviour - in essence misguidedly holding her own self responsible for what has happened to her.

On the other side of this tragic coin, we see damning self-recriminations in the abuser once they finally realise what they really are, how they have deluded themselves into believing what they do is out of love, and the bitter end where that revelation takes them. The moment the scales falls from her eyes, it is telling that she who has previously judged others, deeming them undeserving of forgiveness - the fundamental belief that binds the followers of Red Cry - is held and holds herself to the same exacting standards.  Her final words to her child:

"I've done wrong. Don't forgive me. I'm sorry. Don't forgive me."

-- translated from C-subs

is a clear indication of this mindset - admission of guilt, apology for what she has done, and the iteration of her unworthiness to be forgiven. However repulsive and cruel her deeds had been, her actions as she - driven by Red Cry's ultimatum - becomes her own judge, jury and executioner, is ultimately one of remorse and penance. And I cry for both mother and daughter for what is irrevocably lost, for the additional trauma and guilt the child will now have to live with, of seeing her mother whom she loves in spite of everything, die before her eyes.

Just as shattering is to see CWK passively taking the emotional cruelty that is heaped on her again and again. After her relentless efforts to unlock the lost memories of her childhood and solve the mystery of the girl in the green dress despite meeting roadblock upon roadblock, her solitary figure in tears in the darkened kitchen, defeated by the blame her stepmother hurled on her; and later the quiet resignation as she gives up her search after the threats of her jerk of an ex-husband, is truly unbearable to watch. Not for the first time, I really hope that we will see her finally snap out of this empty passivity and reclaim her own self-worth.

Having just barely past the half-way mark, I don't believe we have seen enough to make any conclusive conjectures. Nonetheless, I have my suspicions (possibly unfounded) as to the identity of Red Cry, by virtue of the physical traits that we have been privy to thus far - the lanky frame and the long fingers which we have seen before. Will see if this turns out to be just another red herring.

As for the identity of the girl in the green dress, I still stand by my belief that it is CWK, though I am still not quite convinced it is just a projection of her forgotten memories, but rather it is also the product of some otherworldly intervention that is slowly chipping away at the walls that has kept her cocooned for so many years.

In the case of stepmother, I am still on the fence with regards to her. She is harsh and tears at CWK with seeming disregard for her fragile state of mind. However, I cannot help but wonder if this is just her way of derailing CWK's investigation into the past and the identity of a girl that she clearly recognises, by forcing her to focus on the present with the possibility of her losing Eun Seo. Perhaps, some pasts are best left buried, but for whom? Is it to protect CWK from unimaginable pain?

Am truly looking forward to next week's episodes, particularly as we see Red Cry in action in the here and now. By the blood stained gloves, I would venture to say that we would have seen the last of Ha Na's despicable father by then, which is something I am definitely anticipating.

I just saw the episodes 17-18. Wow. Lots of things happened.

First I want to comment about Woo-Kyung`s step mother. What a horible woman. I never liked her. Na Young-Hee does a good job portraying Heo Jin-Ok. From the beginning, Woo Kyung`s stepmother was a very cold woman who give us a creepy wibe. I don`t know if she is the woman who abuses the little girl in the green dress but I totally think she is capable of that. He showed her desperation in this week episode. Yes, we all saw her how she cleaned up the storage because she did not want Woo kyung to find more clues from her past, she doesn`t want her to remember anything. Heo Jin Ok went to Woo Kyung`s ex husband to tell her that Woo Kyung is an unstable woman and she told him that she had her support if he wants custody. :angry: I am glad that Woo Kyung senses that her mother is suspisious. What angered me more was her words toward Woo Kyung. " Why does Eun seo keep asking for that woman and never for you? You could end up losing your own child while chasing a phantom." If that woman was not physically abusing in the past (I doubt it) she was alright a mentally abuser. She still is. Her words were threatening, manipulative, malicious. The tone of those words was like that of an abuser who was talking to her victim.

I have no doubt now. The mystery surrounding the girl in green dress is connected with Woo Kyung`s family, including the step mother. I also thing we have just random flashbaks and we don`t know who is who in those picture, just like Woo kyung. I also believed right now that one of the girls in the picture is not the one they said it is. I also tend to believe that it is a mistaken identity here. I wish Se-Kyung to wake up soon and give us some truth. Another mystery here. She seems to be conscious sometimes. I am confused. I don`t remember when she had the accident and became comatose.

The Heo Jin-Ok said to Woo Kyung that she was always a depressed child. The tall girl in the picture (who they said is Woo Kyung) is not a depressed child. The little girl ho wanted the dress looked depressed.

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The taller girl is wearing a grey skirt and a beige/off-white shirt. The flashback concentrates on the happy face of the girl  The girl with the green dress is wearing a beige/off-white shirt. Notice that the little girl next to her looks neglected. She has no pink hair clip, her hair is not well combed.

Yes, she looked like a girl who never had a dress and wanted to try that pretty dress herself. The taller girl is happy. She had the dress as a present and she was trying it in front of the mirror. Later, the younger girl took the dress, maybe put some make up and a hair clip. For a moment was happy.

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

My supposition is that she was twirling around because she was about to wear it. In the first scene (when she is wearing the beige shirt with the grey skirt), she has just found the gift box and opened it. She discovered the green dress and liked it. Besides, right after seeing the taller girl twirling, we see the little girl doing the same thing. She is well combed with a pink hair clip. It looks like she is wearing some make-up (lipstick)... but the dress seems to be too big for her.

We saw that someone saw her when she was trying the dress and pushed her. I don`t think it was the older girl who pushed the younger. It looked like an adult. We saw a scene where the younger girl was abused, was punished for what she did. It looked like it was her long time abuser. Maybe her mother?

This is just my speculation. It is in my head and I want to get it out of there.

What if the little girl was not the sister? What if she came to the family later when Heo Jin-Ok married the father? Heo Jin Ok was the mother of that little sad girl?

I don`t understand the pictures.

Heo Jin Ok, the father and  two girls. The girl with the father is the same girl who was trying the dress. She is radiant, has a big smile on her face like always. That it was supposed to be Woo Kyung, the girl who was depressed all the time like the step mother said? Something is not right. The other girl is Se Kyung?

tumblr_pk3lbf7OQd1sdd1ivo1_540.png

Another picture.

The father is gone. The girls are teanagers. Woo Kyung is holding the step mother and smiling. The other girl is sad. She is there with her family but he body language tells me that looks depressed, she has a defensive attitude, like closing herself.  I think I never saw the stepmother smiling in this drama. 

tumblr_pk3lbf7OQd1sdd1ivo2_540.png

The girls are more mature. Woo Kyung is leaning towards Heo Jin-Ok but not the other girl. Se Kyung has the arms crossed over the chest could indicate indicate that she is being defensive and is turning her back towards the step mother. Maybe it is nothing but the body language stans up in the pictures for me.

tumblr_pk3lbf7OQd1sdd1ivo3_540.png

When the frame of the photo broke, the step mother looked at the picture and sighed. I can`t wait for Woo Kyung to find the aunt, or for Se Kyung to wake up. I want to know the truth as bad as our heroine. The step mother said that Woo Kyung accepted her as the mother from the start.  What we know and the pictures/ memories are not fitting.

What happened in that family? 

Another moving scene was when Woo Kyung as talking with Bit Na about the meaning of the book, Children of Nobody. I think she was like Bit Na once. She thought that being a good child , will make the "mother"  became good again.

About the other woman. Min Ha Jung was awful. She looked like a crazy woman, obssesed with the grades of her daughter, beating her one minute and telling that she loved her next.  It was a powerful scene where Woo Kyung confronted her at the police station, showing the pictures of her daughter She was shocked to realised the paralel between herself and the abusive father that he once has blamed. At least she admitted her blame. 

About Red Cry. I also had the impresion that there is a group who is lead by Red Cry. Did they not know about Min ha Jung`s behavior? But why she had all those secret conversations? She was part of that group?  All victims came in contact with that site.

Spoiler

tumblr_pk3lbf7OQd1sdd1ivo4_r1_540.png

I can`t wait for the next episodes. The plot thickens.

4 hours ago, Rafael Pascual said:

Kudos to Lee Yi Kyung for this. #RespectStaffRights

can you explain more about this? very interested hahah

@bebebisous33 i love your analysis. so if i am reading correctly you think that cwk is the one seeing the girl with the dress and being jealous right? and in her fantasies she received it. cause that girl looking like her makes total sense. it's all a compilation of all the things she doesn't understand and projections.

her stepmom mis kinda like MHJ in the fact that like...they think theyre doing things right but they are being caustic and hurtful. also i want to say that the stepmom saying she understands the woman that killed her kids in the beginning and i think that's important. she says it's hard raising a child and not having time to yourself. which it is. not that murder is okay but the intense pressure put on women. they all think theyre doing their best but they arent and misusing their influence. i have a very hard time believing that either they didnt know about MHJ; i think this group is seriously misguided. and i want to know what their process of thought is because something is off even within murdering people based off their own guidelines that doesn't take into account money, social responsibility, and other factors of parenting nor how children woudl fair with the trauma of someone dying.

her mom killed herself because of being pressured and because of guilt. seemingly, she could have gotten therapy and some visiting rights with her child. if she could understand the errors and crimes she commited she could have made up for the past and tried. instead she kills herself. although her child knows what her mom does is insane and confusing and hurtful how is she now going to move on with this extra on her back. this group isn't thinking clearly at all.

One wonders whether CWK is actually her biological child which she abused.

Since in this equation there is one missing child and the family photo of 4 does not show that little girl in the green dress.

And something happened to the "real" CWK in childhood....

Not sure how se kyung fits into this since the vegetative state occurred only 2 years ago in adulthood. 

For her father to imprint new memories... the other surviving child would have to be complicit in the deception.

What was also striking was that none of her friends in the photos remembered the little girl.... the one with the smiley face...

Even if they didn't recall her being cwk... they should have remembered the original little girl in the photo if they were friends... unless its a bunch of random pics taken to start the imprinting process...

We have 2 lanky guys in this show... the IT police officer n eun ho...

Preview is creepy...poor ha na gets sent to the crazy man....

Ack

Yeesh, I'm gone for 1 day and this entire thread blows up. XD Nice to see that more people seem to be discovering the show, though! It definitely deserves the attention.

A lot of people have had some pretty interesting observations/theories about the newest set of episodes. I do think it's pretty safe to say that by now, we can conclude that Wookyung is most likely NOT Red Cry, for which we can breathe a huge sigh of relief. Though I'm not sure that Jiheon and Sooyoung believe that now, because she sure looks pretty guilty from where they're standing atm. :(

One thing that stood out to me about this set of episodes was just how... sad they were. Like they have this very heavy, depressing atmosphere that hangs over them like a cloud or fog. It occurs to me that this is the first time we've actually seen one of the abusive parents actively assault their child, whereas everything else has been implied or reported after the fact, and my heart broke for poor Bitna repeatedly during these episodes. Particularly when she was showing Wookyung exactly what her mother had done to her. T~T And then at the end when she saw her mother's dead body, even after everything, she still cried for her. (Oh God, she must blame herself on some level, too, because she told Wookyung that she wished her mother was dead. My creys, ya'll. D'X This poor girl, someone please give her a long long hug.)

I felt especially bad for Wookyung during these episodes, too. It's not enough that she lost her unborn child and her husband, now they're threatening to take her last remaining child, too, if she keeps trying to find answers about her past. I reeeeeally want her step mother to step on a whole boxful of LEGOs right about now. >:( Like, God, woman, answer the lady's questions about her childhood for heaven's sake, she has a damn right to know. I also think Wookyung might actually be the girl in the green dress, and the "Wookyung" in the photos are someone else, like she was given someone else's identity sometime in her childhood. That, or the girl is her younger sister, but that doesn't seem to be as likely.

Did anyone else notice that when Bitna was explaining where she got her phone the tutor gave to her, it was "from his brother who was working abroad"? And the dude who ran over Sukwoo's mom was "working abroad for a long time." Hmm. HMMMMMMM. I mean, it COULD be coincidence, but considering that Hajung, by all accounts, was actively part of the Red Cry organization (because it does definitely seem to be confirmed as an organization now, not just one person working independently), it would make sense that she would hang out with people from that organization/that organization would be keeping tabs on her in some way. Though i can't fathom why , if she admitted to child abuse, why in the world did the police let her go home? Why wouldn't they just arrest her? Did I miss something?

Also, for the damn life of me, I cannot freaking figure out what the writers are trying to communicate with Eunho's 20 seconds of screentime in this episode, or why he shows up so infrequently despite being a friggin' main character. Like, I'd think nothing of it if he was some random background character, but no, he's billed as one of the four main leads, he's in almost all the promotional photos and posters, and yet if I did not know that going into this, I would be completely within my rights to write him off as a secondary character at most. Either the writers have seriously dropped the ball when it comes to his character (aka thinking he was going to be more important when they started and then changing the story so much during the writing/shooting process that his character became obsolete), or something big big big is going on with him. Was he the one who bugged Wookyung's office and ratted Hajung out to the rest of Red Cry, or was the tutor the one responsible for that, or did they get wind of her crime some other way? I kind of assumed that the information went public, but I could be wrong about that. In any case, I really, really don't know what is going on with Lee Eunho, man. I don't know if the writers are trying to show that he notices when Wookyung takes new kids in for counseling and therefore knows that Wookyung is a trustworthy adult figure in these kids' lives, which would perhaps leading him to confide in or trust her in the future during a crucial moment, OR that they're trying to connect him with the events that are unfolding by being the bridge between Wookyung's office and the deaths incited by Red Cry. I want to be able to trust him, I want to believe that he's done nothing wrong, but the writers sure af aren't making it easy. I really hope the writers give him some more screen time so we can learn more about him and soon!

all The people who has been murdered in this story are ,in society’s eyes, the worse type of criminals...( I need hana’s Dad to be in the line of fire for red cry ASAP)

it does incite murderous feelings in most people and I believe that a vulnerable like eunho  ( by vulnerable...I’m assuming that he was abused and susceptible to suggestion) could be easily recruited by red cry into being a contact point for information on the children they must “save”...

it would have made more sense if the child he drew was bitna...but likely too obvious as a plot device...

who was the little boy...was it seokwoo?

then it would be a “trophy” wall of “ saved or in this case “avenged” children.

am sorry if I’m still on the Jh/wk emotional connection....loved his last look in her direction ...:wub:...just put them in a noona romance in a future drama....

but I think this young actor has found his forte....he is really shining in this role...

watched him in go back couple as the buffoonish bff....complete transformation...

17 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

By the way, @mrsj3n what caught my attention, when CWK interviewed Bit Na, there was a camera and it was recording the whole conversation. So someone just needs to watch the video and he knows everything... I guess, CWK must be uploading the video in her computer.

I was really hopeful watching this scene. That this could be an answer to Red Cry's methods. There are alternative ways to punish a crime, to save a person instead of resorting to the murder. But at the end when she was killed in front of her daughter I understood my hopes were all in futile. 

3 hours ago, akiera said:

I was really hopeful watching this scene. That this could be an answer to Red Cry's methods. There are alternative ways to punish a crime, to save a person instead of resorting to the murder. But at the end when she was killed in front of her daughter I understood my hopes were all in futile. 

That's why I really dislike Red Cry because the sentence is always the same: death sentence. Fact is that the children are hurt a second time, when they lose their parent. Although Bit Na resented her mother a lot, a part of her couldn't stop loving her. I believe that it was the same for Ha Na. Losing a parent is not the solution... sure, they should be punished for their crime but they need therapy in the end, just like their children.  

On 12/21/2018 at 12:34 AM, joccu said:

So this drama title comes from the book that WK is reading to Eunseo. The children of nobody. It is really interesting.

@joccu I think the story in the book was very sad. It's about a tiger who dresses up as the mom of a couple of kids, wants to eat them - but the kids run away and become the sun and the moon... I think it was very fitting that Bit Na felt that her mom became a tiger from time to time. It literally made me think of the parenting style called "Tiger Mom", something Min Ha Jung for sure can be viewed as.... Min Ha Jung saw Bit Na as an extension of herself, someone who she could form into a person she herself aspired to become. She sadly justified abusing her child by telling herself and her child she did it out of love. Well, at least she seemed to take some responsibility of her actions before she killed herself...

On 12/21/2018 at 5:16 AM, mrsj3n said:

Poor Woo Kyung..

As if being betrayed by her ex wasn't enough.. now the step mother too.

Why on earth did the step mother go and visit the ex husband and even asked him to step in???

I mean WTH????

He betrayed WK when she needed him the most!!

Why Step Mother??? Why?

@mrsj3n Maybe the step mom is trying to hide something terrible? She clearly doesn't want CWK to dig up anything from the past and wants her to focus on the present moment instead.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:30 PM, thistle said:

Having seen that a very strange thought went through my head:  what if our WK isn't the real WK?  What if she was adopted by WK's parents?What if she did harm the real WK?

Her dad had some reason for being so careful about re-programming her thoughts and memories.  There is something in the past that we just don't know.  And I hope we find out soon!

On 12/21/2018 at 4:45 PM, bebebisous33 said:

That's what I have been thinking. There was a switch... and the older sister knew about it. By doing so, the parents ensure that the abuse can never be discovered and reported. Notice that there is a relative to CWK, an aunt, and CWK has never heard of her or never seen her. There is no one who can confirm who CWK really is. The pictures shown to the people who visited the same school are about the taller girl. Now, I think, I know why the father erased every trace of the biological mother. If he hadn't done that, then our heroine would have recognized herself as child because the pictures of her mother would have revealed her true identity.

@bebebisous33 Thanks for your detailed analysis on the girl in the green dress. :)  I do feel like you are on to something here! Also @thistle I agree. I am starting to believe that the pictures we see of CWK from childhood isn't her. That would explain why CWK can't remember anything of her past, and also why her father told her all those made-up stories about "her" childhood.

I think it's good that she is trying to locate her aunt. I hope we will get more clues in the next episodes.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:12 PM, detective3d said:

@detective3d More abused or neglected children? Maybe their parents are going to be targeted by Red Cry next? Eunho is REALLY suspicious.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:46 PM, liddi said:

Having just barely past the half-way mark, I don't believe we have seen enough to make any conclusive conjectures. Nonetheless, I have my suspicions (possibly unfounded) as to the identity of Red Cry, by virtue of the physical traits that we have been privy to thus far - the lanky frame and the long fingers which we have seen before. Will see if this turns out to be just another red herring.

@liddi Please, do share your suspicions. :) 

Some other thoughts:

• We finally got confirmation that Ji-hyung had been abused by his mother as a child
  • Someone is definitely wire tapping or listening in on CWK's conversations or video tapes.
  • The fact that the picture frame of CWK's family broke is quite telling, no? I think that the fact that the stop mom broke it bears some symbolism. A picture of a broken family, maybe the family is just an illusion - not real....? Whatever it is, the illusion will break soon, or then whatever family bonds there are between the members will break soon.
  • On a side note, did anyone else also feel that Red Cry on purpose lured CWK to meet Min Ha Jung? In that way Red Cry (or the organization behind him/her) could frame CWK?

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's why I really dislike Red Cry because the sentence is always the same: death sentence. Fact is that the children are hurt a second time, when they lose their parent. Although Bit Na resented her mother a lot, a part of her couldn't stop loving her. I believe that it was the same for Ha Na. Losing a parent is not the solution... sure, they should be punished for their crime but they need therapy in the end, just like their children.  

I think this is a major point and important to note and something the show is saying as well. it just isn't fair. how are they supposed to deal with these unresolved feelings? bit na's mom was abusive but didnt "know" and a lot of parents feel that way. she was apologizing she was probably--rightfully so--going to spend the rest of her life doing that for her daughter. and she dies. not even thinking about the mental health of the people...punishment and death are two different stories even for children who had traumatic childhoods. it's not THEIR decision. in an ideal world where the law was perfect (but this is a drama) then it would be law enforcement's..

4 hours ago, partyon said:

@joccu I think the story in the book was very sad. It's about a tiger who dresses up as the mom of a couple of kids, wants to eat them - but the kids run away and become the sun and the moon... I think it was very fitting that Bit Na felt that her mom became a tiger from time to time. It literally made me think of the parenting style called "Tiger Mom", something Min Ha Jung for sure can be viewed as.... Min Ha Jung saw Bit Na as an extension of herself, someone who she could form into a person she herself aspired to become. She sadly justified abusing her child by telling herself and her child she did it out of love. Well, at least she seemed to take some responsibility of her actions before she killed herself...

@mrsj3n Maybe the step mom is trying to hide something terrible? She clearly doesn't want CWK to dig up anything from the past and wants her to focus on the present moment instead.

@bebebisous33 Thanks for your detailed analysis on the girl in the green dress. :)  I do feel like you are on to something here! Also @thistle I agree. I am starting to believe that the pictures we see of CWK from childhood isn't her. That would explain why CWK can't remember anything of her past, and also why her father told her all those made-up stories about "her" childhood.

I think it's good that she is trying to locate her aunt. I hope we will get more clues in the next episodes.

@detective3d More abused or neglected children? Maybe their parents are going to be targeted by Red Cry next? Eunho is REALLY suspicious.

@liddi Please, do share your suspicions. :) 

Some other thoughts:

• We finally got confirmation that Ji-hyung had been abused by his mother as a child
  • Someone is definitely wire tapping or listening in on CWK's conversations or video tapes.
  • The fact that the picture frame of CWK's family broke is quite telling, no? I think that the fact that the stop mom broke it bears some symbolism. A picture of a broken family, maybe the family is just an illusion - not real....? Whatever it is, the illusion will break soon, or then whatever family bonds there are between the members will break soon.
  • On a side note, did anyone else also feel that Red Cry on purpose lured CWK to meet Min Ha Jung? In that way Red Cry (or the organization behind him/her) could frame CWK?

I NEED to know more about this. I think they are def gonna go into more detail but god this would make more sense. frankly i think all the main players have trauma in their lives. like i feel like sooyoung was a self harmer...

I am caught up till ep.15-16 now. Had wanted to catch up slowly before Wednesday come, but of course for a story well-developed like this, it's hard to stop, so yeah I've been watching it non-stop since yesterday. Soon I have to suffer the weekly wait for new episodes, lol....

I've also tried to back read as much as possible on the thread, up till discussion on ep.15-16. Great insights and theories! Allow me to share my thoughts below, although it is very premature at this time to even guess who the culprit is. I remember in Achiara, there were new characters introduced towards the end who played important roles to the mystery, so we might still be introduced to more characters here later on. And it wasn't until nearing the end in Achiara that it became more obvious about what actually happened happened and who did what.

Anyway, some of my thoughts below (based on watching up till ep.16), not in order:

- 2 years ago, a few important incidents happened ~ Crime of child burning happened, CWK protested as one of the members of Everybody's Children, CWK had argument with her sister which led to her accident, CWK bedridden for one month. Should be in this order, thus, could the argument with her sister something related to her protesting publicly against the child burning criminal? Maybe the sister revealed something ugly or awful to CWK that caused her to fall into a wreck for a month. This must be the period that ex-husband referred when talking to his secretary-lover in earlier episode. And that was also probably when he started his affair, being comforted by his secretary. We are not given the time frame when KJH was informed by his GF about her pregnancy. I'm guessing about that time too...

- The green dress ~ we saw that it was a gift for the older sister, CWK, and she wore it on her birthday with proof of photograph from old friend. But we also saw the dress torn. My guess is that little girl is either CSK or another little sister that they had, but had died. I am more inclined that there is another youngest sister. CWK might be the person who pushed the little girl and ripped the dress out of jealousy. She might have caused her death later on and the family tried hard to erase that awful memory in order to protect her. This very issue might be the thing that CSK mentioned in her argument with CWK before her paralyzing accident. CSK might be accusing CWK of not having the right to protest a crime against a child when she herself was once a person who caused the death of another child, her own youngest sister. The reason I said this was because of CSK's reaction when seeing the drawn picture of the little girl in green dress. It was more of a shocked reaction. I imagine if it were her own picture or CWK's picture, she wouldn't be as shocked. But because the little girl was not supposed to be around anymore, that she was shocked to see it.

- The stepmother ~ I believe I am in the minority in that I don't think she was abusive towards the children. The fact that she took care of CSK made me doubt she is an abusive or negligent  person. Yes, she did slap CWK and pulled her hand out of hers, but those are still considered normal reaction given the situation. As for CWK's reaction of saying sorry, it could be tied to her deep sense of feeling guilty when she did wrong. Just like how she blamed herself so much for the accident killing the little boy. For me, the stepmother is just a normal housewife/mother who does her function out of sense of duty. No emotions invested. Just doing the job. She said she isn't sure how she should think about CWK because I think in her mind, CWK is not supposed to be a "nice" person. Notice that she said so whenever CWK was being nice and loving and thankful to her. That confuses her. Meaning there is another opposite side of CWK.

- KJH and CWK ~ I don't sense any romantic notion, and don't care if there's any later on. What KJH is feeling/doing for CWK is a reasonable reaction from one person to another that one respects. I really didn't see KJH showing any romantic feeling for CWK this far.

- I also guessed that CWK's office is bugged, probably even with a hidden video recording her sessions.

I'll share this much for now. Will come back when I thought of more...

Archived